Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,196 members, 7,818,652 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:53 PM

Road Trip To Tanzania By December - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Road Trip To Tanzania By December (4969 Views)

Road Trip To Germany (a Short True Life Story) / Cost Of Road Trip To Ghana / Travel To Tanzania (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Road Trip To Tanzania By December by Chrisokeke05(m): 6:42pm On Sep 10, 2021
greatbrian:

Okay. I do have an international passport. I don't intend driving. Can you mail me your WhatsApp contact so that we can have a detailed conversation so that I can come up with a good estimate of cost. Thanks.

Ingot my gas bills covered. As long as you have a passport and perhaps international driver license there might be a room for one. And cost implication going to selous, Serengeti and many other stop over for you will be on you.
Re: Road Trip To Tanzania By December by OldNairalander(m): 10:22pm On Sep 10, 2021
greatbrian:
HI travel buddies,

am thinking of a suicide mission of driving round Africa starting from my birthday December 6. Plan is to go through pH to uyo to calabar to Cameroon and all to Tanzania. Has anyone ever embarked on this kinda journey? I suppose my Nigerian passport covers all this talking of customs in the other country borders and all. Have so prepared for this trip so no going back. I just need tips I need to be ware of and of course if there is any travel buddy ready to try this out. Plan is to visit all wildlife's as much as I can touch from December 6 to 20. In preparation for the trip, have started processing a generally acceptable drivers license in all African countries and that should be out next week, I also plan embarking on a trip to Cameroon border this Tuesday from Lagos just to know what am up against in preparation for December 6. Suggestions, lessons and ideas are welcome.

And cars to select from are as follow. A 2009 upgraded to 2013 C300

A Lexus Rx330 2007

A 2010 Toyota corolla (sport)

A muscle Camry 2010 sport

Audi A2 2002

Audi A4 2007. Suggestions etc are welcome.

Let me join you nah.
I'm hungry for adventure too
Re: Road Trip To Tanzania By December by cj4humanity: 8:35pm On Sep 11, 2021
greatbrian:
HI travel buddies,

am thinking of a suicide mission of driving round Africa starting from my birthday December 6. Plan is to go through pH to uyo to calabar to Cameroon and all to Tanzania. Has anyone ever embarked on this kinda journey? I suppose my Nigerian passport covers all this talking of customs in the other country borders and all. Have so prepared for this trip so no going back. I just need tips I need to be ware of and of course if there is any travel buddy ready to try this out. Plan is to visit all wildlife's as much as I can touch from December 6 to 20. In preparation for the trip, have started processing a generally acceptable drivers license in all African countries and that should be out next week, I also plan embarking on a trip to Cameroon border this Tuesday from Lagos just to know what am up against in preparation for December 6. Suggestions, lessons and ideas are welcome.

A Lexus Rx330 2007

Audi A2 2002

Are you military?
Re: Road Trip To Tanzania By December by greatbrian(m): 9:45am On Sep 12, 2021
cj4humanity:

Are you military?

Are you?
Re: Road Trip To Tanzania By December by fredwill1357(m): 7:43pm On Sep 12, 2021
greatbrian:

Yeah normally I should pass katsina to chad WTC. But I will pass pH to uyo to calabar straight to Cameroon in other to avoid the northeast. Camera? Well camera phone suppose do.
Are you a soldier? Do you know someone in Tanzania?
Re: Road Trip To Tanzania By December by greatbrian(m): 9:38pm On Sep 12, 2021
fredwill1357:
Are you a soldier? Do you know someone in Tanzania?

The closest have been to Tanzania is on natgeowild Serengeti and selous wildlife
Re: Road Trip To Tanzania By December by samz77: 4:07pm On Sep 13, 2021
why not embark on West African countries starting from Benin, Togo, Ghana, ivory Coast, Liberia, Sierra Leone etc very easy route to transverse than east African counterparts u want to embark on. Infact we can go to together

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Road Trip To Tanzania By December by cj4humanity: 9:30pm On Sep 13, 2021
greatbrian:

