Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,346 members, 7,811,995 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:33 AM

Buhari’s Visit Shatters IPOB’s Sit-At-Home Order In Imo - Vanguard Newspapers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari’s Visit Shatters IPOB’s Sit-At-Home Order In Imo - Vanguard Newspapers (1372 Views)

"Violence In South East: Who’s Simon Ekpa?" By Vanguard Newspapers / IPOB: The Taliban Of Igbo Land By Vanguard Newspapers / Governor Umahi Reverses Ban On Sun, Vanguard Newspapers Reporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari’s Visit Shatters IPOB’s Sit-At-Home Order In Imo - Vanguard Newspapers by GenesisForum: 6:42pm On Sep 09, 2021
President Muhammadu Buhari’s visit to Imo state, has shattered the sit at home order issued by the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB.

The Directorate of States, DOS, of the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, had ordered a sit-at-home against the planned visit of Mr. President to Imo State on Thursday.

Though the sit at home order recorded partial compliance in Onitsha, Awka, Nnewi and Enugu, however in Imo state, Buhari’s visit shattered the order, as Journalists witnessed mammoth crowd who stormed the streets of Imo to welcome Mr. President.

WHY BUHARI VISITED IMO STATE

Reason, Nigerian President visited Imo state has been revealed. Buhari came to Imo state to commission projects built by the sitting governor of state, Hope Uzodinma.

Buhari’s aircraft landed at Sam Mbakwe cargo airport, Owerri, at about 9:00 am and was received by David Umahi, chairman of the South-east Governors’ Forum, Hope Uzodimma, Imo state governor and other stakeholders in the state.

During the commissioning of Egbeada bypass road, Buhari opined that he would encourage Hope Uzodimma, to develop the state within the limit of the law.

“I have gone round and I have seen enough I have seen Uzodimma integrity in working hard, I am impressed with what I have seen. This is what I am facing at the centre, I want to say this, from the centre, I will encourage Imo in the ongoing infrastructure development within the limits of the law”, he said.

Other projects commissioned include: Balloon Technology erosion tunnel to control the erosion in the Egbu, D-Tiger, Egbu Federal Housing, Aladimma, Chukwuma Nwaoha. He also commissioned the Naze junction improvement.

Why IPOB issued sit at home order

The Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, had following the re-arrest of its leader Mazi Nnamdi Kanu, in Keyan and of cause the his repatriation to Nigeria, asked the Nigerian government to release him. The vowed never to stop until Kanu is released by the Department of State Service, DSS.

What IPOB is fighting for

The groups main aim is to restore an independent state of Biafra in the South East of Nigeria through an independence referendum.

They have accused the Federal government of marginalizing, killing and maiming the people of South East.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/09/buharis-visit-shatters-Igbos-sit-at-home-order-in-imo/

2 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Visit Shatters IPOB’s Sit-At-Home Order In Imo - Vanguard Newspapers by Tony3245(m): 6:43pm On Sep 09, 2021
Lai Muhammad students grin grin

Abeg getat undecided

Kindly check my signature for your research works, Assignments, project write up, Advertisement, etc...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari’s Visit Shatters IPOB’s Sit-At-Home Order In Imo - Vanguard Newspapers by chatinent: 6:46pm On Sep 09, 2021
With en I-swear-to-God shoes and trousers abi?
Re: Buhari’s Visit Shatters IPOB’s Sit-At-Home Order In Imo - Vanguard Newspapers by Naijanascam: 6:47pm On Sep 09, 2021
Vanguard fear God
Vanguard fear God
Vanguard fear God

Because eget why

4 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Visit Shatters IPOB’s Sit-At-Home Order In Imo - Vanguard Newspapers by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 6:48pm On Sep 09, 2021
Paid post.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Visit Shatters IPOB’s Sit-At-Home Order In Imo - Vanguard Newspapers by EasternActivist: 6:56pm On Sep 09, 2021
I was expecting the pictures of the mammoth crowd

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari’s Visit Shatters IPOB’s Sit-At-Home Order In Imo - Vanguard Newspapers by CallmeGideon: 6:59pm On Sep 09, 2021
Uzodinjo don pay this useless vanguard to write rubbish. You can only tell a blind man that oil is not in the soup, not that there is no salt in it. The same thing all of saw, is it what the vanguard is trying to change the narration with their paid cheap article? Who know how much Uzodinjo paid this people

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari’s Visit Shatters IPOB’s Sit-At-Home Order In Imo - Vanguard Newspapers by Millimann: 7:32pm On Sep 09, 2021
Where is the crowd naah?

