Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,151 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:49 PM

Taxi drivers, What Do You Do To Forgotten Items When You Can't Trace The Owner? - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Taxi drivers, What Do You Do To Forgotten Items When You Can't Trace The Owner? (17034 Views)

Drivers, What Does This Hand Signal Means? (pictured) / Professional Drivers, What's The Next Step???(photo) / Is Corolla Really Meant For Taxi Drivers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Taxi drivers, What Do You Do To Forgotten Items When You Can't Trace The Owner? by CBTxFactor: 3:58pm On Sep 11, 2021
omoadeleye:

They gone announce the owner
sir, what if the owner don't listen to Radio, or Misses the announcement?
Re: Taxi drivers, What Do You Do To Forgotten Items When You Can't Trace The Owner? by kenoyad: 4:14pm On Sep 11, 2021
33bandit:
I've found a phone without sim.with a cracked screen ..I still have it ,ah go dash girl soon sha

I've found slippers ..I gave it out to one hausa boy I met ..
Someone forgot some paint buckets ,I sold those .I've no use for them ...
Little ones like caps baby clothes etc..I dash it out

Bro,
Hope the phone is not Samsung S7 about three years ago in Ibadan? No sim inside and the screen broken. Fell in a micra taxi around Awolowo, Bodija.
Re: Taxi drivers, What Do You Do To Forgotten Items When You Can't Trace The Owner? by Ayemileto(m): 4:14pm On Sep 11, 2021
33bandit:

Even if there's a case over that phone in time to come ..its something I'll easily pay ..its just a stupid tecno with cracked screen ..tecno pop or whatever they call it

Our police are criminals ooo.

They can say the phone was stolen during a robbery and list several other items that were stolen with it.

I was somewhere once, when someone whose phone got stolen in a taxi came around.

From what he said, In the police station, he listed so many items as stolen with the phone.

According to him, The police were even asking him if he wanted to add more items.

The idea is, whoever they catch with the phone later will pay much more money, which will then be shared by him and the police.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Taxi drivers, What Do You Do To Forgotten Items When You Can't Trace The Owner? by PotatoSalad(m): 4:28pm On Sep 11, 2021
The evening I decided to take the bus to the market cos I took cough medicine and didn't want to drive.
Omo i forgot a big bunch of plantain and some detergents in one of my plastic bags.
Driver go make better pap that night use am chop. Then use detergents wash bus for at least two weeks grin

Your misfortune is another man's blessing grin
E pain me small sha, cos I got the plantains at a good price, now that plantains just cost anyhow.
Ended up buying one sacrifice looking plantains in my street. Mtcheww
Re: Taxi drivers, What Do You Do To Forgotten Items When You Can't Trace The Owner? by frosy1(m): 4:37pm On Sep 11, 2021
I once board a taxi, immediately I open the front door I saw a row of money. I quickly picked it up, I was the only passenger then, along the line other passengers came and an issue came up while I was still thinking of informing the driver about the money, the driver made it clear that "na mumu day dull himself inside taxi" I still ask am watin he talk the man repeatedly
it boldly. That was how I pocket the money ooo .. on getting home it was 7k
Re: Taxi drivers, What Do You Do To Forgotten Items When You Can't Trace The Owner? by udomma1005(m): 4:48pm On Sep 11, 2021
33bandit:

Even if there's a case over that phone in time to come ..its something I'll easily pay ..its just a stupid tecno with cracked screen ..tecno pop or whatever they call it
If the owner of that "stupid" tecno fone was one stingy businessman that was killed & a vast sum in millions was collected from him.
When dem track the IMEI, catch the girl, she come run dem come your hood, shebi u know say dem don catch the murder suspect be that! grin
Carry dat fone go lagoon go fling am put make u nor come dey blame innocent village pipu wey no get your time for now! grin tongue

1 Like

Re: Taxi drivers, What Do You Do To Forgotten Items When You Can't Trace The Owner? by Nobody: 5:08pm On Sep 11, 2021
udomma1005:

If the owner of that "stupid" tecno fone was one stingy businessman that was killed & a vast sum in millions was collected from him.
When dem track the IMEI, catch the girl, she come run dem come your hood, shebi u know say dem don catch the murder suspect be that! grin
Carry dat fone go lagoon go fling am put make u nor come dey blame innocent village pipu wey no get your time for now! grin tongue

I get it ...I've had it for long tho I'd how that works out
Re: Taxi drivers, What Do You Do To Forgotten Items When You Can't Trace The Owner? by udomma1005(m): 5:15pm On Sep 11, 2021
33bandit:

I get it ...I've had it for long tho I'd how that works out
No matter how long you have had it, tracking process starts when an active Sim is inserted inda fone. It gives a whole lot of details I don't wanna mention here. Phones should NEVER be used if FOUND even if it's a torchlight fone!

