Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,124 members, 7,821,853 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:10 PM

Forgiveness Does Not Require Reconnection (non Fiction) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Forgiveness Does Not Require Reconnection (non Fiction) (199 Views)

Difference Between Praying For Forgiveness Of Sin And Repentance / Mike Bamiloye Makes Shocking Confession, Seeks Wife’s Forgiveness (full Details) / Kemi Olunloyo Begs For Forgiveness As She Testifies In Church (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Forgiveness Does Not Require Reconnection (non Fiction) by AFONAMARO: 9:02am On Sep 10, 2021
About four years ago, I met Pat through a mutual friend and we all got along like pals.

I later found out that Pat has an untapped skill (passion for cooking), and damn! Pat can cook away your soul.

During one of our Management Staff Trainings in my former place of work, we needed someone to offer catering services and I felt that was a better opportunity to affirm Pat's catering ability as well as rendering a helping hand to nurture her passion.

I reached out Pat and asked if she can provide lunch for about 50 persons and what the cost implication would look like. She gave me a quotation which I didn't bother to haggle since I was on about supporting a friend to turn her passion (skill) into money.

Agreement was reached and Pat supplied the meal accordingly. Believe you me, that was one of the best Party Jollof Rice I had eaten all my adult life. I mean, my colleagues including me, asked for extra meal as it was well prepared and tasty like a beautiful woman laced with good morals, character and armed with a coke bottle shape.

After that event, I conveyed Management's regards to Pat for a job well done and I was elated to have helped a friend.

Then, during a seminar organized for two states (Rivers and Akwa Ibom), caterers were asked to submit bids to handle catering services for about a thousand (1,000) persons, and being among the Committee appointed to handke staff welfare, I lobbied for Pat to get the contract, which she got as I got the backing of my co-committe members from PH Branch, who had tasted her meal.

However, that was the biggest mistake of my life that ended up putting me in the bad books of my then boss, which led to bad blood between my boss and I as we are no longer close and have not spoken for about a year plus.

On the day of the event, Pat did not only ran late, but only supplied meal for about 400 persons as against 1,000 we paid for. My phone kept ringing as I was the person who knew her one on one and had pushed for her to get the contract.

Pat switched off her devices to ensure I could not reach her. Only God knew how I managed the situation and sorted meals for the remaining 600 persons.

When the event was over, I was summoned by Management to explain why I brought someone to dupe Management during the event, and why disciplinary measures should not be taken against me.

I was made to refund the money for the 600 persons Pat did not feed during the event, which I did from my purse.

FAST FORWARD TO NOW

For few days now, Pat has been calling me to assist her with just 3,000 or thereabout. I have not been taking her calls neither am I willing to help her.

You know, nice people do have a breaking point, and I have reached that point with Pat.

Your ability might take you to the top, but it takes character to keep you there.

Amongst the three known Angels (Michael, Gabriel and Bright Morning Star), The Bright Morning Star (Lucifer) was gifted with all the musical prowess and tunes inside of his belly, as he can move mountains with his singing abilities. But instead of allowing praise and worship to be rendered through him to God, he wanted the praise and worship to come to him. And he lost his place.

Be careful how you handle your abilities and the people positioned by God to assist you nurture those abilities.

Never trade what you desire most for what you want at the moment!!!

(1) (Reply)

Hired Assassins Almost Killed Wrong Man! Always Pray Before Leaving Home. / Living A Victorious Christian Life! / What Do You Think About This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.