Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,013 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:17 AM

Why No Country Operates VAT Through Sub-national Units, Experts Explain - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why No Country Operates VAT Through Sub-national Units, Experts Explain (2406 Views)

Experts Explain How Atiku, Okowa's Voices Were Cloned - TonyeBarcanista / Babangida: Nigeria’s Military Overstretched,Operates With Obsolete Equipment / Federal Character Commission grounded, operates with only one commissioner (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why No Country Operates VAT Through Sub-national Units, Experts Explain by Abohboy: 10:58pm On Sep 10, 2021
Enice:
coup plotter grin. let's see how you take power. funny people

Through elections obviously what do you think my profile picture is a political party that I hope can win an election soon.
Re: Why No Country Operates VAT Through Sub-national Units, Experts Explain by Enice(m): 11:05pm On Sep 10, 2021
Abohboy:

Through elections obviously what do you think my profile picture is a political party that I hope can win an election soon.
if it is through elections, you don't talk about taking power (which is authoritative) you talk about vote out (which is a group thing and sublime). in elections, they say minority will have their say while majority will have their way. so let's wait.
Re: Why No Country Operates VAT Through Sub-national Units, Experts Explain by ivandragon: 3:09am On Sep 11, 2021
vedaxcool:
[s][/s]

[s]Ipob terrorist, your useless governors are just as lazy as many states in the North and South, they do not generate.

I asked again aside your bigotry, hatred, tribalism and jingoism what sensible point do you have to make in nairaland? grin grin grin NADA[/s].

Lol. Every time you respond, you display your emptiness...

1 Like

Re: Why No Country Operates VAT Through Sub-national Units, Experts Explain by Almaigaa: 8:14am On Sep 11, 2021
Abohboy:
It makes sense but i'm still in support of the sub national unit formation for VAT although companies will likely have to pay more ( Not Confirmed As Of Yet ) States are able to keep revenue within them and this whole system of poorer and less industrious states benfitting from more progressive states will finally stop at least in some regard the next step is for us to get LGA Autonomy and then Federalism

The EASTERN STATES will suffer this most. None of them have the capacity to generate any reasonable tax. grin grin grin

Re: Why No Country Operates VAT Through Sub-national Units, Experts Explain by Abohboy: 9:47am On Sep 11, 2021
Almaigaa:

The EASTERN STATES will suffer this most. None of them have the capacity to generate any reasonable tax. grin grin grin

If they start e;ecting good leaders then they will start seeing that not all of their problems are from Buhari but this doesn't discount his horrendous leadership.
Re: Why No Country Operates VAT Through Sub-national Units, Experts Explain by Almaigaa: 11:47am On Sep 11, 2021
Abohboy:

If they start e;ecting good leaders then they will start seeing that not all of their problems are from Buhari but this doesn't discount his horrendous leadership.

God bless you.
You know them well. cheesy grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why No Country Operates VAT Through Sub-national Units, Experts Explain by Nobody: 12:00pm On Sep 11, 2021
Abohboy:

Yes but America actually practices federalism that's why they're able to hold that system but Nigeria essentially practices a unitary system of government which is why there is still VAT until we get our federalism then we will not have any state sales tax.
why federal republic then..

Big scam
Re: Why No Country Operates VAT Through Sub-national Units, Experts Explain by Abohboy: 12:13pm On Sep 11, 2021
Grgton:
why federal republic then..

Big scam

To hide the truth of the system
Re: Why No Country Operates VAT Through Sub-national Units, Experts Explain by Nobody: 12:15pm On Sep 11, 2021
Abohboy:

To hide the truth of the system
to favour the north!!
MostSouthern politicians are just useless ... And they claim to be more educated!! Illiterates

1 Like

Re: Why No Country Operates VAT Through Sub-national Units, Experts Explain by BlackBaron: 12:16pm On Sep 11, 2021
I think the issue is some states are more proactive than others in collecting VAT but get equal opportunities when sharing.

However, we need to also eliminate issues of multiple taxation, apart from VAT which includes stupid levies, agberos, etc.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Suspected IPOB member killing Igbos burnt alive in Imo state - VIDEO / Appeal court rejects Adeleke appeal letter, told judgement is against INEC / Alex Otti Was In APC Until May 28th, 2022 When He Decamped To LP.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.