Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,194 members, 7,818,642 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:35 PM

11 Financial Steps You Should Take Before Age 40 - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 11 Financial Steps You Should Take Before Age 40 (41862 Views)

Here Are The Simple Steps You Can Apply To Make N5k Daily Into Your Local Bank / 9 Giant Steps You Must Take To Get A Good Job / 9 Giant Steps You Must Take To Get A Good Job. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 11 Financial Steps You Should Take Before Age 40 by money121(m): 9:12am On Sep 11, 2021
Ok
Re: 11 Financial Steps You Should Take Before Age 40 by Senoiret(m): 9:14am On Sep 11, 2021
Lmao, I'm 20+ and I'm already up this burden up enough
Vipro:

Life is believed to begin at age 40. Before you turn 40, you should have reached some financial milestones in life to make your years as enjoyable as possible.

I share your financial steps you need to take before you turn 40. If you have reached the age of 40, you can still begin to achieve these financial goals, because I think it is never too late to achieve something in life. if you have the commitment and courage.

The list below shows my personal recommendations. You have the choice to make them disappear or not. Still, I think your over-40s would be better if you reached those milestones before you were 40.

1. Pay off debt: Debt can be a major setback in your journey to financial security, especially compound interest debt. You must do everything in your power to pay off all of our debts from those with the highest interest rates.

Your goal should be to lead a debt-free life. Pay off your debt and make sure you don't take it back. You have more peace when you have no debts. Business loans are an exception. However, you should consider other ways to raise capital for your business before considering a business loan.

2. Build marketable skills: If you can do what others can’t do, they’re willing to pay for it. What skills do you have that other people would be willing to pay for? If you don’t have the skills yet, go learn it today. This is very important!

Try to learn a skill that is not common. If everyone can do it, the value will not be high. If you learn or develop a rare skill that you can do almost perfectly and that has a good demand, you can’t go bankrupt because your skills will always give you income.

Some good skills you can learn are graphic design, tablet publishing, hairdressing, catering and decorating, tailoring, vehicle mechanic, generator, computer repair and networking, computer programming, web design, welding and manufacturing, copywriting, nursing , carpentry, tiling, mosaic, application development, POP roof installation, electrical work and many more.

Most of these skills are not taught in colleges and universities, but they can feed you. Therefore, even if you are a graduate, you can learn the skills of someone who has one or in a skill development center. It aims to have at least a good marketable skill before the age of 40.

3. Develop a search for financial education: information is dynamic. New information comes out every day. What you know yesterday may be out of date. Therefore, you should always be alert to new information. You need to make an effort to update your financial knowledge.

Before you turn 40, you need to develop your reading skills. Reading is one of the greatest ways to gain knowledge. You need to learn regularly and quickly. Read good books and research online. For information, you need to learn how to use search engines like Google, Bing, AOL.com, Ask.com, and more.

Get a financial mentor: You need to follow someone who has done what you want them to do to prevent mistakes from being communicated by others and speed up your financial progress.

One way to follow a mentor is to read all of their books or articles.

5. Have an emergency fund -

The need to always have an emergency fund cannot be stressed. An emergency fund is money that goes to your bank account for serious emergencies such as job losses, illness, accidents, disability, and so on. Experts recommend that your monthly living cost be as an emergency fund for at least 6 months.

This money should have good liquidity, but it's best not to keep it in a savings account where you have access to it and for depreciation. You can save the emergency fund to a mutual fund account.

6. Start your own part-time or full-time business - if you’re not starting a business before the age of 40, when will you start it? When do you grow old? Business is a risk and the older you get, the less appetite and risk aversion.

Try starting a business before you turn 40. You can do this part time if you are employed. This will help you learn from your mistakes, grow, and gain experience. Business mistakes and failures get better when you are younger than at age.

7. Get married and have all your children: You have a more balanced view of married life with children. You may not agree with me, but I know that's true.

Married people almost jump into action without thinking. As a married person, think things through various perspectives and think before you move.

Think about the consequences of your actions, as it will affect your family in some way. You think about the couple and also make more balanced decisions, including business decisions, because two good bosses are better than one.

Having your children under the age of 40 also has several benefits, as it helps you grow with your children and helps carry the financial burden of raising your children while you are still young.

