Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,717 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:41 PM

S.West And S South Senators Clashed Over Inclusion Of Lagos, Bauchi,Ogun In NDDC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / S.West And S South Senators Clashed Over Inclusion Of Lagos, Bauchi,Ogun In NDDC (1376 Views)

15 By-elections: PDP Kicks As APC Wins In Lagos, Bauchi, Others / Senators Ifeanyi Ubah And Chukwuka Utazi Clashed Over Innoson Motor / How Malami, Magu Clashed Over Sale Of Seized Assets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

S.West And S South Senators Clashed Over Inclusion Of Lagos, Bauchi,Ogun In NDDC by Biodun556(m): 12:59pm On Nov 11, 2021
https://leadership.ng/senators-clash-over-bill-to-include-lagos-ogun-bauchi-in-nddc/

Senators Clash Over Bill To Include Lagos, Ogun, Bauchi In NDDC

A move by some senators to include new-Niger Delta States in the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) was rejected by lawmakers from the oil producing areas.

There was a move by senators from other regions, especially South West to include non-oil producing states in the NDDC.

This followed a debate on a Bill for an Act to amend the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) for the inclusion of new oil producing areas and states (into NDDC) and other matters connected therewith sponsored by Senator Adeola Solomon Olamilekan (Lagos West).

The bill which seeks to accommodate states that have attained the status of oil producing states into the Niger Delta Development Commission, was first read for the first time in the Red Chamber on Tuesday 17th December, 2019.

But Olamilekan in his argument, said following the discovery of oil in Bauchi, Lagos and Ogun states, that they should officially join the league of oil producing states in Nigeria following the discovery of crude oil in Alkaleri local government area of Bauchi; Badagry, Lagos, and Ipokia, Ogun State.

By virtue of this, Olamilekan said the states are entitled to the 13 percent derivation that is due to oil producing states according to the provision of Section 162 Sub-Section 2 of the Nigeria Constitution.

He further argued that the purpose of the Bill was for an Act to make provision for new states who have joined the leagues of oil producing states in Nigeria and for states that might eventually discover oil in the future as opposed to the present position of the Act which only covers oil producing states within the Niger Delta region.

The Lagos senator said the inclusion of the new oil producing states in the Act saves costs and follows precedence.

“In conclusion, this amendment is to accord the same provisions of the law amongst other benefits accrued to oil producing states in Nigeria to the new oil producing states and future oil producing states,” Olamilekan said.

But senators from the Niger Delta region described the Bill as selfish and dead on arrival.

The deputy senate president, Ovie Omo-Agege, described Senator Solomon Adeola as a meddlesome interloper while rejecting Olamilekan’s filibuster.

“We look forward to the day when indeed all states in Nigeria will not only produce oil but produce one form of mineral resource or the other.

“Dealing with the issue of 13 per cent derivation. To us that is not an issue to the extent that they produce oil in commercial quantity and DPR so determines that oil is sold, and revenue is sent to the federation account. That is not the issue yet. The issue is whether or not just because they are oil producing they should come under NDDC, if you are looking for meddlesome interlopers, you don’t have to go to far to find one.

“This debate clearly shows that my colleague from Lagos is a classic meddlesome interloper. The Niger Delta Development Commission is a regional development commission. We must draw a distinction between the NDDC and the oil and mineral producing commission,” he said.

On his part, Sen George Thomson Sekibo congratulated states that have recently attained the status of oil producing states but wonder if they had attained the status of producing in commercial quantity.

“I congratulate these states where my friend said they have discovered oil. What I don’t know is whether the oil is in commercial quantity and they are drilling them out for sales and the money going to Nigerian coffers. That one, he has not expatriated on that one,” he said.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: S.West And S South Senators Clashed Over Inclusion Of Lagos, Bauchi,Ogun In NDDC by gregyboy(m): 1:03pm On Nov 11, 2021
South west governors are mad, skull mining activities seeems no more enough for them abi

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: S.West And S South Senators Clashed Over Inclusion Of Lagos, Bauchi,Ogun In NDDC by Biodun556(m): 1:06pm On Nov 11, 2021
Re: S.West And S South Senators Clashed Over Inclusion Of Lagos, Bauchi,Ogun In NDDC by BKayy: 1:09pm On Nov 11, 2021
Lol

1 Like

Re: S.West And S South Senators Clashed Over Inclusion Of Lagos, Bauchi,Ogun In NDDC by ERockson: 1:09pm On Nov 11, 2021
tongue
Re: S.West And S South Senators Clashed Over Inclusion Of Lagos, Bauchi,Ogun In NDDC by Pass11: 1:11pm On Nov 11, 2021
South West should be included

