Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,990 members, 7,817,911 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:48 PM

Bombshell! Shock And Trepidation As Indigenous Igbos Are Discovered In Bayelsa. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bombshell! Shock And Trepidation As Indigenous Igbos Are Discovered In Bayelsa. (4996 Views)

The Indigenous Igbos Of Kogi State / Kaduna PDP Crises: The Long Road To The Trepidation Of An Ex Governor & Senator / Where Are Those People Saying There Are Indigenous Igbos In Akwa Ibom? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bombshell! Shock And Trepidation As Indigenous Igbos Are Discovered In Bayelsa. by richmond500: 7:05pm On Sep 07, 2021
SlayerForever:
In the video the youths can be heard dishing out instructions to each other in Igbo as they coordinate the attack on their monarch's palace.
those five ipob piglets are the indigenous Igbos in BY, I laugh in Afghanistan
Re: Bombshell! Shock And Trepidation As Indigenous Igbos Are Discovered In Bayelsa. by Eastlink(m): 7:05pm On Sep 07, 2021
richmond500:
they don't, Rivers state could have but not Bayelsa, those guys are probably just Igbo boys causing mayhem.

What ethnic group are the igbos in Bayelsa called?
They go by their village names. The don't accept that they are Igbos based on my interaction with the girl. I guess the Ijawnization policy of secessive Bayelsa state Government and made worst by the Governorship of the former Governor have made everyone both Ogbia, Epie, Isoko, Ekpeye and the Igbo tribes etc see themselves as Ijaws.

The only way you could tell they are Igbos is when they speak and also their surnames.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bombshell! Shock And Trepidation As Indigenous Igbos Are Discovered In Bayelsa. by richmond500: 7:06pm On Sep 07, 2021
SlayerForever:
Ruggedtimi, Robbstark, nengibo, Captain8 et el Ijaw please how are this community in far away Bayelsa speaking Igbo. Something is fishy.
nothing is fishy here, these are ipob piglets, I am not sure that is even ijaw sef.

There isn't a single Igbo in BY
Re: Bombshell! Shock And Trepidation As Indigenous Igbos Are Discovered In Bayelsa. by SlayerForever: 7:09pm On Sep 07, 2021
richmond500:
nothing is fishy here, these are ipob piglets, I am not sure that is even ijaw sef.

There isn't a single Igbo in BY

You no get yarns. We are coming with more facts and figures.
Re: Bombshell! Shock And Trepidation As Indigenous Igbos Are Discovered In Bayelsa. by Eastlink(m): 7:14pm On Sep 07, 2021
SlayerForever:

I tell you. Here is one indigenous Igbo in Bayelsa. Funny enough she thinks she's Ijaw. There are a lot of them like that that I've interacted with here in Lagos. They speak Igbo and bear Igbo Surnames but because of their state, they don't want to call themselves Igbos. If you ask them why they speak Igbo and bear Igbo surname, they just tell you to mind your business. So I've learnt to mind my business grin

5 Likes

Re: Bombshell! Shock And Trepidation As Indigenous Igbos Are Discovered In Bayelsa. by richmond500: 7:19pm On Sep 07, 2021
SlayerForever:

name the indigenous Igbo in BY, no be to come deh talk rubbish based on video weh surface online
Re: Bombshell! Shock And Trepidation As Indigenous Igbos Are Discovered In Bayelsa. by SlayerForever: 7:19pm On Sep 07, 2021
Eastlink:
I tell you. Here is one indigenous Igbo in Bayelsa. Funny enough she thinks she's Ijaw. There are a lot of them like that that I've interacted with here in Lagos. They speak Igbo and bear Igbo Surnames but because of their state, they don't want to call themselves Igbos. If you ask them why they speak Igbo and bear Igbo surname, they just tell you to mind your business. So I've leaent to mind my business grin

Hmmm. Maybe I should peruse her profile.
Re: Bombshell! Shock And Trepidation As Indigenous Igbos Are Discovered In Bayelsa. by richmond500: 7:20pm On Sep 07, 2021
Eastlink:
I tell you. Here is one indigenous Igbo in Bayelsa. Funny enough she thinks she's Ijaw. There are a lot of them like that that I've interacted with here in Lagos. They speak Igbo and bear Igbo Surnames but because of their state, they don't want to call themselves Igbos. If you ask them why they speak Igbo and bear Igbo surname, they just tell you to mind your business. So I've leaent to mind my business grin
There is a lady that bears the name Obi in BY, she is Bayelsa epie and not igbo