Are you?
No, just saw something on your signature
Re: Road Trip To Tanzania By December by chelseamann(m): 10:27pm On Sep 13, 2021
This is gonna be an interesting one!
Re: Road Trip To Tanzania By December by Bifwoli: 2:33am On Sep 14, 2021
samz77:
why not embark on West African countries starting from Benin, Togo, Ghana, ivory Coast, Liberia, Sierra Leone etc very easy route to transverse than east African counterparts u want to embark on. Infact we can go to together
What makes traversing west Africa easier than eastern Africa in your view? Is it easier customs,terrain or other factors ?
Re: Road Trip To Tanzania By December by RuneKingThor: 4:19pm On Sep 22, 2021
A document video uploaded to YouTube please. I love watching travel videos.
Ps; An SUV will be perfect for the trip. I'm saying this cos I can you out of the cars you are asking about only one is an SUV.
Re: Road Trip To Tanzania By December by Bigdre31: 6:46pm On Sep 22, 2021
greatbrian:
HI travel buddies,

A Lexus Rx330 2007

Audi A2 2002

Am so tagging along
Re: Road Trip To Tanzania By December by travelwaka: 11:55pm On Sep 22, 2021
As an Experience traveller. I have navigated some west African countries. The craziest I've ever done is 4 countries in 5 days.
I will suggest, It would be easier if you do not drive. Driving across West African countries requires the right documentation, talkless of non west african countries. You require international drivers license and one other document that permits you to drive on that route. Your Nigerian number plate will attract unnecessary attention. These countries love us as much as they hate us Some of these countries may have security operatives who will try to extort you.
If you are conversant with the country and the language, it may be easy. But I doubt you are. Imagine trying to explain to over 20 security operatives at every road blocks who don't understand your language. Even if you speak. You will be paying every time.

All things being equal it will take about 84 hours if you drive straight from lagos non stop and without traffic and delays, that's 3 days 12 hours.
It will take you an average of 4 days to reach there, without sleeping, if we calculate that you will only drive for 12 hours daily which will not be advisable, it will take you about 8 days.
Please if you have never done this before please plan well.
Let's talk I have always been looking forward to something like this. Who knows let's see if this is feasible

You also have to note that you will be crossing between 4 to 6 country borders. Confirm the border protocols to visiting these countries. Are the borders currently opened??

These are few tips
1. Carry enough cash and most importantly a Dollar Master Card
2. Change some money to dollars there is a chance that you will run out of local currency
3. Get your documents, the most important is passport and yellow fever card
4. If you must travel with people, travel with assets and not liabilities. Someone with experience, knows the local language and the people
5. Always prepare for the worse. Don't ever lose guard
6. Don't get too adventurous on the street foods
7. always have a pack of snacks else you'd always sleep hungry if the food sucks
8. Always ask for the do and don't about the place you visit. Some countries are camera friendly while some ain't. If you must take photos do it codedly
9. Ask for the hot zones at least if you are visiting you know what you are up against.
10. Most importantly enjoy every bit of this adventure.
11. Lastly don't get carried away by the beauties of the African Queens.

greatbrian:
HI travel buddies,

A Lexus Rx330 2007

Audi A2 2002

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Road Trip To Tanzania By December by emmaodet: 12:15am On Sep 23, 2021
greatbrian:
HI travel buddies,

A Lexus Rx330 2007

Audi A2 2002

Hello bro. Pls can we hook up?
I plan traveling to Malabo, Equatorial Guinea by may next year though have been there once early this year and during that time, I plan transiting Cameroun and Gabon.
I plan passing through using ferry from Calabar.
Don’t you think using your personal car will be expensive because I tried using my personal car to ghana for a family vacation with a friend but I realized it will cost us up to 300-400k doing that 2 years ago due to clearance to pass through Benin rep. And Togo borders.
If you need better guidance on this trip, please go to cross country park in Lagos like jibowu or young shall grow and ask the management cost of clearance papers for cars in west or Southern Africa and procedures + cost.
Anyway please keep me informed. I do travel but my major route is nigeria to Abidjan.
I have only been to Malabo, Douala and port-genti by ship.
Please, get in touch with me. I am interested in the trip

1 Like

Re: Road Trip To Tanzania By December by emmaodet: 12:21am On Sep 23, 2021
TarOrfeeek:

Rich people in Nigeria always have this faux Western culture appropriateness.

It's obviously because you eat a decent meal, have a lot of spare cash to burn.

Because by December 6, I'm thinking about my house rent of almost 1.5 million per year.

Which time will I use to explore Ikeja GRA, talk more of Ghana.

All the best in your chosen endeavour.

