Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,247 members, 7,818,839 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:22 AM

Students, How Do You Keep Up With Expenses In School? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Students, How Do You Keep Up With Expenses In School? (454 Views)

UI Students, How Much Is The School Fees / ASUU Strike: Students How Do You Cope With Strikes / MTN shortlist students: How To Write An Essay For MTN Scholarship 2017/2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Students, How Do You Keep Up With Expenses In School? by TheManofTomorrow(m): 6:07pm On Sep 09, 2021
Good day to y'all. Hope you all doing good? Been a while here. Whew! cool

Omo, e no easy o grin

With the economic depression and inflation currently happening in the country.
It's no news that the naira has been greatly devalued and the prices of commodities are not what they used to be. And if that's not enough, things are getting more expensive by the day.

As a student studying in tertiary institutions, some of us gets allowance from home, some do some kind of work in and outside the school environment.

But the common ground is that expenses are unending and seemingly getting out of hand. You have to go extra mile to enjoy the kind of life you used to enjoy as a student pre-covid.

Personally, I was unable to go for our departmental convention held in Uniuyo simply because of the cost implications involved. A place where I'll get connected with other Pharmacy students, learn new things, get to see new places, represent my school in an health hackathon. Omo, e pain me hearing the gist of some of my colleagues having fun while I'm not there grin

I remember last semester when my expenses grew so much that I had take a loan from fairmoney to keep up- something I don't imagine myself doing- I guess desperate time truly calls for desperate measures cry

Now, I mostly cook to avoid spending unnecessarily outside, I reduced my sociability because it mostly comes with billing and I started reading my book better to due to ample time grin cheesy. A lot of other permutation that I had to come up with too to avoid going cashless. We all know how going broke can be expecially during active school session. Little thanks to jobs I collect during those periods too(you can check my profile and signature for what I do smiley).

I legit know someone that has to take a leave of absence to go and hustle due to the unending expenses.

So guys, how you dey do am. Abeg come share soap o cos as I dey so. I don tire o sad

4 Likes

Re: Students, How Do You Keep Up With Expenses In School? by Iniobong34: 6:26pm On Sep 09, 2021
Am here to read comments
Re: Students, How Do You Keep Up With Expenses In School? by CampussNews: 6:28pm On Sep 09, 2021
Make una dy comment make we hear
Re: Students, How Do You Keep Up With Expenses In School? by Goldbw122(m): 6:40pm On Sep 09, 2021
School is very sweet
Re: Students, How Do You Keep Up With Expenses In School? by yomi007k(m): 6:42pm On Sep 09, 2021
lipsrsealed

Not only students but the vast majority of individuals in the country.

We simply focus more on our needs than wants.

1 Like

Re: Students, How Do You Keep Up With Expenses In School? by DoggoneDogg: 6:47pm On Sep 09, 2021
Yahoo
Armed robbery
Prostitution
Fraud
Becoming course rep
Lying
Stealing at home
Selling home appliances
Doing menial jobs

2 Likes

Re: Students, How Do You Keep Up With Expenses In School? by TheManofTomorrow(m): 7:31pm On Sep 09, 2021
Goldbw122:
School is very sweet

I agree but sweeter when ones got money to run some things
Re: Students, How Do You Keep Up With Expenses In School? by TheManofTomorrow(m): 7:34pm On Sep 09, 2021
DoggoneDogg:
Yahoo
Armed robbery
Prostitution
Fraud
Becoming course rep
Lying
Stealing at home
Selling home appliances
Doing menial jobs

Omo, you go bad oo. Just two of things on your list are worthy of note. The rest are illegal.

How Nigeria wan take better like this? grin

Laslasticlala, don't you agree that this topic is FP worthy for more contributions?
Re: Students, How Do You Keep Up With Expenses In School? by Goldbw122(m): 9:24pm On Sep 09, 2021
TheManofTomorrow:

I agree but sweeter when ones got money to run some things
Yeah money is like a lubrication, makes life sweet. GOD WHEN I GO GET MONEY?

(1) (Reply)

Oau Post Utme Form For 2021/2022 Academic Session And All You Need To Know / As Soon As Your ICAN Result Is Released... Do This... / Where Can I Download Recent WAEC And JAMB Past Questions Online?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.