I thought vanguard was a credible outfit before.
Re: Buhari’s Visit Shatters IPOB’s Sit-At-Home Order In Imo - Vanguard Newspapers by richmond500: 7:32pm On Sep 09, 2021
Mammoth crowd ke?

Well there was crowd from the pictures I saw but it was nowhere close to mammoth.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Visit Shatters IPOB’s Sit-At-Home Order In Imo - Vanguard Newspapers by mrvitalis(m): 7:34pm On Sep 09, 2021
Lol which crowed ... vanguard well u have to do what u have been paid for ..no p
Re: Buhari’s Visit Shatters IPOB’s Sit-At-Home Order In Imo - Vanguard Newspapers by Charmingrascal(m): 7:43pm On Sep 09, 2021
I didn't see any crowd in all the pictures and videos I have been seeing.

I am only seeing few paid urchins probably abokis who sells goro and onions in Imo who came to visit their Commander in Chief
Re: Buhari’s Visit Shatters IPOB’s Sit-At-Home Order In Imo - Vanguard Newspapers by vedaxcool(m): 7:44pm On Sep 09, 2021
grin grin grin PMB the breaker of chains. He has freed imo from the evil grip of ipob terrorists scoundrels who have no real support on the ground.l

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Visit Shatters IPOB’s Sit-At-Home Order In Imo - Vanguard Newspapers by Maxymilliano(m): 7:50pm On Sep 09, 2021
however in Imo state, Buhari’s visit shattered the order, as Journalists witnessed mammoth crowd who stormed the streets of Imo to welcome Mr. President.

A picture say a thousand words they say, I haven't come across anything 'mammoth' in any of the photos I've seen all day, or is the crowd so much that it escaped the digital lens of any of the so called journalists that witnessed the "mammoth" scene

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Visit Shatters IPOB’s Sit-At-Home Order In Imo - Vanguard Newspapers by FakeUnity: 7:58pm On Sep 09, 2021
Lol...

Re: Buhari’s Visit Shatters IPOB’s Sit-At-Home Order In Imo - Vanguard Newspapers by Nobody: 8:17pm On Sep 09, 2021
If kanu was still having his radio toys, he would be ranting like deranged fool rn. Mumu ipob terrorist, very dense miscreants.
Re: Buhari’s Visit Shatters IPOB’s Sit-At-Home Order In Imo - Vanguard Newspapers by Emergingnation(m): 8:22pm On Sep 09, 2021
vedaxcool:
grin grin grin PMB the breaker of chains. He has freed imo from the evil grip of ipob terrorists scoundrels who have no real support on the ground.l
Says Chronic Fulani terrorist , The renown land grabbers..

Re: Buhari’s Visit Shatters IPOB’s Sit-At-Home Order In Imo - Vanguard Newspapers by SlayerForever: 8:24pm On Sep 09, 2021
Shatta bandle ni grin grin grin
Re: Buhari’s Visit Shatters IPOB’s Sit-At-Home Order In Imo - Vanguard Newspapers by Emergingnation(m): 8:24pm On Sep 09, 2021
SlyDev:
If kanu was still having his radio toys, he would be ranting like deranged fool rn. Mumu ipob terrorist, very dense miscreants.
If sane people dey talk, Ab0ki go follow talk chai..
Re: Buhari’s Visit Shatters IPOB’s Sit-At-Home Order In Imo - Vanguard Newspapers by Chukabiz(m): 8:26pm On Sep 09, 2021
Anyone that comes to Igbo land and is not welcomed with the dance like the pictures below, just know that he/she is highly and wholeheartedly rejected.

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Visit Shatters IPOB’s Sit-At-Home Order In Imo - Vanguard Newspapers by baralatie(m): 8:28pm On Sep 09, 2021
Okay

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Unveils List Of Absentee Ministers In His Cabinet / S.West And S South Senators Clashed Over Inclusion Of Lagos, Bauchi,Ogun In NDDC / Breaking News Asiwaju In Distress Help.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.