Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,989 members, 7,817,911 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:44 PM

228k vs 136k phone. Which one is the better device? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 228k vs 136k phone. Which one is the better device? (3391 Views)

Friends Among This Three Phone Which One I Will Go For / Pls Dis Three Smart Phone, Which One I Will Go For? / If U You Were Given An Opportunity To Choose Any Phone ( Which Will You Choose) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

228k vs 136k phone. Which one is the better device? by atheistandproud(m): 6:50pm On Sep 11, 2021
The midrange segment is the new battleground when Smartphone companies have taken the fight to. The upper midrange is one very fierce arena when no one hold back in the quest to aquire a good market share. One of such raging fights pits the Tecno Phantom X vs Redmi Note 10 Pro.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsVRI_b6f_s

Tecno and Xiaomi are two stalwarts of the midrange and lower end markets. They are both Chinese companies and have been competing across different markets. From Pakistan to India, all the way to Africa. Xiaomi is obviously the bigger name but Tecno has been deeply entrenched in the African market for a really long time, especially in Nigeria. Xiaomi however has come to supplant them.

After losing flat out in several midrange battles against Xiaomi, Tecno is starting to finally find their feet and in the Tecno Phantom X vs Redmi Note 10 Pro, they did drop some good punches.

In a topic that is very certain to split many Nigerians down the middle, the Tecno Phantom X vs Redmi Note 10 Pro is a comparison worth having. Which device is the better one? Can Tecno really make a device that can go one on one with the number one in the world?

Tecno Phantom X vs Redmi Note 10 Pro

Body

Both phones are made with plastic but that is where it stops. The Tecno Phantom X has a back glass cover, weighs 201g and has no IP rating. The Redmi Note 10 Pro on the other hand has a gorilla glass 5 back cover, weighs 193g and has an IP53 rating. This means that it is dust and splash proof.

SoC/Software/Performance

The Tecno PX is powered by last year’s Mediatek Helio G95 with an ARM Mali G76 EEMC4 GPU. The RN10 Pro has a Snapdragon 732G with an Adreno 618 GPU. The SD732G is considered to be the superior SoC set up here and that topic has already been covered.

Software wise, both phones run Android 11 out of the box but Tecno PX uses Tecno’s HiOS 7.6 while RN10 Pro uses Xiaomi’s MIUI 12.5.

Looking at synthetic performance from Benchmarks, the RN10 Pro is the more powerful phone on Antutu with a score of 336K compared to the 320K from the Tecno PX.

Memory
Both phones use LPDDR4x RAM modules and support external SD storage but the Tecno PX uses an eMMC 5.1 storage. The RN10 Pro on the other hand uses the much faster UFS 2.2.

The Tecno PX has only one memory variant, the 8/256GB configuration. The RN10 Pro gives users more choices here with 6/64GB, 6/128GB and 8/128GB configurations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6L_8NKzGdg

Camera
Both phones come with very impressive camera hardware on the main shooters. Both phones have flagship level hardware camera sensors on their main cameras.

The Tecno PX has a triple cam setup with a 50MP Samsung GN1, and two other unbranded cameras. One of them being an 8MP ultrawide and the other being a 13MP Telephoto.

The RN10 Pro has a quad cam setup. The main shooter being the 108MP Samsung HM2, an 8MP Sony IMX 355 (ultrawide), 5MP Ominivision OV5675 (Macro), 2MP GalaxyCore GCO2M1 (Depth).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NK5_MC4lRWM

Both phones have impressive main cameras. On paper, the GN1 on the Tecno PX is the better image sensor, but it is seriously handicapped by the poor image processing on the Helio G95 and also HiOS’ below par camera software.

The HM2 on the RN10 Pro is given a huge boost by the Spectra ISP on the SD732G and performs very well. Users can also install Google’s camera for even better outputs as Xiaomi’s image processing still needs some work.

For the selfies, Tecno PX went all out with a 48MP + 8MP dual selfie set up. It is very impressive in its right while the RN10 Pro has a single 16MP Sony IMX 471 Exmor RS selfie camera.

Display
Both phones have AMOLED displays and FHD+ (1080p) resolution but Tecno PX has the slightly bigger display at 6.7″. The RN10 Pro display measures at 6.67″. The Tecno PX has a pixel density of 385ppi, brightness of 450nits, a refresh rate of 90Hz and a touch rate of 180Hz.

