Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,259 members, 7,815,404 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:52 AM

Compensate Awo By Giving Fcta Ministerial Appointment To Segun Awolowo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Compensate Awo By Giving Fcta Ministerial Appointment To Segun Awolowo (4996 Views)

Northerners In NEPC Gang Up Against Segun Awolowo / Dolapo Osinbajo At Segun Awolowo's 25th Wedding Anniversary (Photos) / Dolapo Osinbajo And Her First Cousin Segun Awolowo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Compensate Awo By Giving Fcta Ministerial Appointment To Segun Awolowo by KnowAll(m): 10:41am On Jun 12, 2011
[size=18pt]Note[/size]- [b]I am not holding court for Mr Awolowo, neither have I met him b4 or seeing him in flesh,  becos I know our people on NL, they would start asking silly questions of how much did he pay u, this is  just a thought from an independent free thinke[/b]r.

[b]Mr Segun Awolowo has served 2 or 3 Ministers as a commisioner in the FCTA, I think it is about time Mr Goodluck compensate these young man( not too sure wheter to use that term as the gentleman in question is knocking on 50 years) with either the Junior Minister Position of the FCTA OR THE  FULL Minister position, I would prefer the latter thus,  beacuse I believe a Southerner should be the next Minister of the FCTA and administering a supposedly neutral City like Abuja should be every Nigerians right irrespective of tribe, religion or race.

The man has done enough apprentice in that region, he served in differnt departments and to the best of my knowledge would be quite on the know of what that city requires going forward. The second reason is the Awolowo family has really gotten A RAW and BAD kicking on the teeth by that recent write up by Mr omatsheye with his diatribe,  misplaced and one-sided rantings about this holy grail Yoruba family.

His article lacked objectivity and can only be viewed as a loyal servant who does not want to un-ruffle the hand that feeds him perhaps he might get a pay rise by getting himself embroiled in an un-charted and controversial territory. The fact that some well known Awoist and even siblings of that family would not stoop low and beg Tinubu for party nominations does not make them all  shallow, un-ambitious and un-motivational people.

Mr Omatsheye said that since papa Awolowo died nothing good has come out of his siblings. In any other democracy when someone has been in an organisation for sometime(Mr Awolowo has been working for the FCTA for sometime now)  the likelihood of promotion to the next level would be the natural progressive thing to expect but for some reasons every Nigeria leader has always nominated a Northerner for this post of the Minister of the FCTA, thereby forgetting that in the 1960's Yardua's father was the Minister for Lagos and nobody raised a ruse or riot over that, so what is the big deal a Southerner heading FCTA. 

I think to prove Mr Omatsheye wrong and to make Southerners and especially SWesterner's perceived loss in the speakership race a more bearable and Palatable pain(not that I feel any pain about what happened in the House but some do and to placate those dissenting voices)  Mr Awolowo's promotion to that of a full Minister should be a welcome development. This Promotion more than anyting cannot be seeing as favourtism or nepotism but a promotion of a person who has learned the trade of administering Abuja by paying his due to society by serving 3 FCTA Ministers diligently without discord, I hope Mr President is taking note and would be brave enough to make an informed decision and put Mr Omatsheye's theory and thesis to shame[/b].  undecided
Re: Compensate Awo By Giving Fcta Ministerial Appointment To Segun Awolowo by KnowAll(m): 10:48am On Jun 12, 2011
AREA COUNCIL SERVICES SECRETARIAT
| |
Functions:
Supervises all administrative and supplies matters. Provides services in establishment, training, staff welfare, discipline/open/confidential registry, and supervises stores, archives, tenders, due process etc. Takes inventory & analyse the location distribution of various projects, assess the viability of proposed projects, assess and compel adherence to due process, help in building Area Council Works Department capacity on standing practices of project Administration and Management. Coordinates the developmental process in the Area Councils, help in checking youth restiveness in the Area Councils. Provides health facilities in the Area Councils, monitor the existing health matters in the Area Councils, and access the quality of health services being rendered to the Area Council.

