Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,486 members, 7,954,867 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 11:19 AM

Journalist Investigated For Alleged Racist Comments Made Against Camavinga - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Journalist Investigated For Alleged Racist Comments Made Against Camavinga (507 Views)

Mainz 05 Football Club Savagely Hits Back At A Racist Fan After Racist Comments / Man City Fan Arrested For Alleged Racist Abuse Against Fred Faces Life Ban / PSG's 6-1 UCL Win To Be Investigated For Match Fixing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Journalist Investigated For Alleged Racist Comments Made Against Camavinga by ruggedtimi(m): 10:12am On Sep 11, 2021
Lorena González, a regular analyst for Spanish broadcaster RTVE, was caught saying 'this guy is blacker than his suit' while she was off-camera on Wednesday's show.

RTVE have condemned González's comments, saying they 'showed a lack of respect and are inappropriate for inappropriate for a public television channel'. In the statement they also apologised to Camavinga and 'firmly' condemned the 'denigrating comments'.
González has also apologised for her remarks, taking to social media to offer her 'sincerest apologies to anyone who felt offended'.

"My comment, which was made without malice or disrespect toward the player, was however unfortunate," she posted. "It was a comparison that I could have made about any person of any colour.

But I understand and feel that in this sensitive time we are going through, even though I also believe that things are becoming too radicalised and politicised, the media has an even bigger responsibility to help fight against racism and any form of unjust inequality."

(1) (Reply)

Martin Odegaard Is Arsenals Saviour / Atalanta Boss Bemused By 'ronaldo Problem' Claims - / Joachim Low Is A Free Agent Nigeria Football Federation Should Act Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.