8. Build a solid base of passive income streams from paper assets. Paper assets are one of the greatest ways rich people make money almost effortlessly! Warren Buffett is one of the richest men on earth because of his paper assets. Imagine you have invested N50 000 000 in a mutual fund with a low annual interest rate of 10%. This means that it would earn approximately N5,000,000 annually and N 4,16,666 monthly. If you continue to invest interest and capital, you will increase even more in the coming years. Therefore, the rich are getting richer because they use the power compound to use the paper resources.

Before the age of 40, this is the best time to buy a lot of paper assets. Invest in stocks, treasury bills, bonds, mutual funds and other paper assets. He is interested in a wide range of paper resources.

9. Investing in real estate: Investing in real estate is one of the best investments you can ever make because it is always appreciated in value over time. In addition to food, rental housing costs are one of the biggest expenses for the family.

Before you turn 40, it would be good to build your house. See here how you can build your low-income home. In the worst case, even if you haven’t built a house, try to buy land before you’re 40 years old.

10. You have your own farm: Have you thought about how people without farmers would survive? You can say, ‘I don’t have to be a farmer, because I can always buy the food I need’. Let me ask you: What if you have money to buy food and there is no food to buy because there are no farmers?

Even if you don’t want to grow full time, try a backyard garden where they plant vegetables. This will help you appreciate the wonderful work that farmers do.

Investing in agriculture can also be a good way to build wealth. There is always a market available for agricultural products. I have written several articles on agro-industry and how you can benefit from it.

11. Start giving to others: You can get as much wealth and wealth as you can, but if you can’t find a way to help others, you won’t know what the accomplishment is. The true measure of life does not lie in how much you have, but in how much you give.

Start allocating a portion of your monthly income to help others, especially the needy, children, and the elderly. You can take responsibility for sponsoring a disadvantaged child through school. You can adopt a child. You can meet the needs of disadvantaged children and the elderly on a monthly basis.

I can really do this without the stress of writing articles and maintaining this blog as I don’t get a reasonable financial benefit from it. My joy, though, is that this blog is helping thousands of people overcome poverty and remain financially stable.

Start handing out people now. You don’t have to be very rich to help others. Give what little you have because it opens more doors of resources. There are many people around you who need your help and help. You can deliver cash or to babies in need, disabled and motherless at home. You can sponsor a poor child through school. There are inexhaustible ways to give to others.

Bonus Tips:

1. Write a will. Many financial experts recommend getting a lawyer to help you make a will that legally grants ownership of your properties to everyone you want when you go ahead. This is especially important in conflicting families.

2. Buy an insurance policy: Several financial experts also advise you to buy life insurance. The goal is to give your loved ones a financial advantage if you go further.

There you have it. It is not good for anyone to collect information unless it is used. The choice is yours.

For more suggestions, leave a comment in the section below.

Don't forget to like, share and follow me for more updates.
Re: 11 Financial Steps You Should Take Before Age 40 by Taiwojon(m): 9:15am On Sep 11, 2021
All this without having Jesus will equal to nothing.

Seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness and all these things (money,wealth, fame) shall be added unto thee.

Jesus is the giver of all

Give your life to JESUS first and enjoy all round prosperity.

Jesus saves

2 Likes

Re: 11 Financial Steps You Should Take Before Age 40 by Nobody: 9:18am On Sep 11, 2021
karimusaa:
Because of one useless meme you had to quote that long quote?

Nawa for your type ohh, I wonder the home you came from.

1 Like

Re: 11 Financial Steps You Should Take Before Age 40 by Slurity(m): 9:18am On Sep 11, 2021
Mr100Dollars:
30 is the most annoying age...
Wait till you get to 50 without direction to life then you can really tell the most annoying age.

1 Like

Re: 11 Financial Steps You Should Take Before Age 40 by Positiveme2020: 9:18am On Sep 11, 2021
Seniorwriter:
Using age as target of achieving financial sufficiency should not be pegged.....There is no lateness in SUCCESS!
The best time to start your financial sufficiency journey is NOW!

Well said , success can come anytime. I like your contributions here always well articulated.

@SENIORWRITER
Re: 11 Financial Steps You Should Take Before Age 40 by Oluwaseunbandur: 9:18am On Sep 11, 2021
It's always easy to type, but to follow is not realistic cos they are not real,
Re: 11 Financial Steps You Should Take Before Age 40 by Yoighaman(m): 9:19am On Sep 11, 2021
Vipro:

Life is believed to begin at age 40. Before you turn 40, you should have reached some financial milestones in life to make your years as enjoyable as possible.

