Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,710 members, 7,816,917 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:11 PM

I Want To Buy My First Car - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / I Want To Buy My First Car (1707 Views)

I Am Planning To Acquire My First Car With A Budget Of 500K / Porsche 911 GT3 RS Is The First Car To Use Corning's Gorilla Glass Windows / Saudi Arabia's First Car Showroom For Women Only Opens In Jeddah(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Buy My First Car by Vivien458(f): 7:04pm On Sep 11, 2021
This will be fun. Can't wait. However,I'm confused so I'll need your best suggestions. I have about 2.2million- 3Million on ground and ready to drive my car this week smiley smiley

Please recommend, as a first user

I don't want a car below 2010

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Buy My First Car by Nobody: 7:07pm On Sep 11, 2021
I recommend Uber Corolla 2004 model wink

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Buy My First Car by neutralmind: 7:41pm On Sep 11, 2021
https://www.nairaland.com/6742072/few-months-used-2010-corolla

buy this car and thank me later.

2010 Corolla is a nice ride. You can save some cost here as its only used for a few months ( subject to verification).

Get a reliable mechanic to inspect for you. We have reliable mechanics here on Nairaland.

Note: Im not ths seller neither do I know him. This is just a recommendation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Want To Buy My First Car by neutralmind: 7:41pm On Sep 11, 2021
AmericanDad:
I recommend Uber Corolla 2004 model wink

As common as pure water. undecided cry

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Buy My First Car by buygala(m): 7:54pm On Sep 11, 2021
Vivien458:
This will be fun. Can't wait. However,I'm confused so I'll need your best suggestions. I have about 2.2million- 3Million on ground and ready to drive my car this week smiley smiley

Whenever you see Greggng, run away very fast while holding your pocket ...

Also try not to be like dat girl wey buy gbese moto wey frustrate her sotey she come dey find who she go beat on nairaland...

Be careful...very careful..3m is more than enough to buy village people if u no shine ya eye...

Get a good mechanic to do a pre-purcahse inspection on any vehicle you want to buy...

Also try to acquaint yourself online with how to read your vehicle's dashboard signs such as temperature, oil guage, and gear malfunction signs..it's very important that you know these things to avoid wrecking your vehicle...Also try to keep an eye on those dashboard signs while driving and at the first sign that things are going a bit abnormal, park the car and call a mechanic or someone you know who can do a preliminary troubleshoot of the vehicle smiley...

Also try to frequently monitor the vehicle fluids in the engine bay like the engine oil, gear oil, and make sure the radiator is gauged with coolant...

I wish you all the best and happy motoring smiley

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Buy My First Car by greggng: 8:02pm On Sep 11, 2021
Vivien458:

Congratulations on your decision to buy yourself a car. However , before you buy that car ensure you learn one or two from the internet regarding car maintenance . I am saying this cos I 've heard people coming here to narrate how a tokunbo car the just bought is giving them problem . On further investigation I discovered they have no knowledge of what they bought . Start from knowing the meaning of the lights tgat show on the dashboard ...and what to do if you see check engine light on or blinking . Infact, I took my time to school my woman before she could drive my car ....imagine not knowing what car temperature gauge is ...not knowing when is high....that could lead to overheating and many more problems . Imagine not knowing what the oil sign means on the dashboard . That could lead to engine knock if not attended to quickly . I can go on and on but is important you know one or two things before buying. Like someone said 2010 corolla is very okay but ensure is made I USA , Japan or Canada ...ran away from south Africa made ...If you need more advice I will give you for free .

1 Like

Re: I Want To Buy My First Car by buygala(m): 8:06pm On Sep 11, 2021
greggng:

Congratulations on your decision to buy yourself a car. However , before you buy that car ensure you learn one or two from the internet regarding car maintenance . I am saying this cos I 've heard people coming here to narrate how a tokunbo car the just bought is giving them problem . On further investigation I discovered they have no knowledge of what they bought . Start from knowing the meaning of the lights tgat show on the dashboard ...and what to do if you see check engine light on or blinking . Infact, I took my time to school my woman before she could drive my car ....imagine not knowing what car temperature gauge is ...not knowing when is high....that could lead to overheating and many more problems . Imagine not knowing what the oil sign means on the dashboard . That could lead to engine knock if not attended to quickly . I can go on and on but is important you know one or two things before buying. Like someone said 2010 corolla is very okay but ensure is made I USA , Japan or Canada ...ran away from south Africa made ...If you need more advice I will give you for free .

No....she doesn't need more advice from u smiley

Oya come and be going grin

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Buy My First Car by samuel051: 11:06pm On Sep 11, 2021
buygala:

No....she doesn't need more advice from u smiley

Oya come and be going grin
grin grin grin iye ooo
Re: I Want To Buy My First Car by samuel051: 11:08pm On Sep 11, 2021
greggng:

op flee from this guy and anything that involves him, including his body odour..

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Buy My First Car by kinggenesis(m): 12:14am On Sep 12, 2021
samuel051:
op flee from this guy and anything that involves him, including his body odour..

