Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,546 members, 7,819,939 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:07 AM

Experts Explain How Atiku, Okowa's Voices Were Cloned - TonyeBarcanista - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Experts Explain How Atiku, Okowa's Voices Were Cloned - TonyeBarcanista (17875 Views)

Betta Edu: When Obasanjo, Yar'adua Were Presidents - TonyeBarcanista / 2023: How PDP Won The Battle, While APC Won The War - TonyeBarcanista / 2023 Election: The Presidential Contenders And Pretenders - TonyeBarcanista (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Experts Explain How Atiku, Okowa's Voices Were Cloned - TonyeBarcanista by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:06pm On Feb 24, 2023
In the run-up to the 2023 Nigerian Presidential elections tomorrow 25th Febuary a new kind of political attack campaign has emerged, using cutting-edge artificial intelligence technology to clone the voices of political figures. The most recent example involves the former Vice President Atiku Abubakar and his running mate Governor Ifeanyi Okowa, whose voices has been cloned using A.I. technology in an attempt to discourage voters before tomorrow's elections .

The viral voice recording, which purports to be Atiku Abubakar making comments about INEC, has been circulating on social media in Nigeria, causing a stir among the electorate. However, technology experts have now come forward to debunk the recording, pointing out irregularities that prove it is a fake, generated using sophisticated A.I. software that can mimic the sound and intonation of any human voice. They cited online services like www.respeecher.com and www.Resemble.ai which clone speech that are indistinguishable from the original speaker.

"Artificial intelligence is an incredible tool that has many useful applications, but it can also be used for nefarious purposes," said Dr. Ndubuisi Ekekwe, a technology expert based in Lagos. "In this case, someone has used A.I. to clone Atiku Abubakar's voice and create a recording that never actually happened. We need to be vigilant and aware of these kinds of techniques, especially in the political sphere. I also hope the law enforcement authorities are getting more sophisticated inn their investigations to hold those propagating these sort of dangerous activities"

Dr. Ekekwe went on to explain that A.I. voice cloning technology has advanced rapidly in recent years, and it is now possible to create convincing fake recordings that are almost indistinguishable from real ones. However, there are ways to detect fake recordings, such as analyzing the waveform and frequency of the voice, which can reveal anomalies that are characteristic of A.I. generated speech.

As the Nigerian Presidential election approaches, it is likely that we will see more instances of A.I.-generated voice cloning being used in political campaigns. However, with the help of technology experts like Dr. Ekekwe, it is possible to expose these fake recordings and prevent them from influencing the outcome of the election.

https://leaders.ng/2023/02/24/2023-elections-technology-experts-explain-how-atiku-okowas-voices-were-cloned/

11 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Experts Explain How Atiku, Okowa's Voices Were Cloned - TonyeBarcanista by Viqforlan: 12:09pm On Feb 24, 2023
I knew it’s fake news the moment I heard it. People need to filter any information they hear going into the polls cos agents of falsehood are working overtime to score cheap points.
It’s Atiku’s time and propaganda will not stop him.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Experts Explain How Atiku, Okowa's Voices Were Cloned - TonyeBarcanista by Ladiomoshow: 12:09pm On Feb 24, 2023
It's obvious this is the handwork of mischief workers who are afraid of the inevitable victory of Alhaji Atiku Abubakar as president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

8 Likes

Re: Experts Explain How Atiku, Okowa's Voices Were Cloned - TonyeBarcanista by Felimax(m): 12:10pm On Feb 24, 2023
Because they cannot hold it any longer.

The sun whose time has come no cloud can stop it from shinning. Atiku is here!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Experts Explain How Atiku, Okowa's Voices Were Cloned - TonyeBarcanista by IbroMakanaki1: 12:10pm On Feb 24, 2023
Waking up to all sorts of emotional blackmailing and fake Artificial intelligence audio in circulation only point to one thing. Atiku Abubakar is Winning This Election.

No Tension!

