Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,898 members, 7,814,035 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:50 AM

Rate Your State Governor From 1-10 And Give Reasons - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rate Your State Governor From 1-10 And Give Reasons (30239 Views)

The Best Lagos State Governor From 1999 Till Date? (Pictures) / No Governor From South East Showed Up In Court In Solidarity With MNK / Kogi APC Suspends Simon Achuba, Deputy Governor From The Party (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rate Your State Governor From 1-10 And Give Reasons by robinsonnunto: 10:27am On Sep 11, 2021
you too dey shalaye, u owe no one all this detailed explanation, all of them na thief. abi u be d SA to UDOM on Social media issues
DissTroyer:
State: Akwa Ibom

Governor: Mr. Udom Gabriel Emmanuel

Sector Ratings:

Health : 4/10

Asides renovating primary health centers in underserved communities, these centers are peopled with professionals who are more concerned about party loyalty and propaganda than actually serving the people.

We did undertake a study and the regularity of health workers in places outside the main cities of Uyo, Eket, Ikot Ekpene, Oron and Ikot Abasi is poor of the 31 LGAs. Measures should be put in place to ensure devotion to work by these health workers is paramount.

Security: 6/10

Since 2010, Akwa Ibom has relatively been the most peaceful state in Nigeria, with Uyo undoubtedly the most peaceful city in the country.
While Uyo is safe and has been so even since the time of Akpabio, that peace and safety should be spread to the suburbs and inner communities.
Ikot Ekpene city has been almost ridded of clashes. Eket is relatively peaceful.

Infrastructure : 4/10
The populace expected more from this government and while he is being praised in the media, it's because he seems to be one of the best amongst governors who are generally incompetent.

Akwa Ibom earns a lot but the governor spends most of these on vainglorious projects like the International Worship Center, the 21-Storey Smart Skyscraper and others.

He's tried to maintain some of the road projects begun by Akpabio but the projects aren't commensurate with the huge earnings by the state government.

In 2019 alone, Akwa Ibom state government earned about $443 million. For a state of 6 million people, if half was properly utilized, we'd be high up.

Human capital development: 3/10
The programmes initiated by government have mostly be politicised. I'd commend that most of the projects have been ICT-driven but being headed by politicians rubbishes everything and the aims - lofty as they might be - are derailed.

Education : 3/10

Agriculture: 5/10

Sports : 7/10
He's invested a lot in sport development, especially football. Akwa United, Ibom Starlets, Dakkada United and others in the state and now at the very top of football in the country.

But he's more focused on football and neglecting track sports.

I'm planning a bigger article for publication at some later date so I'd save the details.

Entertainment: 3/10
Entertainment in Nigeria has never been spurred by government so that's that.

Social services: 6/10
Rape, abuse and other such vices form a very key part of his administration.

He's declared a zero tolerance on cultism and many of these criminals have gone underground.

2 Likes

Re: Rate Your State Governor From 1-10 And Give Reasons by elmessiahs(m): 10:28am On Sep 11, 2021
Liebermantic:
Rivers State = 6/10
And dat 6 na for road project ooo
pH bro I hail you... Wida
Re: Rate Your State Governor From 1-10 And Give Reasons by CASTOSVILLA(m): 10:28am On Sep 11, 2021
Obiano of Anambra state. Minus 20. He has left us behind. The state is rotting badly.

1 Like

Re: Rate Your State Governor From 1-10 And Give Reasons by ubongdom: 10:30am On Sep 11, 2021
Zaikon:
Elrufai 6
Bros your rating are wrong pls.
Re: Rate Your State Governor From 1-10 And Give Reasons by sabreal: 10:30am On Sep 11, 2021
Lagos - 3

He is too munu compared to the last 2 on the matters of security, development and independence of decisions making. So Lagos people are no secure nor assured of future under his leadership.

GeneralKoko:
Good morning Nairalanders

I've been thinking of whom the best performing Governor or Government in Nigeria is and I'd love to hear your suggestions and opinions.

Rate your state Governor or Government from 1-10 and tell us why in detail.

You can also drop rating in the following sectors

Health
Security
Infrastructure
Human capital development
Education
Agriculture
Sports
Entertainment
Social services etc

Let's go!!!

Re: Rate Your State Governor From 1-10 And Give Reasons by babajero(m): 10:30am On Sep 11, 2021
0.5 because he is alive and sitting on the sit.
Re: Rate Your State Governor From 1-10 And Give Reasons by SlimDaddyPee: 10:32am On Sep 11, 2021
grin
AK481:

Him try, IKPEAZU AND UZODINMA GET MINUS
Re: Rate Your State Governor From 1-10 And Give Reasons by Destinylearning(m): 10:32am On Sep 11, 2021
Osun state.....

