Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,165 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:56 AM

Laptop Fan Sounds Like Grinding Machine - Computers (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Laptop Fan Sounds Like Grinding Machine (18009 Views)

How To Fix A Laptop Fan Issues Overheating Not Blowing Intermittent Shutdown…. / My HP Laptop Fan Is Having Issues / I Need A Solution To Noisy Sound Laptop Fan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Laptop Fan Sounds Like Grinding Machine by Oweku: 7:58pm On Sep 11, 2021
Am a Professional IT technician... If u can change d fan, fine... If not use a blower dust don dey meeting inside..
Re: Laptop Fan Sounds Like Grinding Machine by Cj4charles(m): 7:58pm On Sep 11, 2021
grin
Re: Laptop Fan Sounds Like Grinding Machine by Paswill(m): 8:01pm On Sep 11, 2021
Re: Laptop Fan Sounds Like Grinding Machine by Starpro87(m): 8:02pm On Sep 11, 2021
Likely dust accumulation.
Mine stopped on its own.

Tolzy11:
My HP Laptop of recent, when turned on without even doing anything or when I lift it up, it gives me a grinding machine sound until I hit or slap the back it won't stop making such sound .
Please, what can I do ?
Re: Laptop Fan Sounds Like Grinding Machine by ultimate77(m): 8:03pm On Sep 11, 2021
Tolzy11:
My HP Laptop of recent, when turned on without even doing anything or when I lift it up, it gives me a grinding machine sound until I hit or slap the back it won't stop making such sound .
Please, what can I do ?

You funny o. If it's still working, let a technician adjust the sitting. Cheers!!
Re: Laptop Fan Sounds Like Grinding Machine by Hamzatgodfirst(m): 8:04pm On Sep 11, 2021
Check the back of the laptop, something might be hooked to the fan blade. Dust it out and it should work well... If not, look for an engineer to help you check it out. Its nothing that serious

1 Like

Re: Laptop Fan Sounds Like Grinding Machine by seyz91(m): 8:04pm On Sep 11, 2021
Your English too much grin

Just tell am to go give laptop technician period undecided

No use your English add more problem to the guy laptop problem already

Naija problem itself won choke us
post=105721356:
Sounds like a grading machine kwa
Abeg make we laff first.....

We are coming back with the solution after dis laffta,
Pls bear with us.

Grinding machine kwa cheesy

grin cheesy wink

Now, on a serious note.
Here is your Solution :
Loud laptop fans mean heat; if your fans are always loud then that means your laptop is always hot.
Dust and hair buildup are unavoidable, and only serves to reduce airflow. Reduced airflow means poor heat dissipation, so you'll need to physically clean the machine to make things better.
To clean your machine, you'll need a can of compressed air, a screwdriver to open your laptop, and patience.
You should also use an anti-static wristband and unplug your machine from the power (and if possible, remove the battery) to avoid damaging the internals or yourself with static electricity.
Use the air in short bursts to remove dust and hair from the internal components, particularly around fans and heatsinks.
Take the time to read our thorough laptop cleaning guide which covers ports, vents, and internals

All the very best!
We Rise.
Re: Laptop Fan Sounds Like Grinding Machine by Karleb(m): 8:04pm On Sep 11, 2021
grin grin
Re: Laptop Fan Sounds Like Grinding Machine by Crazeworld(m): 8:05pm On Sep 11, 2021
SportsHD:
The fan compound has accumulated dust or particles. Try and use a air cannister to clean it.
What does it look like and where can I get one please?
Re: Laptop Fan Sounds Like Grinding Machine by adehsenior(m): 8:06pm On Sep 11, 2021
Tolzy11:
Please, what can I do ?

When you hibernate your laptop instead of shutting it down completely after sometimes the fan begins to make such noise, it could also be that dust have accumulated in the fan compartment.
Re: Laptop Fan Sounds Like Grinding Machine by PisciMan: 8:07pm On Sep 11, 2021
Dust.
Re: Laptop Fan Sounds Like Grinding Machine by abbeynism(m): 8:08pm On Sep 11, 2021
Just clean the fan. If that fails then you need to change the fan. Simple.
Re: Laptop Fan Sounds Like Grinding Machine by seyz91(m): 8:08pm On Sep 11, 2021
cheesy abi na
post=105721356:

Pls bear with us.

grin cheesy wink

Now, on a serious note.
Here is your Solution :
Loud laptop fans mean heat; if your fans are always loud then that means your laptop is always hot.
Dust and hair buildup are unavoidable, and only serves to reduce airflow. Reduced airflow means poor heat dissipation, so you'll need to physically clean the machine to make things better.
To clean your machine, you'll need a can of compressed air, a screwdriver to open your laptop, and patience.
You should also use an anti-static wristband and unplug your machine from the power (and if possible, remove the battery) to avoid damaging the internals or yourself with static electricity.
Use the air in short bursts to remove dust and hair from the internal components, particularly around fans and heatsinks.
Take the time to read our thorough laptop cleaning guide which covers ports, vents, and internals

All the very best!
We Rise.

