Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,195 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:19 AM

Ronaldo Beats Messi In Shirt-Sales As His No 7 Brings In £187 Million In A Week - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ronaldo Beats Messi In Shirt-Sales As His No 7 Brings In £187 Million In A Week (25692 Views)

Lewandowski Beats Messi, Jorginho To 2021 Golden Player Award / EPL: Ronaldo Breaks Shirt Sales Record In 24 Hours / Van Dijk Beats Messi & CR7 To UEFA Men's Player Of The Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ronaldo Beats Messi In Shirt-Sales As His No 7 Brings In £187 Million In A Week by goodheart02(m): 11:03am On Sep 11, 2021
feckos:
It's expected. Normal English media hype. Messi would net twice that amount if he came to England.

Man United also has 10x the number of fans compared to PSG so this is not special at all.

So why didn't he come to England Was anybody stopping him?? Una go just dey talk nonsense. Messi wey dey fear challenge go come England

Everytime Messi would have, Messi would have, na wetin we dey hear
Re: Ronaldo Beats Messi In Shirt-Sales As His No 7 Brings In £187 Million In A Week by Maliqcious: 11:04am On Sep 11, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
Isoright

It doesn't matter
Just shirt sales..

At the end one is going to be a play maker

While the other one sits in the box waiting for penalties and tapings
hustlers and dreamers don't hate a fellow hustler. Your hate for cr7 is weak, lame and childish Nigga go light a joint, very necessary
Re: Ronaldo Beats Messi In Shirt-Sales As His No 7 Brings In £187 Million In A Week by vican6(m): 11:05am On Sep 11, 2021
Ronaldo the greatest player of all times.he keeps breaking all records.
Re: Ronaldo Beats Messi In Shirt-Sales As His No 7 Brings In £187 Million In A Week by goodheart02(m): 11:10am On Sep 11, 2021
Och77:
Ronaldo was even lucky to get his no 7 jersey unlike Messi who didn't get his no 10. I do not think Ronaldo would have gotten same record sales if his jersey number was 25, 30 ,15 or whatever but 7. And just like someone highlighted earlier, Man united is a far bigger brand compared to PSG. These are the true indices not undermining Ronaldo's popularity

That's what we are sayin naa... CR7 is the world's best brand so his number 7 jersey must stand. But Messi's number 10 isn't a brand in anyway.
Re: Ronaldo Beats Messi In Shirt-Sales As His No 7 Brings In £187 Million In A Week by ifiokjohn(m): 11:12am On Sep 11, 2021
Vinnie2000:

They will beat Man City wella, if they want to..
Who be City?

City that lost 3x to Tuchel's Chelsea..
Chelsea go even Beat Dem Again on the 26th of dis month..
Next 2 Saturdays from now! U will see. sad lipsrsealed
And same city beat your psg with naymar and mpape and the rest.. except Messi and Ramos...who else for psg where city supposed fear? Infact I will leave Chelsea to beat psg...
Re: Ronaldo Beats Messi In Shirt-Sales As His No 7 Brings In £187 Million In A Week by pappilo(m): 11:13am On Sep 11, 2021
Fake news!

£187M ko, 187 Murder ni
Re: Ronaldo Beats Messi In Shirt-Sales As His No 7 Brings In £187 Million In A Week by Decide2rise: 11:14am On Sep 11, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
Isoright

It doesn't matter
Just shirt sales..

Bra i dey follow your comments on Ronaldo always and I found out you hate him so much but I tell you this, Ronaldo is greater than Messi as far as the round leather game is concerned. Messi is not among the top 3 best dribblers of all time and moreover football is all about dribbling if not Denilson would have been the world best footballer ever. So I what you to know there's more to football than dribbling
Re: Ronaldo Beats Messi In Shirt-Sales As His No 7 Brings In £187 Million In A Week by Oladeleeleniyan(m): 11:16am On Sep 11, 2021
johnjay4u2u:
At the end, it's all business.

It's a reflection that the society has a large percentage of people living a comfortable lifestyle and can waste few on getting a shirt they want and don't need.

