Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,619 members, 7,955,277 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:17 PM

Tottenham Manger Nuno Santo Wins August’s Barclays Manager Of The Month Award - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Tottenham Manger Nuno Santo Wins August’s Barclays Manager Of The Month Award (452 Views)

Tottenham Hotspur Sack Coach, Nuno Espírito Santo / Arsenal: Nuno Espirito Santo Becomes Favorite To Replace Unai Emery / #lampardout: Fans React After Lampard Drew First Match As Chelsea Manger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tottenham Manger Nuno Santo Wins August’s Barclays Manager Of The Month Award by Insidenaija: 1:43pm On Sep 10, 2021
Tottenham Hotspur manager Nuno Espirito Santo has been voted 2021 Barclays Manager for the month of August, Newspremises reports.

In his first month at Spurs, Nuno was the only manager or head coach to win his first three matches of 2021/22 as he led Spurs to the top of the table with three consecutive wins and no goals conceded.

“It’s a privilege, I’m very thankful," Nuno said. "Behind the scenes, with all the work that everybody in the club does, helping the coaching staff and trying to provide the right environment for the players to compete, because this is how we want to work together, push each other, help each other, so it’s a privilege to be here.

"I always say that it’s down to the hard work of the players. The players have worked really hard in pre-season and that gave us the ability to compete well in the beginning of the season.

"In the league they’re tough matches and always very competitive, but the credit is for the players because they are the ones who delivered the results and the performances."

The Portuguese's hat-trick of 1-0 victories included an opening-weekend success against champions Manchester City and a win at his former club Wolverhampton Wanderers, where he earned the Manager of the Month prize three times.

Speaking of his home debut for Spurs in front of a capacity crowd against Man City, Nuno said: “It was a fantastic atmosphere that day, especially after the situation with the pandemic that there were no fans. In our beautiful stadium to have all those fans was huge for us."

The 47-year-old topped a four-man shortlist, beating Rafael Benitez, David Moyes and Thomas Tuchel after votes from the public were combined with those of a panel of football experts.

Nuno, who made it three wins out of three with a triumph against Watford, will look to maintain his 100 per cent winning start to the season on Saturday when Spurs visit Crystal Palace.

Source: https://newspremises.com.ng/tottenham-manger-nuno-espirito-santo-wins-augusts-barclays-manager-of-the-month-award/

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Dominique

Re: Tottenham Manger Nuno Santo Wins August’s Barclays Manager Of The Month Award by kenzysmith: 1:50pm On Sep 10, 2021
Nairaland leaders are not trying at the NNL playoff is ongoing but no update of any form here u are bring up player of d month in the EPL in a Nigerian forum. When will Nigerian media learn that is y Nigerians won't show interest in our league.
I was in Ghana last year I saw kotoko news paper, heart of oaks news paper this are d two top teams in Ghana
Re: Tottenham Manger Nuno Santo Wins August’s Barclays Manager Of The Month Award by paulolee(m): 4:05pm On Sep 10, 2021
congrats bro but I see pep or tuchel winning this month award..
Re: Tottenham Manger Nuno Santo Wins August’s Barclays Manager Of The Month Award by paulolee(m): 4:08pm On Sep 10, 2021
kenzysmith:
Nairaland leaders are not trying at the NNL playoff is ongoing but no update of any form here u are bring up player of d month in the EPL in a Nigerian forum. When will Nigerian media learn that is y Nigerians won't show interest in our league.
I was in Ghana last year I saw kotoko news paper, heart of oaks news paper this are d two top teams in Ghana
what's happening in ghna, stays in ghana....its no news dt 80% of football fans in naija aint interested in our local league bcox of its incompetence..
who go waste e time to watch league dt fans can easily go baserk n beat match officials whenever the home team loses n the security agencies on guard would be watching the show..
our local league av a lot work to do, wen it starts improving, investors would come in n the local fans would pick interest bcoz we love football n EPL is the real deal right now..
Re: Tottenham Manger Nuno Santo Wins August’s Barclays Manager Of The Month Award by yusluvad(m): 5:39pm On Sep 10, 2021
Congrats Nuno Santo...

(1) (Reply)

Will Arsenal Make It To Top In Premier League / Slap Competition To Start In Nigeria This Month / See Full List Of Players Barcelona Manager, Xavi Puts Up For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.