Departments:
Admin. & Finance, Inspectorate, Planning & Monitoring, Chieftaincy & Community Development and Health Care Delivery Services.

Head:
Olusegun Awolowo
Secretary

1 Kapital St. Area 11, Garki
Tel. no- 08022237014
areacouncil@yahoo.com
Re: Compensate Awo By Giving Fcta Ministerial Appointment To Segun Awolowo by Desola(f): 10:49am On Jun 12, 2011
No bleeping compensation for nothing! This is a democracy and it should be treated as such! Why give someone a position because of where he's from? The Southwest do not want to be handed positions, we are meritorious enough and have very capable men but to say you are compensating us is a bloody insult! Give it to ibos, they would be happy! Not all this positions are for the good of any particular region but for personal gain. A minister should be appointed based on proven track record and the ability to deliver and not because his name is Awolowo or Ogendengbe! We don't think like the ibos, we are different! You cannot appease us with positions because we have foresight. We are dreaming big while you want us to think just about now.

Our aims are not just for now but the future. Don't try and destabilise us with your stupid positions. A position which would last for 4 years is not good enough. We want liberty, freedom and fairness. We want our people to do well collectively and if we have to play regional politics to achieve that, then so be it! I would rather be a marginalised Nigerian but a proud, wealthy and healthy Yoruba woman!

Yorubas should shun all these rubbish and look inwardly! So long as our monthly allocation isn't tampered with and we contribute our fair share to Nigeria, let's shun this nonsense! When the time comes, we would emerge but for now, let's build a strong Yoruba economy and we would be the envy of the world and not Nigeria alone!
Re: Compensate Awo By Giving Fcta Ministerial Appointment To Segun Awolowo by KnowAll(m): 10:59am On Jun 12, 2011
A minister should be appointed based on proven track record and the ability to deliver and not because his name is Awolowo or Ogendengbe!

Don't you think it is a two way street I mean your position. What makes you think a man just because his name is Awolowo is not over-qualified for the post of Minister for Abuja than someone who is not in the system at all. The guy has learned his trade and it is only natural for someone to get a promotion sooner rather later. If he is interested I don't see any reasons why he can't throw his hat in the ring.

IF Ojukwu's wife that resides in Nigeria can be diaspora special adviser to the President why not Segun Awolowo that has been in the same place for almost 6 years now
. undecided
Re: Compensate Awo By Giving Fcta Ministerial Appointment To Segun Awolowo by hercules07: 12:33pm On Jun 12, 2011
We should stop giving people positions because of their names, their father came from obscurity to become the best leader yorubas have ever had, what is sauce for the midas should be sauce for the mendicant. We need true federalism, we need to be able to control our destinies within the country called Nigeria, we do not need handouts, they can give those positions to other tribes, as long as we can develop at our own pace and with the co-operation of all the ethnic groups we have welcomed in our region we are okay. SW o ni baje oooooooooooo.
Re: Compensate Awo By Giving Fcta Ministerial Appointment To Segun Awolowo by KnowAll(m): 12:45pm On Jun 12, 2011
We should stop giving people positions because of their names, their father came from obscurity to become the best leader yorubas have ever had, what is sauce for the midas should be sauce for the mendicant. We need true federalism, we need to be able to control our destinies within the country called Nigeria, we do not need handouts, they can give those positions to other tribes, as long as we can develop at our own pace and with the co-operation of all the ethnic groups we have welcomed in our region we are okay. SW o ni baje oooooooooooo.

Forget SW for a moment and put yourself in that man's shoe and forget about his surname for a moment. If you were the one working in that kind of environment what would be your short term goal in that organisation. Obviously without mincing words and not been a mind reader every aspiring worker would like to take over from their oga one day. I suppose Segun Awolowo would not be any different having such natural aspirations and damn right he has a right to have such desire whether he is an Awolowo or not.
Re: Compensate Awo By Giving Fcta Ministerial Appointment To Segun Awolowo by hercules07: 1:06pm On Jun 12, 2011
Ministers are appointed, and this should be done on merit, his name should not give him unnecessary advantage.
Re: Compensate Awo By Giving Fcta Ministerial Appointment To Segun Awolowo by KnowAll(m): 1:17pm On Jun 12, 2011
Ministers are appointed, and this should be done on merit, his name should not give him unnecessary advantage.

