Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,821 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:47 AM

Please Recommend A Project Based Javascript Tutorial For Me? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Please Recommend A Project Based Javascript Tutorial For Me? (1326 Views)

Can You Please Recommend A Digital Skill For Me? / Does Anyone Have Javascript Tutorial Pdf By Tutorials Point / Javascript Tutorial For Beginners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Recommend A Project Based Javascript Tutorial For Me? by nobody01: 3:42pm On Sep 07, 2021
Hello Gurus, I want to begin learning JavaScript mostly the OOP aspect since I already have experience with the basics. I am looking for a project based tutorial, so I can follow hands on. Any suggestions please?

Qtguru, Tensazangetsu20, Karleb, spartan117, stanliwise
Re: Please Recommend A Project Based Javascript Tutorial For Me? by qtguru(m): 3:57pm On Sep 07, 2021
nobody01:
Hello Gurus, I want to begin learning JavaScript mostly the OOP aspect since I already have experience with the basics. I am looking for a project based tutorial, so I can follow hands on. Any suggestions please?

I will advise to learn ES5 first before learning ES6 Classes as that's just syntactic sugar
Re: Please Recommend A Project Based Javascript Tutorial For Me? by spartan117(m): 4:09pm On Sep 07, 2021
nobody01:

Go to Youtube and search for Brad Traversytar he has very great project videos.

Also search for Dev Ed he has great content and a very good way of explaining difficult things (personally learnt a lot from this guy) he also won't keep you bored with his dry jokes lol.

You can start with this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ttf3CEsEwMQ

2 Likes

Re: Please Recommend A Project Based Javascript Tutorial For Me? by nobody01: 4:37pm On Sep 07, 2021
qtguru:

I will advise to learn ES5 first before learning ES6 Classes as that's just syntactic sugar

Any recommendations for tutorials?
Re: Please Recommend A Project Based Javascript Tutorial For Me? by nobody01: 4:40pm On Sep 07, 2021
spartan117:

Go to Youtube and search for Brad Traversytar he has very great project videos.

Also search for Dev Ed he has great content and a very good way of explaining difficult things (personally learnt a lot from this guy) he also won't keep you bored with his dry jokes lol.

You can start with this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ttf3CEsEwMQ

I don't really know if it's me but I don't really grab Brad Travesty. I have tried his JS tutorial once though I understood the basics due to my past experience with other languages. Also, I had issues understanding his Django tutorials.
Re: Please Recommend A Project Based Javascript Tutorial For Me? by spartan117(m): 4:42pm On Sep 07, 2021
nobody01:

I don't really know if it's me but I don't really grab Brad Travesty. I have tried his JS tutorial once though I understood the basics due to my past experience with other languages. Also, I had issues understanding his Django tutorials.
Then try Dev Ed his explanations are good
Re: Please Recommend A Project Based Javascript Tutorial For Me? by Nobody: 4:53pm On Sep 07, 2021
I downloaded freecodecamps’ build 15 javascript projects course on YouTube.
It’s an 8 hr video, but then i couldn’t stand the instructors voice sad
So frustrating. You can check it out cause the part I managed to watch was making sense.
Re: Please Recommend A Project Based Javascript Tutorial For Me? by tensazangetsu20(m): 5:11pm On Sep 07, 2021
Just look for Any website you fancy. Rebuild all the pages using html CSS and JavaScript. I won't advise you to use youtube projects as a lot of people are already doing that and will have the same projects. Also you aren't really learning or challenging yourself as you are just coding alongside the instructor.

11 Likes

Re: Please Recommend A Project Based Javascript Tutorial For Me? by akus6060(m): 5:15pm On Sep 07, 2021
Always picking facts and inspirations from ur words
tensazangetsu20:
Just look for Any website you fancy. Rebuild all the pages using html CSS and JavaScript. I won't advise you to use youtube projects as a lot of people are already doing that and will have the same projects. Also you aren't really learning or challenging yourself as you are just coding alongside the instructor.

1 Like

Re: Please Recommend A Project Based Javascript Tutorial For Me? by ProfAmaben(m): 5:34pm On Sep 07, 2021
Go to Udemy and buy a solid course, I'll recommended JavaScript courses from Maximilian Schwarzmueller. OOP JavaScript won't take you far as a Frontend Engineer except you wanna be a backend person. Most Frontend codebases don't have OOP, embrace functional programming and the concept of immutability.