3 Likes

Re: S.West And S South Senators Clashed Over Inclusion Of Lagos, Bauchi,Ogun In NDDC by Pass11: 1:12pm On Nov 11, 2021
south East senators should mind their business

3 Likes

Re: S.West And S South Senators Clashed Over Inclusion Of Lagos, Bauchi,Ogun In NDDC by Biodun556(m): 1:12pm On Nov 11, 2021
Pass11:

grin
Re: S.West And S South Senators Clashed Over Inclusion Of Lagos, Bauchi,Ogun In NDDC by festacman(m): 1:13pm On Nov 11, 2021
It is obvious that at the end of the day, the old Oil Mineral Producing Areas Development Commission (OMPADEC) is likely to be resurrected as against the current regional Delta Development Commission (NDDC) accommodate non-Niger Deltan oil producing States. I am personally happy that Anambra State made it.

However, SS Senators and leaders should insist on oil producing States getting returns in line with how much each produces.

The only regret here is that NIger Delta region has nothing to show for decades of existence of NDDC except abandoned hundreds of uncompleyed project buildings, fatter politicians' bank accounts and of course the NDDC building. What a waste! Sad.

1 Like

Re: S.West And S South Senators Clashed Over Inclusion Of Lagos, Bauchi,Ogun In NDDC by PrinceOfLagos: 1:14pm On Nov 11, 2021
Pass11:
Swear you're not Fulani grin

2 Likes

Re: S.West And S South Senators Clashed Over Inclusion Of Lagos, Bauchi,Ogun In NDDC by Pass11: 1:15pm On Nov 11, 2021
cheesy
PrinceOfLagos:

Swear you're not Fulani grin
Re: S.West And S South Senators Clashed Over Inclusion Of Lagos, Bauchi,Ogun In NDDC by FreeStuffsNG: 1:15pm On Nov 11, 2021
Please include Lagos, Bauchi and Ogun States.
Re: S.West And S South Senators Clashed Over Inclusion Of Lagos, Bauchi,Ogun In NDDC by IgweOfNnewi: 1:18pm On Nov 11, 2021
gregyboy:
South west governors are mad, skull mining activities seeems no more enough for them abi
You think they are irresponsible as the south east cowards and buhari puppets that are just figureheads

1 Like

Re: S.West And S South Senators Clashed Over Inclusion Of Lagos, Bauchi,Ogun In NDDC by Kinematics: 1:24pm On Nov 11, 2021
“I congratulate these states where my friend said they have discovered oil. What I don’t know is whether the oil is in commercial quantity and they are drilling them out for sales and the money going to Nigerian coffers. That one, he has not expatriated on that one,”

Sen George Thomson Sekibo

Re: S.West And S South Senators Clashed Over Inclusion Of Lagos, Bauchi,Ogun In NDDC by BKayy: 1:29pm On Nov 11, 2021
Kinematics:
“I congratulate these states where my friend said they have discovered oil. What I don’t know is whether the oil is in commercial quantity and they are drilling them out for sales and the money going to Nigerian coffers. That one, he has not expatriated on that one,”

Sen George Thomson Sekibo
Your wailing has not started my dear minority in our NDDC.
Did I say our NDDC? Yes I did grin lol

2 Likes

Re: S.West And S South Senators Clashed Over Inclusion Of Lagos, Bauchi,Ogun In NDDC by Kinematics: 1:35pm On Nov 11, 2021
BKayy:

[s]Your wailing has not started my dear minority in our NDDC.
Did I say our NDDC? Yes I did grin lol[/s]

See this palm oil producer grin grin

Re: S.West And S South Senators Clashed Over Inclusion Of Lagos, Bauchi,Ogun In NDDC by BKayy: 1:38pm On Nov 11, 2021
Kinematics:

See this palm oil producer grin grin
So far we carry the palm oil enter NDDC, the joke is on you.
grin

4 Likes

Re: S.West And S South Senators Clashed Over Inclusion Of Lagos, Bauchi,Ogun In NDDC by Kinematics: 1:40pm On Nov 11, 2021
BKayy:

[s]So far we carry the palm oil enter NDDC, the joke is on you.[/s]
grin

Your 0.2% worth of palm oil?