Na man wey don chop belle full dey buy jersey.
U dey mind them?shm
Re: Ronaldo Beats Messi In Shirt-Sales As His No 7 Brings In £187 Million In A Week by goodheart02(m): 11:20am On Sep 11, 2021
Kingcalls:

U guys make me laugh...so whats any ones business that Messi leaves freekicks and penalties for someone else ( which he hardlyyyyyyyyyyyyy does) its his choice... if im a billionaire and I dash half of my wealth to charity, then I'm no longer a billionaire, imagine me now comparing myself with another billionaire and given excuses ...no one cares... dribbles ooo , assists ooo, feeekicks oooo all those na crap ...cos a goal supersedes all those other ones .... a goal is the only think that can win u games ...not dribbles or assists... Ronaldo has the record in the CL with highest complete dribbles in a game and has the highest assist in CL history also has more freekicks goals than messi ...his fans don't talk aboutvit cos its inconsequential..now u guys are just making a mockery of urselves talking about assists d dribbles...Ronaldo is heading to 37...no one dribbles effectively at that age

Bro stop answering this deluded Messi fans. They expect CR7 to still bother about dribbles at his age. Yet the dude still dribbles once in a while o
Re: Ronaldo Beats Messi In Shirt-Sales As His No 7 Brings In £187 Million In A Week by Nobody: 11:21am On Sep 11, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
Isoright

It doesn't matter
Just shirt sales..

slowman or slowpoke you called yourself, if God made you like CR7, you won’t be doing fraud up and down. If you remember CR7 brand you will beg God in your next life to made you like him. Respect the man, CR7/Messi is not your family member or your friend and they don’t even know us
Re: Ronaldo Beats Messi In Shirt-Sales As His No 7 Brings In £187 Million In A Week by Oladeleeleniyan(m): 11:23am On Sep 11, 2021
Numerouno94:
Even a goat knws that United has more fans nd structure wen compared to PSG so wats this unnecessary comparison? Ronaldo fan boys re grossly insecured, always trying to compare Ronaldo to Messi abeg una no dey tire? grin grin
The thing tire me oooo
The most dumbest knows that Man U have more fans base in the world wide than PSG,who knows PSG before?
Massiel,Monaco,Bodeux etc.. are more bigger club than PSG before the arrival of the Quatari owner..he was the one that brought PSG to the surface of the world..
So,am surprised with all these hype about shirt sales...
Man and PSG are not the same league,by comparing them is even an achievement for PSG.
But United fans will see it as if they have achieved anything special with this development grin grin grin
Re: Ronaldo Beats Messi In Shirt-Sales As His No 7 Brings In £187 Million In A Week by Nobody: 11:25am On Sep 11, 2021
He now wants to use T-SHIRTS to win BALLON D'OR. Penalties are not forthcoming grin grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ronaldo Beats Messi In Shirt-Sales As His No 7 Brings In £187 Million In A Week by yetunsbay(m): 11:25am On Sep 11, 2021
feckos:
It's expected. Normal English media hype. Messi would net twice that amount if he came to England.

Man United also has 10x the number of fans compared to PSG so this is not special at all.
nobody ask him not to come
Re: Ronaldo Beats Messi In Shirt-Sales As His No 7 Brings In £187 Million In A Week by stan4guy6(m): 11:26am On Sep 11, 2021
johnjay4u2u:
At the end, it's all business.

It's a reflection that the society has a large percentage of people living a comfortable lifestyle and can waste few on getting a shirt they want and don't need.

Na man wey don chop belle full dey buy jersey.
you just made a serious vital point.
I pity who no dey work hard a lot of people are doing fine in this our society
Re: Ronaldo Beats Messi In Shirt-Sales As His No 7 Brings In £187 Million In A Week by yetunsbay(m): 11:26am On Sep 11, 2021
izubext007:
God , I wish this guy is my brother or cousin.
give one reason ?

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Beats Messi In Shirt-Sales As His No 7 Brings In £187 Million In A Week by Oladeleeleniyan(m): 11:34am On Sep 11, 2021
2loadedguy:
You people should stop comparing everything and and allow these two greats to be In peace jareh. Very soon we will be making headlines with Ronaldo surpasses Messi in who can shit most.
Walahi the thing tire me oo angry
Re: Ronaldo Beats Messi In Shirt-Sales As His No 7 Brings In £187 Million In A Week by Oladeleeleniyan(m): 11:44am On Sep 11, 2021
Kingcalls:
Lol...I just de pity messi minions...its a very hard job trolling Ronaldo....the harder they try the more record he breaks... I remember how they trolled Ronaldo ontop Jersey sales when psg signed him....they started comparing his Jersey sales in juve...now he has shamed them again

My advice to Messi minions, take Mourinho's advice , he said, when it comes to Ronaldo, just keep quiet cos his grace will drown u
For how long will it take U to know that this shirt sales has nothing to do with who is d best or not..but it base on the team fan base?
How many Fans PSG have in Nigeria?or Africa altogether?
Did Ronaldo make such record sales when he moved to Juventus?
How many fans Juve have in Nigeria and Africa?
Man Utd is a brand and have the largest fanbase together with Madrid in d World,it doesn't take a rocket science for someone to know this...
The fact that Messi shirt can sale that much is a good significant of his fans across the world..Note.am not a Messi or Ronaldo fans but a neutral Guyz just observing,I love them both.. comparing Man U and PSG in terms of fanbase is myopic!
Messi and Ronaldo are gift to our generation and we should all thank God that we witness their era!
Peace!
Re: Ronaldo Beats Messi In Shirt-Sales As His No 7 Brings In £187 Million In A Week by Oladeleeleniyan(m): 11:51am On Sep 11, 2021
Vinnie2000:

Dats just it..

