Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,049 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:59 AM

Doctors Seek Osinbajo’s Intervention To End Strike - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctors Seek Osinbajo’s Intervention To End Strike (7994 Views)

Government Agencies Sending Us Threat Messages To End Strike – Resident Doctors / Nigerian Doctors Seek COVID-19 Lockdown Extension Ahead Of Review Tomorrow / 30 Benue Doctors Display Sack Letters, Seek Gov's Intervention (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Doctors Seek Osinbajo’s Intervention To End Strike by TheRareGem1(f): 5:11am On Sep 08, 2021
The National Association of Resident Doctors (NARD) has vowed not to call off its over one-month industrial action without intervention of Vice President Yemi Osibanjo.

Its National President, Osakhuesuyi Uyilawa, said the union would only call return to duty if it got a strong commitment from Prof. Osibanjo.

“If we get strong commitment from the vice president, I can put myself on the line, I can take it to the national executive of the association, if we get that commitment from the vice president, we can do anything to call-off the strike, the vice president can be trusted. We can believe him,” Uyilawa said when he featured on a television program monitored in Lagos, yesterday.

The strike which began on August 2 has grounded the nation’s health sector even as the Joint Health Sector Union (JOHESU) and the Nigeria Medical Association (NMA) had threatened to join in solidarity

However, labour lawyer, Rosemary Danesi, has admonished government not to allow the strike to linger.

“When we have an agreement, we should strive to respect it. Both parties sticking to their extreme positions will not help, they should make haste and resolve things. Human lives are involved here. I don’t support Federal Government sacking the minister of labour as NARD has demanded, but we should do the right thing.

“If the government is owing them, they should pay. I think most of our politicians do not use our health facilities; maybe that is why they are not bothered, but the lives of the masses is at stake. Government should honor the agreement reached with labor Unions,” she implored.

JOESU President, Biobelemoye Josiah, has blamed the Federal Government for the industrial action, claiming it had always reneged on agreements.

“We are patient dogs, a caregiver should be cared for. You can’t give what you don’t have. We expect the Federal Government to respect agreement we reached. We had an agreement on 30th September 2017, that agreement was supposed to be implemented within five weeks but it was not.

“Government failed to honour agreements because they feel they have a red card as a bad referee. We’re not deterred by the ‘No work no pay’ threat.’

“When the insensitivity and unwillingness to the right thing on the part of government is becoming unbecoming, what else do the masses expect JOHESU to do? Let Nigerians ask the minister of health and minister of labour in particular questions and hold them accountable.”

JOHESU had on August 2, issued a 15-day ultimatum to the Federal Government, threatening to embark on an industrial action if its demands were not meant.

This came barely a week after the NMA and its affiliates also handed down a 21-day ultimatum to declare an industrial action if government failed to resolve all issues contained in the various agreements signed with the doctors.
https://www.nigerianewspapersonline.net/news/doctors-seek-osinbajos-intervention-to-end-strike/

5 Likes

Re: Doctors Seek Osinbajo’s Intervention To End Strike by TheRareGem1(f): 5:12am On Sep 08, 2021
if we get that commitment from the vice president, we can do anything to call-off the strike, the vice president can be trusted. We can believe him,”~national President cool

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Doctors Seek Osinbajo’s Intervention To End Strike by saheedbadmus(m): 5:16am On Sep 08, 2021
Nigeria hmm.. dem no longer trust the president or even the minister for Labour , y? Because them lie sotey doctor's self don tire...
Even the doctor's are tired of the so called strike but they rather sit at home or find something else doing than to go to work and not getting paid.. no wonder our doctor's dey run go UK and Saudi.. who no like better thing..Las Las na we the poor dey suffer these strikes cos all this politifians and children go abroad for better treatment... 9ja we Don enter once chance tey tey .....na we ourselves take our hand finish our selves by voting in heartless and cruel leaders...but one thing is for sure u wicked polithiefians una fit escape God wrath for this world but on the day of yaomal kiyama tebi tiran lejo ma suffer... from a PAINED NIGERIAN..

8 Likes

Re: Doctors Seek Osinbajo’s Intervention To End Strike by Tobsam237(m): 5:17am On Sep 08, 2021
We all forget sometimes this guy is the VICE President. He has a boss and has limitations.

"...the relative power of the Nigerian vice president's office depends upon the duties delegated by the president."

21 Likes

Re: Doctors Seek Osinbajo’s Intervention To End Strike by ideatoprince18(m): 5:17am On Sep 08, 2021
Lol ..... This doctors are wasting their time ....

Osibanjo is like a conered mouse .... He can't do Jackshiit

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Doctors Seek Osinbajo’s Intervention To End Strike by inoki247: 5:17am On Sep 08, 2021
At least Osinbajo no dey clueless like Ngige...

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Doctors Seek Osinbajo’s Intervention To End Strike by airminem(f): 5:18am On Sep 08, 2021
The VP is better presented to enabling his absolute commitment to the plights of the Medical experts. Ngige and the minister of finance are fraudulent in negotiations. Nigeria can't be left in their hands.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Doctors Seek Osinbajo’s Intervention To End Strike by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:18am On Sep 08, 2021
STARBOY , kindly do something about this Doctor's strike issue.
We cherish their works.

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Doctors Seek Osinbajo’s Intervention To End Strike by Wiseandtrue(f): 5:18am On Sep 08, 2021
In other words Buhari has ear infection and doesn't listen grin grin

These doctors no go kee person

Oya! Osibanjo, over to you! The matter is in your court!

