Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,877 members, 7,828,117 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:28 AM

How Nigeria Can Become A Top Ten Global Economic Power Within 15 Yearsear - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Nigeria Can Become A Top Ten Global Economic Power Within 15 Yearsear (413 Views)

Why Southeast Has The Least Economic Power In Nigeria / China Closed Border For 40 Years To Emerge Economic Power - Hameed Ali / How Nigeria Can Win The World Cup By Atiku Abubakar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Nigeria Can Become A Top Ten Global Economic Power Within 15 Yearsear by MrPristine: 1:18pm On Sep 08, 2021
By Kunle Oshobi

Sometimes in April 2017, i had the privilege of meeting with Donald Duke. A man who i hold in very high esteem and consider to be the best performing governor in Nigeria’s recent history. I was there to lend my voice to the millions of young Nigerians then asking him to run for the office of the president based on his phenomenal performance as governor of Cross rivers state. He took to me very warmly and i was shocked at his level of simplicity as he discussed with me as if we were old friends.

Naturally our discussion was about Nigeria and the failure of the country to reach it’s potential despite the huge human and material resources that she had. I was able to perceive during the discussions a man who had a burning and passionate desire for the welfare of the Nigerian people and her economy. I was further elated when he eventually asked me to join his team of young friends that were working to realize the dream of a Donald Duke presidency in the run up to the 2019 elections.

In the cause of my working with the team, the issue of an economic plan which would form part of his manifesto came up. Given my background as an economist, i was quick in offering to write the plan for the campaign and this led to me have a series of meetings with Mr Duke in which he expressed his vision of growing the Nigerian economy by as much as 500% within fifteen years with the details of how to achieve this lofty goal. I was wowed by his deep level of understanding of the Nigerian economy and the innovative ideas he had to rapidly grow the country’s economy. The meetings also revealed to me why Donald Duke was such a huge success as governor. He was not only absolutely brilliant, he was PREPARED TO LEAD.

After months of hard work, the plan which promised to radically transform the Nigerian economy was ready. Unfortunately due to restrictions of a court order, Mr Duke was unable to launch his presidential campaign and the economic plan which was a part of his manifesto was not released. But in my mind, i felt that it will be a shame and disservice to the country if the lofty ideas in the plan where not made public as a means of contributing to the country’s economic growth. So with the consent of Mr Duke, i re-worked the economic plan into a book form and got it published. The title “Project Nigeria: Building the country of our dreams” was then chosen to capture the essence of the book.

“Project Nigeria: Building the country of our dreams”, is essentially a practical roadmap to transform the Nigerian economy into one of the biggest economies in the world within the next fifteen years. It may seem far fetched but it’s very achievable with good planning and the right leadership as was the case in Singapore that went from being a third world country to a first world country in one generation, China went from being a poor country to being the second richest country in the world in less than thirty years and Dubai was turned from a barren desert to one of the most popular tourists destinations in the world in less than twenty five years.

“Project Nigeria” (ISBN: 9789789828470) is a 303 page book with 23 chapters that covers every aspect of the Nigerian economy and how to transform each sector of it. It starts with making a case for national re-orientation for Nigerians to bring out the best in us and goes on to make the audacious proposal that Nigeria sells all it’s investments in the oil industry and re-invests the proceeds in education and human capacity development as a way to ensure the long term sustainable development of the country.

There is also a bonus chapter at the end of the book which presents a strategic plan with which state governments can increase their IGR by up to 100% by formalizing the transport sector and other informal sectors in various states across the country. This will empower the state governments to contribute more significantly to the economic transformation plan presented in this book and improve on their service delivery to their people.

“Project Nigeria” has also enjoyed a lot of local an international attention with representatives of the German government asking for copies of it to study.

If you are a Nigerian and you are interested in the economic growth and development of Nigeria or you are just curious to know how Nigeria can transform from being a poor third world country to become a global economic power within the next fifteen years or you just want to contribute your quota towards developing the country, then “Project Nigeria: Building the country of our dreams” is a must buy for you and we can have it delivered to your door step at your convenience.

PAYMENT METHOD
Payment is on delivery in all state capitals and major cities across the country. So you don’t need to pay until you receive the book and the preferred means of payment is cash to avoid unnecessary delays.

COST AND DELIVERY
The current cost of the book is N4,000 only for the paperback edition while the hardcover edition is N6,000. DELIVERY IS FREE to any major city across the country and our agents will call you on phone to confirm you are available before coming to deliver. Delivery is within 1-5 days of placing the order.

PRINT QUALITY
The print quality of the book is of the highest grade using cream bond paper, the cover is matte and the binding is perfect binding.

DISCOUNTS AVAILABLE
To encourage those who might want to buy multiple copies to present as gifts to others, we have decided to give a 15% discount for those who order more than one copy. Additional discounts are available for large volume buyers who will want to stock it for retail.

To order locally, kindly visit www.projectnigeria.com.ng and fill the required form to make your request.

1 Like

Re: How Nigeria Can Become A Top Ten Global Economic Power Within 15 Yearsear by WoundedLamb: 1:27pm On Sep 08, 2021
I know it's a marketing strategy but I kinda find it odd that the name of the person that forwarded the book is bolder than that of the author on the front page.

1 Like

Re: How Nigeria Can Become A Top Ten Global Economic Power Within 15 Yearsear by MrPristine: 1:32pm On Sep 08, 2021
WoundedLamb:
I know it's a marketing strategy but I kinda find it odd that the name of the person that forwarded the book is bolder than that of the author on the front page.

Attached below is the real cover of the book, the 3D cover used above is for promoting the book.

1 Like

Re: How Nigeria Can Become A Top Ten Global Economic Power Within 15 Yearsear by WoundedLamb: 1:33pm On Sep 08, 2021
MrPristine:

Attached below is the real cover of the book, the 3D cover used above is for promoting the book.
Oh... nice.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Ipob Dissociate Herself From Attack On Waec Students / The President Is Broadcasting LIVE / JUST IN: Gbajabiamila Appoints Dapo-lam As Political Adviser

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.