Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,787 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:37 PM

Which Is The Best HMO In Nigeria? - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Which Is The Best HMO In Nigeria? (37054 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Is The Best HMO In Nigeria? by enonche85(m): 10:41am On Sep 22, 2021
elbulk:

It's called medical necessity. A lot of times hospitals I beyond the medically necessary treatment. An enrolee signing isn't a thing. I will call a reputable organization that were defrauding HMOs in conjunction with hospitals. For respect reasons, I won't call the organization.
Treating someone isn't good enough but with necessity. The idea of insurance is that it should be the nearest minimum quality treatment as it is so anywhere in the world. How much premium do these companies pay? Hardly ever up to 100k per year per person. From my research Hygeia as a company pays an average of 700M per month to hospitals. That informed more strict measures where you will see a good percentage of claims was not even done.
Some will even want refunds for cosmetic things which insurance will never cover.

In other words the HMOs never cheat. Ok.
Re: Which Is The Best HMO In Nigeria? by elbulk(m): 12:58pm On Sep 24, 2021
enonche85:

In other words the HMOs never cheat. Ok.

There's never a perfect system. You were all up against HMOs and I'm only showing the other side which not too many know about
Re: Which Is The Best HMO In Nigeria? by omoharry(f): 9:50am On Apr 11, 2022
Ambode4g:
I am the HMO OFFICER in my hospital and i can tell you that the best HMO you can ever partner with is AXA MANSARD. You dont have to wait too long in the hospital with the quest of getting approvals for treatments. They are so widely accepted by many Hospitals and i think they do ROAMING PLAN too I.E YOU CAN USE THEM IN ANY HOSPITAL THAT HAS CONTRACT WITH AXA MANSARD. Concerning the cost though, it varies depending on the plan youre on. a person with a chronic illness might decide to opt for a bigger plan than someone who just want insurance for insurance sake. DONT EVER EVER EVER CHOOSE HYGEIA AS AN HMO. You will regret last last ni. Because the hospital will disrespect you and even Hygeia will let you down.

Top 3 HMOs according to my knowledge are
1. axa mansard
2. venus medicare
3. liberty blue

Is Liberty blue the same as Total Health(THT)?. I heard they were acquired by Total Health
Re: Which Is The Best HMO In Nigeria? by omoharry(f): 10:54am On Apr 11, 2022
akezn:
AXA Mansard is good. They have a very wide coverage. We were using them before in my place of work, but the management decided to switch to Greenbay for reasons I can't really say. Greenbay is not doing badly though.

The irony of it all is that they deduct from my salary every month for it, but I hardly fall sick to visit a hospital.
Your money is what is then use for those that fall sick. That is insurance for you. If everybody decide to access care then the insurance cannot be able to pay for the services anymore.
Re: Which Is The Best HMO In Nigeria? by omoharry(f): 11:01am On Apr 11, 2022
Rubbiish:

How come u are the only one with a positive review on this hygeia? So many negative reviews about them on this thread!
Hygeia is terrible. Please stay away from them. Dont mind some agent here that are Hygia staff. Off cos they will always paint it as a good HMO when its really bad.
Re: Which Is The Best HMO In Nigeria? by omoharry(f): 11:04am On Apr 11, 2022
Guys , which good HMO (Excluding Axa-Mansard) has Redington as part of their hospitals?. One with a relatively fair premium?

2 Likes

Re: Which Is The Best HMO In Nigeria? by akezn: 3:50pm On Apr 11, 2022
That is true.

omoharry:
Your money is what is then use for those that fall sick. That is insurance for you. If everybody decide to access care then the insurance cannot be able to pay for the services anymore.
Re: Which Is The Best HMO In Nigeria? by Okikiola914(m): 9:27pm On May 18, 2022
omoharry:
Guys , which good HMO (Excluding Axa-Mansard) has Redington as part of their hospitals?. One with a relatively fair premium?
Leadway, I am currently using them after switching from Anchor. I must confess, they are 100% excellent.
Re: Which Is The Best HMO In Nigeria? by omoharry(f): 10:32pm On May 19, 2022
Okikiola914:

Leadway, I am currently using them after switching from Anchor. I must confess, they are 100% excellent.
Thank you .
Re: Which Is The Best HMO In Nigeria? by FemdomQueen(f): 8:01am On Jun 04, 2022
ImaIma1:

Reliance HMO. It includes gym and spa. Really cool

No make me laugh all these services are suspicious. I tried them and never again. They cover X-ray but when I tried to use it they said only broken bones. I needed a test and even though it was on their list as covered it had a fine print and made them not cover it. Reliance is a scam. I will never recommend
Re: Which Is The Best HMO In Nigeria? by ImaIma1(f): 4:40pm On Jun 04, 2022
FemdomQueen:

No make me laugh all these services are suspicious. I tried them and never again. They cover X-ray but when I tried to use it they said only broken bones. I needed a test and even though it was on their list as covered it had a fine print and made them not cover it. Reliance is a scam. I will never recommend

It depends on the plan from your office. I was in charge of the HMO my colleagues. There's Red Beryl, Alexandrite, diamond and Red diamond. Red Beryl is the lowest. So it depends on the plan your company subscribe to.

Mine covered my delivery which was CS. Hubby and I used the spa option and my colleagues used to go to the gym. Confirm first before you conclude.