12 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Experts Explain How Atiku, Okowa's Voices Were Cloned - TonyeBarcanista by tsephanyah(f): 12:12pm On Feb 24, 2023
They're already tracking that account... Shege zai ci ubansa

3 Likes

Re: Experts Explain How Atiku, Okowa's Voices Were Cloned - TonyeBarcanista by Ladiomoshow: 12:13pm On Feb 24, 2023
#APCIzGone propaganda , deceit , falsehood and cloning will not help you ... Nigerians have moved on with the #SafeChoice

2 Likes

Re: Experts Explain How Atiku, Okowa's Voices Were Cloned - TonyeBarcanista by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:15pm On Feb 24, 2023
We have made the #SafeChoice, no propaganda will stop it

3 Likes

Re: Experts Explain How Atiku, Okowa's Voices Were Cloned - TonyeBarcanista by Ttalk: 12:16pm On Feb 24, 2023
You are a lair. That's their voice, some of us worked with some of them in the past

59 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Experts Explain How Atiku, Okowa's Voices Were Cloned - TonyeBarcanista by Tsolzskinovski(m): 12:17pm On Feb 24, 2023
Heard the recordings and it’s obvious the jobbers are neophytes trying to push the narrative. The recording has a static sound which tells you it was cooked up in a particular place(Sound Engineers can burst this bubble), the mixing and texture of the conversation is spoofy.
Let them do more with their creativity in disparaging the PDP. They will fall like ‘pack of cards’ but the Ace is still the #SafeChoice #AtikuOkowa mandate.
#APCIzGone

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Experts Explain How Atiku, Okowa's Voices Were Cloned - TonyeBarcanista by 0monnak0da: 12:21pm On Feb 24, 2023
TonyeBarcanista:

In the run-up to the 2023 Nigerian Presidential elections tomorrow 25th Febuary, a new kind of political attack campaign has emerged, using cutting-edge artificial intelligence technology to clone the voices of political figures. The most recent example involves the former Vice President Atiku Abubakar and his running mate Governor Ifeanyi Okowa, whose voices has been cloned using A.I. technology in an attempt to discourage voters before tomorrow's elections .

The viral voice recording, which purports to be Atiku Abubakar making comments about INEC, has been circulating on social media in Nigeria, causing a stir among the electorate. However, technology experts have now come forward to debunk the recording, pointing out irregularities that prove it is a fake, generated using sophisticated A.I. software that can mimic the sound and intonation of any human voice. They cited online services like www.respeecher.com and www.Resemble.ai which clone speech that are indistinguishable from the original speaker.

"Artificial intelligence is an incredible tool that has many useful applications, but it can also be used for nefarious purposes," said Dr. Ndubuisi Ekekwe, a technology expert based in Lagos. "In this case, someone has used A.I. to clone Atiku Abubakar's voice and create a recording that never actually happened. We need to be vigilant and aware of these kinds of techniques, especially in the political sphere. I also hope the law enforcement authorities are getting more sophisticated inn their investigations to hold those propagating these sort of dangerous activities"

Dr. Ekekwe went on to explain that A.I. voice cloning technology has advanced rapidly in recent years, and it is now possible to create convincing fake recordings that are almost indistinguishable from real ones. However, there are ways to detect fake recordings, such as analyzing the waveform and frequency of the voice, which can reveal anomalies that are characteristic of A.I. generated speech.

As the Nigerian Presidential election approaches, it is likely that we will see more instances of A.I.-generated voice cloning being used in political campaigns. However, with the help of technology experts like Dr. Ekekwe, it is possible to expose these fake recordings and prevent them from influencing the outcome of the election.
Words
Is there any actual public example demonstrating
This
Let the so called experts come out a priori to say
I am going to clone the late Queen Elizabeth congratulating Atiku on his election victory

And then proceed to do so

Or show us. JUST. ONE example anywhere
To say XYZ can be done is cheap talk
Telling us he is an EXPERT is a joke
Expert what?