You can't compare Man Utd and PSG..

Even if Messi or Ronaldo moves to Arsenal FC, the Shirts sales+other merchandise will be Astronomical...

PSG no reach diz UK top clubs.. sad

Gbam!!
Re: Ronaldo Beats Messi In Shirt-Sales As His No 7 Brings In £187 Million In A Week by jimter44(m): 11:52am On Sep 11, 2021
There is money in sports. If our government can harness very well, the sporting sector in Nigeria is capable of creating millions of jobs for the youths of the country.
Re: Ronaldo Beats Messi In Shirt-Sales As His No 7 Brings In £187 Million In A Week by OJEEMAH(m): 11:58am On Sep 11, 2021
BafanaBafana:
CR7 na brand, that's why the EPL did not hesitate in relaxing the rules so he could have his shirt.
Now it's more money for the EPL, more money for England, more money for TV stations, even Ismail who owns a football viewing center will make more money today.
Ronaldo is a phenomenon
No, they didn't bend the rule for him. James was sold to make No 21 free for Cavani.
Re: Ronaldo Beats Messi In Shirt-Sales As His No 7 Brings In £187 Million In A Week by whoawa(m): 12:01pm On Sep 11, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
Isoright

It doesn't matter
Just shirt sales..

I knew Ronaldo very well, he will go to the extent of paying an agency to be ordering the Shirt just to top Messi.

But we know better.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ronaldo Beats Messi In Shirt-Sales As His No 7 Brings In £187 Million In A Week by cyrilamx(m): 12:02pm On Sep 11, 2021
Comedian2019:

A United fan too, but Messi remains the GOAT.
The greatness of CR7 even went beyond this earth and gone celestial. It is in recognition of the G. O. A. T. He personifies, that made the international association of scientists to name a galaxy after him. Today CR7 remains the only footballer to have this honour.

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Beats Messi In Shirt-Sales As His No 7 Brings In £187 Million In A Week by Olisehinnocent: 12:08pm On Sep 11, 2021
As a Chelsea fan, I do love and support Cr7 but after joining our greatest enemy, Messi became my favorite shocked
Re: Ronaldo Beats Messi In Shirt-Sales As His No 7 Brings In £187 Million In A Week by NamelessOGBENI(m): 12:16pm On Sep 11, 2021
That's the business side and that's where I want to be.

As for the goals and assists, the fans will need something to keep themselves busy with.
Re: Ronaldo Beats Messi In Shirt-Sales As His No 7 Brings In £187 Million In A Week by fred04(m): 12:27pm On Sep 11, 2021
Common sense some people no get, man u have more fans than PSG (simple) they should have used time based yardstick (sales/hour) when they were announced
Re: Ronaldo Beats Messi In Shirt-Sales As His No 7 Brings In £187 Million In A Week by Tinyemeka(m): 12:30pm On Sep 11, 2021
Idol worshippers undecided
Re: Ronaldo Beats Messi In Shirt-Sales As His No 7 Brings In £187 Million In A Week by Duru009(m): 12:32pm On Sep 11, 2021
Like for RONALDO and share for MESSI

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ronaldo Beats Messi In Shirt-Sales As His No 7 Brings In £187 Million In A Week by Maxwell4404(m): 12:38pm On Sep 11, 2021
U fit use # Naira compare € Euro
Re: Ronaldo Beats Messi In Shirt-Sales As His No 7 Brings In £187 Million In A Week by EmmyCC: 12:53pm On Sep 11, 2021
GOAT
Re: Ronaldo Beats Messi In Shirt-Sales As His No 7 Brings In £187 Million In A Week by jimtemi1: 1:10pm On Sep 11, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
Isoright

It doesn't matter
Just shirt sales..

story for the gods.. Goal is goal

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigeria Vs Germany : Rio2016 Olympics : Your Thoughts On The Match? / Jay-jay Okocha Celebrates His 44th Birthday Today / Man Utd Fans Rubbish Claims That Ronaldo Was A 'problem' After Stunning Goal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.