Besides, it comes with a list of what each plan has. It even covered monthly prescription delivered to the office or a pharmacy close to you for those with HBP, etc.
Re: Which Is The Best HMO In Nigeria? by Olumaeme: 12:33pm On Aug 05, 2022
enonche85:

Big lie!!
I worked in a hospital and trust me, Hygeia can never be the best.

One of the most useless hmo in Nigeria is hygeia.

AXA Mansard is the best.
Re: Which Is The Best HMO In Nigeria? by Olumaeme: 12:35pm On Aug 05, 2022
omoharry:
Hygeia is terrible. Please stay away from them. Dont mind some agent here that are Hygia staff. Off cos they will always paint it as a good HMO when its really bad.

Hyegia is terrible.
Re: Which Is The Best HMO In Nigeria? by enonche85(m): 6:42pm On Aug 06, 2022
Olumaeme:

One of the most useless hmo in Nigeria is hygeia.

AXA Mansard is the best.

Yea, mansard and Venus by Zenith bank are the best.
Re: Which Is The Best HMO In Nigeria? by Oracle16(m): 7:34pm On Aug 06, 2022
Hygeia HMO is still the leading HMO. Seriously you will not regret using them.
Re: Which Is The Best HMO In Nigeria? by Oyindamolah: 4:31am On Oct 20, 2022
shocked
Afodot0022:
Am suprised no one is mentioning HEALTH PARTNERS. See my own openion, all this HMO and even hospital using them are all scammers. They will never give you treatment they are meant to give you just because you are under a shitty packages. They keep giving u drugs of 300 which they know will not solve your health issues. I have choosen many hospitals thinking they got issues but they all the same and got issues when it comes to HMO. Now i prefer going to pharmacy to get drugs than going to hospital to waste my time and also wont get any good treatment despite the money being removed from my salary. Health partners are culprit in this.
Re: Which Is The Best HMO In Nigeria? by Oyindamolah: 4:34am On Oct 20, 2022
Olumaeme:

Hyegia is terrible.
Terrible is an understatement.
Re: Which Is The Best HMO In Nigeria? by Timzlaye01: 1:57pm On Mar 30, 2023
Have you looked at SUNU HEALTH HMO?... They're very very good, with reliable customer service and mobile App on play store, for easy access to care.
I think you can get a plan for like 25k per annum or so.
They are also domiciled in some African countries too.
Our office in Ghana use them too.

My company use them for more than five years and they're very good.
They started operation since 2007 or thereabout.
I recommend them
Try it
I have their customer care number: 08079992810.
Good luck
[/quote]
Re: Which Is The Best HMO In Nigeria? by Oyindamolah: 9:08pm On Apr 17, 2023
IHMS is one of the worst
Re: Which Is The Best HMO In Nigeria? by Eleojo123: 12:34pm On Jun 20, 2023
AVON HMO is the best way to enjoy life. Am Itodo Emmanuel and I work with AVON HMO. We have different packages that suit your pocket. Just can chat or call me on 08035229612. For more details

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Best HMO In Nigeria? by Oyindamolah: 4:10pm On Jun 25, 2023
grin
Eleojo123:
AVON HMO is the best way to enjoy life. Am Itodo Emmanuel and I work with AVON HMO. We have different packages that suit your pocket. Just can chat or call me on 08035229612. For more details
You are a marketer
Re: Which Is The Best HMO In Nigeria? by mozele(m): 11:43am On Jul 26, 2023
DuduParaPara:
Hello guys, based on experience and relationship, which HMO will you recommend for people to register with as at today September 9th 2021?

I also don't know about NHIS if it's good.

Reason I'm asking this is most times salary earners are the ones who benefit from this HMO stuff cos it's being withdrawn from their salary.

Now what about business people and market people aren't they supposed to benefit?

What HMO would you recommend and how much is the plan?

I work with AXA Mansard.

Now i am not trying to market AXA Mansard to you but to help you in choosing the HMO that fits you.

in choosing HMO make due dilligence concerning the company's credibility during the years.

We have seen cases when these HMO guys enveloped or are unable to pay up hospital bills of their customers.

Now with regards to low salary earners and traders, there are various HMO Plans that can take care of their need without stress.

There are affordable HMO plans that they can go for which lasts between 6 months to a year.

and again, while choosing a HMO, ensure they cover hospitals that are close to reach in case of an emergency.

if you need more information concerning HMO plans across Nigeria, feel free to drop a comment
or send me a message: mnwokoye @ axamansard.com

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Best HMO In Nigeria? by Oyindamolah: 4:13pm On Aug 16, 2023
mozele:

I work with AXA Mansard.

Now i am not trying to market AXA Mansard to you but to help you in choosing the HMO that fits you.

in choosing HMO make due dilligence concerning the company's credibility during the years.

We have seen cases when these HMO guys enveloped or are unable to pay up hospital bills of their customers.

Now with regards to low salary earners and traders, there are various HMO Plans that can take care of their need without stress.

There are affordable HMO plans that they can go for which lasts between 6 months to a year.

and again, while choosing a HMO, ensure they cover hospitals that are close to reach in case of an emergency.

if you need more information concerning HMO plans across Nigeria, feel free to drop a comment
or send me a message: mnwokoye @ axamansard.com
facts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lagos On Display At The Lord Mayor's Show In London (Picture) / Aisha Buhari Commissions Ikom Health Centres, Cross River / TUC Backs Out Of 2-day Warning Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.