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Experts Explain How Atiku, Okowa's Voices Were Cloned - TonyeBarcanista by AtikuOkowa: 12:22pm On Feb 24, 2023
Tsolzskinovski:
Heard the recordings and it’s obvious the jobbers are neophytes trying to push the narrative. The recording has a static sound which tells you it was cooked up in a particular place(Sound Engineers can burst this bubble), the mixing and texture of the conversation is spoofy.
Let them do more with their creativity in disparaging the PDP. They will fall like ‘pack of cards’ but the Ace is still the #SafeChoice #AtikuOkowa mandate.
#APCIzGone

Funny how is how this makes some APC angry especially in the North.

It makes Atiku much popular,and shows APC weakness

2 Likes

Re: Experts Explain How Atiku, Okowa's Voices Were Cloned - TonyeBarcanista by jumas(m): 12:22pm On Feb 24, 2023
Why not do for tinubu and Peter Obi

At least one example we should see

26 Likes

Re: Experts Explain How Atiku, Okowa's Voices Were Cloned - TonyeBarcanista by Dady20(m): 12:24pm On Feb 24, 2023
Atiku and Okowa Administration remain the Safechoice
Vote Atiku Okowa for better economy,
Unity, security and better education

1 Like

Re: Experts Explain How Atiku, Okowa's Voices Were Cloned - TonyeBarcanista by Mune: 12:24pm On Feb 24, 2023
Next is the video

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Experts Explain How Atiku, Okowa's Voices Were Cloned - TonyeBarcanista by Mune: 12:24pm On Feb 24, 2023
Let that of Tinubu get cloned too

5 Likes

Re: Experts Explain How Atiku, Okowa's Voices Were Cloned - TonyeBarcanista by 0monnak0da: 12:26pm On Feb 24, 2023
Tsolzskinovski:
#APCIzGone
Rubbish
Static sound??
According to you?
Static sound present can be explained by a million things
Is it your position that genuine recordings don't have static sound?

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Experts Explain How Atiku, Okowa's Voices Were Cloned - TonyeBarcanista by BiinMuddqssir(m): 12:27pm On Feb 24, 2023
No matter how far they push, Atiku Abubakar is unstoppable, he's a capacity and capable leader, Atiku's Victory's Loading........... Atiku is coming, In Sha Allah know this and know peace.
Atiku For All 🇳🇬
All For Atiku 🇳🇬
#SafeChoice
#APCIzGone

3 Likes

Re: Experts Explain How Atiku, Okowa's Voices Were Cloned - TonyeBarcanista by Naijasenator: 12:27pm On Feb 24, 2023
Atiku and Okowa sat down yesterday right? You people need to work more on your intelligence level. The audio is fake and we dont need to go i to details to know that. So simple

1 Like

Re: Experts Explain How Atiku, Okowa's Voices Were Cloned - TonyeBarcanista by Yemmioke: 12:34pm On Feb 24, 2023
Viqforlan:
I knew it’s fake news the moment I heard it. People need to filter any information they hear going into the polls cos agents of falsehood are working overtime to score cheap points.
It’s Atiku’s time and propaganda will not stop him.

It’s Atiku’s O,Clock and no amount of propaganda by LP and APC can stop him because he’s the only Safe choice we can make to end APC’s bad governance

1 Like

Re: Experts Explain How Atiku, Okowa's Voices Were Cloned - TonyeBarcanista by ChiefAdam: 12:37pm On Feb 24, 2023
No amount of propaganda can distract us from voting Atiku in the coming election.

2 Likes

Re: Experts Explain How Atiku, Okowa's Voices Were Cloned - TonyeBarcanista by nnewsnjobs: 12:49pm On Feb 24, 2023
Immediately I head that recordings, I knew it was clone. People that are seeing almost everyday because of campaign will now resolve to using phone to have that type of conversation knowing the time they are in.

1 Like

Re: Experts Explain How Atiku, Okowa's Voices Were Cloned - TonyeBarcanista by IbroMakanaki1: 12:55pm On Feb 24, 2023
This Guy need to be arrested.

