Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,519 members, 7,812,612 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:13 PM

Battlefield 3: Best Game To Be Released? - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Battlefield 3: Best Game To Be Released? (6790 Views)

Best Android Game To Play Right Now Top 5 Hd by chester / Whats Ur Best Game On Ps3 / The Best Game You've Ever Played (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Battlefield 3: Best Game To Be Released? by tboy1(m): 1:15pm On May 24, 2011
OK i have been a fan of MOH & COD but recently found out about battlefield this year and OMG i feel i've been playing kiddies games (MOH & COD) all this while. Since i started playing Battlefield 2: Bad Company i have not even touched my blackops  grin
Which brings me to the topic to introduce you the best 'first person shooter' game (to be released at the end of the year) but for now enjoy the trailers and the gamplays

[flash=425,344]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ri_szIfDAyU[/flash]
Re: Battlefield 3: Best Game To Be Released? by Bawss1(m): 3:20pm On May 24, 2011
Nice trailers.

How are we to rate the best FSP here? Is it by the numbers that the games sell upon release, or the storyline and gameplay? I ask because COD usually comes out tops by those criteria. It will be interesting to see how Battlefield 3 will fare against COD Modern Warfare 3 when they are both released later in the year.
Re: Battlefield 3: Best Game To Be Released? by Bawss1(m): 3:36pm On May 24, 2011
I must say gamers are in for a treat this year. Going by the trailers that the OP put up then BF3 should be a great game to play. The visuals are almost life-like. Sweet
Re: Battlefield 3: Best Game To Be Released? by tboy1(m): 3:43pm On May 24, 2011
Bawss1:

Nice trailers.

How are we to rate the best FSP here? Is it by the numbers that the games sell upon release, or the storyline and gameplay? I ask because COD usually comes out tops by those criteria. It will be interesting to see how Battlefield 3 will fare against COD Modern Warfare 3 when they are both release later in the year.

Overall it is usually the number of games sold so COD always win. The reason COD wins is because BF3 is not known by most people. If [b]ANY [/b]COD fan plays battlefield i promise you they will swap over asap. No FPS game is more realistic than battlefield e.g you cant hide behind a wall, either the gunfire destroys the wall or the tanker blows you away with that wall you're hiding behind, its really like you're really in a battlefield and no where hide. DICE's main goal is to advertise this game as much as they can, if they achieve that BF3 will blow CoD out of the water
Re: Battlefield 3: Best Game To Be Released? by Bawss1(m): 4:14pm On May 24, 2011
Well, lets see how well the guys at DICE and EA can 'out-market' Activision. EA's John Riccitiello is quoted on the game's Wikipedia page as saying "This November, we're launching Battlefield 3. It's going up against the next Call of Duty, which is presently the #1 game in the game industry,." "A game that last year did $400 million dollars in revenue on day one. Battlefield 3 is designed to take that game down."

It will be interesting to see how both games will fare given that they'll be out around the same time. O boy o boy o boy cheesy
Re: Battlefield 3: Best Game To Be Released? by tboy1(m): 4:23pm On May 24, 2011
Loads of gamers GFs and wives will be very unhappy around when this two games will be released  grin grin
Re: Battlefield 3: Best Game To Be Released? by ritchboy(m): 1:05am On May 25, 2011
I've had Bad Company(360) for like 6 months now and i'm still in the 3rd mission cheesy

Really, i put it in, played it for about an hour, took it out, and i haven't looked back since! grin grin

Haven't tried the multiplayer either, i herad it's good cheesy
Re: Battlefield 3: Best Game To Be Released? by tboy1(m): 10:39am On May 25, 2011
Multiplayer is too addictive. . . cant remember when last i played in campaign mode, always multiplayer. Use the Gaming headset when playing online with other people and its all so frighteningly real grin
Re: Battlefield 3: Best Game To Be Released? by Bawss1(m): 10:45am On May 25, 2011
Alas its campaign mode for most gamers here in Nigeria. sad
Re: Battlefield 3: Best Game To Be Released? by ritchboy(m): 12:53pm On May 25, 2011
tboy1:

Multiplayer is too addictive. . . cant remember when last i played in campaign mode, always multiplayer. Use the Gaming headset when playing online with other people and its all so frighteningly real  grin

If an FPS isn't fun in online multiplayer mode the devs should be taken out back and shot. You simply can't go wrong there!

