Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,517 members, 7,958,569 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 05:28 PM

Soludo’s Politics Of Poverty, Market Photoshoot And Anambra 2021 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soludo’s Politics Of Poverty, Market Photoshoot And Anambra 2021 (1050 Views)

Anambra 2021: Group Adopts Dr. Godwin Maduka / FG Completes New Orashi Bridge Linking Imo And Anambra States (Pictures) / 10 Billionaires Eye Anambra 2021 Governorship Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soludo’s Politics Of Poverty, Market Photoshoot And Anambra 2021 by 774ngr: 3:37am On Sep 11, 2021
Nigerian politicians, in a build-up to the 2015 general elections, unveiled a yet to be matched sophistry in any electioneering campaign since the amalgamation of 1914. They christened it connecting to the poor masses but over the years Nigerians have acceded that these political gimmicks are the basest of mockery to their sensibilities.

Nigerians watched the theatre of the absurd; from the pap drinking Ortom of Benue to the ‘ponmo’ buying Fayose of Ekiti. Imolites laughed to smithereens as they watched Rochas bottle feed babies while roasting yellow corn by the roadside. Who would forget the corn eating duo of Oshiomole and Obaseki. And how Atiku gulped down sachets of pure water while eating from rusted aluminium plates made the comedy bearable.

Granted, these were theatrics they needed to display to prove they were felt what the masses were passing through but over the years , the policy thrust they unleashed after winning these elections have left Nigerians poorer. Politicians engaging in these shows of public sympathy after 2015 are regarded as retrogressive.

On Prof. Charles Chukwuma Soludo, when I saw pictures of him warming up to indigent market women at Oye Afuzor market in Isuofia and buying their wares, the emotions I went through in seconds were revulsion, disappointment, shame and exasperation. For a man of his standing to still play such politics of deprivation and public sympathy is way too low.

Continue reading... https://www.774ngr.com/2021/09/10/soludos-politics-of-poverty-market-photoshoot-and-anambra-2021/

Re: Soludo’s Politics Of Poverty, Market Photoshoot And Anambra 2021 by 774ngr: 3:37am On Sep 11, 2021
Re: Soludo’s Politics Of Poverty, Market Photoshoot And Anambra 2021 by Tony3245(m): 5:33am On Sep 11, 2021
Poverty of the mind.

Kindly check my signature
Re: Soludo’s Politics Of Poverty, Market Photoshoot And Anambra 2021 by SpatialKing(m): 6:21am On Sep 11, 2021
Same people
Same criminals
Re: Soludo’s Politics Of Poverty, Market Photoshoot And Anambra 2021 by tamdun: 6:24am On Sep 11, 2021
He is not yet a governor and he's already deceiving his people grin
Re: Soludo’s Politics Of Poverty, Market Photoshoot And Anambra 2021 by Randerl: 6:38am On Sep 11, 2021
If Soludo can be useful to Nigeria during OBJ's regime, definitely he is still relevant in the scheme of things going on in Anambra and the nation at large.

Soludo fits the job well. A round peg in that round hole. His expertise in Political Economy will do wonders to Anambra State as the Next Governor.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Soludo’s Politics Of Poverty, Market Photoshoot And Anambra 2021 by SimSify(m): 7:01am On Sep 11, 2021
Soludo Is the Solution!!
embarassed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Do you still take Nigeria politicians serious?
Re: Soludo’s Politics Of Poverty, Market Photoshoot And Anambra 2021 by EagleNest(m): 8:52am On Sep 11, 2021
He's using every method to appeal to masses and canvass vote. Judge him later after 2-3 years. If he fails to lift up Anambrarians, then he will be counted as same of the same.

Until then let's wait and see.

2 Likes

Re: Soludo’s Politics Of Poverty, Market Photoshoot And Anambra 2021 by Nobody: 9:21am On Sep 11, 2021
He's simply playing their game. It's either that or he loses.

Doesn't mean he won't perform though.

He's one Igbo man that I know that contributed immensely to Nigeria's economic growth in recent years.

If he had been allowed to do the redecimalization of the Naira he wanted to do then, the Naira won't be galloping at over 530 per dollar today.

The exact same thing Ghana did and their currency is fairly stable.
Re: Soludo’s Politics Of Poverty, Market Photoshoot And Anambra 2021 by Zenithh: 9:50am On Sep 11, 2021
Soludo should know better than playing this kind of outdated politics. Though a better choice but belongs to the wrongest party.

APGA is a party filled with hungry urchins...I hope d Anambra pple vote out the party. Eights years and nothing to show for it. Anambra stinks as well as the whole South East region. Dirty pple and a dirty region filled with heaps of dirts and bad roads. Igbos where’s that chest u luv to beat again?
Re: Soludo’s Politics Of Poverty, Market Photoshoot And Anambra 2021 by duro4chang(m): 10:51am On Sep 11, 2021
Even a professor can do things like this? Perhaps, he was persuaded to do it by his followers.
Re: Soludo’s Politics Of Poverty, Market Photoshoot And Anambra 2021 by epondudu: 10:52am On Sep 11, 2021
There is nothing wrong with this.
It's politics and they do anything to get what they want.
Re: Soludo’s Politics Of Poverty, Market Photoshoot And Anambra 2021 by TEDHorsePower: 9:42pm On Sep 12, 2021
Kasy the illiterate Nsukka miscreant. Instead of you to.face your useless worthless bastard shithole Enugu state that's being ruled by an illiterate Nsukka local champion called Ugwuanyi.

Keep fooling around until I contact Christian before dealing with Ogenyi family

[s]
Zenithh:
Soludo should know better than playing this kind of outdated politics. Though a better choice but belongs to the wrongest party.APGA is a party filled with hungry urchins...I hope d Anambra pple vote out the party. Eights years and nothing to show for it. Anambra stinks as well as the whole South East region. Dirty pple and a dirty region filled with heaps of dirts and bad roads. Igbos where’s that chest u luv to beat again?
[/s]
Re: Soludo’s Politics Of Poverty, Market Photoshoot And Anambra 2021 by Zenithh: 9:48pm On Sep 12, 2021
TEDHorsePower:
Kasy the illiterate Nsukka miscreant. Instead of you to.face your useless worthless bastard shithole Enugu state that's being ruled by an illiterate Nsukka local champion called Ugwuanyi.

Keep fooling around until I contact Christian before dealing with Ogenyi family

[s][/s]

Abeg what’s all these gibberish this one is spewing here? Are u ok at all?
I don’t even get d head and tail. You brought ur stinking self into my mention.
Ode lasun,Se wa okay?
You need to be taken to Yaba seriously. That’s where ur type are kept. If u don’t geddifok ehn
Re: Soludo’s Politics Of Poverty, Market Photoshoot And Anambra 2021 by TEDHorsePower: 9:53pm On Sep 12, 2021
Kasy the illiterate Nsukka miscreant. We have more recent pictures of all your family members. I am warning you now but you think I am joking. When the boys strike again it will be too bad for Ogenyi family.

[s]
Zenithh:
Abeg what’s all these gibberish this one is spewing here? Are u ok at all? don’t even get d head and tail of your posts..
was chatting with a more refined gentleman,Oremi22. You brought ur stinking self into my mention.
Ode lasun,Se wa okay?
You need to be taken to Yaba seriously. That’s where ur type are kept. If u don’t geddifok ehn
[/s]

(1) (Reply)

New DW TV documentary finish Nigerians abroad. more than 80 million live view / Brazilian Vs Nigerian Frustration Level 2021 / BREAKING: PVCs Have Not Expired, INEC Counters Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.