2 Likes

Re: Please Recommend A Project Based Javascript Tutorial For Me? by nobody01: 5:38pm On Sep 07, 2021
spartan117:

Then try Dev Ed his explanations are good
I will check this out, thank you.
Re: Please Recommend A Project Based Javascript Tutorial For Me? by nobody01: 5:39pm On Sep 07, 2021
Rgade:
I downloaded freecodecamps’ build 15 javascript projects course on YouTube.
It’s an 8 hr video, but then i couldn’t stand the instructors voice sad
So frustrating. You can check it out cause the part I managed to watch was making sense.

I don't really think I will have the patience to sit down for 8 hours to watch it, and I may have issues remembering where I stopped nevertheless I will check it out. Thanks for your suggestion
Re: Please Recommend A Project Based Javascript Tutorial For Me? by nobody01: 5:41pm On Sep 07, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

Hmm, I tried this while doing HTML and CSS but I failed when I tried it once at JavaScript, so I think I need some kind of guidance to pick up first then this can come.
I am not adding what I will build from the tutorial to my portfolio due to the fact you stated (it's already random). Your contributions are always valuable, thanks.

1 Like

Re: Please Recommend A Project Based Javascript Tutorial For Me? by tensazangetsu20(m): 5:47pm On Sep 07, 2021
nobody01:

Hmm, I tried this while doing HTML and CSS but I failed when I tried it once at JavaScript, so I think I need some kind of guidance to pick up first then this can come.
I am not adding what I will build from the tutorial to my portfolio due to the fact you stated (it's already random). Your contributions are always valuable, thanks.
If you are building for learning sake then start here https://jsbeginners.com/javascript-projects-for-beginners/#below-list

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Recommend A Project Based Javascript Tutorial For Me? by nobody01: 5:51pm On Sep 07, 2021
ProfAmaben:
Go to Udemy and buy a solid course, I'll recommended JavaScript courses from Maximilian Schwarzmueller. OOP JavaScript won't take you far as a Frontend Engineer except you wanna be a backend person. Most Frontend codebases don't have OOP, embrace functional programming and the concept of immutability.

I once bought a course from Udemy when I started learning Python, but I abandoned it because I didn't like the explanation by Tutor. I ended up learning from Harvard's CS50 and The Net Ninja.

I don't have intentions to be a Frontend Dev, I already write Django and I intend to continue on that path. I only want to add Node.Js to my skill set that's why I am learning JavaScript.
Re: Please Recommend A Project Based Javascript Tutorial For Me? by nobody01: 5:52pm On Sep 07, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

If you are building for learning sake then start here https://jsbeginners.com/javascript-projects-for-beginners/#below-list

Thanks I will try it out.
Re: Please Recommend A Project Based Javascript Tutorial For Me? by ProfAmaben(m): 6:13pm On Sep 07, 2021
nobody01:

I once bought a course from Udemy when I started learning Python, but I abandoned it because I didn't like the explanation by Tutor. I ended up learning from Harvard's CS50 and The Net Ninja.

I don't have intentions to be a Frontend Dev, I already write Django and I intend to continue on that path. I only want to add Node.Js to my skill set that's why I am learning JavaScript.

Yeah, if you read my comment you'll see where I stated Backend there cos that's where OOP is heavily used. Udemy is great, probably you didn't research properly before buying then or the tutor wasn't good enough.

1 Like

Re: Please Recommend A Project Based Javascript Tutorial For Me? by qtguru(m): 6:27pm On Sep 07, 2021
nobody01:

Any recommendations for tutorials?

Learn ES5 basic, but use this book as a reference guide meaning learn the basic and move to ES6 and be consulting this book from time to time.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Recommend A Project Based Javascript Tutorial For Me? by nobody01: 6:29pm On Sep 07, 2021
ProfAmaben:

Yeah, if you read my comment you'll see where I stated Backend there cos that's where OOP is heavily used. Udemy is great, probably you didn't research properly before buying then or the tutor wasn't good enough.

I agree Udemy is really good, I hope to go back there to get my AWS course after learning JavaScript.
I bought the course because it was what they used in teaching in an online boot camp I attended, and I thought it would be good but I have learnt from my mistakes.
Re: Please Recommend A Project Based Javascript Tutorial For Me? by nobody01: 6:31pm On Sep 07, 2021
qtguru:

Learn ES5 basic, but use this book as a reference guide meaning learn the basic and move to ES6 and be consulting this book from time to time.