I'm just not feeling WW2 games anymore. Battlefield 3 is a modern warfare game, right?
Re: Battlefield 3: Best Game To Be Released? by tboy1(m): 1:10pm On May 25, 2011
ritchboy:

If an FPS isn't fun in online multiplayer mode the devs should be taken out back and shot. You simply can't go wrong there!

I'm just not feeling WW2 games anymore. Battlefield 3 is a modern warfare game, right?
Agree with the online multiplayer comment, thats where most gamers spend their time once they've finished the campaign mode

P.S:
Battlefield3 is the soon to be released game from Battlefield Franchise, the previous game before Battlefield3 is released is Battlefield2: Bad Company

ModernWarfare3[MW3] is the soon to be released game from COD Franchise, the previous game before ModernWarfare3[MW3] is released is COD: Black Ops
Re: Battlefield 3: Best Game To Be Released? by tboy1(m): 1:11pm On May 25, 2011
Bawss1:

Alas its campaign mode for most gamers here in Nigeria. sad

Go and protest to you ISP wink
Re: Battlefield 3: Best Game To Be Released? by Bawss1(m): 2:57pm On May 25, 2011
^ If only that will solve the problem.

@Ritchboy
Is anyone still making WW2 games these days? Thats like a played out genre if you ask me.
Re: Battlefield 3: Best Game To Be Released? by ritchboy(m): 9:20am On May 26, 2011
tboy1:

P.S:
Battlefield3 is the soon to be released game from Battlefield Franchise, the previous game before Battlefield3 is released is Battlefield2: Bad Company

ModernWarfare3[MW3] is the soon to be released game from COD Franchise, the previous game before ModernWarfare3[MW3] is released is COD: Black Ops

Hehehe, when i said "modern warfare" i meant the era, as in post World War 2. You know, predator drones, EMP bombs, the whole shebang, though i appreciate the clarification cheesy

Bawss1:

@Ritchboy
Is anyone still making WW2 games these days? Thats like a played out genre if you ask me.

I popped Bad Company 2 back in for the first time in ages and i just realized only the first mission is set in WW2! grin grin grin

I actually stopped at the second level, not the third as i said earlier. Silly me! cheesy
Re: Battlefield 3: Best Game To Be Released? by Nobody: 12:33pm On May 29, 2011
Sure, they will keep releasing more, to enjoy graphics, just get XBOX 360, i only switch on My PS3 for Soccer, but when it comes to Battle games, XBOX 360 all the way
Re: Battlefield 3: Best Game To Be Released? by Nobody: 12:40pm On May 29, 2011
And also, please if you have a good Gaming laptop, join me at "Vatsim" google it, but you need to get FSX install on ur laptop b4 you enjoy the online network with vatsim for free, join lets promote African Airports, expecially Nigeria international Airporst, there is Hardly pilots flying online there, due to lack of ATC, you can either join as a pilot which allows you to fly, just like in real world and fly different kinda planes, be it passenger or cargo, or you can join ATC where you direct traffics, trust me, once you go FSX on Vatsim, you never look back
Re: Battlefield 3: Best Game To Be Released? by EvilBrain1(m): 1:46pm On May 29, 2011
The best thing about BF3 is that it was designed originally for the PC and then ported down to the consoles. That means that unlike other games, its not limited by the 7 year old technology in the consoles. The PC version supports 64 man multiplayer multiplayer for instance while the maximum on consoles is 24.

I'm tired of COD. The original Modern Warfare was a brilliant game but since then, they've completely stagnated. Bad Company 2 was head and shoulders above Black Ops in every way, so if Dice can continue improving and marketing their games they should be able to unseat COD as the top selling FPS series.
Re: Battlefield 3: Best Game To Be Released? by Nobody: 2:26pm On May 29, 2011
Honestly, i believe that EA still lacks those subtle marketing tactics that Activision employs and that is what is going to lead to the downfall of BF3, even though it might end up being the better game than MW3.

Let me explain a little. Just take a look at the MW3 reveal trailer, right before the logo changes to MW3, it actually says WW3. Now let me explain to y'all the effect that little stunt had on me. I decided not to give my time to COD again but just the mere thought of world war 3 sent down chills through my spine and in that instance, i decided that i 'll be picking up MW3. It might seem like nothing but that little stunt has gotten lots of guys i know, speculating on how the world war 3 would play out and you know what that means, people rushing out on release day to pick up MW3 just to experience it. EA lacks such stunt.

