Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,589 members, 7,812,914 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:22 PM

VAT: Kogi State Opposes Lagos, Rivers - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / VAT: Kogi State Opposes Lagos, Rivers (29460 Views)

Masari On VAT: Northern States Responsible For Lagos, Rivers Development / 30 States Risk Bankruptcy As Lagos, Rivers Set For New VAT Regime / Lagos, Rivers Begin VAT Collection, FG, North Disagree (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: VAT: Kogi State Opposes Lagos, Rivers by dan2976: 5:49pm On Sep 10, 2021
If you cannot generate any IGR, you either lack ideas to function as the chief executive of a state or your state has no business existing in the first place. Go and merge with a viable state or leave that place let someone with the capacity run things..
Re: VAT: Kogi State Opposes Lagos, Rivers by udemzyudex(m): 5:51pm On Sep 10, 2021
That's their own personal problem.
Re: VAT: Kogi State Opposes Lagos, Rivers by Hopez456(m): 5:52pm On Sep 10, 2021
Rantings of lazy men. Kogi is one the states that ordinarily should be very viable. Lazy folks everywhere.
Re: VAT: Kogi State Opposes Lagos, Rivers by Jakasibo(m): 5:54pm On Sep 10, 2021
GetYourPaypal:
Still making verified Paypal Business account for your business that can send and receive money from anyone in the world.

Hit me up via my signature to order yours.
Can i fund with my Nigerian cards?
Re: VAT: Kogi State Opposes Lagos, Rivers by Agugbadin: 5:54pm On Sep 10, 2021
Kogi is not significant in this matter, How much VAT is Kogi generating.
Re: VAT: Kogi State Opposes Lagos, Rivers by Newboss(m): 5:55pm On Sep 10, 2021
And this is the guy that wants to be president?

Nigeria na hustle, abeg
Re: VAT: Kogi State Opposes Lagos, Rivers by baby124: 5:58pm On Sep 10, 2021
Kogi governor de cry because he wants to be president. Where he can loot and carry olosho. He’s the one sponsoring North Central call for president. Don’t go and use the small allocation you have now to do something for your people. Keep spending the money anyhow. E go clear all your doubt when Lagos starts holding remittance of VAT as of next month. Your people will eat you for breakfast.
Re: VAT: Kogi State Opposes Lagos, Rivers by Onepeople: 5:58pm On Sep 10, 2021
cocolacec:
Remaining IPOB governors.
A region that want the dissolution of one Nigeria cannot turn around and start begging for VAT ,if biafran stays on their own .their resources will be enough to take care of their region, most the IGR Lagos is boosting of will dwindle .igboman will never beg for food in any part world ,The world is a global village for an igboman.
Re: VAT: Kogi State Opposes Lagos, Rivers by Agugbadin: 5:58pm On Sep 10, 2021
All parasitic relationship must be checkmate. What you bring to the table should determine what you get.
Re: VAT: Kogi State Opposes Lagos, Rivers by dan2976: 5:59pm On Sep 10, 2021
[quote author=deenvibe post=105685580][/quote]