Last time I checked your 0.2% worth of palm oil is not up to 60% of what Kaduna or Katsina takes monthly as allocation.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: S.West And S South Senators Clashed Over Inclusion Of Lagos, Bauchi,Ogun In NDDC by BKayy: 1:42pm On Nov 11, 2021
Kinematics:

Your 0.2% worth of palm oil?
Yes the 0.2% that will be used to lord over you in that NDDC.

5 Likes

Re: S.West And S South Senators Clashed Over Inclusion Of Lagos, Bauchi,Ogun In NDDC by AfonjaConehead: 1:43pm On Nov 11, 2021
There is a reason as a southerner, why I chose the name afonjaconehead.
Our saviour Jesus said the enemy is always within...

The south westerners are now more or less an abomination and sacrilege to us other south.

The north east already has NEDC(north east development commission),funded by Niger Delta oil money. The northern oil prospection takes 30% oil proceeds from the NNPC. And now the yoruba tinubu people are still bent in total sell out of the south to the north,what an abomination of a people are these lzaa?!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: S.West And S South Senators Clashed Over Inclusion Of Lagos, Bauchi,Ogun In NDDC by Kinematics: 1:43pm On Nov 11, 2021
BKayy:

Yes the 0.2% that will be used to lord over you in that NDDC.

Lord over me? Ipigs are indeed deluded...

Re: S.West And S South Senators Clashed Over Inclusion Of Lagos, Bauchi,Ogun In NDDC by BKayy: 1:46pm On Nov 11, 2021
Kinematics:

Of course, you swamp toads are now the minority in our NDDC. Courtesy of the new bill lol

5 Likes

Re: S.West And S South Senators Clashed Over Inclusion Of Lagos, Bauchi,Ogun In NDDC by Madmohamed1: 1:46pm On Nov 11, 2021
Biodun556:
https://leadership.ng/senators-clash-over-bill-to-include-lagos-ogun-bauchi-in-nddc/

Senators Clash Over Bill To Include Lagos, Ogun, Bauchi In NDDC

A move by some senators to include new-Niger Delta States in the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) was rejected by lawmakers from the oil producing areas.

There was a move by senators from other regions, especially South West to include non-oil producing states in the NDDC.

This followed a debate on a Bill for an Act to amend the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) for the inclusion of new oil producing areas and states (into NDDC) and other matters connected therewith sponsored by Senator Adeola Solomon Olamilekan (Lagos West).

The bill which seeks to accommodate states that have attained the status of oil producing states into the Niger Delta Development Commission, was first read for the first time in the Red Chamber on Tuesday 17th December, 2019.

But Olamilekan in his argument, said following the discovery of oil in Bauchi, Lagos and Ogun states, that they should officially join the league of oil producing states in Nigeria following the discovery of crude oil in Alkaleri local government area of Bauchi; Badagry, Lagos, and Ipokia, Ogun State.

By virtue of this, Olamilekan said the states are entitled to the 13 percent derivation that is due to oil producing states according to the provision of Section 162 Sub-Section 2 of the Nigeria Constitution.

He further argued that the purpose of the Bill was for an Act to make provision for new states who have joined the leagues of oil producing states in Nigeria and for states that might eventually discover oil in the future as opposed to the present position of the Act which only covers oil producing states within the Niger Delta region.

The Lagos senator said the inclusion of the new oil producing states in the Act saves costs and follows precedence.

“In conclusion, this amendment is to accord the same provisions of the law amongst other benefits accrued to oil producing states in Nigeria to the new oil producing states and future oil producing states,” Olamilekan said.

But senators from the Niger Delta region described the Bill as selfish and dead on arrival.

The deputy senate president, Ovie Omo-Agege, described Senator Solomon Adeola as a meddlesome interloper while rejecting Olamilekan’s filibuster.

“We look forward to the day when indeed all states in Nigeria will not only produce oil but produce one form of mineral resource or the other.

“Dealing with the issue of 13 per cent derivation. To us that is not an issue to the extent that they produce oil in commercial quantity and DPR so determines that oil is sold, and revenue is sent to the federation account. That is not the issue yet. The issue is whether or not just because they are oil producing they should come under NDDC, if you are looking for meddlesome interlopers, you don’t have to go to far to find one.

“This debate clearly shows that my colleague from Lagos is a classic meddlesome interloper. The Niger Delta Development Commission is a regional development commission. We must draw a distinction between the NDDC and the oil and mineral producing commission,” he said.

On his part, Sen George Thomson Sekibo congratulated states that have recently attained the status of oil producing states but wonder if they had attained the status of producing in commercial quantity.

