Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,797 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:11 AM

Parasitic North Has Collapsed & South Is Now Going For The Jugular - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Parasitic North Has Collapsed & South Is Now Going For The Jugular (1897 Views)

Tinubu’s Move To End Wike, Fubara Rift Has Collapsed – APC / Decline Of Northern Nigeria & Why Tinubu Is Going For The Jugular / Nation Grid Has Collapsed Again (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Parasitic North Has Collapsed & South Is Now Going For The Jugular by proeast(m): 5:28pm On Sep 08, 2021
The party is now over, the hegemonic Northern control of Nigeria that began even before independence is about to be totally demystified. Right from the time of Ahmadu Bello, the North had always called the shots and the end of the civil war and successive military rule took to brazen heights. However, everything is about to nosedive for them as the South has finally realized they're being leached to death.

Several factors contributed to the showdown we are about to experience in Nigeria and I will name them accordingly.

1. Insecurity/Instability in the North; the near state of anarchy being experienced in the North has sank the region. Boko Haram, bandits and fulani herdsmen are now having a field day, as killings and destructions becomes a daily affair. This situation was the first to deal a deadly blow on the famed "One North". Many Northerners, particularly the Christians and minorities became antagonistic and wary of their Muslims on one hand and the Hausa/Fulani/Kanuri on the other. Notable people like TY Danjuma, Obadaih Mailafia, Gov Ortom etc. not only distanced themselves from the North but even encouraged their people to fight against the establishment.

2. Economic Decline; unlike in the past when Kano and Kaduna were industrial cities and the military busy funnelling resources up North, the region has so retrogressed that Kano and Kaduna are no longer industrial centers. This has led to a reverse migration as more Northerners tend to be moving South to escape poverty and insecurity.

3. Nnamdi Kanu/IPOB Awareness; believe it or not, Nnamdi Kanu really opened the eyes of many Southerners and it was his passionate uprising against North and unrelentless churning out of facts and figures about how North was destroying Nigeria that later emboldened Sunday Igboho to rise up too. Together, they threatened the establishment and Southerners particularly Igbos and Yorubas began to habour the possibility of Nigeria breaking up.

4. Poverty, Illiteracy, Over Population & Religious Fanatism; these four combo combined to make an already bad situation worse. The North couldn't help itself as everything about it became a sorry mess but instead of having a sober reflection, they continued to intimidate South.

Now these these 3 developments I'm going to list below are what will completely rout the North and make them grovel and gnash their teeth if they are not careful.....

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Parasitic North Has Collapsed & South Is Now Going For The Jugular by proeast(m): 5:28pm On Sep 08, 2021
1. RUGA; [/b]South has been vehemently opposing this attempt to resettle Fulani herdsmen on Southern lands but North keeps insisting. Feelers on ground shows that South will never accept it and should North go ahead to use federal government to force it, it would most likely lead to an upheaval against North.

[b]2. VAT;
While Wike may have stirred the hornets next in his move to stop federal government from taking VAT from Rivers State, other states like Lagos and more have started making their own moves too. Out of desperation to maintain the status quo, following the outcry of some Northern governors, FIRS hurriedly rushed to the national assembly so they would armtwist the Southern governors. This move have shown very glaringly that North is indeed leeching South to death and coupled with general economic hardship and decline in crude earnings, Southern states are also desperate to increase their earnings. Worse still, the sort of rhetorics being thrown about also shows that Southern governors, particularly Wike won't accept anything on the contrary.

[b]3. 2023; [/b]the North knows that Buhari has not only performed badly but also did terrible things that put South at the receiving end. They're afraid that should a Southerner succeed him, he is likely to reverse all those gains Buhari made for them. To avoid risking all that, they want another Northerner to replace Buhari. This is another potentially explosive situation that would not only destabilize Nigeria but could ultimately lead to its end.

The North no longer has any leverage or even the capacity to hold South to ransom like was the case in the past and that's the reality they are about to wake up to.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Parasitic North Has Collapsed & South Is Now Going For The Jugular by Pierocash(m): 5:43pm On Sep 08, 2021
Watch how they will want to bribe south with Presidential ticket to truncate this resource control.

I am feeding you,yet you are eating more than me,still intimidating me.

Northerners are wicked set of creatures.

Nyesom Wike ,may God guide and protect you for spearheading this revolution.

Apostle Johnson Suleiman said it in one of his prophecies,that God told him that power will shift to the South in a non violent way. I think this is that prophecy

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Parasitic North Has Collapsed & South Is Now Going For The Jugular by Freestainworld(m): 5:47pm On Sep 08, 2021
True federalism remains the ultimate tool if one Nigeria is to continue existing, every man for himself,and let's watch how we can develop individually without parasiting on other regions for survival.