Confirmed lie... Who owns the highest oil operating licenses in Nigeria. Which companies control flour, sugar, bureau d change, rice importation, edible oil, textile in Nigeria. Are they not owned by Northerners. You don't bring anything to the table and yet you are entitled to 70% of the sweat of the south. How logical is that.
Re: VAT: Kogi State Opposes Lagos, Rivers by Tzar(m): 6:00pm On Sep 10, 2021
This fat nosed opportunitist will not STFU & get to work on increasing IGR in his well blessed state?!
Re: VAT: Kogi State Opposes Lagos, Rivers by dan2976: 6:01pm On Sep 10, 2021
spirul77:
you are too dull, you do copy and paste to start ranting here, these are the exact words of Kaduna governor, El rufai, he only said that to keep deceiving you and your fellows, come to edo state, the whole meat business is dominated by northerners, how about vegetables, tomato, yam and grains business, they are all dominated by the northerners in the south, funny enough these abokis and northerners don't always pay taxes, they never add any economic value to their host states, they don't rent houses, eat their own foods hence they don't patronize food sellers, nothing nothing, almost all the viable oil wells in the south are owned by northerners, yet you still remain stagnant and keep killing and spilling blood like its game, if north was a country on its own it would have been the most backward and useless nation in the world, a group of people that refuse to develop and yet don't want others to develop too
Confirmed lie... Who owns the highest oil operating licenses in Nigeria. Which companies control flour, sugar, bureau d change, rice importation, edible oil, textile in Nigeria. Are they not owned by Northerners. You don't bring anything to the table and yet you are entitled to 70% of the sweat of the south. How logical is that.
(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)
Re: VAT: Kogi State Opposes Lagos, Rivers by April4th(m): 6:02pm On Sep 10, 2021
This from a lazy governor, who’s always in Abuja and can never stay to develop his state. Yeye Bello
Re: VAT: Kogi State Opposes Lagos, Rivers by Smeagol89: 6:03pm On Sep 10, 2021
dont mind the fool, ask him how much dangote is making from an average Nigeria daily.....

Dangote makes altleast more than #5 daily.

Dangote cement, sugar, noodles, spag, fertilizers and others are consumed daily in south, abeg help ask the aboki how much dangote de make from southerners...

Redcrafton:

The north are the president, senate president, and Chief justice and AGF, SEC DG, NCC DG, NITDA DG, etc, etc, the first time it is happening in the history of Nigeria, with diverse ethnic groups, yet you don't have a tier one bank.

Who are you blaming for this?

You are seriously funny.
Re: VAT: Kogi State Opposes Lagos, Rivers by Jerryherd: 6:10pm On Sep 10, 2021
Ibkhaleel001:
Let me expose the arna!!!

HOW THE SOUTHERN VAMPIRES SUCK THE NORTH DRY

Banks run over a dozen of financial facilities from loans to cash transfer. Each facility generates billions for the bank owners.
Northerners with a population of about 140 million do not own a single bank in Nigeria, except for some tiny community banks.
Daily, about 20 million Northerners do bank transfer through some of the big commercial banks that belong to Southerners and each one of them is now charged 20 naira.
20 × 20 million = 400 million. This is the amount Northerners give to Southerners daily on just a single type of bank transaction out of many.

In a month it means 4 billion × 29 = 116000000000 (116.billion). In a year it translates into 116000000000 × 12 = 1392000000000 (1.392 trillion).
1.392 trillion the north is giving to the south every year is enough to:
1- 2,784,000 low cost houses each year at unit cost of 5 million.
or
2- 1,392,000 village schools each year at unit cost of 10 million.
or
3- 13,920 small scale industries each year at unit cost of 100 million.
4- Give 50,000 Naira scholarship to 2,784,000 students yearly.

You can think of other projects the amount Northerners are wasting on the Southerners for a single bank facility called mobile transfer and do the maths.

Now come to think of it how much money move from the North to South for the entire banking services. It is estimated to be over 13 trillion which more than double the entire federal budgetary allocation given to the North.
That is just the banking sector. Similar humongous losses are registered in other sectors such as telecommunications, insurance, education, trade, etc This is not an issue for individuals or groups to tackle. It is a political economic issue calling for political decision and action. It is the core reason the North is economically backward. Northern poverty is a direct result, mainly, of lack control of financial and natural resource. Northerners must call for restructuring for direct control of trade, manufacturing and the service industry. Forget about the false Southern propaganda that Northerners are lazy. Millions of Northerner wake up at 4 am and work their bones tired to 8pm and beyond making very little. Their resources have been taken over and only political action can restore them.