“I congratulate these states where my friend said they have discovered oil. What I don’t know is whether the oil is in commercial quantity and they are drilling them out for sales and the money going to Nigerian coffers. That one, he has not expatriated on that one,” he said.
I advise the South East to support south west. South South should face their wahala

1 Like

Re: S.West And S South Senators Clashed Over Inclusion Of Lagos, Bauchi,Ogun In NDDC by Kinematics: 1:49pm On Nov 11, 2021
BKayy:

[s]Of course, you swamp toads are now the minority in our NDDC. Courtesy of the new bill lol[/s]

I can see all your life has been based on wishes.

Keep living in lalaland

Re: S.West And S South Senators Clashed Over Inclusion Of Lagos, Bauchi,Ogun In NDDC by LZAA: 1:50pm On Nov 11, 2021
AfonjaConehead:
There is a reason as a southerner, why I chose the name afonjaconehead.
Our saviour Jesus said the enemy is always within...

The south westerners are now more or less an abomination and sacrilege to us other south.

The north east already has NEDC(north east development commission),funded by Niger Delta oil money. The northern oil prospection takes 30% oil proceeds from the NNPC. And now the yoruba tinubu people are still bent in total sell out of the south to the north,what an abomination of a people are these lzaa?!
Afamed and helinues will avoid this thread grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: S.West And S South Senators Clashed Over Inclusion Of Lagos, Bauchi,Ogun In NDDC by BKayy: 1:50pm On Nov 11, 2021
Kinematics:

I can see all your life has been based on wishes.

Keep living in lalaland
E shock you?

My dear swamp toad

6 Likes

Re: S.West And S South Senators Clashed Over Inclusion Of Lagos, Bauchi,Ogun In NDDC by AntiBMC(m): 1:58pm On Nov 11, 2021
Nawa...so problem no dey finish?

Imagine a minority foreign Fulani leeches, playing all these indigenous tribes claiming population like guitar. They will bait them, knack their heads together and cash out from the fracas.

Anyway...na wetin fit all these lovers of one Nigeria. By the time Fulani is done with you people, una go know say kpomo no be meat.

1 Like

Re: S.West And S South Senators Clashed Over Inclusion Of Lagos, Bauchi,Ogun In NDDC by OBALOLA55(m): 2:07pm On Nov 11, 2021
BUT WHAT IS WRONG WITH SOUT WEST SINATORS

WHERE IS THAT ATENU BOY CALLED SEUNMSG angry
Re: S.West And S South Senators Clashed Over Inclusion Of Lagos, Bauchi,Ogun In NDDC by mbaise1000: 2:10pm On Nov 11, 2021
[color=#006600][/color]
Kinematics:

Are you okay?
What has igbos got to do with the thread or were they mentioned in it?
Look at your delusional pitiable life and see what hatred and jealousy is doing to you, help yourself out if your misery by looking for the nearest transformer and do the needful, if you are waiting for the igbos to go down or give up, you are going to die a most miserable death that is self imposed by you, and it will last forever, if you are waiting for igbos to be subdued, you are going to wait and suffer forever

1 Like

Re: S.West And S South Senators Clashed Over Inclusion Of Lagos, Bauchi,Ogun In NDDC by Kinematics: 2:26pm On Nov 11, 2021
mbaise1000:
[color=#006600][/color]

[s]Are you okay?
What has igbos got to do with the thread or were they mentioned in it?
Look at your delusional pitiable life and see what hatred and jealousy is doing to you, help yourself out if your misery by looking for the nearest transformer and do the needful, if you are waiting for the igbos to go down or give up, you are going to die a most miserable death that is self imposed by you, and it will last forever, if you are waiting for igbos to be subdued, you are going to wait and suffer forever[/s]

BKay is a known ipig miscreant. A Rivers wannabe clown..
Re: S.West And S South Senators Clashed Over Inclusion Of Lagos, Bauchi,Ogun In NDDC by sweetonugbu: 2:30pm On Nov 11, 2021
You are an aboki. Why do you answer biodun?.
Re: S.West And S South Senators Clashed Over Inclusion Of Lagos, Bauchi,Ogun In NDDC by Emiya: 2:54pm On Nov 11, 2021
We deserve to be included pls grin ... our brothers from the SS , let the big boys come in and play too..

(1) (2) (Reply)

Good Afternoon Umunnem The Enemies Are Now At Ngwa, Igbere / Today; See Biafran Mothers Demonstrate For MNK At Abuja Court / SE Continuous Sit At Home Battle Is Now Between Ipob And Epob

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.