Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,618 members, 7,820,196 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:14 AM

How FIRS Works - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How FIRS Works (596 Views)

How FIRS, Other Agencies Miss Revenue Targets / How To Get Your FIRS TIN Online In 5mins Or Less / Restaurateur Cries Out After Being Confronted With Bills Worth Millions By FIRS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How FIRS Works by gonkin(m): 7:06am On Sep 11, 2021
Someone should tell me how FIRS works cuz someone close to me has been complaining of always paying yet it seems like the payment doesn't finish. He pays constantly yet they claim he's got outstanding debt. Close to 250k per quarter from quarterly payments of 2.7m.

Now he's been wrecked for almost 6months and gone out of business. Individuals claiming to be from FIRS came visiting his closed store claiming he still owes about 400k.

My question is how does their taxing system work. Why are they taking so much. Also after consulting me, I had a suspicion that his financial auditor does some foul play cuz. Its since he began auditing that's when the endless bills began for almost 2 years now. And he claimed the company was fined but all fines were cleared fines of up to 2m. With audit certificates of 4 years straight. NO EMAIL WAS EVER RECEIVED FROM FIRS.

So what the issue here... Why do they still come claiming there's outstanding debt. because the company has folded up for almost 6months with no debts. Why the claim from these individuals. Or is someone(probably the auditor) trying to goof around. Cuz when I asked he claimed they didn't show an id card (what the new resident of the store said)
Re: How FIRS Works by orisa37: 7:28am On Sep 11, 2021
FIRS(TAX COLLECTORS) ARE CORRUPT. THE RICHER YOU ARE THE MORE YOU INCUR THEIR WRATH FOR INVESTIGATION TO CHARGE YOU.
Re: How FIRS Works by orisa37: 7:31am On Sep 11, 2021
FIRS(TAX COLLECTORS) ARE CORRUPT. THE RICHER YOU ARE THE MORE YOU INCUR THEIR WRATH FOR INVESTIGATION TO CHARGE YOU.

GET AN AUDITOR TODAY TO NEGOTIATE ON YOUR BEHALF WITH FIRS AND OBTAIN TAX CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE FOR YOUR COMPANY EVERY YEAR.
Re: How FIRS Works by orisa37: 7:35am On Sep 11, 2021

GET AN AUDITOR TODAY TO NEGOTIATE ON YOUR BEHALF WITH FIRS.
Re: How FIRS Works by gonkin(m): 7:38am On Sep 11, 2021
orisa37:

GET AN AUDITOR TODAY TO NEGOTIATE ON YOUR BEHALF WITH FIRS AND OBTAIN TAX CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE FOR YOUR COMPANY EVERY YEAR.

Yes theres a clearance certificate for each year till the company closed down all taxes were cleared but why are they still coming when all payments were cleared and the company no longer runs
Re: How FIRS Works by famouscargo4u: 7:45am On Sep 11, 2021
There is always tax audit done to verify what you paid. If you're found not to have paid the correct thing, you will be made to pay additional tax
Re: How FIRS Works by gonkin(m): 8:08am On Sep 11, 2021
famouscargo4u:
There is always tax audit done to verify what you paid. If you're found not to have paid the correct thing, you will be made to pay additional tax

I believe after it has been verified a certificate is given
Re: How FIRS Works by orisa37: 8:42am On Sep 11, 2021
Until RESTRUCTURING is done and done well, FIRS should contend with CAMA for Public Liability Companies and Limited COMPANIES.

State Inland Revenue Services (SIRS) are always in charge of VATS PAYES AND SMALL AND MEDIUM SCALE NON LIMITED BUSINESSES INCOMES, TAXES.

BUHARINOMICS IS HEADING FOR TOTALITARIANISM WITHOUT KNOWING AND WITH THE COLLUSION OF THE MINISTRIES IN THE GOVERNMENT.

The conniving and thiefry boldness of FIRS to ask for own REVENUE COURTS AND FOR ITS ACTIVITIES BE MOVED TO THE EXCLUSIVE LIST IS EVIL. ALSO THE FG MEDDLING TOO SEARCHINGLY INTO SMALL AND MEDIUM SCALE BUSINESSES FOR POLITICAL VANTAGES IS RIDICULOUS, UNCONVENTIONAL AND TOTALITARIAN.

ALL RECOVERIES OF LOOTS AND LOANS SHOULD BE SHARED EQUALLY WITH THE CONSTITUTIONAL STATE GOVERNMENTS TO FINANCE A FG PREDETERMINED DEVELOPMENTAL PROJECTS AND PROGRAMS. THERE SHOULD BE NO RUGA AND SHARIANISATION OF OUR GRASSROOTS IN ANY OF OUR FEDERAL GOVERNMENT SYSTEMS

TO: AFENIFERE OHANAEZE PANDEF MIDDLE BELT GROUPS AREWA AND WAO-WIKE AKEREDOLU ORTOM. GOD BLESS NIGERIA.

From Orunto27.

(1) (Reply)

ATM DISPENSE ERROR: WHAT THE COURT OF APPEAL DECIDED AND WHY BANKS SHOULD CARE / WhatsApp Lead Generation: The Ultimate Skill to Business Revenue Boost / Which Business Can I Start With 4.5 Million?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.