Inconclusive

1 Like

Re: Rate Your State Governor From 1-10 And Give Reasons by lexyclasy: 10:34am On Sep 11, 2021
GeneralKoko:

I've been thinking of whom the best performing Governor or Government in Nigeria is and I'd love to hear your suggestions and opinions.

Health -7/10 ( Employ more health workers, better pay, revamp 10 secondary health care in 10fed constituencies, etc.)
Security-7/10 ( The state is relatively peaceful stop the year long fighting between etim ekpo/Ukanafun, disorganize isokpafid group)
Infrastructure-8/10 ( revamp 10 new hospitals + Covid Centre, state secretariat Annex, Dakkada towers, Ibom air, Airport upgrade, ekom iman flyover, etinan-onna dual carriage, etinan-uyo dual carriage, etinan-eket dual carriage, ring road3 4lane carriage nung oku to oron road to uniuyo perm site, syringe factory, metering solution factory, kings flour mill, coconut oil refining coy, cottage industries, car assembly plant, EKET Urban renewal, Onna urban renewal, Ibom deep sea port at FBC Full Business Case status, various raods and bridges etc.
Human capital development-4/10 (not much here, though he send people to steel college Onitsha, and dakkada skill acquisition centre under construction at Ikot Ada Idem former GTC, )
Education-4/10 ( I expect him to do more here, COE Afaha nsit should attain degree awarding status by now with infrastructural dev. and accreditation) AKSU courses should all be accredited by now with new discipline springing up most especially like medical faculty, nursing science, Marine unit should be rejig with dedicated jetty and vessels as training aids etc., 90% Secondary schools should be well equipped by now)
Agriculture -6/10( Fertilizer blending plant Abak, Akwa prime and Hatchery uyo, Green house tech uyo, coconut plantation mkpat enin, Eastern Obolo and Ikot abasi, flour mill, coconut refinery,
Sports -7/10 (Akwa united maiden AITEO Cup, league winner NPFL2021, TWICE Runners up Ibom angels, 2019 and 2020, support dakkada FC to NPFL status, organize sport events for new stars discovery, introduce basic sport in sec schools etc.)
Entertainment-4/10 (though he did much on four point hotel to rebrand, Tropicana not much, abandoned recreational sector behind Tropicana should be attended to by now,)
Social services -5/10 ( only in Christmas season carol and Christmas village)

Let's go!!!

My overall accessment Udom Emmanuel 7/10

1 Like

Re: Rate Your State Governor From 1-10 And Give Reasons by Bashnigga(m): 10:35am On Sep 11, 2021
easzypeaszy:
State: Kogi Yaya Bello
Rating: -3/10
Reason: Big foool
Ur rating high sef cheesy

uniquebright:
Kogi -10
I like ur sense of humor

1 Like

Re: Rate Your State Governor From 1-10 And Give Reasons by stanluiz(m): 10:35am On Sep 11, 2021
Okezie ikpeazu, dapo abiodun, Samuel Orton, Yaya Bello, Simeon lalong, Ben ayade, Aminu masari etc Are the worst governors in Nigeria.

6 Likes

Re: Rate Your State Governor From 1-10 And Give Reasons by ordovicianonly(f): 10:36am On Sep 11, 2021
Ogun state - Dapo Abiodun is a total waste of 4 years … All the roads in the state are -20 including the capital Abeokuta . That man is a disaster to that state

1 Like

Re: Rate Your State Governor From 1-10 And Give Reasons by slowice(m): 10:36am On Sep 11, 2021
No Nigerian state government should be rate more than 3.5 in any sector.

2 Likes

Re: Rate Your State Governor From 1-10 And Give Reasons by omokab: 10:36am On Sep 11, 2021
EmperorTolson:
Osun - 2
My governor is dull and I no like am.