The RN10 Pro on the other hand has better display specs. Its pixel density is 395ppi, screen brightness is 1200nit, refresh rate is 120Hz and the touch rate is 240Hz. The display also supports HDR 10 and Widevine L1.

Both phones use Gorilla Glass 5 for screen protection. RN10 Pro has it both at the front and back while Tecno PX only has it at the front. The back is just glass so be careful with it.

Battery
The RN10 Pro is the clear winner with a 5,000mAh Li-Po battery and 33W fast charge. The Tecno PX also supports 33W fast charge but has a smaller 4700mAh capacity.

Sensors
The RN10 Pro comes loaded with sensors. There is an IR blaster, NFC, proximity sensor, light (ambient) sensors, accelerometer, compass, gyroscope and a side mounted finger print sensor.

The Tecno PX on the other hand has no IR blaster and no NFC sensor but it has all of the other aforementioned sensors. The only difference being that it has an under display or in screen fingerprint sensor.

Audio
In the audio segment, the RN10 Pro spares no expense here. The device has stereo speakers and HiRes audio. The Tecno PX only has a single firing loudspeaker. Both phones have a 3.5mm jack for wired headsets.

Connectivity
Both phones are 4G LTE phones and support all international bands from band 1 to band 41. However in terms of network connectivity, the Redmi Note 10 Pro would have faster network connectivity because it has a Cat.15 modem while Tecno PX has a slower Cat.12 modem.

They also both support dual SIMs and USB 2.0 Type C. As for bluetooth and WiFI, the RN10 Pro supports Bluetooth 5.2 and WiFi 6. The Tecno PX supports Bluetooth 5 and WiFi 5.

Prices
The Tecno PX is the more expensive of the duo, selling at N228K or more. The RN10 Pro sells for around N126K for the 6/128GB version and 136K for the 8/128GB version.

Verdict
Body – RN10 Pro

SoC/Software/Performance – RN10 Pro

Memory – RN10 Pro

Camera – RN10 Pro

Display – RN10 Pro

Battery – RN10 Pro

Sensors – RN10 Pro

Audio – RN10 Pro

Connectivity – RN10 Pro

Price – RN10 Pro

Final say
In all honesty, I had no idea that the RN10 Pro was going to do a clean sweep at the stakes for this one. All in all I can’t find a reason to pick the Tecno Phantom X over the RN10 Pro. The choice as they say is yours.

If you want to see more smartphone comparisons, pleas leave a suggestion in the comments. Thank you.

https://inquisitiveuniverse.com/2021/09/11/tecno-phantom-x-vs-redmi-note-10-pro/

10 Likes

Re: 228k vs 136k phone. Which one is the better device? by Flamees(m): 6:54pm On Sep 11, 2021
Make I wait for Skywalker

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 228k vs 136k phone. Which one is the better device? by Mustiboy(m): 7:20pm On Sep 11, 2021
With a #100k lesser price, one wouldn't expect the Redmi Note 10 Pro to equal the Phantom, let alone beat it in every goddamn aspect.

And to the think the better & bigger brand is the cheaper one is just amazing.

There are levels to this shit. Transsion should burry their head in shame.

22 Likes

Re: 228k vs 136k phone. Which one is the better device? by atheistandproud(m): 8:00pm On Sep 11, 2021
Flamees:
Make I wait for Skywalker

Skywalker240 them dey wait for you.

4 Likes

Re: 228k vs 136k phone. Which one is the better device? by atheistandproud(m): 8:13pm On Sep 11, 2021
Mustiboy:
With a #100k lesser price, one wouldn't expect the Redmi Note 10 Pro to equal the Phantom, let alone beat it in every goddamn aspect.

And to the think the better & bigger brand is the cheaper one is just amazing.

There are levels to this shit. Transsion should burry their head in shame.

In every goddamn department.

Whilst compiling the list ehn, I was amazed.

9 Likes

Re: 228k vs 136k phone. Which one is the better device? by Emmanuel224(m): 8:20pm On Sep 11, 2021
Hw did u get ur 300 + AnTuTu benchmark score

1 Like

Re: 228k vs 136k phone. Which one is the better device? by atheistandproud(m): 8:25pm On Sep 11, 2021
Emmanuel224:

Antutu Version 9 sir.

