Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,047 members, 7,814,591 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:45 PM

Federal Fire Service Threatens To Withdraw Firemen After Attack In Kogi - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Federal Fire Service Threatens To Withdraw Firemen After Attack In Kogi (11895 Views)

Buhari Approves Appointment Of Liman Ibrahim, New Federal Fire Service Boss / Buhari Appoints New Acting Controller General, Federal Fire Service / Federal Fire Service Throwing Up Water To Cool Down Supporters Of PMB In Borno (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Federal Fire Service Threatens To Withdraw Firemen After Attack In Kogi by Gfskw: 2:23am On Sep 11, 2021
Really
Re: Federal Fire Service Threatens To Withdraw Firemen After Attack In Kogi by Mchearan: 3:50am On Sep 11, 2021
Praxis758:

You mean their national headquarters in Abuja. Those pics can only be seen in Abuja.

I'll be glad if you can mention FFS state offices in the state capitals and how equipped they are..

Does it mean any fire outbreak in my home town in Akoko, Ondo state should be at the mercy of FFS station which is about 52miles from Akure?

Here in the US, fire service are owned and fully operated by cities/towns. Even states do not own them and you see their stations in every 8-10 miles apart
Re: Federal Fire Service Threatens To Withdraw Firemen After Attack In Kogi by Mchearan: 4:10am On Sep 11, 2021
[quote author=Praxis758 post=105694642]

Re: Federal Fire Service Threatens To Withdraw Firemen After Attack In Kogi by Mchearan: 4:20am On Sep 11, 2021
Praxis758:

Can you boldly furnish us their active state addresses nation wide?

Are the state capitals the only places that are probes to fire outbreak?

Should those towns that's are hundreds of miles from the state capitals be left to their fate in a fire emergency?
Re: Federal Fire Service Threatens To Withdraw Firemen After Attack In Kogi by Enyimbamercedes: 4:51am On Sep 11, 2021
Mchearan:

No, an innocent civilian will never attack a fire truck. Who knows, you might find yourself in the service or your relatives one day.. when you get beaten by hoodlums in a situation where you are just trying to display what you are being paid for and trying to save lives and properties. Then we can still come back here and talk about being humane

A bullet released from the barrel of a gun does not discriminate between the attackers and innocent bystanders!

Read my post carefully! I do not agree that fire fighters be given arms! Simple!
Re: Federal Fire Service Threatens To Withdraw Firemen After Attack In Kogi by Reelz: 7:40am On Sep 11, 2021
Mchearan:

I've answered this earlier, it's not the statutory responsibility of the Federal Fire Service to established Fire stations in other towns and villages. That's the responsibility of the government. Federal Fire Service workers are also government employees. Their aim is to make a request of what they need while the responsibility of the government is to honour their request. But I'm very sure the little support the Federal government is giving them are well utilised. Federal Fire Service will never go to Fire scene with little or no water in the Appliance Popularly known as Fire truck and will never provide you excuses for not coming to fire scene like no fuel or no water. Remember their is Federal Fire Service and their are state fire services. Try to know the difference
strong opinions u got.. no doubt, u must be a fireman.

1 Like

Re: Federal Fire Service Threatens To Withdraw Firemen After Attack In Kogi by Nobody: 8:07am On Sep 11, 2021
Fire service in Nigeria? What is their job?
Re: Federal Fire Service Threatens To Withdraw Firemen After Attack In Kogi by Mchearan: 8:40am On Sep 11, 2021
HedwigesMaduro:
Fire service in Nigeria? What is their job?
Re: Federal Fire Service Threatens To Withdraw Firemen After Attack In Kogi by Nobody: 9:37am On Sep 11, 2021
Mchearan:

To ensure safety of lives and properties by extinguishing, control and prevention of fire outbreak through Regulation, Training, Enforcement, Public Enlightenment Programmes and impact reduction during emergencies through adequate preparedness.

Sorry pls did you get this from the actions and activity of the Nigerian fire service, or through a quick Google of the work manual of the New York City Fire Department?
Re: Federal Fire Service Threatens To Withdraw Firemen After Attack In Kogi by Praxis758: 12:15pm On Sep 11, 2021
Mchearan:

I've answered this earlier, it's not the statutory responsibility of the Federal Fire Service to established Fire stations in other towns and villages. That's the responsibility of the government. Federal Fire Service workers are also government employees. Their aim is to make a request of what they need while the responsibility of the government is to honour their request. But I'm very sure the little support the Federal government is giving them are well utilised. Federal Fire Service will never go to Fire scene with little or no water in the Appliance Popularly known as Fire truck and will never provide you excuses for not coming to fire scene like no fuel or no water. Remember their is Federal Fire Service and their are state fire services. Try to know the difference

In a true federalistic state like ours, FFS is not needed. SFS more honourable than FFS because of distance, peculiarities, monitoring and spread.

The aim of those who design FFS is for quota system and nothing else. State Fire Service would do more profits because of its closeness to the grass root and close monitoring/supervision.

Here in the US, what you have is city or town fire service. I've not heard of the state where I leave owning or controlling a fire station. One of the reasons for this is the peculiarlies and realities of each and difference states, towns and cities.

For example, states like California, Arizona, New Mexico and Las Vegas who are all in desert are more prone to fire outbreaks than those with extremely cold weather.
Re: Federal Fire Service Threatens To Withdraw Firemen After Attack In Kogi by Praxis758: 12:23pm On Sep 11, 2021
Mchearan:

Yea, I'm glad you want to learn.
Firstly those pictures but one are not from Service headquarters in Abuja.
Secondly, FFS state offices except from FCT, Lagos, Oyo, Osun, Niger State, and Kano are located in all Federal Secretariat of each state and they are all equipped and functioning. Only those mentioned states has multiple stations. And infact Lagos state has more than 10 Federal Fire Service stations in Multiple Locations
Thirdly, It's not the responsibility of the Federal Fire Service to establish their stations in Many locations in the Cities but the responsibility of the government. Federal Fire Service workers are just employees of the Federal government. Blame that on FGN. Or are they to use their salaries to build fire stations everywhere?

We live to learn daily.

You've just educated me.

I never meant to criticise them but to me more enlightened about their modus operandi.

Thanks.
Re: Federal Fire Service Threatens To Withdraw Firemen After Attack In Kogi by Praxis758: 12:27pm On Sep 11, 2021
Mchearan:

The below pictures was 5th November 2020, where a well equipped and Functioning modern fire truck in your state "Ondo State" was seen combating a serious fire out break at ondo Tank farm. And the last picture was when a modernized fire service trucks well equipped ( international standard) was commissioned in Ondo State last year. I'm not from Ondo state but I'm sure Federal Fire Service office in ondo State is located at Federal Secretariat. And the Emergency number of the control room/ watch room is 08133006400. You are free to make a false call and check their response if they will give you a beautiful excuse. I hope I'm done with this part?

Bravo to you for this info.

So with all these info you just furnished why can't the safety agency develop a portal to create awareness about itself to the public?

With these pics and field operation info, the FFS is doing a great disservice to itself and not marketing its image to the public. I don't mean for monetary gain, but for people's assurance.

Thanks bro.
Re: Federal Fire Service Threatens To Withdraw Firemen After Attack In Kogi by Ameduedwin: 7:09pm On Sep 11, 2021
on what ground nah

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

One Igbo Man Is Equivalent To Five hundred Hausa Men - Igbo Popular Cleric Man / INEC Withdraws Certificate Of Return From Delta Deputy Speaker / Erelu Fayemi Inducted Into Nigerian Women Hall Of Fame

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.