Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,010 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:55 AM

Muhammad Magaji Begs Southern States On VAT, Says Let’s Be Our Brothers' Keeper - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Muhammad Magaji Begs Southern States On VAT, Says Let’s Be Our Brothers' Keeper (48102 Views)

Masari On VAT: Northern States Responsible For Lagos, Rivers Development / Miyetti Allah Asks Fulani Herdsmen To Leave Southern States / Ganduje Sacks Mu’azu Magaji For Celebrating Abba Kyari's Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muhammad Magaji Begs Southern States On VAT, Says Let’s Be Our Brothers' Keeper by promisechild421: 3:38pm On Sep 08, 2021
This is pure act of Laziness and this cannot be condoned. Any lazy Governor or Government should be kicked out of office.
Instead of them to put up their thinking cap and concentrating to generate revenue they looking for sympathy.
They thought this will continue. LOCAL GOVERNMENT AUTONOMY is next and all the resources they use to perpetrate injustice in the state will be no more.
WAKE UP FROM YOUR SLEEP AND SLUMBER
IT IS NOT A DREAM THIS IS REALITY.

3 Likes

Re: Muhammad Magaji Begs Southern States On VAT, Says Let’s Be Our Brothers' Keeper by NOETHNICITY(m): 3:38pm On Sep 08, 2021
Time for the North to end her laziness and wake to it's responsibility
Too much of spoon-feeding is the reason you have bandits and terrorists littering the entire northern space, because there is the lingering perception among it's people that Nigeria is rich
Re: Muhammad Magaji Begs Southern States On VAT, Says Let’s Be Our Brothers' Keeper by RodgersAkpafu: 3:38pm On Sep 08, 2021
jimyjames:

We igbos have everything it takes to live on our own, let this country be restructured to regions and everyone to his own tents , we have enough natural resources to grow our economy , the biggest beneficials of one Nigeria is the yoruba's, yoruba's have nothing all the investment yoruba's are benefiting from belongs to outsiders

Yes and No.
The South East will compete well in a well structured economy. This centralisation of everything is what is holding the South East, and the entire South Back

However saying all investments "yoruba" is benefiting from is from outsiders is a fallacious statement.
SayingYorubas have nothing Is also fallacious
They pull their own weight in their own way too.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muhammad Magaji Begs Southern States On VAT, Says Let’s Be Our Brothers' Keeper by YorubarLord: 3:39pm On Sep 08, 2021
Why are you crying and reporting me though, no be true? grin
Angelfrost:

This is the sort of stupidity that makes the North continue misbehaving... Was this really necessary!

You are a disgrace!!!

Seun, Mynd44, Lalasticlala, Handle this fast! Rule 2 broken.
Re: Muhammad Magaji Begs Southern States On VAT, Says Let’s Be Our Brothers' Keeper by Commanderinpips: 3:39pm On Sep 08, 2021
osuofia2:
Fake news, in real sense, the South needs the North more than the North needs South.
We feed the South, in turn what do they contribute to Nigeria aside given us problems up and down.
Lord Lugard shouldn't have joined us with those bunch of noise makers called southerners.

And you think the north would exist without oil from the south. Well, it's good to console yourself but try to face reality sometimes.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muhammad Magaji Begs Southern States On VAT, Says Let’s Be Our Brothers' Keeper by Nobody: 3:39pm On Sep 08, 2021
Just VAT you are complaining.. .

How about if Rivers State wishes to control her oil wealth??

You will cry wike a River

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muhammad Magaji Begs Southern States On VAT, Says Let’s Be Our Brothers' Keeper by Angelfrost(m): 3:40pm On Sep 08, 2021
bayelsaowei:
grin...flee from terrorism, embrace true federalism and we can discuss...

The time of discussion is long past... These parasites have got to go!!!

Even that Quota system of a thing especially cut off mark irks me to the bone!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Muhammad Magaji Begs Southern States On VAT, Says Let’s Be Our Brothers' Keeper by CSTRR: 3:40pm On Sep 08, 2021
And what are they giving back in return, these shameless parasites.

