Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,934 members, 7,824,933 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 09:14 PM

Car Guzzling Fuel? You Might Need Replacing Your Car Catalytic Converter - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Guzzling Fuel? You Might Need Replacing Your Car Catalytic Converter (14020 Views)

Does Catalytic Converter Actually Reduces Fuel Consumption? / Let's Discuss Catalyst Or Car Catalytic Converters! / How To Know When Car Tyres Need Replacing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Car Guzzling Fuel? You Might Need Replacing Your Car Catalytic Converter by SublimeAutos1(m): 1:43pm On Oct 12, 2021
Contact us for enquiries. Contact on Signature
Re: Car Guzzling Fuel? You Might Need Replacing Your Car Catalytic Converter by SublimeAutos1(m): 12:31pm On Oct 15, 2021
We can help you fix your car Catalytic Converter. Contact us Today with the phone number on our Signature. You can also chat with us on WhatsApp with same number
Re: Car Guzzling Fuel? You Might Need Replacing Your Car Catalytic Converter by SublimeAutos1(m): 4:28pm On Oct 25, 2021
Bring on your enquiries
Re: Car Guzzling Fuel? You Might Need Replacing Your Car Catalytic Converter by SublimeAutos1(m): 1:03pm On Oct 28, 2021
You know Catalytic converters indirectly affects fuel economy Right? wink wink wink
Re: Car Guzzling Fuel? You Might Need Replacing Your Car Catalytic Converter by SublimeAutos1(m): 9:11am On Oct 29, 2021
Ask Questions, we are ready to attend to them
Re: Car Guzzling Fuel? You Might Need Replacing Your Car Catalytic Converter by SublimeAutos1(m): 9:46pm On Oct 29, 2021
Have a great weekend
Re: Car Guzzling Fuel? You Might Need Replacing Your Car Catalytic Converter by SublimeAutos1(m): 7:21am On Nov 02, 2021
Good Morning people
Re: Car Guzzling Fuel? You Might Need Replacing Your Car Catalytic Converter by SublimeAutos1(m): 10:43am On Nov 03, 2021
You know catalysts affect fuel consumption right? Abi I Shuindy business grin grin grin
Re: Car Guzzling Fuel? You Might Need Replacing Your Car Catalytic Converter by SublimeAutos1(m): 1:48pm On Nov 05, 2021
Hi
Re: Car Guzzling Fuel? You Might Need Replacing Your Car Catalytic Converter by SublimeAutos1(m): 10:33am On Dec 10, 2021
Happy December
Re: Car Guzzling Fuel? You Might Need Replacing Your Car Catalytic Converter by SublimeAutos1(m): 3:31pm On Dec 10, 2021
P
Re: Car Guzzling Fuel? You Might Need Replacing Your Car Catalytic Converter by SublimeAutos1(m): 9:24am On Dec 13, 2021
It's a New week, contact us today via the number on my signature
Re: Car Guzzling Fuel? You Might Need Replacing Your Car Catalytic Converter by SublimeAutos1(m): 10:09pm On Dec 13, 2021
Good Evening People
Re: Car Guzzling Fuel? You Might Need Replacing Your Car Catalytic Converter by SublimeAutos1(m): 11:14pm On Dec 13, 2021
Dope
Re: Car Guzzling Fuel? You Might Need Replacing Your Car Catalytic Converter by SublimeAutos1(m): 9:31am On Dec 14, 2021
Remedy
Re: Car Guzzling Fuel? You Might Need Replacing Your Car Catalytic Converter by SublimeAutos1(m): 2:39pm On Dec 14, 2021
Let's discuss
Re: Car Guzzling Fuel? You Might Need Replacing Your Car Catalytic Converter by PAQ(m): 6:51pm On Dec 14, 2021
Kelvin30286063:

Do you know that a lot of car users even remove their cats intentionally to improve fuel efficiency? Yes, that will burst your head too.

O yes, it's called a "Cat-delete".

. It's a mod car enthusiasts do on their cars
. It's illegal in USA & other countries
. It reduces engine load/ temperature and can give more
power
. Some cars actually gain better mpg while others don't
. People with modded exhausts get more louder
intimidating engine roar!
. It will trigger an error code on your dashboard
. Trigger emissions concerns & some times smelly fumes.

Our mechanics think they know it all, but there is so much about cars they don't know. Learning is a continuous process.