I share your financial steps you need to take before you turn 40. If you have reached the age of 40, you can still begin to achieve these financial goals, because I think it is never too late to achieve something in life. if you have the commitment and courage.

The list below shows my personal recommendations. You have the choice to make them disappear or not. Still, I think your over-40s would be better if you reached those milestones before you were 40.

1. Pay off debt: Debt can be a major setback in your journey to financial security, especially compound interest debt. You must do everything in your power to pay off all of our debts from those with the highest interest rates.

Your goal should be to lead a debt-free life. Pay off your debt and make sure you don't take it back. You have more peace when you have no debts. Business loans are an exception. However, you should consider other ways to raise capital for your business before considering a business loan.

2. Build marketable skills: If you can do what others can’t do, they’re willing to pay for it. What skills do you have that other people would be willing to pay for? If you don’t have the skills yet, go learn it today. This is very important!

Try to learn a skill that is not common. If everyone can do it, the value will not be high. If you learn or develop a rare skill that you can do almost perfectly and that has a good demand, you can’t go bankrupt because your skills will always give you income.

Some good skills you can learn are graphic design, tablet publishing, hairdressing, catering and decorating, tailoring, vehicle mechanic, generator, computer repair and networking, computer programming, web design, welding and manufacturing, copywriting, nursing , carpentry, tiling, mosaic, application development, POP roof installation, electrical work and many more.

Most of these skills are not taught in colleges and universities, but they can feed you. Therefore, even if you are a graduate, you can learn the skills of someone who has one or in a skill development center. It aims to have at least a good marketable skill before the age of 40.

3. Develop a search for financial education: information is dynamic. New information comes out every day. What you know yesterday may be out of date. Therefore, you should always be alert to new information. You need to make an effort to update your financial knowledge.

Before you turn 40, you need to develop your reading skills. Reading is one of the greatest ways to gain knowledge. You need to learn regularly and quickly. Read good books and research online. For information, you need to learn how to use search engines like Google, Bing, AOL.com, Ask.com, and more.

Get a financial mentor: You need to follow someone who has done what you want them to do to prevent mistakes from being communicated by others and speed up your financial progress.

The need to always have an emergency fund cannot be stressed. An emergency fund is money that goes to your bank account for serious emergencies such as job losses, illness, accidents, disability, and so on. Experts recommend that your monthly living cost be as an emergency fund for at least 6 months.

This money should have good liquidity, but it's best not to keep it in a savings account where you have access to it and for depreciation. You can save the emergency fund to a mutual fund account.

6. Start your own part-time or full-time business - if you’re not starting a business before the age of 40, when will you start it? When do you grow old? Business is a risk and the older you get, the less appetite and risk aversion.

Try starting a business before you turn 40. You can do this part time if you are employed. This will help you learn from your mistakes, grow, and gain experience. Business mistakes and failures get better when you are younger than at age.

7. Get married and have all your children: You have a more balanced view of married life with children. You may not agree with me, but I know that's true.

Married people almost jump into action without thinking. As a married person, think things through various perspectives and think before you move.

Think about the consequences of your actions, as it will affect your family in some way. You think about the couple and also make more balanced decisions, including business decisions, because two good bosses are better than one.

Having your children under the age of 40 also has several benefits, as it helps you grow with your children and helps carry the financial burden of raising your children while you are still young.

8. Build a solid base of passive income streams from paper assets. Paper assets are one of the greatest ways rich people make money almost effortlessly! Warren Buffett is one of the richest men on earth because of his paper assets. Imagine you have invested N50 000 000 in a mutual fund with a low annual interest rate of 10%. This means that it would earn approximately N5,000,000 annually and N 4,16,666 monthly. If you continue to invest interest and capital, you will increase even more in the coming years. Therefore, the rich are getting richer because they use the power compound to use the paper resources.

Before the age of 40, this is the best time to buy a lot of paper assets. Invest in stocks, treasury bills, bonds, mutual funds and other paper assets. He is interested in a wide range of paper resources.

9. Investing in real estate: Investing in real estate is one of the best investments you can ever make because it is always appreciated in value over time. In addition to food, rental housing costs are one of the biggest expenses for the family.

Before you turn 40, it would be good to build your house. See here how you can build your low-income home. In the worst case, even if you haven’t built a house, try to buy land before you’re 40 years old.

10. You have your own farm: Have you thought about how people without farmers would survive? You can say, ‘I don’t have to be a farmer, because I can always buy the food I need’. Let me ask you: What if you have money to buy food and there is no food to buy because there are no farmers?

