Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,512 members, 7,819,853 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:24 AM

Life At 27 - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Life At 27 (1571 Views)

Can You Lie To Save Ur Life At Gunpoint? / U.S. Embassy In Nigeria Recruitment For Gardener And Janitor (27 Positions) / ipNX 2018 Massive Recruitment (27 Positions) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Life At 27 by Nobody: 12:12pm On Sep 09, 2021
I’ll be 27 next week and I feel like I’ve failed already cry

I don’t even know where to start
Since 2011 I graduated from secondary school, I’ve not had any real progress or direction.

I feel like I’ve been floating
No real hand work
No money

I know how hard I worked to save up money to process my admission into a Maritime school 2015, yet I dropped out just in my first semester; No money and I nearly died of hunger. I cried the day I left the school knowing that I wouldn’t be returning.

Tried to learn computer hardware maintenance, didn’t work because my boss was always on the run due to his past misdemeanors.

I have done virtually all sorts of jobs in Lagos; cleaner, security, conductor, park cars at events, served at restaurants, sales rep, I’ve even done some movie auditions etc.
I’m computer literate ( self taught) though not excellent.

I want a direction.
I want to dedicate my time to a purpose and career.

I don’t want to work for a “salary” anymore
I want to learn and build a career on something!

I want to wake up on a project and sleep on a project.
I want to feel that satisfaction one feels after accomplishing a job or project for a client.

I’m open to everything. Skill, business, service, just anything.

I’m from Abia State
Male
Honest
Hardworking
I have all the time in the world
I’m open to learning and working as much as 7 years without pay. So long as there’s compensation at the end and a clear career direction.

I live on Lagos mainland, but I’m very familiar with the island as I lived on the island for 9 years.

Please reach out to me via the email on my signature.
Thanks in advance.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Life At 27 by chatinent: 12:25pm On Sep 09, 2021
Life ain't fair, bro.

Can you write well?
Re: Life At 27 by Lucasmuyiwa: 1:08pm On Sep 09, 2021
chatinent:
Life ain't fair, bro.

Can you write well?
I can write well bro
Re: Life At 27 by VTJN(m): 5:03pm On Sep 09, 2021
Op don't give up. You'll get there sooner than later

@Chatinent, I'm also a good writer. Please consider me to have something doing. Thanks
Re: Life At 27 by Millz404(m): 5:51pm On Sep 09, 2021
Maybe you should save up and get a computer and try learning how to code. It is not going to be be easy but it is something you can derive passion from and once you are good at it, the money follows.

Note: It s not a get rich quick scheme and definitely not a field for unserious people.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Life At 27 by tensazangetsu20(m): 6:01pm On Sep 09, 2021
The maritime school is a dead end bro. I graduated from one no job. I went to do mechanic work. My graduating class only around 10 percent are working as marine engineers and its like 5 years after graduation.

Follow the guy who said you should learn to code. Thats the only thing I can advise any young Nigerian to do.

5 Likes

Re: Life At 27 by Ernerstdavid55(m): 6:08pm On Sep 09, 2021
Why no try agric must it be tech dis tech dat..if u can make a 1year plan come to epe pharm for 1 year harvest and sale it. I can help with land but u will do all the hard work.

I see honesty in u sha

1 Like

Re: Life At 27 by chatinent: 6:20pm On Sep 09, 2021
VTJN:
Op don't give up. You'll get there sooner than later

@Chatinent, I'm also a good writer. Please consider me to have something doing. Thanks

Send a mail.

1 Like

Re: Life At 27 by Gerrard59(m): 6:48pm On Sep 09, 2021
Gadahfi:

Since 2011 I graduated from secondary school, I’ve not had any real progress or direction.

No real hand work
No money

I know how hard I worked to save up money to process my admission into a Maritime school 2015, yet I dropped out just in my first semester; No money and I nearly died of hunger. I cried the day I left the school knowing that I wouldn’t be returning.

Tried to learn computer hardware maintenance, didn’t work because my boss was always on the run due to his past misdemeanors.

I have done virtually all sorts of jobs in Lagos; cleaner, security, conductor, park cars at events, served at restaurants, sales rep, I’ve even done some movie auditions etc.

I

Thanks in advance.

Your email is on your profile page not your signature. Clean that BBC and Aljazerra stuff then paste your email there.

Learn how to code, thank goodness you know a thing or two about computers. Thus, you earn in dollars. Don't do anything agriculture, Fulani Islamic terrorists disguising as herdsmen will frustrate you.

Learn. How. To. Code.

4 Likes

Re: Life At 27 by Nobody: 8:36pm On Sep 09, 2021
I’m grateful to all of you. Thank you
Re: Life At 27 by The5DME(m): 9:02pm On Sep 09, 2021
I really don't know what to tell you bro. No vex.
Re: Life At 27 by Hypnotise: 9:49pm On Sep 09, 2021
When all fails keep hope alive
Re: Life At 27 by teabully(m): 10:45pm On Sep 09, 2021
Ernerstdavid55:
Why no try agric must it be tech dis tech dat..if u can make a 1year plan come to epe pharm for 1 year harvest and sale it. I can help with land but u will do all the hard work.