A man that has been in organisation for 6 years learning the ropes in my book is not un-necessay advantage in fact his name seem to do more harm to him than good if I must say. embarassed
Re: Compensate Awo By Giving Fcta Ministerial Appointment To Segun Awolowo by hakanai(m): 3:19pm On Jun 12, 2011
@OP
Did he ask you to campaign for him?wetin concern you with the choice of Awo and FCT? Abeg allow people hear word.Its his case unique or what?There are others better than him abegi.let presido SELECT his cabinet period!!! angry
Re: Compensate Awo By Giving Fcta Ministerial Appointment To Segun Awolowo by KnowAll(m): 3:36pm On Jun 12, 2011
Did he ask you to campaign for him?wetin concern you with the choice of Awo and FCT? Abeg allow people hear word.Its his case unique or what?There are others better than him abegi.let presido SELECT his cabinet period!!

Did you read the disclaimer at the top of the piece. I hope I have not put the poor boy in " wahala" his oga my start thinking this boy wants my job but then who cares it is a free world, one should not cower away from controversial issuescool
Re: Compensate Awo By Giving Fcta Ministerial Appointment To Segun Awolowo by EkoIle1: 3:50pm On Jun 12, 2011
KnowAll:

[size=18pt]Note[/size]- [b]I am not holding court for Mr Awolowo, neither have I met him b4 or seeing him in flesh,  becos I know our people on NL, they would start asking silly questions of how much did he pay u, this is  just a thought from an independent free thinke[/b]r.

Mr Segun Awolowo has served 2 or 3 Ministers as a commisioner in the FCTA, I think it is about time Mr Goodluck compensate these young man( not too sure wheter to use that term as the gentleman in question is knocking on 50 years) with either the Junior Minister Position of the FCTA OR THE  FULL Minister position, I would prefer the latter thus,  beacuse I believe a Southerner should be the next Minister of the FCTA and administering a supposedly neutral City like Abuja should be every Nigerians right irrespective of tribe, religion or race.

The man has done enough apprentice in that region, he served in differnt departments and to the best of my knowledge would be quite on the know of what that city requires going forward. The second reason is the Awolowo family has really gotten A RAW and BAD kicking on the teeth by that recent write up by Mr omatsheye with his diatribe,  misplaced and one-sided rantings about this holy grail Yoruba family.

His article lacked objectivity and can only be viewed as a loyal servant who does not want to un-ruffle the hand that feeds him perhaps he might get a pay rise by getting himself embroiled in an un-charted and controversial territory. The fact that some well known Awoist and even siblings of that family would not stoop low and beg Tinubu for party nominations does not make them all  shallow, un-ambitious and un-motivational people.

Mr Omatsheye said that since papa Awolowo died nothing good has come out of his siblings.
In any other democracy when someone has been in an organisation for sometime(Mr Awolowo has been working for the FCTA for sometime now)  the likelihood of promotion to the next level would be the natural progressive thing to expect but for some reasons every Nigeria leader has always nominated a Northerner for this post of the Minister of the FCTA, thereby forgetting that in the 1960's Yardua's father was the Minister for Lagos and nobody raised a ruse or riot over that, so what is the big deal a Southerner heading FCTA.  

I think to prove Mr Omatsheye wrong and to make Southerners and especially SWesterner's perceived loss in the speakership race a more bearable and Palatable pain(not that I feel any pain about what happened in the House but some do and to placate those dissenting voices)  Mr Awolowo's promotion to that of a full Minister should be a welcome development. This Promotion more than anyting cannot be seeing as favourtism or nepotism but a promotion of a person who has learned the trade of administering Abuja by paying his due to society by serving 3 FCTA Ministers diligently without discord, I hope Mr President is taking note and would be brave enough to make an informed decision and put Mr Omatsheye's theory and thesis to shame

See how you betrayed and discredited your already flawed write up.