Even if you don’t want to grow full time, try a backyard garden where they plant vegetables. This will help you appreciate the wonderful work that farmers do.

Investing in agriculture can also be a good way to build wealth. There is always a market available for agricultural products. I have written several articles on agro-industry and how you can benefit from it.

11. Start giving to others: You can get as much wealth and wealth as you can, but if you can’t find a way to help others, you won’t know what the accomplishment is. The true measure of life does not lie in how much you have, but in how much you give.

Start allocating a portion of your monthly income to help others, especially the needy, children, and the elderly. You can take responsibility for sponsoring a disadvantaged child through school. You can adopt a child. You can meet the needs of disadvantaged children and the elderly on a monthly basis.

I can really do this without the stress of writing articles and maintaining this blog as I don’t get a reasonable financial benefit from it. My joy, though, is that this blog is helping thousands of people overcome poverty and remain financially stable.

Start handing out people now. You don’t have to be very rich to help others. Give what little you have because it opens more doors of resources. There are many people around you who need your help and help. You can deliver cash or to babies in need, disabled and motherless at home. You can sponsor a poor child through school. There are inexhaustible ways to give to others.

Bonus Tips:

1. Write a will. Many financial experts recommend getting a lawyer to help you make a will that legally grants ownership of your properties to everyone you want when you go ahead. This is especially important in conflicting families.

2. Buy an insurance policy: Several financial experts also advise you to buy life insurance. The goal is to give your loved ones a financial advantage if you go further.

There you have it. It is not good for anyone to collect information unless it is used. The choice is yours.

@OP:

Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Re: 11 Financial Steps You Should Take Before Age 40 by Nobody: 9:19am On Sep 11, 2021
beautyfunke:
copy and paste..ask Op how many quality from this write up that he possessed?
Must you quote everything angry

Beauty without brain = f00lishness.

1 Like

Re: 11 Financial Steps You Should Take Before Age 40 by orikoku: 9:19am On Sep 11, 2021
Bless you op for this write up, but is not like that in Nigeria, except for people who God give the grace. Thousands of over 40yrs people roaming the streets in every state of Nigeria. Just a year for me to be 40, still teaching in a private school, no, backup money, no emergency money, no savings, no anything, God please help me.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 11 Financial Steps You Should Take Before Age 40 by Yellowtree: 9:20am On Sep 11, 2021
This is good
Re: 11 Financial Steps You Should Take Before Age 40 by olusun43(m): 9:21am On Sep 11, 2021
One of the best things I have ever read in 2021

1 Like

Re: 11 Financial Steps You Should Take Before Age 40 by Slurity(m): 9:21am On Sep 11, 2021
beautyfunke:
copy and paste..ask Op how many quality from this write up that he possessed?
At least he has done well to pass the good information to others. He has bless people with that gesture. We need to ask you when your own copy and paste ever make front page.

2 Likes

Re: 11 Financial Steps You Should Take Before Age 40 by olaniyilukman(m): 9:21am On Sep 11, 2021
All these are mere theories and they cannot work in environment called Nigeria...
Re: 11 Financial Steps You Should Take Before Age 40 by jericco1(m): 9:22am On Sep 11, 2021
This is only applicable in countries with functional facilities not this deadbeat country we all are
Re: 11 Financial Steps You Should Take Before Age 40 by Kokaine(m): 9:23am On Sep 11, 2021
Vipro:

Bonus Tips:

trust me most Nigerians know these things.
But because if conditions of the real world. That is: the world as it really is, different from how we want it to be. The 40years old man you see without these assets may have been struggling to get them since he was 18.

In all things, give God the praise and do not worry too much. Na who dey alive dey get asset. Kidnappers just took someone's daughter from the estate close to our own. He offered them all he had with his car, they said no. That its Fatima they want. They have gone with her. Now he is waiting to hear from them. The country is fuckt. Rich or poor, asset or none, the country is gone to the dogs.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 11 Financial Steps You Should Take Before Age 40 by braine(m): 9:27am On Sep 11, 2021
Mokason288:
Very interesting

Remove no 11
Giving to others

Rubbish... how many people have you seen Dangote or Adenuga giving to?