When they were claiming that democracy is a game of Numbers to facilitate many injustices, why were they not thinking to be their brother's keepers. ?

They are mad.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muhammad Magaji Begs Southern States On VAT, Says Let’s Be Our Brothers' Keeper by adonisuwa(m): 3:40pm On Sep 08, 2021
Be our brothers' keeper indeed grin It's amazing, how this people in power think. How do you come on air to say such... where has Nigeria got it so wrong We ought to hear plans on how to increase IGR of the state without putting unnecessary burden on the citizens. But here you are begging, I guess it's in their nature anyways.
Peace

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muhammad Magaji Begs Southern States On VAT, Says Let’s Be Our Brothers' Keeper by Angelfrost(m): 3:41pm On Sep 08, 2021
YorubarLord:
Why are you crying and reporting me though, no be true? grin

I have done you a favor...

I expect the Mods to do the rest, except they actually enjoy seeing your type make rubbish of this forum!

Go learn how to properly use that thing you call a brain! Bye!!!
Re: Muhammad Magaji Begs Southern States On VAT, Says Let’s Be Our Brothers' Keeper by dangermouse(m): 3:42pm On Sep 08, 2021
YorubarLord:
Who told you I give a fvck about your Nigeria. Division is imminent
Then focus on it and while you are it, learn to love and respect other tribes especially the ibos. They have my respect more than any other tribe in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Muhammad Magaji Begs Southern States On VAT, Says Let’s Be Our Brothers' Keeper by kunleiky(m): 3:42pm On Sep 08, 2021
osuofia2:
Fake news, in real sense, the South needs the North more than the North needs South.
We feed the South, in turn what do they contribute to Nigeria aside given us problems up and down.
Lord Lugard shouldn't have joined us with those bunch of noise makers called southerners.

And you're supposed to be Osoufia if we go by your moniker... Pele OsoufiaHausa

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Muhammad Magaji Begs Southern States On VAT, Says Let’s Be Our Brothers' Keeper by bayelsaowei(m): 3:42pm On Sep 08, 2021
Angelfrost:

The time of discussion is long past... These parasites have got to go!!!

Even that Quota system of a thing especially cut off mark irks me to the bone!
quotasystem needs to be scrapped off too..let the society be highly competitive...let States become innovative and employ the best hands to deliver for them..

2 Likes

Re: Muhammad Magaji Begs Southern States On VAT, Says Let’s Be Our Brothers' Keeper by Lightorder: 3:43pm On Sep 08, 2021
Mad ooooooooooo !
Sister’s keeper oooooooo
where is Abel ? Cain , you see your life ?

2 Likes

Re: Muhammad Magaji Begs Southern States On VAT, Says Let’s Be Our Brothers' Keeper by UndauntedYOCA(f): 3:43pm On Sep 08, 2021
He must be afraid right now because he knows that most of the revenues are gotten from the Southern and Eastern parts of Nigeria, what will happen to the north when these places refuse to be brothers with them? They'll end up not being able to live well because they'll be unable to generate much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zERC18r_igU

2 Likes

Re: Muhammad Magaji Begs Southern States On VAT, Says Let’s Be Our Brothers' Keeper by Masterkernel1: 3:45pm On Sep 08, 2021
osuofia2:

Illiteracy is inherent in Northerners, you inclusive. 80% of the Economy depends on crude Oil, domiciled in the South. Agricultural products aren't given free, we can decide which country to buy from, okay?