Gone are the days of Aregbesola.
The guy is full of action even though he's wicked
you have not say anything concerning this topic. Dull does not mean performance. He's a quiet man but doing well in infrastructure 5
Health 6 he follows aregbe legacy
Education -5
Social-3
Sport -4
Security 6
Re: Rate Your State Governor From 1-10 And Give Reasons by Nobody: 10:38am On Sep 11, 2021
Edo state - Obaseki

Health-5/10
Security-7/10
Education-10/10
Roads-3/10
Jobs/human capital development-9/10
Direct investments in the state-8/10
Re: Rate Your State Governor From 1-10 And Give Reasons by Chiefsir(m): 10:38am On Sep 11, 2021
Governor - Ifeanyi Arthur Okowa
State - Delta State
Tenure- 2nd Term in Office since 2015
Health
Security
Infrastructure
Education
Agriculture
Sports
Entertainment
Social services etc

Health - 4/10. Efforts should be made to revitalize the primary health centers in places such as Ughelli & Sapele. The environment is terrible & understaffed

Security - 4/10. The government should be more proactive in the fight against the wrongdoings of some Fulani herdsmen, cultism and kidnapping. The number of deaths from cultism/fraud related matters in Sapele last year is terrible

Infrastructure: 6/10. Well, why the government has tried in repairs and construction of roads, more should be done to increase the width of major roads in the states. You can hardly find more than a two lane road network in delta state Warri inclusive . traffic lights is rare outside Asaba in the whole of delta state.

Human capital development 5/10. I will commend the state Governor for empowering the youths in skill acquisition. He has tried so much in that aspect but please we need more than that in today’s society. The governor should bring in more investments. He should learn from ogun state, Jawa Ibom, Edo & Lagos State In this aspect.

Education: 6/10. The upgrading of state owned polytechnics and other tertiary institutions to universities is a welcome idea but much should be done in the secondary & primary institutions where life starts from. I understand that most workers in the education sector either have a slashed salary or illegal deductions. Something should be done in this aspect, more learning materials/gadgets should be procured for schools so as to encourage the young and timing youth population.

Agriculture 2/10: As a graduate and professional in this field I will reserve my comment .

Sports 6/10
Entertainment 4/10
Social services: the rate of internet fraud/fraudsters in delta state is Alarming. I need to scream this. What is my governor doing? ??

Politics 8/10. Sir, with all due respects, we need more technocrats in your government. Your government is a government of rewarding politicians/party men with positions. This is not how a great and prosperous state should be. Thank you
Re: Rate Your State Governor From 1-10 And Give Reasons by turbotech11: 10:38am On Sep 11, 2021
Enugu state governor

1.56/10

Enugu roads are so bad now patching roads which didn't even last upto a month before the potholes even became more deeper and atrocious.. Enugu has been a relatively peaceful state from time immemorial so in security matters, his efforts doesn't really count there.....The flyovers he built are all deathtraps... Nobody gree use am... I give am that score sef because he pays workers mostly on time..... I cant really pin the man's achievements that has benefited 042 citizens honestly...... If anyone has abeg make him list am

1 Like

Re: Rate Your State Governor From 1-10 And Give Reasons by nzeobi(m): 10:38am On Sep 11, 2021
Firstlady25:
Gov Willie Obiano
Anambra

Easily the best governor Anambra has ever produced.

Rate him 8/10

Please in what way is he better than Peter Obi and Chris ngige
Re: Rate Your State Governor From 1-10 And Give Reasons by ZaramT: 10:39am On Sep 11, 2021
Abia -10
Re: Rate Your State Governor From 1-10 And Give Reasons by Epeegee(m): 10:39am On Sep 11, 2021
spirul77:
edo state, Obaseki 0-10. It's not possible for a governor to be worse than Obaseki, he's the worse governor Nigeria politics has ever produced.

You ever heard about dapo abiodun of ogun state?

1 Like

Re: Rate Your State Governor From 1-10 And Give Reasons by Maghan37: 10:39am On Sep 11, 2021
uniquebright:
Kogi -10
I believe even at that you are even generous.
Re: Rate Your State Governor From 1-10 And Give Reasons by Sleekfingers: 10:39am On Sep 11, 2021
GeneralKoko:

Health
Security
Infrastructure
Education
Agriculture
Sports
Entertainment
Social services etc

Let's go!!!

Sanwo olu, the pointing governor.....

1. Education is ( minus 10)
2. Medicals is ( minus 100)
3. Infrastructure is 1 over 10
Re: Rate Your State Governor From 1-10 And Give Reasons by GodwinIO(m): 10:40am On Sep 11, 2021
enugu state government. 8/10. governor IFEANYI UGWUANYI. 6/10. The enugu state governor and government are trying
Re: Rate Your State Governor From 1-10 And Give Reasons by elmessiahs(m): 10:41am On Sep 11, 2021
Ikwerelastborn:

Yes oo,wike 10/10
[size=8pt][/size]
Wene badu Meka, let me disagree with the 10 and give him 9. Onyene ayiwa aanru, amesutenua 10%. But seriously he is doing well
Re: Rate Your State Governor From 1-10 And Give Reasons by Maghan37: 10:42am On Sep 11, 2021
I stay in Rivers and I will give the governor a 7.5. He has done well in the aspect of projects and security. I do believe that a state like Rivers should not be owing salaries though.