3 Likes

Re: Experts Explain How Atiku, Okowa's Voices Were Cloned - TonyeBarcanista by Ritchiee: 12:56pm On Feb 24, 2023
0monnak0da:

Words
Is there any actual public example demonstrating
This
Let the so called experts come out a priori to say
I am going to clone the late Queen Elizabeth congratulating Atiku on his election victory

And then proceed to do so

Or show us. JUST. ONE example anywhere
To say XYZ can be done is cheap talk
Telling us he is an EXPERT is a joke
Expert what?
You are more brilliant than that fake old man proving nothing.
He should post a sample cloning the voices of Buhari,Lai Muhammed and Abba Kyari planning to rig the election.
If not,the voices are true..

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Experts Explain How Atiku, Okowa's Voices Were Cloned - TonyeBarcanista by Mylove55(f): 12:57pm On Feb 24, 2023
You think so.
Court will determine that

2 Likes

Re: Experts Explain How Atiku, Okowa's Voices Were Cloned - TonyeBarcanista by 0monnak0da: 12:59pm On Feb 24, 2023
Ritchiee:

You are more brilliant than that fake old man proving nothing.
He should post a sample cloning the voices of Buhari,Lai Muhammed and Abba Kyari planning to rig the election.
If not,the voices are true..
No I want sample of Buhari and Aisha in za oza room

11 Likes

Re: Experts Explain How Atiku, Okowa's Voices Were Cloned - TonyeBarcanista by Teejayejide: 1:08pm On Feb 24, 2023
Nobody can stop Atiku abubakar tomorrow election is a win win just a mere propaganda up the man that will be the next president of Nigeria is AA no doubt

1 Like

Re: Experts Explain How Atiku, Okowa's Voices Were Cloned - TonyeBarcanista by Mylove55(f): 1:09pm On Feb 24, 2023
BiinMuddqssir:
No matter how far they push, Atiku Abubakar is unstoppable, he's a capacity and capable leader, Atiku's Victory's Loading........... Atiku is coming, In Sha Allah know this and know peace.
Atiku For All 🇳🇬
All For Atiku 🇳🇬
#SafeChoice
#APCIzGone
atiku is a failure since 1992,
He is not tired of losing, and come back again next 4yrs

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Experts Explain How Atiku, Okowa's Voices Were Cloned - TonyeBarcanista by drlateef: 1:15pm On Feb 24, 2023
TonyeBarcanista:

In the run-up to the 2023 Nigerian Presidential elections tomorrow 25th Febuary, a new kind of political attack campaign has emerged, using cutting-edge artificial intelligence technology to clone the voices of political figures. The most recent example involves the former Vice President Atiku Abubakar and his running mate Governor Ifeanyi Okowa, whose voices has been cloned using A.I. technology in an attempt to discourage voters before tomorrow's elections .

Let security agencies investigate. You are not a forensic expert.

9 Likes

Re: Experts Explain How Atiku, Okowa's Voices Were Cloned - TonyeBarcanista by Mence: 1:21pm On Feb 24, 2023
This is desperate a desperate attempt but it is too late. We know where we stand. #SafeChoice
Re: Experts Explain How Atiku, Okowa's Voices Were Cloned - TonyeBarcanista by Baarharle: 1:22pm On Feb 24, 2023
No matter what this people do Atiku/Okowa is our candidate and they will emerge, No going back no turning back.

Fellow Nigerians, the facts remain that we are tire of the suffering and insecurity APC government has brought to the masses.

Vote Atiku/Okowa Tomorrow for a better Nigeria
Vote PDP

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Experts Explain How Atiku, Okowa's Voices Were Cloned - TonyeBarcanista by oka4ugoo: 1:23pm On Feb 24, 2023
After SPV now this and then an honourable member was arrested in River State with hard currency. What other evidence do you need.

One idiot is now telling us that their voice was cloned. Na Ogun go kee ur generation

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lagos Arrest Agberos On Highways / Power Generation Improves, Hits 4,285 Megawatts / APC Is In Total Control Of INEC, El-Rufai & Zakari In Charge Of ICT - PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.