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Muhammad Magaji Begs Southern States On VAT, Says Let’s Be Our Brothers' Keeper by Lightorder: 3:45pm On Sep 08, 2021
wetmenow:
In bini language Ogun kill you . Brother's keepers kill you
in Warri voice, keeper kee dem dia

2 Likes

Re: Muhammad Magaji Begs Southern States On VAT, Says Let’s Be Our Brothers' Keeper by OlujobaSamuel: 3:46pm On Sep 08, 2021
Were you your brother's keeper when you were destroying people's business that could have generated income for the state on the basis of religion?
The destruction of taxable goods and services by your brother's is affecting sales, thus reducing productivity, which in turn affects goods to be taxed.
The funniest part is that you use fake or uncontrolled population and empty land mass to get a bigger chunk of the generated tax more than states that contributed to its generation.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muhammad Magaji Begs Southern States On VAT, Says Let’s Be Our Brothers' Keeper by Omoobaigwe2sure(m): 3:47pm On Sep 08, 2021
iwaeda:

http://saharareporters.com/2021/09/08/let%E2%80%99s-be-our-brothers-per-%E2%80%93-gombe-government-begs-southern-states-reconsider-stance
wen zamfara state govt were selling its gold to CBN, did she considered other States as his brothers keeper.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muhammad Magaji Begs Southern States On VAT, Says Let’s Be Our Brothers' Keeper by Angelfrost(m): 3:47pm On Sep 08, 2021
bayelsaowei:
quotasystem needs to be scrapped off too..let the society be highly competitive...let States become innovative and employ the best hands to deliver for them..

Precisely... That constitution needs to be scraped fast!

These people have to be compelled to sit up and quit being leeches!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Muhammad Magaji Begs Southern States On VAT, Says Let’s Be Our Brothers' Keeper by Lightorder: 3:48pm On Sep 08, 2021
jditimiya:
I never knew that some state can beg other states when it comes to money sharing, they want other states to be brother's keeper and they are the one pushing the poles to the direction they want. Oga free that talk and generate your IGR for your state.
babiala begging in a higher realm

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muhammad Magaji Begs Southern States On VAT, Says Let’s Be Our Brothers' Keeper by Nobody: 3:49pm On Sep 08, 2021
Let your religious doctrines give you the tax, alcohol companies pay huge taxes, it's ignorance to ban alcohol cos you can.
Re: Muhammad Magaji Begs Southern States On VAT, Says Let’s Be Our Brothers' Keeper by INCREDIBLE007(m): 3:49pm On Sep 08, 2021
hogwash
it's time to be responsible

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Muhammad Magaji Begs Southern States On VAT, Says Let’s Be Our Brothers' Keeper by Frankbaro(m): 3:51pm On Sep 08, 2021
YorubarLord:
I don't give a fvck about you or your tribe. Pls relocate back to your landlocked region so yoruba can breath.

Go on and hang yourself or better still, hug a transformer. I'm not even sure, you or your wretched father have any single investment nor a block house in the entire Yoruba land.
Anu mpam
Re: Muhammad Magaji Begs Southern States On VAT, Says Let’s Be Our Brothers' Keeper by ibechris(m): 3:51pm On Sep 08, 2021
YorubarLord:
But it's the truth, na una dey make noise and talk crap about yoruba people the most yet your region is the most fvcked up in the south

We have contributed to the economy of every regions of this country especially Lagos and Kano without fear of even losing out. But let me ask u,what have u contributed to this country as an individual. I am igbo and I am very proud of my tribe same way others would claimed. But what have u added to boost the country's economy other than shouting Eko oni baje?

At 38,I have contributed soo much to Nigerian economy,I have infact,lifted families and businesses from its moribund states to its productive state by virtue of what I do, I have directly and indirectly paid enormous taxes to both Federal and state govts.
And that is why we are noise makers as u called us. We can't be paying ur Lagos and Kano states humongous taxes and u end up treating us like idiots. Without igbos,most states in Nigeria would have even collapse beyond redemption,yes because we are into service businesse in Nigeria and we pay more import and export taxes more than any tribe and region in this country. We have also provided more self employment jobs in Africa than any country in Africa. Go to Mozambique,Republic of Congo,Kenya,Cameroun,Zambia and Gabon,Ghana Liberia and Botswana u will see what our people are doing in motor and machine parts in those countries not to talk about hotel and super market businesses altogether.

So,I am saying what I know and not what I don't know.
And that is why we will keep shouting to fight for what belong to us in this country. During Christmas times in Lagos,can't u see the igbo effects in Lagos,that is to tell u that we are what we say.