These clowns are using Awolow's legacy and the Tribune to attack and call people names everyday and they got a single response from one writer and everybody is rolling on the floor.

What about the people they attack everyday? Who's standing up and yelling fairness on their behalf? I guess we we should just sit and take their attacks, get called all kinds of names because they are the privileged Awolow family.

They really are lucky that's all the got from that writer.

The only reason  they get a pass for their BS is because of Awolow, but they are not going to hold the SW hostage because of that name.

About the silly FCT position, that's non of our business, that's between him and his crooked and corrupt friends in Abuja.
Re: Compensate Awo By Giving Fcta Ministerial Appointment To Segun Awolowo by KnowAll(m): 4:39pm On Jun 12, 2011
See how you betrayed and discredited your already flawed write up.

These clowns are using Awolow's legacy and the Tribune to attack and call people names everyday and they got a single response from one writer and everybody is rolling on the floor.

What about the people they attack everyday? Who's standing up and yelling fairness on their behalf? I guess we we should just sit and take their attacks, get called all kinds of names because they are the privileged Awolow family.

They really are lucky that's all the got from that writer.

The only reason they get a pass for their BS is because of Awolow, but they are not going to hold the SW hostage because of that name.

About the silly FCT position, that's non of our business, that's between him and his crooked and corrupt friends in Abuja.

[b]My write up cannot be more flawed than Mr Omatsheye's who wants to justify the pittance Tinubu is paying him and obviously probably wants a pat in the back for throwing the dirt on the Awolowos, I am sure Tinubu would have thanked him enormously for a job well done. And I am also sure the Awolowos must have severely warned their wards not to approach Tinubu for any favour by the matriarch less that person would be humiliated like the Abiolas when one of them sought out Mr Oshoba to seek his approval and blessing to run for the House of Reps, but to the Abiolas shock he was summarily and unceromoniously turned down in favour of Mr Oshoba's younger and inexperience son.

Mr Segun Awolowo has a job like millions of poor Nigerians have a job and if for any reasons the powers that need be wants to promote him to ministerial level all well and good. He would and I am sure like millions of Nigerians embrace it with open hands after all what is the point of working in a place if you cannot get to the zenith of the place, nobody wants to be stationery in Life[/b]. undecided
Re: Compensate Awo By Giving Fcta Ministerial Appointment To Segun Awolowo by EkoIle1: 5:21pm On Jun 12, 2011
KnowAll:

[b]My write up cannot be more flawed than Mr Omatsheye's who wants to justify the pittance Tinubu is paying him and obviously probably wants a pat in the back for throwing the dirt on the Awolowos, I am sure Tinubu would have thanked him enormously for a job well done. And I am also sure the Awolowos must have severely warned their wards not to approach Tinubu for any favour by the matriarch less that person would be humiliated like the Abiolas when one of them sought out Mr Oshoba to seek his approval and blessing to run for the House of Reps, but to the Abiolas shock he was summarily and unceromoniously turned down in favour of Mr Oshoba's younger and inexperience son.

Mr Segun Awolowo has a job like millions of poor Nigerians have a job and if for any reasons the powers that need be wants to promote him to ministerial level all well and good. He would and I am sure like millions of Nigerians embrace it with open hands after all what is the point of working in a place if you cannot get to the zenith of the place, nobody wants to be stationery in Life[/b]. undecided

No need to repeat your one track defense all over again, I heard you the first time. I just need you to address my take about their daily attack on other people and the people they attack everyday. 

Who arrogated to them the right and privilege to needlessly attack and abuse other people with the Tribune ans Awolowo name everyday? Just who? Awolowo from his Grave?

Omatsheye is a brave man, he basically said what a lot of people are too scared to say because of the Awolowo name. I commend him greatly.