I see honesty in u sha
how does this work pls
Re: Life At 27 by Nobody: 12:30am On Sep 10, 2021
I'll be 27 two weeks from now... Happy Birthday in advance bro...
Re: Life At 27 by LikeAking: 12:49am On Sep 10, 2021
chatinent:
Life ain't fair, bro.

Can you write well?

If you have any good stuffs drop am for everyone.
Re: Life At 27 by immortalityk: 6:23am On Sep 10, 2021
Gadahfi:

No real hand work
No money

I want a direction.
I want to dedicate my time to a purpose and career.

I don’t want to work for a “salary” anymore
I want to learn and build a career on something!

I want to wake up on a project and sleep on a project.
I want to feel that satisfaction one feels after accomplishing a job or project for a client.

I’m open to everything. Skill, business, service, just anything.

I’m from Abia State
Male
Honest
Hardworking
I have all the time in the world
I’m open to learning and working as much as 7 years without pay. So long as there’s compensation at the end and a clear career direction.

I live on Lagos mainland, but I’m very familiar with the island as I lived on the island for 9 years.

Thanks in advance.
Bros your own is even better
I'm 24 years old and I don't even have any skill like that,ran away from home in Ibadan because of too much problems
I came to Lagos upper last year and started doing some jobs,
But last year I got into a factory where I was seeing small money to manage myself
I wanted to save at least 250k before the end of the year of this year but that's where problems started
Early this year my leg got into a machine at this factory,my leg was broken and couldn't work
I stayed at mum place until I could heal,this was for like two months
During march,my leg was a little bit ok so I went back to this factory to work again
I was saving money and bought an android phone
That's how at my working place my phone and over 30k was stolen around April
I was sad but didn't lose hope and continue to work only that one day I had a dream that I saw someone giving me a small black nylon
Fast forward to last month
My phone was stolen again,the person I gave to help me charge it lost it
I began thinking again about how to get another phone
So on August on Friday,because I was on night shift,I was sleepy and wanted to rest a little,I didn't know that my hand was at a machine
As they on the machine,my finger got cut
I lost the finger next to my big thumb on my left hand
I was so depressed and sad
At the factory they didn't want to help
So after going to the hospital,they told me that I will need 100k for refraction of my finger because it has almost cut off
The 100k I got and sent my.brother to retrieve for me
Can you believe my own blood brother ran away with the 100k I wanted to use for surgery,and this my brother knew what I was going through
I had to borrow money for the surgery
After the surgery,I'm at home now healing and thinking about my future
All im thinking about now is to find a way to find a job to pay back my 100k naira debt
It was even someone at my working place that followed me to gbagada general hospital
I'm tired of my life now self
All im looking for now is someone who can help me with a job
Re: Life At 27 by sheanzy(m): 6:50am On Sep 10, 2021
immortalityk:

I'm 24 years old and I don't even have any skill like that,ran away from home in Ibadan because of too much problems
But last year I got into a factory where I was seeing small money to manage myself
I wanted to save at least 250k before the end of the year of this year but that's where problems started
Early this year my leg got into a machine at this factory,my leg was broken and couldn't work
During march,my leg was a little bit ok so I went back to this factory to work again
I was sad but didn't lose hope and continue to work only that one day I had a dream that I saw someone giving me a small black nylon
So on August on Friday,because I was on night shift,I was sleepy and wanted to rest a little,I didn't know that my hand was at a machine
So after going to the hospital,they told me that I will need 100k for refraction of my finger because it has almost cut off
Can you believe my own blood brother ran away with the 100k I wanted to use for surgery,and this my brother knew what I was going through
All im thinking about now is to find a way to find a job to pay back my 100k naira debt
It was even someone at my working place that followed me to gbagada general hospital
Biko how much were they paying in the factory that u had all these kind of money... And what kind of job is that
Re: Life At 27 by immortalityk: 7:14am On Sep 10, 2021
sheanzy:
Biko how much were they paying in the factory that u had all these kind of money... And what kind of job is that
It is money I saved over time
Also I don't spend money like that
I save a lot
Well after all my saving I'm back to square one
It is a carton recycling factory
Re: Life At 27 by immortalityk: 7:17am On Sep 10, 2021
sheanzy:
If u can connect Me to any job I can use to pay off my debt
I will really appreciate
Re: Life At 27 by Nobody: 11:53am On Sep 10, 2021
immortalityk:

I’m so sorry for all you’ve been through bro

We continue to push
We’ll definitely come out winners

(1) (Reply)

Pampers Distributors Needed Nation Wide / Awaiting Call From Gtbplc / Does Zenith Employ 2:2 Grad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.