1 Like

Re: Parasitic North Has Collapsed & South Is Now Going For The Jugular by CandyOps(m): 6:11pm On Sep 08, 2021
They teach them that oil is produced up North then it flows and settles down south. So they are right to lay claims to it. It's a terrible situation to be in

6 Likes

Re: Parasitic North Has Collapsed & South Is Now Going For The Jugular by joinnow: 6:12pm On Sep 08, 2021
Admissionpass:
The way things are going i think we are gradually heading towards disintegration of Nigeria too, at the moment no country in the world is as divided as Nigeria not even Afghanistan.
Nigeria breaking is coming soon

1 Like

Re: Parasitic North Has Collapsed & South Is Now Going For The Jugular by APCHaram: 6:13pm On Sep 08, 2021
Hold your horses OP, Igbo Judases in the National Assembly are currently negotiating cash out to betray the south.
Re: Parasitic North Has Collapsed & South Is Now Going For The Jugular by TarOrfeeek: 6:26pm On Sep 08, 2021
APCHaram:
Hold your horses OP, Igbo Judases in the National Assembly are currently negotiating cash out to betray the south.

This is not even possible.

Because SW has the highest number of APC legislators in both arms.

How then is SE with its meagre 3 Senators going to the Judas.

That's a title the SW has relished for years.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Parasitic North Has Collapsed & South Is Now Going For The Jugular by APCHaram: 6:32pm On Sep 08, 2021
TarOrfeeek:

This is not even possible.

Because SW has the highest number of APC legislators in both arms.

How then is SE with its meagre 3 Senators going to the Judas.

That's a title the SW has relished for years.

My friend, Igbo politics is one geared towards money.

They are currently being booked in Transcorp Hilton as I speak and the north is willing to offer them each (Senator and Rep) any amount they wish including oil lifting rights.

My bet is these Judases will live up to their name.

6 Likes

Re: Parasitic North Has Collapsed & South Is Now Going For The Jugular by theTranscriber: 6:57pm On Sep 08, 2021
proeast this is the most reasonable post I've seen from you

keep it up

1 Like

Re: Parasitic North Has Collapsed & South Is Now Going For The Jugular by vedaxcool(m): 7:20pm On Sep 08, 2021
grin grin grin grin foolish peanut slaves that have been brainwashed by their theiveing leaders to believe that the North not their maladministration is the cause of underdevelopment in the South. outside Lagos which generates 55% of VAT in Nigeria, then to a far less degree you begin to talk of rivers, can you tell me how the VAT action of this Rivers won't affect other southern states? Or is hating the north the only sense you bigots are birthed with?

In sharing of VAT, states take a lion share, this VAT decision will affect every other states where VAT collection is low most of which includes the Southern states including the poorly performing Eastern states. But bigots preoccupation is the North rather than how their people will survive in a changing landscape.

2 Likes

Re: Parasitic North Has Collapsed & South Is Now Going For The Jugular by talk2hb1(m): 7:36pm On Sep 08, 2021
Who knows wer might be awakening the sleeping beast

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Parasitic North Has Collapsed & South Is Now Going For The Jugular by bluefilm: 8:12pm On Sep 08, 2021
proeast:
1. RUGA; [/b]South has been vehemently opposing this attempt to resettle Fulani herdsmen on Southern lands but North keeps insisting. Feelers on ground shows that South will never accept it and should North go ahead to use federal government to force it, it would most likely lead to an upheaval against North.

[b]2. VAT;
While Wike may have stirred the hornets next in his move to stop federal government from taking VAT from Rivers State, other states like Lagos and more have started making their own moves too. Out of desperation to maintain the status quo, following the outcry of some Northern governors, FIRS hurriedly rushed to the national assembly so they would armtwist the Southern governors. This move have shown very glaringly that North is indeed leeching South to death and coupled with general economic hardship and decline in crude earnings, Southern states are also desperate to increase their earnings. Worse still, the sort of rhetorics being thrown about also shows that Southern governors, particularly Wike won't accept anything on the contrary.

[b]3. 2023; [/b]the North knows that Buhari has not only performed badly but also did terrible things that put South at the receiving end. They're afraid that should a Southerner succeed him, he is likely to reverse all those gains Buhari made for them. To avoid risking all that, they want another Northerner to replace Buhari. This is another potentially explosive situation that would not only destabilize Nigeria but could ultimately lead to its end.

The North no longer has any leverage or even the capacity to hold South to ransom like was the case in the past and that's the reality they are about to wake up to.

very good analysis

1 Like

Re: Parasitic North Has Collapsed & South Is Now Going For The Jugular by MrSamsung(m): 8:37pm On Sep 08, 2021
I will take the South serious when all their state assemblies passed this VAT, open-grazing ban and resource control laws and signed into law by the PRESENT governors(e get why).