6 Likes

Re: 228k vs 136k phone. Which one is the better device? by atheistandproud(m): 8:26pm On Sep 11, 2021
Emmanuel224:

Antutu Version 8 don expire.

Re: 228k vs 136k phone. Which one is the better device? by chariisGRACE(m): 9:05pm On Sep 11, 2021
But but but the Phantom has a curved screen.
grin grin grin grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 228k vs 136k phone. Which one is the better device? by atheistandproud(m): 9:10pm On Sep 11, 2021
chariisGRACE:
But but but the Phantom has a curved screen.
grin grin grin grin

So does the Samsung Edge phones too grin grin grin

Macroman I greet oh

1 Like

Re: 228k vs 136k phone. Which one is the better device? by Randerl: 9:19pm On Sep 11, 2021
Make yaa choice.

Local vs Foreign

Akamu vs Custard

Toyota Cressida vs Ferrari

Lizard vs Crocodile

Ekuke vs Siberian Husky

Okada vs Harley Davidson

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: 228k vs 136k phone. Which one is the better device? by KrazyDave16(m): 9:25pm On Sep 11, 2021
Money that I'll top up small and get me a new Samsung S20 is what some people want me to spend on a midranger claiming flagship.

Anyways, I'm waiting for "them" to show up and give excuses for the absurd price-to-hardware ratio

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 228k vs 136k phone. Which one is the better device? by atheistandproud(m): 9:38pm On Sep 11, 2021
Randerl:
Make yaa choice.

Local vs Foreign

Akamu vs Custard

Toyota Cressida vs Ferrari

Lizard vs Crocodile

Ekuke vs Siberian Husky

Okada vs Harley Davidson

All of una when talk say I be assassin i.e. psychodavidic, vibratingpenis, SunshineV, jemerson, make una come see something.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 228k vs 136k phone. Which one is the better device? by atheistandproud(m): 9:39pm On Sep 11, 2021
KrazyDave16:
Money that I'll top up small and get me a new Samsung S20 is what some people want me to spend on a midranger claiming flagship.

Anyways, I'm waiting for "them" to show up and give excuses for the absurd price-to-hardware ratio

"Them" will never show up.

Selective blindness na go occur.
Re: 228k vs 136k phone. Which one is the better device? by Scientheosopher(m): 10:00pm On Sep 11, 2021
Tecno PX (0) vs RN10 Pro (10).
See finishing!
#Flawless victory!

1 Like

Re: 228k vs 136k phone. Which one is the better device? by atheistandproud(m): 10:02pm On Sep 11, 2021
Scientheosopher:
Tecno PX 0 vs RN10 pro 10.
#See finishing!

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: 228k vs 136k phone. Which one is the better device? by seunfly: 10:35pm On Sep 11, 2021
imagine tecno phantom x is almost same price with Samsung M62 with exynos 9825, 7000mah battery and overall better hardware.

6 Likes

Re: 228k vs 136k phone. Which one is the better device? by Nobody: 10:47pm On Sep 11, 2021
Use am buy iiiiiiphone
Re: 228k vs 136k phone. Which one is the better device? by PAQ(m): 10:52pm On Sep 11, 2021
See this techno-crap, Xiaomi no be your mate atall atall! Start with the likes of Umdigi abeg.

6 Likes

Re: 228k vs 136k phone. Which one is the better device? by Ajilenu: 10:57pm On Sep 11, 2021
atheistandproud:
The midrange segment is the new battleground when Smartphone companies have taken the fight to. The upper midrange is one very fierce arena when no one hold back in the quest to aquire a good market share. One of such raging fights pits the Tecno Phantom X vs Redmi Note 10 Pro.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsVRI_b6f_s

Tecno and Xiaomi are two stalwarts of the midrange and lower end markets. They are both Chinese companies and have been competing across different markets. From Pakistan to India, all the way to Africa. Xiaomi is obviously the bigger name but Tecno has been deeply entrenched in the African market for a really long time, especially in Nigeria. Xiaomi however has come to supplant them.

After losing flat out in several midrange battles against Xiaomi, Tecno is starting to finally find their feet and in the Tecno Phantom X vs Redmi Note 10 Pro, they did drop some good punches.

In a topic that is very certain to split many Nigerians down the middle, the Tecno Phantom X vs Redmi Note 10 Pro is a comparison worth having. Which device is the better one? Can Tecno really make a device that can go one on one with the number one in the world?

