Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,338 members, 7,819,189 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:26 PM

Toyota Camry 08 Transmission Issue - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Toyota Camry 08 Transmission Issue (1327 Views)

Hyundai Santa Fe That Shift Harsh Transmission Issue / Transmission Issue In My Honda Civic 03 / Sienna Transmission Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Toyota Camry 08 Transmission Issue by ashiwajew: 10:35pm On Sep 08, 2021
I recently changed the inner shaft of my Camry 08 and few days after when I drove for long hours, I noticed it gear started malfunctioning, like a loud sound when I shift gear from Park to Reverse and a sudden slowness as if I am matching the break and a sudden movement of the car. It can even move for a while maintaining same gear level. Please help me. How can I get solution. I took it to a gear rewire who scanned and said he could fix it. I got there today to pick the car but the issue started immediately I switched on the AC
Re: Toyota Camry 08 Transmission Issue by gmacnoms(m): 11:42pm On Sep 08, 2021
ashiwajew:
I recently changed the inner shaft of my Camry 08 and few days after when I drove for long hours, I noticed it gear started malfunctioning, like a loud sound when I shift gear from Park to Reverse and a sudden slowness as if I am matching the break and a sudden movement of the car. It can even move for a while maintaining same gear level. Please help me. How can I get solution. I took it to a gear rewire who scanned and said he could fix it. I got there today to pick the car but the issue started immediately I switched on the AC
gazzuzz
Re: Toyota Camry 08 Transmission Issue by israel2563(m): 12:04am On Sep 09, 2021
Them no let your car cool wella before dem tamper with your gear

1 Like

Re: Toyota Camry 08 Transmission Issue by Dozieson(m): 6:55am On Sep 09, 2021
ashiwajew:

My guy they don't touch that inner shaft in gear anyhow. That thing can only be done after cooling over night in a very neat environment by a professional mechanic with transmission oil changed as well. Just go and buy a new transmission. But before then, scan the car and share codes here
Re: Toyota Camry 08 Transmission Issue by ashiwajew: 6:18pm On Sep 09, 2021
Dozieson:

My guy they don't touch that inner shaft in gear anyhow. That thing can only be done after cooling over night in a very neat environment by a professional mechanic with transmission oil changed as well. Just go and buy a new transmission. But before then, scan the car and share codes here

Sending more pictures

Re: Toyota Camry 08 Transmission Issue by ashiwajew: 6:20pm On Sep 09, 2021
Dozieson:

More pictures

Re: Toyota Camry 08 Transmission Issue by ashiwajew: 6:20pm On Sep 09, 2021
Dozieson:

Final picture

Re: Toyota Camry 08 Transmission Issue by Dozieson(m): 9:11pm On Sep 09, 2021
B0128 is not related to gear. It has to do with direct connection of the radiator fan so as to avoid overheating. The others are related to transmission of the car. The truth is that you have to replace the gear box. Because of the sensitive nature of 13 pin hear box , the seller would have to install it with their mechanic and recommended oil. They will give you warranty for this
Re: Toyota Camry 08 Transmission Issue by diportivo: 10:28pm On Sep 09, 2021
israel2563:

Dozieson:

I will fix your inner cup just as u arrive lagos from a trip to potiskum in yobe state and nothing will happen to your gear

just saying wink
Re: Toyota Camry 08 Transmission Issue by Dozieson(m): 10:35pm On Sep 09, 2021
diportivo:

I will fix your inner cup just as u arrive lagos from a trip to potiskum in yobe state and nothing will happen to your gear

just saying wink

cool
Re: Toyota Camry 08 Transmission Issue by swaggerkid(m): 10:49pm On Sep 09, 2021
israel2563:
Cool or no cool. That transmission can malfunction, I don't trust Toyota transmissions anymore.

My 2016 Camry Xse 4cyl , with u760E 6 speed transmission, Sat for 3 days before the shaft was replaced. Everything was supervised by me and all parts were clean and free of dirt's. Transmission started malfunctioning and won't go into reverse, Sometimes it would work perfectly for the whole day and the next day it starts shifting violently and reverse won't work. After changing Atf twice and and continuous testing, the car automatically sorted it self, I guess I was lucky .
Toyota transmissions are not what they used to be.
Re: Toyota Camry 08 Transmission Issue by Kashif(m): 7:04pm On Sep 10, 2021
swaggerkid:

Cool or no cool. That transmission can malfunction, I don't trust Toyota transmissions anymore.

My 2016 Camry Xse 4cyl , with u760E 6 speed transmission, Sat for 3 days before the shaft was replaced. Everything was supervised by me and all parts were clean and free of dirt's. Transmission started malfunctioning and won't go into reverse, Sometimes it would work perfectly for the whole day and the next day it starts shifting violently and reverse won't work. After changing Atf twice and and continuous testing, the car automatically sorted it self, I guess I was lucky .
Toyota transmissions are not what they used to be.

I'll keep singing this - it's not heat that causes the problem. Who can even work on a hot transmission?

It's dirt. Yours auto-corrected because the dirt was very minimal. The ATF managed to dislodge it to the base of your sump, and your ATF change took them outta the system.

When I was doing transmission, I would wash those shifts members with petrol before mating with the transmission. Those Aisin trannies are super intolerant to dirt.

Congratulations.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Any Good Auto Electrician In Ph / 2003 Toyota Corolla Sport Vs 2005 Toyota Matrix / E200 Mercedes Benz 2000 Model(not V.boot) Vs Ford Windster 2003model?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.