Awo's name and the tribune don't mean much these days, they' both bought and paid for by the same evil  people Awolow fought till his death.
Re: Compensate Awo By Giving Fcta Ministerial Appointment To Segun Awolowo by ayinba1(f): 6:37pm On Jun 12, 2011
Desola:

No bleeping compensation for nothing! This is a democracy and it should be treated as such! Why give someone a position because of where he's from? The Southwest do not want to be handed positions, we are meritorious enough and have very capable men but to say you are compensating us is a bloody insult! Give it to ibos, they would be happy! Not all this positions are for the good of any particular region but for personal gain. A minister should be appointed based on proven track record and the ability to deliver and not because his name is Awolowo or Ogendengbe! We don't think like the ibos, we are different! You cannot appease us with positions because we have foresight. We are dreaming big while you want us to think just about now.

Our aims are not just for now but the future. Don't try and destabilise us with your silly positions. A position which would last for 4 years is not good enough. We want liberty, freedom and fairness. We want our people to do well collectively and if we have to play regional politics to achieve that, then so be it! I would rather be a marginalised Nigerian but a proud, wealthy and healthy Yoruba woman!

Yorubas should shun all these rubbish and look inwardly! So long as our monthly allocation isn't tampered with and we contribute our fair share to Nigeria, let's shun this nonsense! When the time comes, we would emerge but for now, let's build a strong Yoruba economy and we would be the envy of the world and not Nigeria alone!

Wo! God bless you. Me likey!
Ori to pe correct correct!

@OP
wetin be dis now? ok we dash you the post! grin
Re: Compensate Awo By Giving Fcta Ministerial Appointment To Segun Awolowo by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jun 12, 2011
@Knowall

dont act sentimental boy, this is a democracy, not a monarchy.
Re: Compensate Awo By Giving Fcta Ministerial Appointment To Segun Awolowo by aloyemeka1: 6:55pm On Jun 12, 2011
Desola:

Our aims are not just for now but the future. Don't try and destabilise us with your silly positions. A position which would last for 4 years is not good enough. We want liberty, freedom and fairness. We want our people to do well collectively and if we have to play regional politics to achieve that, then so be it! I would rather be a marginalised Nigerian but a proud, wealthy and healthy Yoruba woman!

Why is it that NL creates new bigots everyday as old ones die off?. Your continuous mention of the Igbos shows nothing but inferiority complex. Can you make a complete sentence without making reference to Igbos?. Are you Igbo crazy?. What has this question got to do with Igbos?.
You claim that Yorubas only take political appointments based on merit?. Do you have amnesia?. People like Bode George, Fani Kayode, Grange, etc are not Igbos, are they?.

How many Yorubas apart from Olu Falae can you mention in the last 20 years who quit their appointments because they either hate the system or they feel they are not worthy to handle it?. Rather their Igbo counterparts always do it ceaselessly. People  like Ebitu Ukiwe, Okonjo iwale, Leslie Obiora, Oby Ezekewsili, etc have all relinquished juicy appointments due to their personal belief.
Stop throwing tantrums at people because you are bigoted. The problem is not the igbos, rather it is you who is sick in the head and I suggest you seek mental and spiritual help before it gets out of hand.
Re: Compensate Awo By Giving Fcta Ministerial Appointment To Segun Awolowo by wilywily13: 6:56pm On Jun 12, 2011
Yes, we have to compensate Segun Awolowo with FCT Minister so that he can start selling non Yoruba properties to Yoruba people, nonsense.
Segun is the Son of Obafemi Awolowo, stealing is in their Gene. Do u think we have forgotten how Awolowo his Father Sold off Igbo people properties to his fellow Kinsmen. Yoruba is a Fraudulent Tribe
Re: Compensate Awo By Giving Fcta Ministerial Appointment To Segun Awolowo by aloyemeka1: 6:57pm On Jun 12, 2011
wilywily,:

Yes, we have to compensate Segun Awolowo with FCT Minister so that he can start selling non Yoruba properties to Yoruba people, nonsense.
Segun is the Son of Obafemi Awolowo, stealing is in their Gene. Do u think we have forgotten how Awolowo his Father Sold off Igbo people properties to his fellow Kinsmen. Yoruba is a Fraudulent Tribe

And all your Niger Delta kinsmen are saints? undecided undecided undecided
Re: Compensate Awo By Giving Fcta Ministerial Appointment To Segun Awolowo by aloyemeka1: 7:04pm On Jun 12, 2011
KnowAll:

[size=18pt]Note[/size]- [b]I am not holding court for Mr Awolowo, neither have I met him b4 or seeing him in flesh,  becos I know our people on NL, they would start asking silly questions of how much did he pay u, this is  just a thought from an independent free thinke[/b]r.