4 Likes

Re: Doctors Seek Osinbajo’s Intervention To End Strike by revived: 5:19am On Sep 08, 2021
I No Understand Sef

I bless God For Good Health

2 Likes

Re: Doctors Seek Osinbajo’s Intervention To End Strike by mikedanza(m): 5:21am On Sep 08, 2021
Why should a doctor earn less than $400 but a senator earns millions in naira?

4 Likes

Re: Doctors Seek Osinbajo’s Intervention To End Strike by OrdinaryNigeria(m): 5:22am On Sep 08, 2021

Ngige is not trustworthy at all.

More of a bully than minister

5 Likes

Re: Doctors Seek Osinbajo’s Intervention To End Strike by fasho01(m): 5:24am On Sep 08, 2021
Osinbajo that is just a ceremonial vp cannot do anything

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Doctors Seek Osinbajo’s Intervention To End Strike by Crossroad1(m): 5:24am On Sep 08, 2021
Asking osinbanjo to intervene is like asking pantami to intervene in the affairs of boko haram, are they not the same?
What sort of government is this for goodness sake?
I believe we won't get to this stage if the issue was about cow,ruga or Fulani herdsmen

1 Like

Re: Doctors Seek Osinbajo’s Intervention To End Strike by adioolayi(m): 5:26am On Sep 08, 2021
See this very strong word from NARD Executive,.

"If we get strong commitment from the vice president, I can put myself on the line, I can take it to the national executive of the association, if we get that commitment from the vice president, we can do anything to call-off the strike, the vice president can be trusted. We can believe him,”

Prof. Yemi Osinbajo is the ONLY man from the Southwest I can vote for to lead this Country in 2023.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Doctors Seek Osinbajo’s Intervention To End Strike by MsFaith: 5:28am On Sep 08, 2021
TheRareGem1:

“If the government is owing them, they should pay. I think most of our politicians do not use our health facilities; maybe that is why they are not bothered, but the lives of the masses is at stake. Government should honor the agreement reached with labor Unions,” she implored.

You don’t even have to think it, this is just the reality. The destiny of the masses is determined by the government.

I don’t understand how we arrived here. Politicians vying for government positions that they will become inactive when they finally achieve.

Nobody can sue them or query them or even protest their resignation.

In Nigeria, it can only get worse, so brace yourself.

1 Like

Re: Doctors Seek Osinbajo’s Intervention To End Strike by TheRareGem1(f): 5:33am On Sep 08, 2021
Tobsam237:
We all forget sometimes this guy is the VICE President. He has a boss and has limitations.

"...the relative power of the Nigerian vice president's office depends upon the duties delegated by the president."

Your opinion though.. for the doctor to see Osinbajo as last resort and somebody they trust mean something, not to you of course, but to them (doctors). Deal with it

8 Likes

Re: Doctors Seek Osinbajo’s Intervention To End Strike by TheRareGem1(f): 5:34am On Sep 08, 2021
adioolayi:
See this very strong word from NARD Executive,.

"If we get strong commitment from the vice president, I can put myself on the line, I can take it to the national executive of the association, if we get that commitment from the vice president, we can do anything to call-off the strike, the vice president can be trusted. We can believe him,”

Prof. Yemi Osinbajo is the ONLY man from the Southwest I can vote for to lead this Country in 2023.

I see what you did there grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Doctors Seek Osinbajo’s Intervention To End Strike by airminem(f): 5:38am On Sep 08, 2021
ideatoprince18:
Lol ..... This doctors are wasting their time ....

Osibanjo is like a conered mouse .... He can't do Jackshiit
Sorry sir. Starboy will do better than that native doctor Ngige angry

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Doctors Seek Osinbajo’s Intervention To End Strike by adebayo201: 5:38am On Sep 08, 2021
Hmmm
Re: Doctors Seek Osinbajo’s Intervention To End Strike by Maxwellisaac: 5:44am On Sep 08, 2021
Frm all indications these doctors 'em are even tired of the strike. Dey no wan give up easily. You can imagine that kind of commitment from the Vp grin grin

1 Like

Re: Doctors Seek Osinbajo’s Intervention To End Strike by adioolayi(m): 5:46am On Sep 08, 2021
TheRareGem1:

I see what you did there grin cheesy

It's rare for an elected Government official to be trusted by a pressure group. grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Doctors Seek Osinbajo’s Intervention To End Strike by Authoreety: 6:05am On Sep 08, 2021
Osibanjo can't help them as far as the president delights in traveling to UK for his health.. No way forward
Re: Doctors Seek Osinbajo’s Intervention To End Strike by eedimo(m): 6:18am On Sep 08, 2021
Seriously!!!
There is only one man in this administration unfortunately he is the vice president.
Star boy need to step into this.

5 Likes

Re: Doctors Seek Osinbajo’s Intervention To End Strike by Joylove2324(f): 6:20am On Sep 08, 2021
Re: Doctors Seek Osinbajo’s Intervention To End Strike by maybanks: 6:35am On Sep 08, 2021
Osinbajo's Integrity can be banked on. That's the summary of this story. Even the Resident Doctors know how reliable the man is. Osinbajo is not your every day politician, the man can be trusted.

5 Likes

Re: Doctors Seek Osinbajo’s Intervention To End Strike by spirul77: 6:35am On Sep 08, 2021
fasho01:
Osinbajo that is just a ceremonial vp cannot do anything
but you can't know more than the medical hierarchy asking for his intervention na, or you think it is possible?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Doctors Seek Osinbajo’s Intervention To End Strike by BeardedTraveler: 7:03am On Sep 08, 2021
It's about time.

Check my profile for phone deals

(1) (2) (Reply)

101 Die From Lassa Fever In Nigeria / UNICEF: 100 Children Under Five Die Of Malnutrition In Nigeria Every Hour / Likely Dangers Of Boob Sucking ----->>>A Must Read

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.