Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,920 members, 7,952,694 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 09:24 PM

Buhari In Imo State, Talks About Spoke Of On The Importance Of Security 2021 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari In Imo State, Talks About Spoke Of On The Importance Of Security 2021 (271 Views)

Photo Of Former President Buhari In The UK / Donald Duke Spoke Of His Identity Theft By Tinubu And TVC (Video) / Man Who Praised Buhari In A Salon In Benin Gets A Hug (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Buhari In Imo State, Talks About Spoke Of On The Importance Of Security 2021 by Ayoife121: 8:10pm On Sep 09, 2021
Buhari in Imo State, talks about spoke of on the importance of security
Imo State is seen as the hub of the pro-Biafra group, IPOB’s operations in Nigeria’s South-east.

President Mohammadu Buhari, under tight security, today Thursday visited Imo State, which is seen as the hub of the pro-Biafra group, IPOB’s operations in Nigeria’s South-east.

The agitation for the independent republic for Biafra has led to killings and destruction in the South-east.

Mr Buhari, who is on a one-day working visit to Imo to commission projects executed by Governor Hope Uzodinma’s administration, talked about the importance of security, as well as infrastructure, in the lives of the people.

“If there are no roads, if there is no security, what can people do? Definitely nothing,” Mr Buhari said in his brief address in Owerri, the state capital.

He gave a thumbs up to Governor Uzodinma on his administration’s effort to develop the state.

The president commissioned a polytechnic, a road project and flood Control tunnel and a new executive chamber

“Seeing is believing”, the president said of the projects in the state.

“I accepted the invitation to come and see what the governor wanted me to see, and I have seen enough which certifies his integrity.

Kaduna kidnappers free nursing mother, infant, four minors; hold ten others
“I am very impressed with what he has done because I have gone through the same problem at the centre to make sure that infrastructure is what would enable the people to man their own businesses.

I am very pleased with what I have seen,” Mr Buhari said.

Apart from Governor Uzodinma, Governor David Umahi of Ebonyi State, and All Progressives Congress candidate for the forthcoming governorship election in Anambra, Andy Uba, were among those who received President Buhari.

The president is expected to hold a town hall meeting with leaders of the South-east before his departure to Abuja later today.

*Read Also*

*Kaduna announces fresh resumption dates for schools
The state’s commissioner for education, Shehu Makarfi, disclosed this while taking part in a virtual workshop organised by the Education Writers’ Association of Nigeria.

The government of Kaduna State, North-west Nigeria, on Thursday , released a new resumption schedule for its schools after months of disruption in the school calendar due to violent attacks by bandits in the state.

The state’s commissioner for education, Shehu Makarfi, disclosed this while taking part in a virtual workshop organised by the Education Writers’ Association of Nigeria.

The workshop, which is organised as part of the activities to mark the second anniversary of the International Day to Protect Education from Attack, was themed; “Consequences of Violent Attacks on Education in Nigeria.”

New timetable
According to Mr Makarfi, students of the state are expected to resume on Sunday, September 12, 2021.

However, the commissioner said rather than resume for the third term that has been aborted in the state, the schools will resume the first term for the 2021/2022 academic calendar.

He added that the state has worked out strategies towards ensuring the completion of the third term through online platforms.

He said the resumption will be in phases.

Details soon.
Subscribe here for more updates https://wenchat.com.ng
Re: Buhari In Imo State, Talks About Spoke Of On The Importance Of Security 2021 by SLAP44: 8:15pm On Sep 09, 2021
Somebody moved all the way from his home state where bandits and terrorists are in control of 8 local government areas to preach peace in a peaceful state? grin grin

There's something these goons are not telling us.

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Is A Traditional Chief Of Some States In The S-east - Femi Adesina / Femi Adesina Hosts Dr Godwin Maduka And The OCI Foundation's Dr Epunam / Next time, I will be careful about future invitation. Buhari shades SE Govs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.