[b]Mr Segun Awolowo has served 2 or 3 Ministers as a commisioner in the FCTA, I think it is about time Mr Goodluck compensate these young man( not too sure wheter to use that term as the gentleman in question is knocking on 50 years) with either the Junior Minister Position of the FCTA OR THE  FULL Minister position, I would prefer the latter thus,  beacuse I believe a Southerner should be the next Minister of the FCTA and administering a supposedly neutral City like Abuja should be every Nigerians right irrespective of tribe, religion or race.

The man has done enough apprentice in that region, he served in differnt departments and to the best of my knowledge would be quite on the know of what that city requires going forward. The second reason is the Awolowo family has really gotten A RAW and BAD kicking on the teeth by that recent write up by Mr omatsheye with his diatribe,  misplaced and one-sided rantings about this holy grail Yoruba family.

His article lacked objectivity and can only be viewed as a loyal servant who does not want to un-ruffle the hand that feeds him perhaps he might get a pay rise by getting himself embroiled in an un-charted and controversial territory. The fact that some well known Awoist and even siblings of that family would not stoop low and beg Tinubu for party nominations does not make them all  shallow, un-ambitious and un-motivational people.

Mr Omatsheye said that since papa Awolowo died nothing good has come out of his siblings. In any other democracy when someone has been in an organisation for sometime(Mr Awolowo has been working for the FCTA for sometime now)  the likelihood of promotion to the next level would be the natural progressive thing to expect but for some reasons every Nigeria leader has always nominated a Northerner for this post of the Minister of the FCTA, thereby forgetting that in the 1960's Yardua's father was the Minister for Lagos and nobody raised a ruse or riot over that, so what is the big deal a Southerner heading FCTA. 

I think to prove Mr Omatsheye wrong and to make Southerners and especially SWesterner's perceived loss in the speakership race a more bearable and Palatable pain(not that I feel any pain about what happened in the House but some do and to placate those dissenting voices)  Mr Awolowo's promotion to that of a full Minister should be a welcome development. This Promotion more than anyting cannot be seeing as favourtism or nepotism but a promotion of a person who has learned the trade of administering Abuja by paying his due to society by serving 3 FCTA Ministers diligently without discord, I hope Mr President is taking note and would be brave enough to make an informed decision and put Mr Omatsheye's theory and thesis to shame[/b].  undecided

Why should the Nigerian government or the SW compensate Awo?. For what?. You Nigerians needs to stop hero worship and until you learn to do that, you will never see light. Hero worship is the reason crooks like Bola Tinubu are able to amass so much power among his kinsmen and there will be a time he will have so much followership that he will be very difficult to contain.

A stark illiterate succeeded in doing the same in Ibadan few years ago and he was so powerful that even the president couldn't bring him down until death set the people of Oyo free from his clutches. If an illiterate like Adedibu succeed in doing that, you can imagine how far a learned thug like Tinubu can go?
Re: Compensate Awo By Giving Fcta Ministerial Appointment To Segun Awolowo by wilywily13: 7:07pm On Jun 12, 2011
aloy/emeka:

And all your Niger Delta kinsmen are saints? undecided undecided undecided
If u see any thief there he/she learnt it from the Yorubas. If u can't beat them u follow them.
Re: Compensate Awo By Giving Fcta Ministerial Appointment To Segun Awolowo by Desola(f): 7:18pm On Jun 12, 2011
Why is it that NL creates new bigots everyday as old ones die off?. Your continuous mention of the Igbos shows nothing but inferiority complex. Can you make a complete sentence without making reference to Igbos?. Are you Igbo crazy?. What has this question got to do with Igbos?.
You claim that Yorubas only take political appointments based on merit?. Do you have amnesia?. People like Bode George, Fani Kayode, Grange, etc are not Igbos, are they?.