The Southern Nigerians have taken political action to stop herders and Ruga project, they took political action to take over trade by demolishing markets owned by Northerners in the South, they took political action to stunt Northern transport business through officially encouraging violent taut action, they took poitical action to demoralized Northerners via massive media stereotype and false propaganda etc

This is the reason those Southern leeches exploiting the North as bankers, transporters, counterfeit goods traders, school owners, estate prospectors, contractors, kidnapping and terrorist sponsors do not wish to leave the North or have Nigeria broken up as oppose to their ignorant tribesmen agitating for break up. These leeches when they talk about restructuring, they mean more political concession and control is to be given to them to permanently dominate the economic life of Northerners

Try get Education

Banks charge this fees because they provide services to you using expensive services like Internet, diesel generators, pay graduates as workers, buy stationary, pay taxes

If you don't want to use Southern banking services, then keep your money at home, it's not a most,

3 Likes

Re: VAT: Kogi State Opposes Lagos, Rivers by wizi4tyn: 6:16pm On Sep 10, 2021
I saw this one coming since sef
Re: VAT: Kogi State Opposes Lagos, Rivers by vicfajeze: 6:20pm On Sep 10, 2021
duro4chang:
Foolish man.
He's not foolish but an idiot. The idiot is nursing 2023 ambition
Re: VAT: Kogi State Opposes Lagos, Rivers by Irishrena1(f): 6:24pm On Sep 10, 2021
So says the leach
Re: VAT: Kogi State Opposes Lagos, Rivers by nick50(m): 6:34pm On Sep 10, 2021
The North should create more states for themselves so they can continue dominating ..me I advocate for state autonomy
Re: VAT: Kogi State Opposes Lagos, Rivers by GetYourPaypal: 6:37pm On Sep 10, 2021
Jakasibo:

Can i fund with my Nigerian cards?
Absolutely sir.
Re: VAT: Kogi State Opposes Lagos, Rivers by Awoleesu(m): 6:44pm On Sep 10, 2021
I can't connect how a call to elected federating units executives to 'put on their thinking caps' and work harder for the development of their States, can be linked to being "self-centred"!

Fanwo, true we may not be endowed uniformly with potentials and all that, but that's the more reason everyone should discover their own competitive advantage.
If we subscribe to your 'Moralistic' thinking, then Chicago should be relying on Florida for survival, Idaho should be begging Texas for aids and Indianapolis should be looking up to Philadelphia for economic support!
But No! Those federating units of the US understand how good economics work! They know that making an offer on the exchange table means you place your interests at a comparative advantage so that in the end a win-win solution only makes everyone happy!

I'm glad Fanwo did mention some comparative advantages of Kogi state. May I ask what prevents her government from maximizing these potentials for the benefits of the people of the state?

Las las, this moralist mentality in the face of daunting economic challenges is the bigger problem, as no state in Nigeria is totally an economic badlands.
Re: VAT: Kogi State Opposes Lagos, Rivers by BeardedMeat(m): 6:44pm On Sep 10, 2021
Ibkhaleel001:
As for the cynics that have no value to add in the dilemma except vituperation, and abuses, we know that is the substance they are made up of. No qualms whatsoever! you don’t expect fragrance from feces.
So you are still wailing upandan grin

There's no dilema anywhere . It's a straight jacket solution
Re: VAT: Kogi State Opposes Lagos, Rivers by BeardedMeat(m): 6:47pm On Sep 10, 2021
Ibkhaleel001:
The sectors that will contribute most to the GDP and create the most jobs and wealth to the Nigerian economy in the next 20, 30, 50 and 100 years are manufacturing, agriculture/food processing, construction/real estate, financial services. Tech won't be in the top 60 to 70%.

I took my time to study the dynamics of our socio-economic construct. Tech will remain what it is. An enabler. Much of the legacy systems and platforms have already been built. The United States leads the pack in the technology economy. Specifically Software, Internet and Media. Followed closely by China, who also leads the pack in hardware technology. The wealth creation indices speaks to their technological foundation. India has done well with developing human resource to service the top developed tech economies and ecosystems.