1 Like

Re: Car Guzzling Fuel? You Might Need Replacing Your Car Catalytic Converter by SublimeAutos1(m): 9:41am On Dec 15, 2021
Open for Business
Re: Car Guzzling Fuel? You Might Need Replacing Your Car Catalytic Converter by Bosun13: 3:05pm On Dec 15, 2021
Kelvin30286063:

That your trainer deserve hot slap. That trainer that told you cats affect fuel economy. He should be slapped heavily.
You should also educate him. The only time your catalytic converter can affect fuel efficiency is if it's blocked or clogged. I'll leave you to educate yourself on why that will happen. Hopefully you'll also learn the other side of this.
Do you know that a lot of car users even remove their cats intentionally to improve fuel efficiency? Yes, that will burst your head too.
With this kind of training you had now. I pity your customers.
My last 2 cars has no catalytic converter, they were more fuel economical than my present car that has factory fitted cat in it. Meanwhile, my wife's Lexus ES350 has no cats in it yet it's more fuel economical than my car. Infact, I drive her car most times.
And before you ask. I ordered the factory fitted catalytic converter for my 2012 Acura TL directly from Honda website. So no be all those remake that they sell at ladipo. I know my car has fuel efficiency issue but it's not related to catalytic converter in anyway. Hope you have learnt something.
......Av done that research for long ..it seems you get it right bro, cat delete doesn't affect fuel consumption...it can only make your engine sound louder.
Like me na! I like to hear louder sound of my car as I rev the engine ha! Ha! Ha!

1 Like

Re: Car Guzzling Fuel? You Might Need Replacing Your Car Catalytic Converter by Kelvin30286063(m): 3:24pm On Dec 15, 2021
Bosun13:
......Av done that research for long ..it seems you get it right bro, cat delete doesn't affect fuel consumption...it can only make your engine sound louder.
Like me na! I like to hear louder sound of my car as I rev the engine ha! Ha! Ha!
You have the spirit of Hamilton in you. I like that too. I like to race past other cars and let them hear the roar of my engine. Hahaha

1 Like

Re: Car Guzzling Fuel? You Might Need Replacing Your Car Catalytic Converter by SublimeAutos1(m): 1:32pm On Dec 16, 2021
Okay, let's do business
Re: Car Guzzling Fuel? You Might Need Replacing Your Car Catalytic Converter by SublimeAutos1(m): 12:45pm On Dec 18, 2021
Weekend deals
Re: Car Guzzling Fuel? You Might Need Replacing Your Car Catalytic Converter by autologic: 4:41pm On Dec 19, 2021
For sake of misinforming the uninitiated ones, kindling delete that part of " car guzzling fuel caused by catalyst ".I know you want to sell market but u can still do successfully without passing wrong information around .
Re: Car Guzzling Fuel? You Might Need Replacing Your Car Catalytic Converter by valarinz: 8:08am On Dec 20, 2021
autologic:
For sake of misinforming the uninitiated ones, kindling delete that part of " car guzzling fuel caused by catalyst ".I know you want to sell market but u can still do successfully without passing wrong information around .

grin
Re: Car Guzzling Fuel? You Might Need Replacing Your Car Catalytic Converter by SublimeAutos1(m): 3:54pm On Jan 06, 2022
It's a New Year, Let's get the deal over the Line cool cool cool
Re: Car Guzzling Fuel? You Might Need Replacing Your Car Catalytic Converter by SublimeAutos1(m): 10:41am On Jan 12, 2022
It's a Wednesday already...
Re: Car Guzzling Fuel? You Might Need Replacing Your Car Catalytic Converter by SublimeAutos1(m): 7:31pm On Jan 14, 2022
let's discuss, shall we?
Re: Car Guzzling Fuel? You Might Need Replacing Your Car Catalytic Converter by SublimeAutos1(m): 10:11am On Jan 15, 2022
Weekend deals
Re: Car Guzzling Fuel? You Might Need Replacing Your Car Catalytic Converter by SublimeAutos1(m): 10:52am On Jan 17, 2022
We are up for business
Re: Car Guzzling Fuel? You Might Need Replacing Your Car Catalytic Converter by SublimeAutos1(m): 6:40pm On Jan 17, 2022
Good Evening
Re: Car Guzzling Fuel? You Might Need Replacing Your Car Catalytic Converter by SublimeAutos1(m): 10:31am On Jan 18, 2022
Let's get the job done perfect

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tesla Modelx Becomes 1st Electric Car To Cross Sahara Desert In A 5k Miles Rally / Innoson Group lauds Ugwuanyi for favourable investment climate in Enugu (Pix) / 4 Reasons Okada Ban In Lagos Won’t Solve Anything

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.