How many Yorubas apart from Olu Falae can you mention in the last 20 years who quit their appointments because they either hate the system or they feel they are not worthy to handle it?. Rather their Igbo counterparts always do it ceaselessly. People  like Ebitu Ukiwe, Okonjo iwale, Leslie Obiora, Oby Ezekewsili, etc have all relinquished juicy appointments due to their personal belief.
Stop throwing tantrums at people because you are bigoted. The problem is not the igbos, rather it is you who is sick in the head and I suggest you seek mental and spiritual help before it gets out of hand.

Are you done m4sturb4ting? Yeah? Okay.

I know that you are a few bricks short of a wall so I won't suffer a fool gladly. smiley
Re: Compensate Awo By Giving Fcta Ministerial Appointment To Segun Awolowo by mithel(m): 7:35pm On Jun 12, 2011
Gosh,why most nigerians cnt do things without sentiments i dont know,haba so because he is an awolowo,even if he has only waec certificate,he deserves something abi.yeye.wonder when MERIT WOULD BE OUR WATCHWORD
Re: Compensate Awo By Giving Fcta Ministerial Appointment To Segun Awolowo by KnowAll(m): 7:53pm On Jun 12, 2011
Are we saying this gentleman is not qualified or what?  undecided Is this not persecution because his name is Awolowo?  What are even the qualification of the last 3 Ministers of the FCT. 

The door should be open to 150 million Nigerians including Abacha's son, IBB's son and any down and trodden kid,  just because a person have a well known surname that person has become Monarchy,  undecided  haba the sins of the father must not be re-visited on the sons and daughters for crying out loud . Moreso the person we are talking about here has worked in the same place for 6 years so he has the required minimum standard experience and expertise to rule the roost in that department
Re: Compensate Awo By Giving Fcta Ministerial Appointment To Segun Awolowo by mithel(m): 8:02pm On Jun 12, 2011
^^ c.razy guy
Re: Compensate Awo By Giving Fcta Ministerial Appointment To Segun Awolowo by MaiSuya(m): 9:32pm On Jun 12, 2011
''compensation with ministerial post''. . .KAI! Naija don suffer.  cry cry

Isn't it time we stopped making a mockery of ourselves before the world?

If indeed the young man is qualified for the position, then by all means let him be considered. . .'not compensated'.
Re: Compensate Awo By Giving Fcta Ministerial Appointment To Segun Awolowo by mastro: 9:07am On Jun 13, 2011
''compensation with ministerial post''. . .KAI! Naija don suffer. Cry Cry

Isn't it time we stopped making a mockery of ourselves before the world?

If indeed the young man is qualified for the position, then by all means let him be considered. . .'not compensated'.

I think I also should be compensated after all I'm a Nigerian too, N1billon will be fine.

But seriously, wow "Knowitall" or rather know nothing, did you actually read what you wrote, I mean actually read and understand, so in your opinion Segun (who I happen to know by the way) should be made a minister based on his Grandfathers merits. Really I'm almost lost for words, you are obviously literate (after 3000 posts) so what is your thought process, should all Ziks children be made ministers as well?

We have a long long way to go in this country.
Re: Compensate Awo By Giving Fcta Ministerial Appointment To Segun Awolowo by KnowAll(m): 10:14am On Jun 13, 2011
I think I also should be compensated after all I'm a Nigerian too, N1billon will be fine.

But seriously, wow "Knowitall" or rather know nothing, did you actually read what you wrote, I mean actually read and understand, so in your opinion Segun (who I happen to know by the way) should be made a minister based on his Grandfathers merits. Really I'm almost lost for words, you are obviously literate (after 3000 posts) so what is your thought process, should all Ziks children be made ministers as well?