Tecno Phantom X vs Redmi Note 10 Pro

Body

Both phones are made with plastic but that is where it stops. The Tecno Phantom X has a back glass cover, weighs 201g and has no IP rating. The Redmi Note 10 Pro on the other hand has a gorilla glass 5 back cover, weighs 193g and has an IP53 rating. This means that it is dust and splash proof.

SoC/Software/Performance

The Tecno PX is powered by last year’s Mediatek Helio G95 with an ARM Mali G76 EEMC4 GPU. The RN10 Pro has a Snapdragon 732G with an Adreno 618 GPU. The SD732G is considered to be the superior SoC set up here and that topic has already been covered.

Software wise, both phones run Android 11 out of the box but Tecno PX uses Tecno’s HiOS 7.6 while RN10 Pro uses Xiaomi’s MIUI 12.5.

Looking at synthetic performance from Benchmarks, the RN10 Pro is the more powerful phone on Antutu with a score of 336K compared to the 320K from the Tecno PX.

Memory
Both phones use LPDDR4x RAM modules and support external SD storage but the Tecno PX uses an eMMC 5.1 storage. The RN10 Pro on the other hand uses the much faster UFS 2.1.

The Tecno PX has only one memory variant, the 8/256GB configuration. The RN10 Pro gives users more choices here with 6/64GB, 6/128GB and 8/128GB configurations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6L_8NKzGdg

Camera
Both phones come with very impressive camera hardware on the main shooters. Both phones have flagship level hardware camera sensors on their main cameras.

The Tecno PX has a triple cam setup with a 50MP Samsung GN1, and two other unbranded cameras. One of them being an 8MP ultrawide and the other being a 13MP Telephoto.

The RN10 Pro has a quad cam setup. The main shooter being the 108MP Samsung HM2, an 8MP Sony IMX 355 (ultrawide), 5MP Ominivision OV5675 (Macro), 2MP GalaxyCore GCO2M1 (Depth).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NK5_MC4lRWM

Both phones have impressive main cameras. On paper, the GN1 on the Tecno PX is the better image sensor, but it is seriously handicapped by the poor image processing on the Helio G95 and also HiOS’ below par camera software.

The HM2 on the RN10 Pro is given a huge boost by the Spectra ISP on the SD732G and performs very well. Users can also install Google’s camera for even better outputs as Xiaomi’s image processing still needs some work.

For the selfies, Tecno PX went all out with a 48MP + 8MP dual selfie set up. It is very impressive in its right while the RN10 Pro has a single 16MP Sony IMX 471 Exmor RS selfie camera.

Display
Both phones have AMOLED displays and FHD+ (1080p) resolution but Tecno PX has the slightly bigger display at 6.7″. The RN10 Pro display measures at 6.67″. The Tecno PX has a pixel density of 385ppi, brightness of 450nits, a refresh rate of 90Hz and a touch rate of 180Hz.

The RN10 Pro on the other hand has better display specs. Its pixel density is 395ppi, screen brightness is 1200nit, refresh rate is 120Hz and the touch rate is 240Hz. The display also supports HDR 10 and Widevine L1.

Both phones use Gorilla Glass 5 for screen protection. RN10 Pro has it both at the front and back while Tecno PX only has it at the front. The back is just glass so be careful with it.

Battery
The RN10 Pro is the clear winner with a 5,000mAh Li-Po battery and 33W fast charge. The Tecno PX also supports 33W fast charge but has a smaller 4700mAh capacity.

Sensors
The RN10 Pro comes loaded with sensors. There is an IR blaster, NFC, proximity sensor, light (ambient) sensors, accelerometer, compass, gyroscope and a side mounted finger print sensor.

The Tecno PX on the other hand has no IR blaster and no NFC sensor but it has all of the other aforementioned sensors. The only difference being that it has an under display or in screen fingerprint sensor.

Audio
In the audio segment, the RN10 Pro spares no expense here. The device has stereo speakers and HiRes audio. The Tecno PX only has a single firing loudspeaker. Both phones have a 3.5mm jack for wired headsets.

Connectivity
Both phones are 4G LTE phones and support all international bands from band 1 to band 41. However in terms of network connectivity, the Redmi Note 10 Pro would have faster network connectivity because it has a Cat.15 modem while Tecno PX has a slower Cat.12 modem.