Secondly, Dice has to step it's weapon designing game up. I couldn't just finish Bad Company 2 because the gun design was just horrible, staring at those ugly guns for the whole campaign was a big NO for me, so the effect i ended up skipping BC2. In the call of duty games, serious attention are being paid to the gun design, reloading animation, the gloves they wear and all that stuff, considering that these are what you would be staring at 90 percent of the time but the reverse is the case in EA produced shooters. The loading animations in Medal of Honor 2010 were just haphazardly done and ugly.

The rate at which events take place in COD also gives insight on why it's fans keep coming back. Though scripted, the events are quick, frantic and entertaining as it happens, coupled with heavy sounds of military choppers or vehicles passing by, grenades going off left and right while soldiers call out each other every 5 seconds. Something that BC2 lacked, with it's combat looking more like skirmishes and boring.

While i believe that BF3 might end up the better game, i believe Dice and EA need to do more to even pull a fraction of the COD crowd.

Bawss1:

^ If only that will solve the problem.

@Ritchboy

I think you might wanna check out the upcoming Red Orchestra 2. It's WW2 and it looks sick.
Re: Battlefield 3: Best Game To Be Released? by heryyy(m): 3:00pm On May 29, 2011
I'm a die hard fan of COD but wow battlefield seems to be more interesting, can't wait to grab my copy,i really hope COD takes up the challenge smiley
Re: Battlefield 3: Best Game To Be Released? by Nobody: 4:11pm On May 29, 2011
Bandit C.:

Honestly, i believe that EA still lacks those subtle marketing tactics that Activision employs and that is what is going to lead to the downfall of BF3, even though it might end up being the better game than MW3.

Let me explain a little. Just take a look at the MW3 reveal trailer, right before the logo changes to MW3, it actually says WW3. Now let me explain to y'all the effect that little stunt had on me. I decided not to give my time to COD again but just the mere thought of world war 3 sent down chills through my spine and in that instance, i decided that i 'll be picking up MW3. It might seem like nothing but that little stunt has gotten lots of guys i know, speculating on how the world war 3 would play out and you know what that means, people rushing out on release day to pick up MW3 just to experience it. EA lacks such stunt.

Secondly, Dice has to step it's weapon designing game up. I couldn't just finish Bad Company 2 because the gun design was just horrible, staring at those ugly guns for the whole campaign was a big NO for me, so the effect i ended up skipping BC2. In the call of duty games, serious attention are being paid to the gun design, reloading animation, the gloves they wear and all that stuff, considering that these are what you would be staring at 90 percent of the time but the reverse is the case in EA produced shooters. The loading animations in Medal of Honor 2010 were just haphazardly done and ugly.

The rate at which events take place in COD also gives insight on why it's fans keep coming back. Though scripted, the events are quick, frantic and entertaining as it happens, coupled with heavy sounds of military choppers or vehicles passing by, grenades going off left and right while soldiers call out each other every 5 seconds. Something that BC2 lacked, with it's combat looking more like skirmishes and boring.

While i believe that BF3 might end up the better game, i believe Dice and EA need to do more to even pull a fraction of the COD crowd.

I think you might wanna check out the upcoming Red Orchestra 2. It's WW2 and it looks sick.

I seriouly disagreed with you, COD is leading now all the way
Re: Battlefield 3: Best Game To Be Released? by gdini2003: 5:06pm On May 29, 2011
COD Modern Warfare 2 soundtrack was scored by Hans Zimmer. Academy award winning composer.
Re: Battlefield 3: Best Game To Be Released? by Nobody: 5:29pm On May 29, 2011
odiaero:

I seriouly disagreed with you, COD is leading now all the way

Odiaero, what part of my post do you not agree with? Please elaborate. What do you mean with COD leading all the way?
Re: Battlefield 3: Best Game To Be Released? by tboy1(m): 6:10pm On May 29, 2011
Bandit C.:

Agreed
Re: Battlefield 3: Best Game To Be Released? by Nobody: 6:11pm On May 29, 2011
Bandit C.:

Odiaero, what part of my post do you not agree with? Please elaborate. What do you mean with COD leading all the way?