They do it lowkey. Thats why its important for these people to show it on social media sometimes.
Re: 11 Financial Steps You Should Take Before Age 40 by kerry57: 9:28am On Sep 11, 2021
Mokason288:
Very interesting

Remove no 11
Giving to others

Bro giving is key to receiving anytime, that is why xtians, Muslims, pegans, atheist etc preach it. U might not know. The Dangote, adenuga u mentioned have a lot of NGOs that they use in giving back to the poor. Do u know that Dangote with his tight schedule sometimes in the past once in a month or so will always visit zamfara state for a free girl child education that he sponsors through an NGO. When he pledged to be physically coming for it people thought he was joking not until he starting showing up. Giving is very key mostly when u give without expecting anything in return.

2 Likes

Re: 11 Financial Steps You Should Take Before Age 40 by Ykc2(m): 9:29am On Sep 11, 2021
Motivational speaker on nairaland
Re: 11 Financial Steps You Should Take Before Age 40 by Lightorder: 9:32am On Sep 11, 2021
Mokason288:
Very interesting

Remove no 11
Giving to others

you have been disconnected. They don’t announce it , saying out of experience
Re: 11 Financial Steps You Should Take Before Age 40 by OmovuduTheBeast(f): 9:42am On Sep 11, 2021
SimplyFacts:
Kudos to you, OP, for this insightful post. Like some people already said, it's easier said than done.

But you see that marriage part, I cannot come & kill myself o. I need to make much dough before bringing any child(ren) to this world. I do not wish even my enemies some of my past experiences, not to mention my children. While you're downtrodden with the thoughts of how to get your school fees, the so-called big boys would be jubilating over the purchase of new car(s). Make 'em still dey play for heaven o. A fulfilling marriage & money go side by side. I stand to be corrected though.

You don't stand to be corrected. You are already correct

2 Likes

Re: 11 Financial Steps You Should Take Before Age 40 by Blackdisciple(m): 9:44am On Sep 11, 2021
Mr100Dollars:

Hmmmm...!

Re: 11 Financial Steps You Should Take Before Age 40 by Ejiekwu1(m): 9:44am On Sep 11, 2021
May God help us in making good decisions
Re: 11 Financial Steps You Should Take Before Age 40 by cliffypatt(m): 9:48am On Sep 11, 2021
Joysticks:
You are advising someone to do all these tasks in this bad economy and governance? Na where una dey from copy and paste all these foreign articles that is unrealistic in Nigeria?

I wonder

1 Like

Re: 11 Financial Steps You Should Take Before Age 40 by LOVEGINO(m): 9:55am On Sep 11, 2021
No5 make me laf. Emergency fund for dis bubu regime. Na who chop bellefull dey think of dat one cheesy
Re: 11 Financial Steps You Should Take Before Age 40 by Zeus111: 9:56am On Sep 11, 2021
[quote author=slawormiir post=105703129]Damnnn niggar
Isoright
Motivational speakers...

I hate debt...

Start giving to others.....teach them how to fish
The easiest way to become a Billionaire is to make sure that the people around you are millionaires first

Hmmmm
Re: 11 Financial Steps You Should Take Before Age 40 by evil1: 9:57am On Sep 11, 2021
Very nice... I agree to the above analysis and submissions
Re: 11 Financial Steps You Should Take Before Age 40 by odysey: 10:00am On Sep 11, 2021
Mokason288:
Very interesting

Remove no 11
Giving to others

Those guys are the biggest givers

1 Like

Re: 11 Financial Steps You Should Take Before Age 40 by Mikael0407(m): 10:25am On Sep 11, 2021
Mr100Dollars:
Really? Why is that??
Re: 11 Financial Steps You Should Take Before Age 40 by Gbabe2: 10:37am On Sep 11, 2021
Vipro:

Try to learn a skill that is not common. If everyone can do it, the value

Nice write up. In addition to the above points, don’t buy what you don’t need. These days you will people acquiring stuffs that doesn’t add value ( eg expensive iPhones and Samsung phones). Also, it’s always good to have this can do spirit. Never underestimate your academic achievements as well, the future might look bleak but definitely there is light outside of the tunnel. Definitely, a day is coming when opportunity will meet hardwork.

2 Likes

Re: 11 Financial Steps You Should Take Before Age 40 by Gbabe2: 10:40am On Sep 11, 2021
odysey:

Those guys are the biggest givers

I agree with you. There is joy in giving.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2016 Police Recruitment: Pray Hard If You're In This Group / Miraculous Way I Got A Job Without Connection!!! - Life Testimony / STERLING BANK RECRUITMENT- The True Story!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.