America is the only country where the wealthiest are from the tech industry (software, internet, media and hardware).
In China, according to the top 30 wealthiest ranking of 2021, only 33% are from tech. The remaining 66% are from Food, Pharmaceuticals, real estate, manufacturing.
Europe's biggest companies are in the fashion industry. They play big in infrastructure, automobile, retail, beverage and snacks. The biggest tech export out of Europe is SAP. A company that started in the 70s.
In India, the wealth of the richest comes from Pharmaceuticals (Drug and Vaccine manufacturing), Banking, Manufacturing (Cement and metal), Retail, Telecoms, Manufacturing, financial services and tech. Of course, tech is represented by HCL, which is one of the largest software services exporters in the world with presence I. Over 45 countries.

The sizes of wealth created by each industries is one of the easiest pointers to where the most economic opportunities can be developed.
Africa will miss it if it gets fixated and obsessed with technology to the detriment of the sizes of opportunities that other sectors represents, especially their relevance to our unique socio-economic construct.
We should pay more attention to areas of advantages that hold true economic potentials to create wealth and jobs beyond the hype.
Lol
Copy and paste.
Re: VAT: Kogi State Opposes Lagos, Rivers by wizelink(m): 7:01pm On Sep 10, 2021
Chai this one pain yahaha wella even to preach on top the mata.

He no get what to say, wike just give am upper cut
Re: VAT: Kogi State Opposes Lagos, Rivers by brio1408: 7:03pm On Sep 10, 2021
So says a lazy arse Governor.
Re: VAT: Kogi State Opposes Lagos, Rivers by Benbellamor: 7:06pm On Sep 10, 2021
This is coming from Evangelist Kinsley Fanwo...a Yoruba man sold out...
Shiorrr
Re: VAT: Kogi State Opposes Lagos, Rivers by jditimiya(m): 7:06pm On Sep 10, 2021
My question is what is this man saying?
Re: VAT: Kogi State Opposes Lagos, Rivers by Benbellamor: 7:15pm On Sep 10, 2021
Awoleesu:
I can't connect how a call to elected federating units executives to 'put on their thinking caps' and work harder for the development of their States, can be linked to being "self-centred"!

Fanwo, true we may not be endowed uniformly with potentials and all that, but that's the more reason everyone should discover their own competitive advantage.
If we subscribe to your 'Moralistic' thinking, then Chicago should be relying on Florida for survival, Idaho should be begging Texas for aids and Indianapolis should be looking up to Philadelphia for economic support!
But No! Those federating units of the US understand how good economics work! They know that making an offer on the exchange table means you place your interests at a comparative advantage so that in the end a win-win solution only makes everyone happy!

I'm glad Fanwo did mention some comparative advantages of Kogi state. May I ask what prevents her government from maximizing these potentials for the benefits of the people of the state?

Las las, this moralist mentality in the face of daunting economic challenges is the bigger problem, as no state in Nigeria is totally an economic badlands.
Hello sir
Why are you wasting your time to educate an opportunists? You try o...
I feel their pain because, EFCC just froze 20billion they hid in sterling bank to campaign for Bello to be president, and The VAT news came within a week...and it seems that even with less than 2years to go No free money again.... They are in panic mode...

1 Like

Re: VAT: Kogi State Opposes Lagos, Rivers by Fuckyoumod: 7:44pm On Sep 10, 2021
KC031:

In as much as you made sense, please there is no IbO tribe in Nigeria, We're Igbos not IBOs ,don't change our name for us abeg
sorry my dear southern brother.

I respectfully take your correction "Igbo's"

However, we must all begin to promote southern unity irrespective of our grievances.

1 Like

Re: VAT: Kogi State Opposes Lagos, Rivers by Lovenorth: 7:45pm On Sep 10, 2021
I support the position of Yahaya Bello
Re: VAT: Kogi State Opposes Lagos, Rivers by datamillionaire: 7:46pm On Sep 10, 2021
Oga, it's not God that created states. It's human in government that did that

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Kogi: Dino Melaye Rejects PDP Campaign Council Chairmanship Offer. / Senator Diri With Atiku, Timi Frank, And Emma Ogidi In Dubai / Akpabio On Why PDP Senators Walked Out Of Senate Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.