We are the architect of our life bro.
Rather than struggle to pay the 1.5m annual rent, I will downgrade to a 400k per year rent so as to free up 1.1m for other things including fun. Life is too short to continually paying bills bro.
You prefer high brow area, another person prefers fun. It is all about our scale of preference.
Things I noticed do stress out an average Nigerian are high house rent, expensive school (fees) etc. thereby creating a loop hole in other areas of our lives.
Re: Road Trip To Tanzania By December by emmaodet: 12:31am On Sep 23, 2021
greatbrian:

I use to have this mentality bro, as a fact, am A very busy person but I just don't wanna live life on the definition of an average man. Pay bills, go to work eat sleep make kids and die. And if I wait till I can count a lot of millions in my account before I do the things I see as fun, I might as well go to grave first. No long story, its not going to be an expensive one. But am sure I will come back with a sense of fulfilment that even if I die at the nozzle of the rifle a day after I will go to my creator with a big grin. I hope you get.

Bro. We are in spirit.
I do think like him also before but have changed that mentality.
A lot of Nigerians believe you have to be rich before thinking about vacation/tour but it is not.
Charity starts at home. I started going for little family outings in nigeria like omu resort with family and we are always happy and refreshed.
I am planning UK family visit next year but if I can’t, am using Dubai or South Africa as a fall back plan.
I can’t kill myself abeg.

1 Like

Re: Road Trip To Tanzania By December by emmaodet: 12:42am On Sep 23, 2021
greatbrian:

You seem to be conversant with the route. I read a out the anglophone and francophone issues especially Cameroon and yeah I will pass through CAR from the map study. Am also taking a course to resharpen my French skills.

From experience, Senegal down to Cameroun is the easiest route to go by road in this part of Africa.
Anything from Senegal to North Africa or Cameroun down to Namibia/South Africa or to central Africa to east Africa is always cumbersome.
Bro, I will feel more comfortable with nigeria - Benin-Togo-Ghana-Abidjan-Monrovia-Freetown- Guinea Bissau-Sene-Gambia for a to journey and fro will be through Mail/Bamako through Burkinafaso back.
Believe me, going south or central or east Africa by road from west Africa won’t be a funny journey especially during this COVID-19 time.
A normal ghana trip I do go with 20k to and fro, even less if I use the short cut road is now going for 50/70k due to excessive bribing at the borders and this is even not using your own car.
Think over it bro.
One love

1 Like

Re: Road Trip To Tanzania By December by travelwaka: 12:43am On Sep 23, 2021
emmaodet:

Hello bro. Pls can we hook up?
I plan traveling to Malabo, Equatorial Guinea by may next year though have been there once early this year and during that time, I plan transiting Cameroun and Gabon.
I plan passing through using ferry from Calabar.
Don’t you think using your personal car will be expensive because I tried using my personal car to ghana for a family vacation with a friend but I realized it will cost us up to 300-400k doing that 2 years ago due to clearance to pass through Benin rep. And Togo borders.
If you need better guidance on this trip, please go to cross country park in Lagos like jibowu or young shall grow and ask the management cost of clearance papers for cars in west or Southern Africa and procedures + cost.
Anyway please keep me informed. I do travel but my major route is nigeria to Abidjan.
I have only been to Malabo, Douala and port-genti by ship.
Please, get in touch with me. I am interested in the trip

Respect, you are a real traveller. Traveling by car will cost him a lot and will draw unnecessary attention. I think we should connect, I'm planning some adventurous trips. I need info. Thanks

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Road Trip To Tanzania By December by emmaodet: 12:45am On Sep 23, 2021
samz77:
Exactly my point. I will feel more comfortable on that route than the east/south coast.
I have friends all the way up to Abidjan that will take us round the city and enjoy well well sef.
The west coast will be best for us,I will even go too if he shift the date a bit up because I will be home early December
Re: Road Trip To Tanzania By December by emmaodet: 12:56am On Sep 23, 2021
travelwaka:

Respect, you are a real traveller. Traveling by car will cost him a lot and will draw unnecessary attention. I think we should connect, I'm planning some adventurous trips. I need info. Thanks
You welcome brother. You don’t need to have my contact because you do already.
My family and I were on your family outing to Omu resort March this year. If you still remember, we are the one who came from abeokuta when introducing each other.
I really wish to be in you lacampaigne Tropicana trip around April/may this year but wasn’t around and your program for this December is not really for me.
I will chat you up later.
If am right, am chatting with Mr Leke?
We met at the ikeja city mall where all participants met.
What is the name of your lady friend again sef?
Re: Road Trip To Tanzania By December by emmaodet: 1:04am On Sep 23, 2021
Bifwoli:
What makes traversing west Africa easier than eastern Africa in your view? Is it easier customs,terrain or other factors ?