3 Likes

Re: Muhammad Magaji Begs Southern States On VAT, Says Let’s Be Our Brothers' Keeper by adecz: 3:51pm On Sep 08, 2021
But Muslim northerners are not
their brothers keepers when they
destroy hundreds of millions of
legitimate businesses of Southerners
in the north.

The chickens are gradually beginning
to come home to roost.
Re: Muhammad Magaji Begs Southern States On VAT, Says Let’s Be Our Brothers' Keeper by BusinessDream: 3:51pm On Sep 08, 2021
YorubarLord:
Mehn na south west and south south get this country for real the day these two regions decide and get provoked to go to war with Nigeria its over. All others na just parasites including these noise making flatheadss. Even if you burn down the entire potopoto republic and bandits land Nigeria won't feel the effect. No wonder buhari send his goons to go appeal to Yoruba leaders, no matter what they do Nigeria will divide
The screenshot attached, when was this? Is it recent?

Not that they like Igbos... they know that if they allow Igbos, others will follow. It is an obvious fact but as things are now, that divide will come from another region. Nnamdi Kanu's job is done. He is just like John the baptist and has done his job in raising the consciousness of everyone and now everybody is doing it. The camp of Buhari is completely confuse more than you can imagine.

You need to chill though cos Igbo man has never carried themselves in hundreds to kill Yoruba... the verbal attack only ends online. They still date and furk each other offline... grin

4 Likes

Re: Muhammad Magaji Begs Southern States On VAT, Says Let’s Be Our Brothers' Keeper by Germi9: 3:52pm On Sep 08, 2021
Who cares!!! Chop the gold you refuse to share

2 Likes

Re: Muhammad Magaji Begs Southern States On VAT, Says Let’s Be Our Brothers' Keeper by idahme(m): 3:52pm On Sep 08, 2021
osuofia2:

Your logic is wrong, you don't feed the South, the South buys every food they get from the North. Is there any revenue generated from the North that is given to the Southern states for free? if your answer is yes then you can also assert that you feed the south even if the amount is 5Naira.

It's high time everyone answers his father's name, this is the reason the North has never agreed to a true federal system of governance where the federating unit source for their resources and maybe give a percentage to the center for its operation. To know that the North has a long way to go, look at the Federation account and quantify how much percentage contributed by the North and South. I won't be surprised seeing South 99% and North1%, time to go back to the drawing board by the North.

Time for dependence is coming to an end soon.

4 Likes

Re: Muhammad Magaji Begs Southern States On VAT, Says Let’s Be Our Brothers' Keeper by Jaybee8181(m): 3:53pm On Sep 08, 2021
This move by wike should be a major eye opener that the have been using South for centuries to fund their uncontrollable libido and quest for power.
It's time other southern states join and push for a change..... THIS IS JUST VAT O... NOT THE ENTIRE RESOURCES....

2 Likes

Re: Muhammad Magaji Begs Southern States On VAT, Says Let’s Be Our Brothers' Keeper by Christistruth00: 3:53pm On Sep 08, 2021
Grgton:
Just VAT you are complaining.. .

How about if Rivers State wishes to control her oil wealth??

You will cry wike a River

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Muhammad Magaji Begs Southern States On VAT, Says Let’s Be Our Brothers' Keeper by MyExpression(m): 3:53pm On Sep 08, 2021
RodgersAkpafu:

Yes and No.
The South East will compete well in a well structured economy. This centralisation of everything is what is holding the South East, and the entire South Back

However saying all investments "yoruba" is benefiting from is from outsiders is a fallacious statement.
SayingYorubas have nothing Is also fallacious
They pull their own weight in their own way too.

You are a person of wisdom.

I love the way you calmly disagreed.
I am igbo...and I support your stance intoto

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

APC Leaders Take Pictures With Peter Obi At Senator Barau Son's Wedding / Jubril Of Sudan: Nnamdi Kanu Suspends Live Broadcast, Reveals Next Action / Adedayo Omolafe Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.