1 Like

Re: Bombshell! Shock And Trepidation As Indigenous Igbos Are Discovered In Bayelsa. by Eastlink(m): 7:22pm On Sep 07, 2021
richmond500:
There is a lady that bears the name Obi in BY, she is Bayelsa epie and not igbo
Maybe you should tell me what Nwaku means in Ijaw.

cc Bishopmagic, Oyatz, Tonye and other Ijo nationalists.

2 Likes

Re: Bombshell! Shock And Trepidation As Indigenous Igbos Are Discovered In Bayelsa. by SlayerForever: 7:22pm On Sep 07, 2021
richmond500:
name the indigenous Igbo in BY, no be to come deh talk rubbish based on video weh surface online

That place is Brass. Those are Brass youths who attacked Diete Spiff's palace after he suspected of taking money from AGIP to silence the disparaged youths of the community.

4 Likes

Re: Bombshell! Shock And Trepidation As Indigenous Igbos Are Discovered In Bayelsa. by richmond500: 7:22pm On Sep 07, 2021
Eastlink:
They go by their village names. The don't accept that they are Igbos based on my interaction with the girl. I guess the Ijawnization policy of secessive Bayelsa state Government and made worst by the Governorship of the former Governor have made everyone both Ogbia, Epie, Isoko, Ekpeye and the Igbo tribes etc see themselves as Ijaws.

The only way you could tell they are Igbos is when they speak and also their surnames.
I know Epie ppl doesn't see themselves as ijaw and they hate to be called Igbo, bearing Igbo related surnames does not automatically make them igbos.

Rivers people bear the names Bobmanuel, green, whyte, Briggs, west etc... That doesn't make them british
Re: Bombshell! Shock And Trepidation As Indigenous Igbos Are Discovered In Bayelsa. by richmond500: 7:25pm On Sep 07, 2021
SlayerForever:

That place is Brass. Those are Brass youths who attacked Diete Spiff's palace after he suspected of taking money from AGIP to silence the disparaged youths of the community.
no part of Brass speak Igbo, what are they called? What is their ethnic name?
Don't just bring video from wherever u feel and call it Bayelsan Igbo, also there is not even a single hummer limo in Brass. Brass is predominantly water, this ur video is all lies

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bombshell! Shock And Trepidation As Indigenous Igbos Are Discovered In Bayelsa. by Eastlink(m): 7:26pm On Sep 07, 2021
richmond500:
I know Epie ppl doesn't see themselves as ijaw and they hate to be called Igbo, bearing Igbo related surnames does not automatically make them igbos.

Rivers people bear the names Bobmanuel, green, whyte, Briggs, west etc... That doesn't make them british
Nah I guess you didn't read my post. She's not Epie. I know Epie people and have them as friends. She's Igbo the same with her village. But what surprises me is that she doesn't accept being called Igbo but Ijaw.

5 Likes

Re: Bombshell! Shock And Trepidation As Indigenous Igbos Are Discovered In Bayelsa. by oyatz(m): 7:27pm On Sep 07, 2021
Eastlink:
Maybe you should me what Nwaku means in Ijaw.

cc Bishopmagic, Oyatz, Tonye and other Ijo nationalists.

I don't know what it means sir.

In the next 200 years, almost all southern Nigeria would have coalesce into one super ethnic group.
Re: Bombshell! Shock And Trepidation As Indigenous Igbos Are Discovered In Bayelsa. by SlayerForever: 7:29pm On Sep 07, 2021
richmond500:
no part of Brass speak Igbo, what are they called? What is their ethnic name?
Don't just bring video from wherever u feel and call it Bayelsan Igbo, also there is not even a single hummer limo in Brass. Brass is predominantly water, this ur video is all lies