Many factors bro. The custom/immigration is cumbersome, terrain is another thing.
Also, there is no clear path from nigeria to east or south coast unlike west coast.
There is an international route/ express linking nigeria all the way down to Senegal but you can’t say that for others. It is always one angala to the other. Also, when you are going south, immediately you leave nigeria, there is no other English speaking country until you touch Namibia and that is a damn far area. I won’t even wish my enemy to pass through Angola. Very very dangerous- high restricted to foreigners. If you mistakenly enter you may find yourself there for months without going out of it even probably be in jail sef. Very very restricted.
Most whites I worked with always avoid Angola during posting to work.
So because you will be passing through mostly francophone countries, Spanish and Portuguese, it makes it very hard to tour with the fact that francophone countries don’t like anglophone countries much.
Re: Road Trip To Tanzania By December by travelwaka: 1:30am On Sep 23, 2021
emmaodet:

You welcome brother. You don’t need to have my contact because you do already.
My family and I were on your family outing to Omu resort March this year. If you still remember, we are the one who

Wow that's amazing. See you at the back stage then grin
Re: Road Trip To Tanzania By December by emmaodet: 2:26am On Sep 23, 2021
travelwaka:

Wow that's amazing. See you at the back stage then grin

Aiit bro
Re: Road Trip To Tanzania By December by Sanchez01: 3:39am On Sep 23, 2021
TarOrfeeek:

Because by December 6, I'm thinking about my house rent of almost 1.5 million per year.

You live in a 1.5 million Naira per annum apartment and you are still "thinking" of it when it is about 3 months away. At this point, you don't need anyone to tell you that you're living way above your means.

When it comes to rent, the idea of 'thinking' or worrying should not come in when renewal is close. If it happens, then there is a big problem.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Road Trip To Tanzania By December by badlands: 2:23pm On Oct 18, 2021
travelwaka:
As an Experience traveller. I have navigated some west African countries. The craziest I've ever done is 4 countries in 5 days.
I will suggest, It would be easier if you do not drive. Driving across West African countries requires the right documentation, talkless of non west african countries. You require international drivers license and one other document that permits you to drive on that route. Your Nigerian number plate will attract unnecessary attention. These countries love us as much as they hate us Some of these countries may have security operatives who will try to extort you
11. Lastly don't get carried away by the beauties of the African Queens.

pls, what is the procedure or process for obtaining the international drivers license?
Re: Road Trip To Tanzania By December by Reeses: 2:01pm On Oct 21, 2021
TarOrfeeek:

By the time you realize that life is too short and you don’t really need to be rich before you engage in such things
Re: Road Trip To Tanzania By December by Reeses: 2:06pm On Oct 21, 2021
greatbrian:
HI travel buddies,

A Lexus Rx330 2007

Audi A2 2002

Now yll are talking this is what life is meant to be have fun bro and will advice you to watch couple videos on YouTube about necessary tools that you will need for your adventures.
Re: Road Trip To Tanzania By December by Reeses: 2:10pm On Oct 21, 2021
Make sure you go with at least 1 or 2 other people along with you it will make your journey much fun and easier as well.
Re: Road Trip To Tanzania By December by Reeses: 2:16pm On Oct 21, 2021
samz77:
Bro this is a better suggestion take this one please.
Re: Road Trip To Tanzania By December by kenny714433(m): 10:57pm On Oct 21, 2021
How much can I pay to join you in this trip? I'll be useful in keeping the well documented diary, and your travel companion.
Re: Road Trip To Tanzania By December by dnapstar(m): 4:05pm On Oct 29, 2021
I am interested if there is a plan.

Was planning a trip to Cameroon(was there in 2005 to 2006) and Equatorial Guinea.

Is there a WhatsApp group?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Is This UKVI Service Fee-£55 / Surviving In America With No Relatives/friends:please Give Us Your Experience? / Warning: Disturbing Images, The Horror Of Attempting Europe By Land.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.