Any link to download it?
Re: Please Recommend A Project Based Javascript Tutorial For Me? by stanliwise(m): 8:22pm On Sep 07, 2021
nobody01:

If you need more knowledge of JS.
Checkout the “You Don’t know JS” series

Perhaps are you backend or frontend?

1 Like

Re: Please Recommend A Project Based Javascript Tutorial For Me? by Nobody: 9:11pm On Sep 07, 2021
nobody01:

I don't really think I will have the patience to sit down for 8 hours to watch it, and I may have issues remembering where I stopped nevertheless I will check it out. Thanks for your suggestion
It’s actually 15 projects you’ll be building so you know why it’s that long.
Re: Please Recommend A Project Based Javascript Tutorial For Me? by nobody01: 9:32pm On Sep 07, 2021
stanliwise:

If you need more knowledge of JS.
Checkout the “You Don’t know JS” series

Perhaps are you backend or frontend?

I will check it out, thanks. I am a backend dev.
Re: Please Recommend A Project Based Javascript Tutorial For Me? by nobody01: 9:32pm On Sep 07, 2021
Rgade:

It’s actually 15 projects you’ll be building so you know why it’s that long.

Let me see how it goes, I may end up watching it.

2 Likes

Re: Please Recommend A Project Based Javascript Tutorial For Me? by nobody01: 11:10pm On Nov 09, 2021
@Qtguru, please what is your interns stack?

Internship and Connect

I am glad because I hooked up a Figma guy with a new small quick gig, and also the intern guy, I guided him to create an Upwork profile and I refered a job that came to me, He has finally gotten his first client to work with. I am glad this guy took all my advice, cuz I get depressed assisting people, because sometimes It feels like I am forcing people to do certain things.
Re: Please Recommend A Project Based Javascript Tutorial For Me? by qtguru(m): 11:45pm On Nov 09, 2021
nobody01:
@Qtguru, please what is your interns stack?

Internship and Connect

I am glad because I hooked up a Figma guy with a new small quick gig, and also the intern guy, I guided him to create an Upwork profile and I refered a job that came to me, He has finally gotten his first client to work with. I am glad this guy took all my advice, cuz I get depressed assisting people, because sometimes It feels like I am forcing people to do certain things.

React but he is doing Chrome Extension for Gigs
Re: Please Recommend A Project Based Javascript Tutorial For Me? by nobody01: 12:12am On Nov 17, 2021
qtguru:

React but he is doing Chrome Extension for Gigs

Thanks
Re: Please Recommend A Project Based Javascript Tutorial For Me? by africanman85: 8:21am On Nov 17, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

Morning bro. I am learning JavaScript too but I don't have knowledge of HTML and CSS. Should I go back to HTML and CSS or can I achieve great things with just JavaScript ?
@qtguru
@nobody01
Re: Please Recommend A Project Based Javascript Tutorial For Me? by xerxesII: 8:28am On Nov 17, 2021
All John Smilga's courses are project based.

His javascript course helped me in my Web dev/Devops journey

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ji-clqUYnA

1 Like

Re: Please Recommend A Project Based Javascript Tutorial For Me? by tensazangetsu20(m): 8:54am On Nov 17, 2021
africanman85:
Morning bro. I am learning JavaScript too but I don't have knowledge of HTML and CSS. Should I go back to HTML and CSS or can I achieve great things with just JavaScript ?
@qtguru
@nobody01
You can use JavaScript alone for backend with nodejs without HTML and CSS.
Re: Please Recommend A Project Based Javascript Tutorial For Me? by africanman85: 9:07am On Nov 17, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

You can use JavaScript alone for backend with nodejs without HTML and CSS.
Boss, btw frontend and backend, which one has more remote jobs and easier to learn
Re: Please Recommend A Project Based Javascript Tutorial For Me? by tensazangetsu20(m): 9:27am On Nov 17, 2021
africanman85:
Boss, btw frontend and backend, which one has more remote jobs and easier to learn
Honestly it's equal just get good at any of them.

(1) (Reply)

Tech Guys/girls IOS Vs Andriod Which Do You Use And Why / Django Dev Looking For A Job / Help On C#

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.