Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,039 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:20 AM

VAT: FIRS Threatens Those Paying To Rivers After Losing In Court - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / VAT: FIRS Threatens Those Paying To Rivers After Losing In Court (22386 Views)

APC Thug Threatens Those Not Voting APC To Leave The Polling Unit / PDP G-5 Govs Return To Rivers After UK Meeting / VAT: FIRS’ Exclusive List Push Suffers Setback At NASS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: VAT: FIRS Threatens Those Paying To Rivers After Losing In Court by supereagle(m): 5:34am On Sep 08, 2021
Why government of Nigeria agencies like to disregard court rulings?
Re: VAT: FIRS Threatens Those Paying To Rivers After Losing In Court by Wiseandtrue(f): 5:35am On Sep 08, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
The FIRS can't stop the states from collecting VATs
They should face the Nigerian court and see if they will not be held in contempt!

cheesy grin they are just flexing muscles! They know that the matter is out of these companies/individual hands!
Re: VAT: FIRS Threatens Those Paying To Rivers After Losing In Court by StrictlyStreet: 5:40am On Sep 08, 2021
The Rivers State Government should be smart enough to put together a robust legal framework and also review the VAT slightly downward in order to drag more companies into the pool. If the figures are reasonable chances are that compliance will be easier to achieve. Wahala for who dey work for FIRS now.
Re: VAT: FIRS Threatens Those Paying To Rivers After Losing In Court by Itgeo: 5:40am On Sep 08, 2021
I thought the court order made it clear that the STates can continue to collect VAT given that it will be easier for it to remit what it had collected back to the firs,, should it win in an ipper court
Re: VAT: FIRS Threatens Those Paying To Rivers After Losing In Court by igbsam(m): 5:43am On Sep 08, 2021
E no go better for status quo. FIRS should enter bush
Re: VAT: FIRS Threatens Those Paying To Rivers After Losing In Court by Itgeo: 5:44am On Sep 08, 2021
supereagle:
Why government of Nigeria agencies like to disregard court rulings?

Were you expecting them to chicken out just like that? It seems u don't know the kind of money that flows in that Firs, its just like another NNPC, so its not suprising that they barking like a little dog

1 Like

Re: VAT: FIRS Threatens Those Paying To Rivers After Losing In Court by Jaycee07(m): 5:45am On Sep 08, 2021
The constitution saddles the responsibility of interpreting the laws with the third arm of the government, the judiciary. Is FIRS now the arbiter of the law? Are they claiming to be more knowledgeable than a federal judge? The level of stupidity and idiocy sometimes exhibited by certain elements in this administration is to say the least unfathomable

3 Likes

Re: VAT: FIRS Threatens Those Paying To Rivers After Losing In Court by laiza(m): 6:02am On Sep 08, 2021
I really don't think there is much FIRS can do to people paying to Rivers state, but instead of threatening people who are willing to pay and enjoy the dividends of their labour they should direct that threat to Kano state who is hampering the progress of the nation. I may not be a fan of Wike but he is right about one thing; you cannot be a lord in a country that has federal constitution. If you don't want to support alcohol business which is your right then you don't deserve to enjoy the dividends of it as well. Perhaps Arewa Republic should be the one fighting to breakaway from Nigeria as they are close to Jihadists from Niger, Mali and Chad. I'm sure I will sleep better at night if I knew the entire Northern Nigeria is no more in the map of present day Nigeria.

6 Likes

Re: VAT: FIRS Threatens Those Paying To Rivers After Losing In Court by lonelydora: 6:05am On Sep 08, 2021
Juliusmalema:
Every state should collect their VAT .

Very simple
Re: VAT: FIRS Threatens Those Paying To Rivers After Losing In Court by Blitzerz: 6:10am On Sep 08, 2021
fasho01:
Which status quo? Haven't they lost the case in court Irresponsible federal.. Always disregarding court cases when it does not favour them, and enforcing it totally when it favours them.

I think states ought to collect the taxes and remit a small percentage to the federal coffers
No be only coffers....
Na coffin.
Re: VAT: FIRS Threatens Those Paying To Rivers After Losing In Court by samwillyco1(m): 6:25am On Sep 08, 2021
Buhari verses Wike who wins at the end of the day
Re: VAT: FIRS Threatens Those Paying To Rivers After Losing In Court by senteugene: 6:31am On Sep 08, 2021
We drink beer, we collect money..... you drink kunu and fura, you collect your money

1 Like

Re: VAT: FIRS Threatens Those Paying To Rivers After Losing In Court by annisy(f): 6:42am On Sep 08, 2021
God bless wike for testing our laws. This will further strengthen our democracy, I can't wait for the Supreme Court judgment

1 Like

Re: VAT: FIRS Threatens Those Paying To Rivers After Losing In Court by Awoleesu(m): 6:46am On Sep 08, 2021
The repercussions of a corrupt judiciary...

