Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,848 members, 7,813,865 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:13 PM

Rivers VAT Not For Abuja People, I Don’t Care If Heaven Falls, Wike Warns - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers VAT Not For Abuja People, I Don’t Care If Heaven Falls, Wike Warns (42255 Views)

Wike Warns Julius Berger After Paying 80% Upfront For Road Contracts (Video) / Wike: States Destroying Alcoholic Drinks Cannot Continue To Enjoy Rivers VAT / Wike Warns #RevolutionNow Protesters, Says "Stay Off Rivers State" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rivers VAT Not For Abuja People, I Don’t Care If Heaven Falls, Wike Warns by Ladycewhy(f): 12:47pm On Sep 08, 2021
Wike, man with two working balls.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers VAT Not For Abuja People, I Don’t Care If Heaven Falls, Wike Warns by saaron(m): 12:47pm On Sep 08, 2021
It takes courageous mad men to stand against tyrannical regimes.
Middle Belt and Southern states must tow the same path with Rivers and generate VAT for themselves.
A situation where VAT from beer is shared to Sharia states after destroying people's private beer businesses is TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE. And these northerners have the audacity to object open grazing ban in Southern states. Legislation dully drafted and passed by Southern houses of assemblies and signed into law by govs. And some people think nothing is wrong with Nigeria?

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rivers VAT Not For Abuja People, I Don’t Care If Heaven Falls, Wike Warns by Parisian: 12:47pm On Sep 08, 2021
I have already told my dad not to pay any tax to FIRS people again. Imagine those people calling him and negotiating tax with him.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers VAT Not For Abuja People, I Don’t Care If Heaven Falls, Wike Warns by RedEnergy: 12:47pm On Sep 08, 2021
Wike should contest for presidency. This man is the only Southern governor that knows his onions. The Nigerian Constitution is very clear that VAT belongs to States, and Lands are under Governors. FIRS should be careful not to test his resolve further because not only will FIRS end up VAT-less, they will end up homeless in Rivers too grin. We say No to Economic Slavery and Robbery.

FIRS should be very careful. I have the political will to do a lot of things. If they continue to bully us, I will take all their offices in the state,” he stated.

52 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Rivers VAT Not For Abuja People, I Don’t Care If Heaven Falls, Wike Warns by cooooooks(m): 12:48pm On Sep 08, 2021
Wike should make sure everything is done legally.

Let us set a real, sustainable, precedent.

17 Likes

Re: Rivers VAT Not For Abuja People, I Don’t Care If Heaven Falls, Wike Warns by ogashman(m): 12:49pm On Sep 08, 2021
But rivers oil is for Abuja people...

Penny wise pound foolish

3 Likes

Re: Rivers VAT Not For Abuja People, I Don’t Care If Heaven Falls, Wike Warns by bjdon: 12:49pm On Sep 08, 2021
Wike and Akeredolu are 2 southern governors that are given Buhari and his gang sleepless nights. May the almighty continue to protect them.

28 Likes

Re: Rivers VAT Not For Abuja People, I Don’t Care If Heaven Falls, Wike Warns by EMAXIM(m): 12:49pm On Sep 08, 2021
All Southern States should join dis trend.
Wike, na man you be!

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers VAT Not For Abuja People, I Don’t Care If Heaven Falls, Wike Warns by Miyachi: 12:49pm On Sep 08, 2021
Omo, this is balls.

The more decentralized power becomes the better governance gets.

I wish each it could even go further to each state administering over all her finances.

10 Likes

Re: Rivers VAT Not For Abuja People, I Don’t Care If Heaven Falls, Wike Warns by marvel2011(m): 12:49pm On Sep 08, 2021

3 Likes

Re: Rivers VAT Not For Abuja People, I Don’t Care If Heaven Falls, Wike Warns by gurunlocker: 12:49pm On Sep 08, 2021
Only leeches states will be against this.... Those that will generate 200million in a month but collect 2bn from the FG.... grin

They should collect tax on fura de nunu

27 Likes

Re: Rivers VAT Not For Abuja People, I Don’t Care If Heaven Falls, Wike Warns by dfrost: 12:50pm On Sep 08, 2021
christejames:

State Governance is about to become more interesting!

Which is what states should have been forcing their governors to do. Read the law, there's always a loophole to explore and use it for their states.

Rather they will be flying from Abuja to Heathrow to Jamaica to cruise instead of reading the law.

Even in the Bible, God told the Kings to copy the law with their own hands. Doing so enabled them to know the writings, the laws and how to apply them.

More exposure soon to come.

First it was Akeredolu, now Wike. Both exploiting the constitution and its support for state governance and its independence from the federal government.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers VAT Not For Abuja People, I Don’t Care If Heaven Falls, Wike Warns by Johncuppa(m): 12:52pm On Sep 08, 2021
Sometime you don't know your full capacity and what you're up to until enemy pushes you to the wall.
Injustice is a curse no one want to accept or live with.

Wike got it right.
Lagos, Oyo, Ondo and Ogun should follow suit

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers VAT Not For Abuja People, I Don’t Care If Heaven Falls, Wike Warns by nini007(m): 12:53pm On Sep 08, 2021

2 Likes

Re: Rivers VAT Not For Abuja People, I Don’t Care If Heaven Falls, Wike Warns by Selfmotivated: 12:54pm On Sep 08, 2021
Upon this VAT controversy, even call VAT is included, as well as Facebook VAT, yet nothing to show for it. Money has enter voicemail.