This is direct from the Bayelsa state governor! :
https://www.google.com/url?q=https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/05/twon-brass-protest-diri-condemns-attack-on-diette-spiff/&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwjDxJvIvu3yAhXrJrkGHWBMADgQFnoECAQQAg&usg=AOvVaw1R7h1hFlh6e25mFvATZHOy
Re: Bombshell! Shock And Trepidation As Indigenous Igbos Are Discovered In Bayelsa. by richmond500: 7:29pm On Sep 07, 2021
Eastlink:
Nah I guess you didn't read my post. She's not Epie. I know Epie people and have them as friends. She's Igbo the same with her village. But what surprises me is that she doesn't accept being called Igbo but Ijaw.
OK, she may have ancestral lineage traced to Igbo but there isn't Igbo in BY, Rivers is debatable but not BY
Re: Bombshell! Shock And Trepidation As Indigenous Igbos Are Discovered In Bayelsa. by OfoIgbo: 7:29pm On Sep 07, 2021
richmond500:
name the indigenous Igbo in Bayelsa state, moreover how are u sure this is Bayelsa?

What part of Bayelsa is this?

Odibeze

2 Likes

Re: Bombshell! Shock And Trepidation As Indigenous Igbos Are Discovered In Bayelsa. by Eastlink(m): 7:30pm On Sep 07, 2021
SlayerForever:

For real. I know Nembe/Brass have a few Igbo links if you consider their King's middle names and some facebook names. But are you sure that Brass is the location of that video? Maybe you should do more by showing more evidence.
Re: Bombshell! Shock And Trepidation As Indigenous Igbos Are Discovered In Bayelsa. by richmond500: 7:31pm On Sep 07, 2021
oyatz:

I don't know what it means sir.

In the next 200 years, almost all southern Nigeria would have coalesce into one super ethnic group.
did u read? The article says Amayanabo of Brass, Amayanabo is not an Igbo word, this video and that article is even unrealted
Re: Bombshell! Shock And Trepidation As Indigenous Igbos Are Discovered In Bayelsa. by SlayerForever: 7:33pm On Sep 07, 2021
Eastlink:
For real. I know Nembe/Brass have a few Igbo links if you consider their King middle names and a few Facebook names. But are you sure that Brass is the location of that video? Maybe you should do more by showing more evidence.

It happened exactly in Twon-Brass!

Afterwards Diete Spiff and AGIP hurriedly restored power to the area.
Re: Bombshell! Shock And Trepidation As Indigenous Igbos Are Discovered In Bayelsa. by richmond500: 7:34pm On Sep 07, 2021
OfoIgbo:

Odibeze
there is no igbo ethnic group like odibeze in Bayelsa lol
Re: Bombshell! Shock And Trepidation As Indigenous Igbos Are Discovered In Bayelsa. by SlayerForever: 7:35pm On Sep 07, 2021
I will search for more of this!
Re: Bombshell! Shock And Trepidation As Indigenous Igbos Are Discovered In Bayelsa. by richmond500: 7:36pm On Sep 07, 2021
Eastlink:
For real. I know Nembe/Brass have a few Igbo links if you consider their King's middle names and a some Facebook names. But are you sure that Brass is the location of that video? Maybe you should do more by showing more evidence.
There could be Igbo traders in BY but there isn't any indigenous Igbo in Bayelsa, don't be deceived.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bombshell! Shock And Trepidation As Indigenous Igbos Are Discovered In Bayelsa. by Eastlink(m): 7:42pm On Sep 07, 2021
SlayerForever:
Indigenes earlier suspected to be Ijaw in Bayelsa attacked their monarch 3 months ago, but it didn't make the news. However the attack was captured on video.

Listen to the angry youths as they besiege the King's palace.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1397677837717487616

shocked shocked shocked
You are right dear. I just watched the links and got this screenshot.

Re: Bombshell! Shock And Trepidation As Indigenous Igbos Are Discovered In Bayelsa. by Eastlink(m): 7:47pm On Sep 07, 2021
I guess the incident happened in May this year. Here's more links. The attackers are the community youths. What shocked me is that they are speaking Igbo. I was expecting to hear Ijo language. Not suprising though.