Hehehehe grin cheesy wink.
Okay OP,
Carry ur laptop go computer village for Ikeja o,
Na for dere we learn work finish!
Up Nigeria.
Re: Laptop Fan Sounds Like Grinding Machine by Udoboss(m): 8:09pm On Sep 11, 2021
I even dey find laptop to facilitate my online skills....make person dash Me na
Re: Laptop Fan Sounds Like Grinding Machine by greggng: 8:11pm On Sep 11, 2021
Tolzy11:
Please, what can I do ?

Give it to laptop technician to look into the fan ....it might not require replacement but just oiling ....infact they know what to do . Worse case you replace the fan
Re: Laptop Fan Sounds Like Grinding Machine by oluwaseyi0: 8:13pm On Sep 11, 2021
post=105721356:

Pls bear with us.

grin cheesy wink

Now, on a serious note.
Here is your Solution :

All the very best!
We Rise.

Okay OP,
Up Nigeria.
This is so impressive especially from someone who is probably not from tech or hardware background but food and hospitality
Re: Laptop Fan Sounds Like Grinding Machine by Distudramus: 8:15pm On Sep 11, 2021
Call/WhatsApp me for your laptop problems
Re: Laptop Fan Sounds Like Grinding Machine by midolian(m): 8:16pm On Sep 11, 2021
Tolzy11:
Please, what can I do ?
From experience, there are two things involved. It could be that there is too much dust inside (which is the most like problem)..or the fan is bad, which can easily be replaced. Don't worry yourself. I fixed mine a few months ago. Same problem
Re: Laptop Fan Sounds Like Grinding Machine by femiasaolu2014: 8:18pm On Sep 11, 2021
Stop slamming your laptop. You could damage it.

Apply thermal paste to your laptop, as since your fan is still turning, it's not the issue with the fan, it only increases because it is overworking trying to cool it down.

Read this write-up to understand how to do it. https://www.instructables.com/How-to-Clean-Laptop-Fan-and-Apply-Thermal-Paste-on/
Re: Laptop Fan Sounds Like Grinding Machine by CXLVII: 8:25pm On Sep 11, 2021
Change the spark plugs
Re: Laptop Fan Sounds Like Grinding Machine by damosade(m): 8:27pm On Sep 11, 2021
Oga Na dust.. Or something entered unnoticed.
Re: Laptop Fan Sounds Like Grinding Machine by redcliff: 8:28pm On Sep 11, 2021
post=105721356:

Pls bear with us.

grin cheesy wink

Now, on a serious note.
Here is your Solution :

All the very best!
We Rise.

Okay OP,
Up Nigeria.

It is okay when you do not have to comment on every thread. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Laptop Fan Sounds Like Grinding Machine by redcliff: 8:29pm On Sep 11, 2021
oluwaseyi0:

This is so impressive especially from someone who is probably not from tech or hardware background but food and hospitality

copy and paste? I would be surprised if its not you who owns the moniker you are quoting.

1 Like

Re: Laptop Fan Sounds Like Grinding Machine by OkuFaba(m): 8:30pm On Sep 11, 2021
HEAVEN4444:
do you use your laptop on your bed ? it has accumulated so much fabric dust. do a professional blowing job into it
professional BLOWJØB

Re: Laptop Fan Sounds Like Grinding Machine by Jonegonu: 8:32pm On Sep 11, 2021
Tolzy11:
Please, what can I do ?
take it technician the fan bearing is bad
Re: Laptop Fan Sounds Like Grinding Machine by Lilpen3758: 8:32pm On Sep 11, 2021
Tolzy11:
Please, what can I do ?
bro everyone and everything is grinding for this buhari regime
Re: Laptop Fan Sounds Like Grinding Machine by Samken2: 8:33pm On Sep 11, 2021
How can I know a original laptop
Re: Laptop Fan Sounds Like Grinding Machine by jidexpet(m): 8:38pm On Sep 11, 2021
How much to grind beans
Re: Laptop Fan Sounds Like Grinding Machine by clems88(m): 8:48pm On Sep 11, 2021
MrWondah:
My guy use the Dan turn AC. Construct ice block pack underneath, then place your laptop on it. Connect another series of long pipe all over your room. Each time you power your laptop your room go dey cool
lol grin
Re: Laptop Fan Sounds Like Grinding Machine by seunlier(m): 8:50pm On Sep 11, 2021
I had similar issue few years back and I actually gave a technician but it started after some few days again so I googled solutions and discovered that after cleaning the fan then adding sewing machine oil it stopped stressing me pls don't waste ur money by changing the fan and if u can't fix ursef make sure the technician uses sewing machine oil trust me it works goodluck

1 Like

Re: Laptop Fan Sounds Like Grinding Machine by Edusouls(m): 8:55pm On Sep 11, 2021
Ur laptop is dying is on borrowed life, save money for another one..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

HP Elitebook 840 G1 Intel Corei5 500gb 4gb RAM / Yahclick Internet Service / MTN 3G Vs Glo: For Internet Access

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.