Now, every party in a case knows the judgement always favours the highest bidder!

If you know, you know. cool
Re: VAT: FIRS Threatens Those Paying To Rivers After Losing In Court by Agugbadin: 6:54am On Sep 08, 2021
FIRST should obey court judgment.
Re: VAT: FIRS Threatens Those Paying To Rivers After Losing In Court by Guyman02: 6:55am On Sep 08, 2021
fasho01:
Which status quo? Haven't they lost the case in court Irresponsible federal.. Always disregarding court cases when it does not favour them, and enforcing it totally when it favours them.

I think states ought to collect the taxes and remit a small percentage to the federal coffers.
Why should they remit a small percentage of their money when it's not in the constitution, are the states now NGOs?

2 Likes

Re: VAT: FIRS Threatens Those Paying To Rivers After Losing In Court by eastOFwest(m): 6:57am On Sep 08, 2021
mikedanza:
You lost in the courts. Threaten who?

https://youtube.com/shorts/7nO0SISgL0Q?feature=share

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Lf3WhsByAk

That's all we Africans are good at.

Dance, chop, fvck etc.

Use our brains to innovate things so that we can stop our nations from being fvcked by all foreign nations, we no gree. Even short small prick Chinko man dey fvck us turn-turn.

MAN IS NOT IMPRESSED angry

2 Likes

Re: VAT: FIRS Threatens Those Paying To Rivers After Losing In Court by zicoraads: 6:59am On Sep 08, 2021
Whiteshield:
The FIRS can't do anything. You lost in court, you are now behaving like touts. It is this foolishness that made them lose. Instead of employing lawyers, you employ daft ab0kis into FIRS. I even heard that the olodo who they made FIRS Chairman doesn't have ICAN. grin

There is an obvious lack of intellectualism in the FIRS and lack of commonsense in its leadership.
Everything about most of you must always take the tribalism route.

Fowler, with all his qualifications, remains the worst head to ever lead the FIRS since its creation. It was under Fowler that the FIRS employed every tom, dick and harry. It was under him that the agency lost its allure due to nepotism. Under him that the staff of the agency lost most of their allowances and most of them became dissatisfied, thereby leading to a huge drop in revenue generated. Still under him that most of the directors were being investigated by the EFCC for corruption.

When Fowler's tenure was not renewed, there was massive jubilation in the agency. With all his qualifications, the man was a monumental failure. He was the first Chairman not to be given another 5 year tenure. He was that terrible!

Nami, the present Chairman, is a chartered tax consultant. That is more than enough to head the agency. And so far, he has been doing a wonderful job.
Re: VAT: FIRS Threatens Those Paying To Rivers After Losing In Court by AntiBMC(m): 7:05am On Sep 08, 2021
Conner44:
Please you people should help me look for helinues aka monogamy sad he has created another new moniker and is currently running amok in this politics section

But I know we will expose him soon grin there is no hiding place for zombies and bmc’s here at all. He can never change the way he jumps into every thread posting his usual thrash. Let’s keep our eyes open for his shenanigans

Lol. I'm suspecting this monicker "N0npartisan1". I'm not too sure but I'm watching it grin

2 Likes

Re: VAT: FIRS Threatens Those Paying To Rivers After Losing In Court by Nobody: 7:16am On Sep 08, 2021
These wicked southern Governors don't want me to construct my railway to Niger republic in my cousins compound in pieces.

Chai, make I go chop gworo.

They are the DOT in the Circular.
Re: VAT: FIRS Threatens Those Paying To Rivers After Losing In Court by sabreal: 7:18am On Sep 08, 2021
When the leader of a country is confused, all other part if such a country are confused. You can see one if the most corrupt agencies in Nigeria does not respect the rule of law.

If you want to be very rich and don't to do money rituals, go and work with the like of custom, firs, and nnpc,

[quota author=Islie post=105594551]The agency warns that defaulters may pay penalty for not maintaining the "status quo".

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/483535-vat-firs-threatens-those-paying-to-rivers-govt-after-losing-in-court.html[/quote]
Re: VAT: FIRS Threatens Those Paying To Rivers After Losing In Court by reiddecuti: 7:27am On Sep 08, 2021
Empty barrel makes the largest noise. The judgement have come to stay and States collects VAT.