2 Likes

Re: Parasitic North Has Collapsed & South Is Now Going For The Jugular by ibtommy(m): 8:43pm On Sep 08, 2021
Pierocash:
Watch how they will want to bribe south with Presidential ticket to truncate this resource control.

I am feeding you,yet you are eating more than me,still intimidating me.

Northerners are wicked set of creatures.

Nyesom Wike ,may God guide and protect you for spearheading this revolution.

Apostle Johnson Suleiman said it in one of his prophecies,that God told him that power will shift to the South in a non violent way. I think this is that prophecy

Apostle ko, 'apostlic' nih. Shiorrh!!!
Re: Parasitic North Has Collapsed & South Is Now Going For The Jugular by pandax: 9:28pm On Sep 08, 2021
APCHaram:

They are currently being booked in Transcorp Hilton as I speak and the north is willing to offer them each (Senator and Rep) any amount they wish including oil lifting rights.

To play ball, Onitsha Port approved, Abia seaport agreed, Anambra Airport made international, Railway lines from PH-Aba-Owerri-Orlu- Nnewi-Onitsha-Awka-Ninth Mile-Nsukka-Markudi-Abuja agreed, 17 oil wells from Rivers to Imo, naval base in Imo, airforce base in Imo, Dualization of Enugu-Markudi Road, Aba-Ikot Ekpene Road, creation of ENOA state and Anioma State and finally 2023 ultimate price.

VAT for states don die ooo. Buhari will be in Imo tomorrow

The Igbos will give feedback on Saturday. The North are the masters in this game

1 Like

Re: Parasitic North Has Collapsed & South Is Now Going For The Jugular by TheKingIsHere: 9:33pm On Sep 08, 2021
MrSamsung:
I will take the South serious when all their state assemblies passed this VAT, open-grazing ban and resource control laws and signed into law by the PRESENT governors(e get why).

Exactly
Re: Parasitic North Has Collapsed & South Is Now Going For The Jugular by DD29: 9:35pm On Sep 08, 2021
The North Feed You
Re: Parasitic North Has Collapsed & South Is Now Going For The Jugular by Nobody: 9:38pm On Sep 08, 2021
pandax:

To play ball, Onitsha Port approved, Abia seaport agreed, Anambra Airport made international, Railway lines from PH-Aba-Owerri-Orlu- Nnewi-Onitsha-Awka-Ninth Mile-Nsukka-Markudi-Abuja agreed, 17 oil wells from Rivers to Imo, naval base in Imo, airforce base in Imo, Dualization of Enugu-Markudi Road, Aba-Ikot Ekpene Road, creation of ENOA state and Anioma State and finally 2023 ultimate price.

VAT for states don die ooo. Buhari will be in Imo tomorrow

The Igbos will give feedback on Saturday. The North are the masters in this game

They can always get all those from a southern president. No need to sell themselves short.
Re: Parasitic North Has Collapsed & South Is Now Going For The Jugular by stabilizer: 9:40pm On Sep 08, 2021
God bless Nigeria. Whatever happen in this century. Year 2050 would be worse because if there is no war or remarkable restructuring before then, rent would be around 1.2m for an average shelter while majority of the places would dominated by the rich and the riches would be much than what we have today in wealth rate. The poor by then would not be a poor as we have them today. So many atrocities would be the order of the day when killing would always be for financial reasons because it would by then, takes a lot of mind and dirtiness to be rich. So many people would have died by then and we would have another set of people with different idea. They may have or will totally forget a name like Fela while celebrating Naira Marley or any other person just display beyond his madness before then. They would be able to say most, much more about which is Buhari administration and it will sound like how Sanni Abacha regime sound today in terms of cruelty and wickedness with national fear. But Buharis administration brought something new in terms of everything. People are pushed to the wall. 35% of Nigerians today wake up sometimes and wish the world should just come to an End. Hnmm, smiles. May God help us sha...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Parasitic North Has Collapsed & South Is Now Going For The Jugular by pandax: 9:49pm On Sep 08, 2021
kmcutez:

They can always get all those from a southern president. No need to sell themselves short.

They are gunning for 2023 now, it is their turn so they said and the North is listening

1 Like

Re: Parasitic North Has Collapsed & South Is Now Going For The Jugular by Brimstone77: 10:37pm On Sep 08, 2021
APCHaram:

thou I'm igbo but truly we have got the worst leaders....

It's a pity!!....just take a look at our governor's and Senate's they are nothing to talk about..

1 Like

Re: Parasitic North Has Collapsed & South Is Now Going For The Jugular by tamdun: 7:56am On Sep 09, 2021
Hnmmm, op is on point

(1) (Reply)

Would You Rather Vote Another Fulani? / For My Niger Delta People Especially My Edo, Isoko And Urhobo Brothers / Imo By-election: APC In Early Lead As Results Trickle In. The All Progressives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.