1 Like

Re: Rate Your State Governor From 1-10 And Give Reasons by Cantonese: 10:43am On Sep 11, 2021
DissTroyer:
State: Akwa Ibom

Governor: Mr. Udom Gabriel Emmanuel

Sector Ratings:

Health : 4/10

Asides renovating primary health centers in underserved communities, these centers are peopled with professionals who are more concerned about party loyalty and propaganda than actually serving the people.

We did undertake a study and the regularity of health workers in places outside the main cities of Uyo, Eket, Ikot Ekpene, Oron and Ikot Abasi is poor of the 31 LGAs. Measures should be put in place to ensure devotion to work by these health workers is paramount.

Security: 6/10

Since 2010, Akwa Ibom has relatively been the most peaceful state in Nigeria, with Uyo undoubtedly the most peaceful city in the country.
While Uyo is safe and has been so even since the time of Akpabio, that peace and safety should be spread to the suburbs and inner communities.
Ikot Ekpene city has been almost ridded of clashes. Eket is relatively peaceful.

Infrastructure : 4/10
The populace expected more from this government and while he is being praised in the media, it's because he seems to be one of the best amongst governors who are generally incompetent.

Akwa Ibom earns a lot but the governor spends most of these on vainglorious projects like the International Worship Center, the 21-Storey Smart Skyscraper and others.

He's tried to maintain some of the road projects begun by Akpabio but the projects aren't commensurate with the huge earnings by the state government.

In 2019 alone, Akwa Ibom state government earned about $443 million. For a state of 6 million people, if half was properly utilized, we'd be high up.

Human capital development: 3/10
The programmes initiated by government have mostly be politicised. I'd commend that most of the projects have been ICT-driven but being headed by politicians rubbishes everything and the aims - lofty as they might be - are derailed.

Education : 3/10

Agriculture: 5/10

Sports : 7/10
He's invested a lot in sport development, especially football. Akwa United, Ibom Starlets, Dakkada United and others in the state and now at the very top of football in the country.

But he's more focused on football and neglecting track sports.

I'm planning a bigger article for publication at some later date so I'd save the details.

Entertainment: 3/10
Entertainment in Nigeria has never been spurred by government so that's that.

Social services: 6/10
Rape, abuse and other such vices form a very key part of his administration.

He's declared a zero tolerance on cultism and many of these criminals have gone underground.

Fa fa fa fa fa fawol!!!!!!
Na Akpabio spirit dey inside you and I remove it from you now.
What about Ibom air? The Syringe factory? Rubber factory, etc,?

2 Likes

Re: Rate Your State Governor From 1-10 And Give Reasons by romunu(m): 10:43am On Sep 11, 2021
Nobody from Delta State?
Abi, no governor for there? E be like say we no get governor, next state,pleaseeeee
Re: Rate Your State Governor From 1-10 And Give Reasons by emijo(m): 10:44am On Sep 11, 2021
Why you no start am from 0?
I wan dash Enugu State Governor 0
Re: Rate Your State Governor From 1-10 And Give Reasons by arixona: 10:45am On Sep 11, 2021
Abia state,-98
Re: Rate Your State Governor From 1-10 And Give Reasons by Nobody: 10:45am On Sep 11, 2021
spirul77:
edo state, Obaseki 0-10. It's not possible for a governor to be worse than Obaseki, he's the worse governor Nigeria politics has ever produced.
Cap
Obaseki is trying
Right now basic education is free in Edo state
Re: Rate Your State Governor From 1-10 And Give Reasons by GodwinIO(m): 10:45am On Sep 11, 2021
Kaduna state government 0.00/10.

Governor HELL RUFAI not in existence not to talk of rating
Re: Rate Your State Governor From 1-10 And Give Reasons by arixona: 10:46am On Sep 11, 2021
arixona:
Abia state,-98, incase you didn't see it well,Is (minus 98)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Oluremi Tinubu For Governor (Lagos State) / Eight APC Governors Will Join Atiku By February 2018– PDP Chieftain / Rahama Indimi Babangida Looks Lovely In New Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.