I once came across names of personalities from Nembe/Brass extraction in a community development journal I read online. Pdf I guess. And to my greatest suprise the names I saw there made me have a rethink. Ijaw and Igbo names flying here and there. I was quite surprised and thought it was names given to them by their mothers. Especially the fabrications by Ijos that the Igbo links in Bayelsa were as a result of marriage by Ijaw men to Igbo women. But this video has exposed a lot of lies.

https://twitter.com/ipannigeria/status/1397676438455738377?s=21

https://twitter.com/ipannigeria/status/1397678533103738882?s=21

Omo there are lot of lies about this Ijaw ethnic identity that if a deep fact finding mission is carried out in a lot of Bayelsa communities, the revelations that will be dugged will be mind blowing.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bombshell! Shock And Trepidation As Indigenous Igbos Are Discovered In Bayelsa. by SlayerForever: 7:57pm On Sep 07, 2021
Eastlink:
You are right dear. I just watched the links and got this screenshot.

Thank you.
Re: Bombshell! Shock And Trepidation As Indigenous Igbos Are Discovered In Bayelsa. by OfoIgbo: 8:02pm On Sep 07, 2021
richmond500:
there is no igbo ethnic group like odibeze in Bayelsa lol

I named a Bayelsan bearing an Igbo name.
A name printed on the shirt of one of the Igbo-speaking youths attacking their monarch's palace in Bayelsa

3 Likes

Re: Bombshell! Shock And Trepidation As Indigenous Igbos Are Discovered In Bayelsa. by RobbStark(m): 8:42pm On Sep 07, 2021
New day new thread, new territory to claim online

Patiently waiting for 2moros thread. Lol.

Na cruise and it's really funny
Re: Bombshell! Shock And Trepidation As Indigenous Igbos Are Discovered In Bayelsa. by RobbStark(m): 8:44pm On Sep 07, 2021
richmond500:
There could be Igbo traders in BY but there isn't any indigenous Igbo in Bayelsa, don't be deceived.

You really have time for this online warriors.

Their claim ends here

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bombshell! Shock And Trepidation As Indigenous Igbos Are Discovered In Bayelsa. by htdot: 8:47pm On Sep 07, 2021
Flyingngel:
Una don carry Una matter go Bayelsa?
Nobe small... all these chest beaters grin
Re: Bombshell! Shock And Trepidation As Indigenous Igbos Are Discovered In Bayelsa. by richmond500: 9:10pm On Sep 07, 2021
Ariani:
Igbo sentences from the video:

1. Tinye ya n'ime Moto
2. Tinye ya n'ime Moto ka osuo ji oku!
3. Bia unu ....
4. Oga anyi
5. Iji ya
6. Piawaa cylinder

These are all central Igbo words o!

Look at what was written on the polo one of them was wearing?

"Odibeze" = Odi be Eze= something that is in a king's house.
That's a pet name a man gives to his lovely and beloved wife in Igboland.
The dead woman was called Odibeze! shocked

How come no one told us of these things all these years! That Bayelsa is not really Ijawland!
my problem is that Brass is predominantly water, how then did that hummer limo get there?
Re: Bombshell! Shock And Trepidation As Indigenous Igbos Are Discovered In Bayelsa. by richmond500: 9:14pm On Sep 07, 2021
Eastlink:
I guess the incident happened in May this year. Here's more links. The attackers are the community youths. What shocked me is that they are speaking Igbo. I was expecting to hear Ijo language. Not suprising though.

I once came across names of personalities from Nembe/Brass extraction in a community development journal I read online. Pdf I guess. And to my greatest suprise the names I saw there made me have a rethink. Ijaw and Igbo names flying here and there. I was quite surprised and thought it was names given to them by their mothers. Especially the fabrications by Ijos that the Igbo links in Bayelsa were as a result of marriage by Ijaw men to Igbo women. But this video has exposed a lot of lies.

https://twitter.com/ipannigeria/status/1397676438455738377?s=21

https://twitter.com/ipannigeria/status/1397678533103738882?s=21

Omo there are lot of lies about this Ijaw ethnic identity that if a deep fact finding mission is carried out in a lot of Bayelsa communities, the revelations that will be dugged will be mind blowing.
how did that hummer limo get to Brass that is predominantly water?
Need I remind u that the whale killed some few years ago was in Brass, that's how massive the water body is.
That video is not in Bayelsa, let alone Brass

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Goodluck Jonathan And The Expectations Of Nigerians-festus Keyamo / Compensate Awo By Giving Fcta Ministerial Appointment To Segun Awolowo / Femi Fani-kayode Took Over The Real Antecedent Of His Father - S.B. Falegan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.