1 Like

Re: Rivers VAT Not For Abuja People, I Don’t Care If Heaven Falls, Wike Warns by Ayo2004: 12:54pm On Sep 08, 2021
Wike for president grin

Bubu and his fulani cohorts won't like this

But seriously,it is annoying how many northern states deliberately put in policies that will reduce income(like banning of beers) but want to steal from the south earning from the exact same policies because na them control FG

Religion extremism is truly a foolish thing

19 Likes

Re: Rivers VAT Not For Abuja People, I Don’t Care If Heaven Falls, Wike Warns by truehero(m): 12:56pm On Sep 08, 2021
Very commendable and the right way to go. Thank God at least the judiciary stood firm on the Truth. What is wrong in enjoying the fruit of your labour.

The parasital federal system is almost destroying the bane of our country.

Wike na Man

15 Likes

Re: Rivers VAT Not For Abuja People, I Don’t Care If Heaven Falls, Wike Warns by pek(m): 12:56pm On Sep 08, 2021
You don't need to like Wike to support him on this. This is a very commendable action. Let each state generate and manage their VAT. Those who break bottles and destroy mannequins should generate and manage their own VAT.

21 Likes

Re: Rivers VAT Not For Abuja People, I Don’t Care If Heaven Falls, Wike Warns by Bodexinvest: 12:56pm On Sep 08, 2021
Well done, to Rivers and Lagos, this country must move forward and I believe this is the right direction to go.

13 Likes

Re: Rivers VAT Not For Abuja People, I Don’t Care If Heaven Falls, Wike Warns by Nobody: 12:57pm On Sep 08, 2021
No need to eat money and tax from alcohol companies if you dont want them in your state.

11 Likes

Re: Rivers VAT Not For Abuja People, I Don’t Care If Heaven Falls, Wike Warns by ParkleElegant: 12:58pm On Sep 08, 2021
I love these Wike thank God he has opened the eye Nigerians

How can the northerners use the money gotten from their natural resources for their self not minding other state.... But Re struggling to share the money gotten from natural resources in the south... Abeg southeners mumu done too much

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers VAT Not For Abuja People, I Don’t Care If Heaven Falls, Wike Warns by Victerica(m): 12:58pm On Sep 08, 2021
denko:
You can be destroying bottles of wine and expect vat money from it. i dont know the kind of god these folks profess.

Please, is it only from alcohol, that VAT, is collected from?
Re: Rivers VAT Not For Abuja People, I Don’t Care If Heaven Falls, Wike Warns by Bar1941(m): 12:58pm On Sep 08, 2021
The problem with Wike is that he will do gragra initially but will later succumb. I wish he can stand by his words this time around.

2 Likes

Re: Rivers VAT Not For Abuja People, I Don’t Care If Heaven Falls, Wike Warns by adecz: 12:58pm On Sep 08, 2021
cool cool

This will be a great lesson &
eye-opener to the lazy Muslim North,
who in the hypocritical name of a
religion, kill off major revenue generating
enterprises, because every month they
get free moneys generated from economic activities in other states.❌❌

✌️I love this.✌️✌️

Everybody to their mother's breasts &
the mother's breasts of the north is
Boko haram, Fulani bandits & religious
fanaticism.❌ �

7 Likes

Re: Rivers VAT Not For Abuja People, I Don’t Care If Heaven Falls, Wike Warns by LegalWolf: 12:59pm On Sep 08, 2021
These are political statements to whip up sentiments...
Re: Rivers VAT Not For Abuja People, I Don’t Care If Heaven Falls, Wike Warns by Mangekyo: 1:01pm On Sep 08, 2021
I love you wike. Pls keep it up.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers VAT Not For Abuja People, I Don’t Care If Heaven Falls, Wike Warns by mastermaestro(m): 1:02pm On Sep 08, 2021
richidinho:
grin

Wike is the father of True Federalism

Abeg check other things, they are more that you can challenge, Udom is still sleeping

Government subject scheme of work needs to be updated immediately.
Wike, father of true federalism. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Rivers VAT Not For Abuja People, I Don’t Care If Heaven Falls, Wike Warns by izubext007: 1:03pm On Sep 08, 2021
Woke is the only governor that I knw is not woman wrapper governor, he talks with wisedom .

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers VAT Not For Abuja People, I Don’t Care If Heaven Falls, Wike Warns by wetmenow: 1:03pm On Sep 08, 2021
Others should follow . We want to stop hearing excuses from our state governors especially the Southern States governors . Gradually restructuring is going to take place

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers VAT Not For Abuja People, I Don’t Care If Heaven Falls, Wike Warns by Victerica(m): 1:04pm On Sep 08, 2021
175:
grin

Way to go.

On a thread like this the rabbid vultures griller that claims to be patriotic will just see this and do eyes right. . .mad woman!

So, that griller is a woman....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Buhari’s First Day Back On Duty, A Loud Disappointment, Aso Rock Sources - SR / APC springs surprises, wins in Agbaje’s polling unit / Are Prophet Suleiman's Prophecies Coming To Pass?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.