They also both support dual SIMs and USB 2.0 Type C. As for bluetooth and WiFI, the RN10 Pro supports Bluetooth 5.2 and WiFi 6. The Tecno PX supports Bluetooth 5 and WiFi 5.

Prices
The Tecno PX is the more expensive of the duo, selling at N228K or more. The RN10 Pro sells for around N126K for the 6/128GB version and 136K for the 8/128GB version.

Verdict
Body – RN10 Pro

SoC/Software/Performance – RN10 Pro

Memory – RN10 Pro

Camera – RN10 Pro

Display – RN10 Pro

Battery – RN10 Pro

Sensors – RN10 Pro

Audio – RN10 Pro

Connectivity – RN10 Pro

Price – RN10 Pro

Final say
In all honesty, I had no idea that the RN10 Pro was going to do a clean sweep at the stakes for this one. All in all I can’t find a reason to pick the Tecno Phantom X over the RN10 Pro. The choice as they say is yours.

If you want to see more smartphone comparisons, pleas leave a suggestion in the comments. Thank you.

https://inquisitiveuniverse.com/2021/09/11/tecno-phantom-x-vs-redmi-note-10-pro/
lol
Re: 228k vs 136k phone. Which one is the better device? by Ajilenu: 10:58pm On Sep 11, 2021
My question is why must you always compare with TECNO? Aren't there other brands you can compare with? The brand lives rent free in your head.
Re: 228k vs 136k phone. Which one is the better device? by skywalker240(m): 11:12pm On Sep 11, 2021
atheistandproud:

Skywalker240 them dey wait for you.
work and rain has kept me away from nairaland. grin

even a flagship from a brand as shitty as leagoo will always floor their curve screen with big bezels. grin

8 Likes

Re: 228k vs 136k phone. Which one is the better device? by masterfactor(m): 11:15pm On Sep 11, 2021
No matter what happen A LIZARD(TRASSION) cannot become A CROCODILE (XIAOMI).

8 Likes

Re: 228k vs 136k phone. Which one is the better device? by MikeMicheal(m): 11:18pm On Sep 11, 2021
That tecno is the real deal.
I cant wait to buy.
Re: 228k vs 136k phone. Which one is the better device? by atheistandproud(m): 11:21pm On Sep 11, 2021
MikeMicheal:
That tecno is the real deal.
I cant wait to buy.

If only this were true

9 Likes

Re: 228k vs 136k phone. Which one is the better device? by skywalker240(m): 11:29pm On Sep 11, 2021
KrazyDave16:

here is a justifiable reply you will likely get from them. grin

Saratackit: dude what the hell you saying

did your note 10 pro came with curved screen

does your note 10 pro has that PHANTOMIC DESIGN undecided

ALAYE its worth every penny and even more because tecno is considerate with pricing. angry

passion of the tech illiterate aka impostor. grin

8 Likes

Re: 228k vs 136k phone. Which one is the better device? by smith946: 11:30pm On Sep 11, 2021
I rather choose vivo v21e over the phanthom x

2 Likes

Re: 228k vs 136k phone. Which one is the better device? by MikeMicheal(m): 11:40pm On Sep 11, 2021
atheistandproud:

If only this were true
Hahaha!
Re: 228k vs 136k phone. Which one is the better device? by atheistandproud(m): 11:46pm On Sep 11, 2021
smith946:
I rather choose vivo v21e over the phanthom x

Supported 100%

It's better and cheaper.

3 Likes

Re: 228k vs 136k phone. Which one is the better device? by smith946: 11:50pm On Sep 11, 2021
atheistandproud:

Supported 100%
It's better and cheaper.
Yeah, it is.
Re: 228k vs 136k phone. Which one is the better device? by Jemerson: 3:48am On Sep 12, 2021
atheistandproud:

All of una when talk say I be assassin i.e. psych.odavidic, vibrat.ingpenis, Su.nshineV, jemerson, make una come see something.

grin cheesy grin grin
Re: 228k vs 136k phone. Which one is the better device? by Austeeenxx: 5:02am On Sep 12, 2021
The RN10 pro is about 100k cheaper and obviously better?
What were those trashion clowns smoking?

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

For D Record,i Hate Lumia Windows Phone / Airtel 3gb For N500 And 1gb For N200 / Difference Between Tecno Camon 12 Vs Camon 12 Pro Vs Camon 12 Air

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.