We have a long long way to go in this country

[b]I am not saying they should make him a minister if he is an humpty-dumpty, but if he knows his job, why not, don’t you think he is a victim of his popular name. I am sure he has a degree and he has worked with the FCTA for some considerable time, which makes him more qualified for now than say someone who is an outsider, it then goes without saying if he aspires and wishes to move to the next step up and become a Minister, why not? undecided

And Secondly people are generally envious of their friends; you are saying you know him personally I am sure you would view any appointment he gets as a perversion of justice and not the right decision just because he is an Awolowo, we need to look beyond parochialism and into the content of one’s character.

You would need to re-appraise what u wrote, because it is dotted with envy and jealousy an unenviable trend I have noticed by most of the contributors to this thread.

Let the poor boy be, we have had worse people as ministers, everything is “ asiko” – “time”.[/b]
Re: Compensate Awo By Giving Fcta Ministerial Appointment To Segun Awolowo by agitator: 11:53am On Jun 13, 2011
KnowAll:

I am not saying they should make him a minister if he is an humpty-dumpty, but if he knows his job, why not, don’t you think he is a victim of his popular name. I am sure he has a degree and [b]he has worked with the FCTA for some considerable time, which makes him more qualified for now than say someone who is an outsider, it then goes without saying if he aspires and wishes to move to the next step up and become a Minister, why not? undecided

And Secondly people are generally envious of their friends; you are saying you know him personally I am sure you would view any appointment he gets as a perversion of justice and not the right decision just because he is an Awolowo, we need to look beyond parochialism and into the content of one’s character.

You would need to re-appraise what u wrote, because it is dotted with envy and jealousy an unenviable trend I have noticed by most of the contributors to this thread.

Let the poor boy be, we have had worse people as ministers, everything is “ asiko” – “time”.[/b]

is he the only nigerian who has worked in the FCTA?

KnowAll:

You are campaigning for somebody you have not met or seen before? in Nigeria and you want people to believe you? Why not go to aso rock or NASS. or is nairaland now a place to solicit for ministerial appointments?
Re: Compensate Awo By Giving Fcta Ministerial Appointment To Segun Awolowo by KnowAll(m): 12:27pm On Jun 13, 2011
You are campaigning for somebody you have not met or seen before? in Nigeria and you want people to believe you? Why not go to aso rock or NASS. or is nairaland now a place to solicit for ministerial appointments?

[b]I am not campaigning for anyone I am only saying if Mr President is thinking of injecting new bloods into the system somebody who has ample experience in a particular Government department would be a starting point , that would be a good asset worth considering.

And secondly it looks like you are new on NL, if you know me well(I enjoy writing, and also enjoy controversy).  I wrote on why Saraki would be a good President for Nigeria, 2 weeks later he threw his cap in the ring, I wrote nice things on the virtue of Buhari, 3 weeks later “ BB” wild-fire gained momentum and became a “catch phrase” I wrote on how Tura Yardua was holding the nation to ransom and how we are being Governed by a Dead man, 4 weeks after the National Assembly woke up from their slumber, I wrote on some other controversial individuals that many people do not like, like Akala, OGD,  General Dambaza, Dangote for Governor and so many Nigerian heavy weights if I collect money from these people I would probably be a billionaire by now, but I am still in England doing my own shiiit.

The bottom-line is I am independent thinker, and thinkers with their pens can change and chart new courses for nations, that alone would give me enough gratification than collecting money from people to write like our now famous Mr Omatsheye.[/b] grin
Re: Compensate Awo By Giving Fcta Ministerial Appointment To Segun Awolowo by Kobojunkie: 12:56pm On Jun 13, 2011
what a mo-ronic suggestion. embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Compensate Awo By Giving Fcta Ministerial Appointment To Segun Awolowo by KnowAll(m): 1:10pm On Jun 13, 2011
what a mo-ronic suggestion.

99.9% of your 24,000 postings is full of shiiit, always look for someone to spare with, I AINT Got ya time woman!!! undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria Will Rather Break For Buhari To Be President- FG / Now That Atiku Has Resigned From APC, Here Is What Will Happen Soon / Is Population Of The Northern A Reality Or A Fraud?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.