Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,094 members, 7,811,068 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:11 PM

Help:how Do I Over Come Gambling - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Help:how Do I Over Come Gambling (740 Views)

Please Help!,how Can i Stop Gambling? / Help: How Can I Quit Gambling? / How I Over Came Virtual Addiction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help:how Do I Over Come Gambling by Nobody: 4:37am On Sep 09, 2021
Goodday nairalanders
Please never mind my typo error
I have a strong addiction for gambling I have tried to control it but it seems the devil keeps winning this war
At the present moment depression has taken over me am lost in thoughts I have a back log of debts unpaid with no single hope of paying them back
Gambling has eaten all my finance
Please anyone who can be of assistance to me on how to quit this addiction is highly welcomed
Re: Help:how Do I Over Come Gambling by Nobody: 4:38am On Sep 09, 2021
Re: Help:how Do I Over Come Gambling by Hezzyluv: 5:38am On Sep 09, 2021
It's simple, just tell yourself man, this stuff is gradually sniffing life out of me, you have to stop it. Mean it with the whole of your heart you'll stop it.

No spiritual force anywhere forcing you to play gambling. "na you dey force yourself"

The only person that can stop you from gambling is you.

#Discipline
Re: Help:how Do I Over Come Gambling by Seniorwriter(m): 6:23am On Sep 09, 2021
EmahnueelGold99:
Goodday nairalanders
I have a strong addiction for gambling I have tried to control it but it seems the devil keeps winning this war
At the present moment depression has taken over me am lost in thoughts I have a back log of debts unpaid with no single hope of paying them back
Please anyone who can be of assistance to me on how to quit this addiction is highly welcomed
First of all the actions you'll take is to get a MONEY MANAGEMENT TRAINING & LIFE COACH!
I tell people that if you do not have self discipline do not indulge in money trades like Sports games & FOREX trades.
So you must first discover your kind of person before you embark....as for your case OP ill suggest you stop anything sports bet for now and if you are those kid of people that are already addicted then make sure to go for fantasy predictions sites that don't require funds ......

All the best.
EmahnueelGold99:

I will keep trying my best
Your best won't be good enough without a money management and life counselor...know this and know peace.
EmahnueelGold99:

Thanks for your input sir
Do the needful then your thank you complement will be much more appropriate and appreciably accepted.

@SENIORWRITER
Re: Help:how Do I Over Come Gambling by Nobody: 9:04am On Sep 09, 2021
Hezzyluv:
It's simple, just tell yourself man, this stuff is gradually sniffing life out of me, you have to stop it. Mean it with the whole of your heart you'll stop it.

No spiritual force anywhere forcing you to play gambling. "na you dey force yourself"

The only person that can stop you from gambling is you.

#Discipline
I have tried multiple times still not working
Re: Help:how Do I Over Come Gambling by Nobody: 9:05am On Sep 09, 2021
Seniorwriter:

First of all the actions you'll take is to get a MONEY MANAGEMENT TRAINING & LIFE COACH!
I tell people that if you do not have self discipline do not indulge in money trades like Sports games & FOREX trades.
So you must first discover your kind of person before you embark....as for your case OP ill suggest you stop anything sports bet for now and if you are those kid of people that are already addicted then make sure to go for fantasy predictions sites that don't require funds ......

All the best.

@SENIORWRITER
I will keep trying my best
Re: Help:how Do I Over Come Gambling by Thompz43(m): 9:09am On Sep 09, 2021
Keep yourself busy all the time and you will see how things gonna change for good.

Remember the saying, an hidden man is a devil work shop remember..
Re: Help:how Do I Over Come Gambling by coputa(m): 9:35am On Sep 09, 2021
EmahnueelGold99:
Goodday nairalanders
many people are in your shoes,they just throw their money into gambling of any kind without doing research.
Because others are doing and making it,you think it will be so for you too .
Never do what you do not understand,
You have to quit now that the ovation is loudest.
Change your mindset
Re: Help:how Do I Over Come Gambling by Hezzyluv: 9:57am On Sep 09, 2021
EmahnueelGold99:

I have tried multiple times still not working

I used to play bet before, one day after collecting my salary, I went straight to bet shop, guess what? I lose almost 70% to bet9ja. Since that day, I told myself it's enough and that was it. I can only play once or twice in a month. I don't play expecting to win anything. If I win fine and if I don't, I care less. Because, I can't stake money more den what I can afford to lose.

Just mean it from your heart, u can stop betting. I reiterate, ''you don't need any deliverance, is only you that can deliver yourself." Perhaps prayers, but it may not still work if you're not willing to quit betting.

#Discipline

1 Like

Re: Help:how Do I Over Come Gambling by Nobody: 11:34am On Sep 09, 2021
Hezzyluv:

I used to play bet before, one day after collecting my salary, I went straight to bet shop, guess what? I lose almost 70% to bet9ja. Since that day, I told myself it's enough and that was it. I can only play once or twice in a month. I don't play expecting to win anything. If I win fine and if I don't, I care less. Because, I can't stake money more den what I can afford to lose.

Just mean it from your heart, u can stop betting. I reiterate, ''you don't need any deliverance, is only you that can deliver yourself." Perhaps prayers, but it may not still work if you're not willing to quit betting.

#Discipline
I made up my mind a particular time to stop anything gambling
But that only works when u don't have money when u have money you I don't know where the urge of gambling comes from
Re: Help:how Do I Over Come Gambling by Nobody: 11:35am On Sep 09, 2021
coputa:
many people are in your shoes,they just throw their money into gambling of any kind without doing research.
Because others are doing and making it,you think it will be so for you too .
Never do what you do not understand,
You have to quit now that the ovation is loudest.
Change your mindset
The ovation is not even loudest I have hit rock bottom at the moment
Re: Help:how Do I Over Come Gambling by Nobody: 11:36am On Sep 09, 2021
Seniorwriter:

All the best.

Your best won't be good enough without a money management and life counselor...know this and know peace.

@SENIORWRITER
Thanks for your input sir
Re: Help:how Do I Over Come Gambling by Nobody: 11:38am On Sep 09, 2021
Thompz43:
Keep yourself busy all the time and you will see how things gonna change for good.

Remember the saying, an hidden man is a devil work shop remember..
Sir the issue is not how busy I am
It's how I waste money at any given gambling opportunity
Re: Help:how Do I Over Come Gambling by Nobody: 4:06pm On Sep 09, 2021
Re: Help:how Do I Over Come Gambling by Nobody: 10:20am On Sep 10, 2021
Re: Help:how Do I Over Come Gambling by Ibk2020: 11:25am On Feb 24, 2022

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Tottenham Vs Arsenal: North London Derby Combined XI / Serie A / Week 18 Pool Fixture For Sat Nov 6 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.