My bad, i was actually kissing when i was replying this thread, sorry, i thought you were saying COD wont last, now i see well now, lol, my bad
Re: Battlefield 3: Best Game To Be Released? by Nobody: 6:23pm On May 29, 2011
odiaero:

My bad, i was actually kissing when i was replying this thread, sorry, i thought you were saying COD wont last, now i see well now, lol, my bad

Lol. It's alright bro.
Re: Battlefield 3: Best Game To Be Released? by shotster50(m): 10:01pm On May 29, 2011
It would be hard for any game to top the COD series, They have steadily built up quite a strong loyal fanbase over the years. Nevertheless I think the competition is quite good for gamers.
Re: Battlefield 3: Best Game To Be Released? by Konjour(m): 11:56pm On May 29, 2011
Battlefield II(Bad company) is still the best first-person game i'v ever played in my entire life. Its just super-awesome. I've finished it in the Easy,

Normal and the Veterans' mode and i'm still wishing there was some more. The only kill-joy its giving me is the fact that the storyline looks very, very

short to me, perhaps cuz i'm through with it, though i often play it all over again anytime i feel bored. I've played a host of them COD and Metal Gear

series, but Battlefield II remains unequalled by quite a large gap. The prospect of a Battlefield III only makes it more exciting and unbelievable. The only

one that comes close for me is the God of war III (Trilogy). But overall, Sweets, Hags, Marlowe and Sarge are the best! Now,you're gonna make wanna

go play me some more battlefield! OORAH!!!!!!!!! wink wink wink
Re: Battlefield 3: Best Game To Be Released? by donugapi(m): 1:58pm On May 30, 2011
I've got both series, I got tired of Battlefield II half way thru and I dumped it ever since,  My opinion, COD games are better. These previews look nice tho. I'm definitely getting them all,  Socom, cod, moh, battlefield any fps coming out, i'm gettin cos that seems to be the only thing that appeals to me nowadays

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cq4SJc4obes&feature=related
Re: Battlefield 3: Best Game To Be Released? by tboy1(m): 2:39pm On May 30, 2011
donugapi:

I've got both series, I got tired of Battlefield II half way thru and I dumped it ever since,  My opinion, COD games are better. These previews look nice tho. I'm definitely getting them all,  Socom, cod, moh, battlefield any fps coming out, i'm gettin cos that seems to be the only thing that appeals to me nowadays

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cq4SJc4obes&feature=related

Why did you dump it?
Re: Battlefield 3: Best Game To Be Released? by sosilly1(m): 3:31pm On May 30, 2011
Hhmmmm,  I must have played a bad copy of BFII, off to GAME to complain angry

Things I liked about BF2

1- You cannot hide behind cover for long
2- Online multiplayer

Things I didn't like about BF2

1- Targeting using RPG, Tanks and grenade launchers was iffy to say the least

2- Weapons, especially the Shotguns, were unrealistic, they can only be used/effective in CQB. This is not the case in BFII, Shotguns are effective regardless of range/distance.

3- So many glitches - people get stuck in walls, enemies just pop out, they hold their throat regardless of where they are shot, squad members stand around to crack silly jokes and you have to wait for them to finish before moving on and so on.

4- Too many cut scenes and a not so impressive plot.

5- Way too easy - ammunition dumps and explosive barrels pretty much everywhere.

6- Playing on veteran had little diference on game experience. The enemies simply required an extra shot! You dont get overwhelmed in number, AI or firepower.

7- Graphics for a 2010/2011 game was not up to par

8- You can only stand or crouch, cant crawl/creep. The video for BF3 shows you can do so this time.

Guess I'll leave it at that!  tongue

Still, the preview for BF3 looks top notch and very different from BF2. I'm looking forward to my winter holidays - BF3, GOW 3 and COD:MW3 cool.

I play mostly FPS and Racing games as a result have a few games to compare and expect a lot for my £39.99. For me, BF2 was nowhere as good as COD:MW2 or GOW 2 for that matter and I found that tasking. GOW 2 was like a bad action movie that just would not end!!

I can only think I got sold a bad copy!
Re: Battlefield 3: Best Game To Be Released? by ritchboy(m): 7:56pm On May 30, 2011
^^ My sentiments exactly! I just recently started playing the game(no thanks to this thread) and i can already relate to your list of cons, though i think the graphics are decent for a shoot-em-up.

It's not that Bad Company 2 is a bad game, it's just not as good as the competition(and there is A LOT of competition).

The million dollar question is: Why should i spend time playing it when i could be playing Halo, CoD or GoW instead? Destructible cover? cheesy

Sorry, but there's penetrable cover in CoD! grin
Re: Battlefield 3: Best Game To Be Released? by Bawss1(m): 2:26pm On May 31, 2011
Bandit C.:

You have to admit though that a plot based on WW3 is anything but original.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PC Games Of (20GB Above) for 1k5 Giveaway Sale!!! Lagos Connect!!! / Xbox Live Gamertags / Official Nintendo Wii Softmod Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.