1 Like

Re: Taxi drivers, What Do You Do To Forgotten Items When You Can't Trace The Owner? by clothingonline(m): 5:15pm On Sep 11, 2021
Keep and look for owner
If you don’t see give charity after 7 years
Re: Taxi drivers, What Do You Do To Forgotten Items When You Can't Trace The Owner? by raphy(m): 5:18pm On Sep 11, 2021
lilvicky68:
Money without any means of identification??

Deposit the money in your account if after one month you can't trace the owner.. Use the money for business anytime you find the owner you pay back..see it as a loan in disguise..

Oil de your head joor

If na money go start a business and cal him and tell that u will pay back later
Re: Taxi drivers, What Do You Do To Forgotten Items When You Can't Trace The Owner? by Nobody: 5:43pm On Sep 11, 2021
udomma1005:

No matter how long you have had it, tracking process starts when an active Sim is inserted inda fone. It gives a whole lot of details I don't wanna mention here. Phones should NEVER be used if FOUND even if it's a torchlight fone!
i get it

2 Likes

Re: Taxi drivers, What Do You Do To Forgotten Items When You Can't Trace The Owner? by Freebirs(f): 5:43pm On Sep 11, 2021
Dash am out
Re: Taxi drivers, What Do You Do To Forgotten Items When You Can't Trace The Owner? by Myhusband(m): 5:51pm On Sep 11, 2021
did taxi with my first car golf 3, years back, someone forgot his big phone worth of 100k in my front sit, I wouldn't have know if he had sat at the back because I later picked some passengers after he alighted.

I waited for good 2days and I didn't see anyone calling back, I guess the sim in the phone is not his main line, after waiting for more than 48hrs, I just check the phone and got his WhatsApp, so I log in and chat with one of his friend that he should call so so number, he called and we arrange how to meet. he couldn't hold his joy, he said he wasn't even precise where the phone fell, he tried to compensate me but I politely rejected it because it could have been me or anyone

3 Likes

Re: Taxi drivers, What Do You Do To Forgotten Items When You Can't Trace The Owner? by Gfskw: 6:48pm On Sep 11, 2021
Oh
Re: Taxi drivers, What Do You Do To Forgotten Items When You Can't Trace The Owner? by lavenjcrown(m): 6:49pm On Sep 11, 2021
Taxi driver not uber.
ihimiray:
At least u made a call before picking them up...u can call the number back
Re: Taxi drivers, What Do You Do To Forgotten Items When You Can't Trace The Owner? by FEGEITOK: 8:33pm On Sep 11, 2021
udomma1005:

A policeman was arrested for using a stolen phone several years later. He claimed he bought the phone but no proof. He eventually admitted he was in possession of a stolen phone. Be begged to be given a chance to compensate the owner monetarily.

The only thing saving him from trouble is that he is a policeman and his colleagues have issues prosecuting one of their own.

Nothing stops the owner instituting a civil case/fundamental rights against the policeman and making claims based on infringement of property rights.

Don't take avoidable risks

The courts will not shield the policeman
Re: Taxi drivers, What Do You Do To Forgotten Items When You Can't Trace The Owner? by Kingpee2(m): 9:04pm On Sep 11, 2021
ghettochild:

iPhone x can be bypassed currently with sim card working inside it
Seriously ,didn’t notice ..

1 Like

Re: Taxi drivers, What Do You Do To Forgotten Items When You Can't Trace The Owner? by makavelli80(m): 9:24pm On Sep 11, 2021
FEGEITOK:

Phone has IMEI. That's a Greek gift.....there are security implications....don't set someone up for a case that can turn very bad
trojan!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Is An "Idle Relearn Procedure"? / 2 Car Struggles We Went Through That Kids Of Nowadays Won’t Understand / Is Toyota Matrix A Very Good Car For Guys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.