FIRS, Masari and Co can go hug transformer.

grin grin grin
Re: VAT: FIRS Threatens Those Paying To Rivers After Losing In Court by olisaEze(m): 7:30am On Sep 08, 2021
The truth is that the FG understands that this issue is not just about taxation, but a significant stride towards restructuring & resource control.

And for a time, there is going to be confusion as other States apart from Lagos that will follow have nothing on ground to facilitate VAT collection yet, so some revenue will be lost.

The FG won’t lose much as it controls Abuja which is a top VAT earner. Kano & other sharia loving states meanwhile will learn to respect beer or lose significantly.

Las las sense will reach everyone as it becomes more apparent that OYO is not only a State, but also a state of affairs. grin

Very interesting times we’re living in! grin

1 Like

Re: VAT: FIRS Threatens Those Paying To Rivers After Losing In Court by datamillionaire: 7:37am On Sep 08, 2021
This FIRS need to be taught a lesson. Who do they think they are?
Re: VAT: FIRS Threatens Those Paying To Rivers After Losing In Court by edoairways: 7:48am On Sep 08, 2021
SarkinYarki:
This thing will just be end up in double VAT taxation
It wouldn't as VAT will be remitted to the state not the centre
Re: VAT: FIRS Threatens Those Paying To Rivers After Losing In Court by ekwerendi(m): 7:49am On Sep 08, 2021
Islie:
The agency warns that defaulters may pay penalty for not maintaining the "status quo".

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/483535-vat-firs-threatens-those-paying-to-rivers-govt-after-losing-in-court.html

I love Wike because he is action personified... How can VAT generated from a state by paid to federal government then such state won't be given a greater chunk of it for development.... Imagine a state like Kano, they are banning sales of alcohol and other things they consider Haram in Islam, but the south collects VAT from such products and when the sharing comes, they are given the greater chunk of it because they have more population.... It's not fair...

1 Like

Re: VAT: FIRS Threatens Those Paying To Rivers After Losing In Court by wink2015(m): 7:58am On Sep 08, 2021
Why is governor Masari opposed to the collection of VAT by state government?

He should maintain peace and security in Katsina state and grow his state internally generated revenue.

That is what true federalism is all about?

Sharia state in northern Nigeria who set up hisbah to destroy alcoholic beverages have no justification to cry over the vat case won by Rivers state government which consequently have application in the rest of the 36 states of the federation including Abuja.
Re: VAT: FIRS Threatens Those Paying To Rivers After Losing In Court by adedayourt(m): 8:01am On Sep 08, 2021
Empty threats
Re: VAT: FIRS Threatens Those Paying To Rivers After Losing In Court by Wallade(m): 8:03am On Sep 08, 2021
Whiteshield:
The FIRS can't do anything. You lost in court, you are now behaving like touts. It is this foolishness that made them lose. Instead of employing lawyers, you employ daft ab0kis into FIRS. I even heard that the olodo who they made FIRS Chairman doesn't have ICAN. grin

There is an obvious lack of intellectualism in the FIRS and lack of commonsense in its leadership.

Must he have ICAN? Are you aware that there is ANAN and CITN? These associations can easily be in lieu of ICAN.

Why call the Chairman of FIRS an "Olodo"?
Re: VAT: FIRS Threatens Those Paying To Rivers After Losing In Court by kayusely70(m): 8:03am On Sep 08, 2021
tolakush92:
Payment of tax In a system that doesn't work

I'll fix your phones and laptops at a pocket friendly price

Just check my siggy for more info

Location IKEJA
You must pay VAT on your earnings!
Re: VAT: FIRS Threatens Those Paying To Rivers After Losing In Court by Oyinlomobambam(m): 8:07am On Sep 08, 2021
Any company that pay tax to FIRS should be locked down until they pay another one. What rubbish
Re: VAT: FIRS Threatens Those Paying To Rivers After Losing In Court by Conner44: 8:08am On Sep 08, 2021
AntiBMC:

Lol. I'm suspecting this monicker "N0npartisan1". I'm not too sure but I'm watching it grin

I don’t think so. Maybe 50%. Helinues enjoys posting on every thread possible but does not usually open new threads or topics so I think this your guy might be someone else. I’m not entirely sure sha

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

These Are The Phone Numbers Of All DIG,AIG And Police Commissioners In Nigeria / Supporters Of President Buhari On Solidarity Protest On The Streets Of Abuja / Letter To First Lady By Dele Momodu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.