Weitin the guy do una? grin
Re: I Want To Buy My First Car by samuel051: 12:16am On Sep 12, 2021
kinggenesis:

Weitin the guy do una? grin
D guy na error grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: I Want To Buy My First Car by MOTIONTECH(m): 7:51am On Sep 12, 2021
Vivien458:

buy a 2005 Mercedes c class 4matic.
Re: I Want To Buy My First Car by bigsmoke2(m): 12:23pm On Sep 12, 2021
2009 matrix
2010 elantra
2007 camry
2009 kia sportage
2010 kia Forte
2008 Honda Fit
2008 Civic
2009 Hyundai Tuscon
2007 Avensis
2010 yaris
Re: I Want To Buy My First Car by Vivien458(f): 12:36pm On Sep 12, 2021
samuel051:
thank you. But I think I want to drive an SUV.. can you recommend one for me? I am a lady so I need something flashy and modern
Re: I Want To Buy My First Car by greggng: 12:44pm On Sep 12, 2021
Vivien458:
thank you. But I think I want to drive an SUV.. can you recommend one for me? I am a lady so I need something flashy and modern

Since you want suv, ...go for rav4 ....2007 or 08 another one that will fit you is Honda crv from 2008 model . You can also consider Lexus rx330 or rx350 ...the small body type . Whichever one you prefer ...do take care of it . I have been using my car for 12 years now and it still look like it was bought today ...maintenance is important .
Re: I Want To Buy My First Car by Vivien458(f): 1:33pm On Sep 12, 2021
greggng:

Since you want suv, ...go for rav4 ....2007 or 08 another one that will fit you is Honda crv from 2008 model . You can also consider Lexus rx330 or rx350 ...the small body type . Whichever one you prefer ...do take care of it . I have been using my car for 12 years now and it still look like it was bought today ...maintenance is important .
2007 or 8 is too old for me. I'm leaning towards 2010 and later. I can save more money if it won't be enough, but I want something I can drive for years and won't change soon
Re: I Want To Buy My First Car by Alfred74: 2:39pm On Sep 12, 2021
eL oH eL...greggng in the potopoto,and deservedly so.Such a dunce.Glad that people are seeing you for the e-diot that you really are.BHEL wink grin

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Buy My First Car by greggng: 3:04pm On Sep 12, 2021
Vivien458:
2007 or 8 is too old for me. I'm leaning towards 2010 and later. I can save more money if it won't be enough, but I want something I can drive for years and won't change soon

All the cars I stated has same year you are looking for . All you need to do is to chose one at of them and go for 2010 of it . Good luck to your choice . However considering the high rate of dollars , 2010 of those cars are expensive now .
Re: I Want To Buy My First Car by Olumighty123(m): 3:11pm On Sep 12, 2021
Vivien458:

Buy this car and thank me forever https://www.nairaland.com/6727928/nigerian-used-lexus-es-330
Re: I Want To Buy My First Car by Alfred74: 3:54pm On Sep 12, 2021
Olumighty123:

Buy this car and thank me forever https://www.nairaland.com/6727928/nigerian-used-lexus-es-330
Learn to read undecided
Re: I Want To Buy My First Car by Olumighty123(m): 8:23pm On Sep 12, 2021
Alfred74:
Learn to read undecided

You need to learn to read more, did you see the world recommend up there? I guess not : shocked shocked
Re: I Want To Buy My First Car by Abidecdrock(m): 8:38pm On Sep 12, 2021
Alfred74:
Learn to read undecided
Na so she said she doesn't want below 2010 and he is posting 05/06
Re: I Want To Buy My First Car by Rubbiish(m): 8:41pm On Sep 12, 2021
Vivien458:

Your maximum budget is 3m & u don't want a car below 2010?

1 Like

Re: I Want To Buy My First Car by Abidecdrock(m): 8:50pm On Sep 12, 2021
Vivien458:

Your location and do you have preferred brands?
Re: I Want To Buy My First Car by Alfred74: 4:34pm On Sep 13, 2021
Olumighty123:

You need to learn to read more, did you see the world recommend up there? I guess not : shocked shocked
Follow the thread and don't be a dunce!!
Re: I Want To Buy My First Car by Olumighty123(m): 4:43pm On Sep 13, 2021
Alfred74:

So, now you win abi? You don't even know me and you choose to insult me like that? I will let it go, but don't ever in your miserable entire life do it again. You hear? undecided
Re: I Want To Buy My First Car by ThatAppleGuy: 4:46pm On Sep 13, 2021
Alfred74:

Interesting grin

But wetin concern me sef? undecided
Re: I Want To Buy My First Car by IcyAutos: 5:00pm On Sep 13, 2021
Vivien458:

Congratulations in advance, I'm dealing with a first time buyer (not a first time user though) and I can feel your excitement cheesy but I'll advice you up your budget a bit since you said you can and go for a toks car and go with a good mechanic you trust since you intend using the car for long. Also read online about the car you intend to buy and learn about the issues peculiar to that brand and make so as to maintain it in that direction (e.g Honda cars reputed to have leg issues but I have some customers who have used them without those issues due to proper maintenance).
Mechanical issues aren't really a big problem the issues come with electrical issues as many "Kazeems" don't have the prerequisite knowledge to handle new generation car electrical issues and those that do are sometimes very expensive to get their services.

Let me not bore you with plenty talk, make a car choice, research about it and find the best deal for yourself. You can reach me with the number on my signature for more details.
Re: I Want To Buy My First Car by Alfred74: 7:11pm On Sep 13, 2021
Olumighty123:

So, now you win abi? You don't even know me and you choose to insult me like that? I will let it go, but don't ever in your miserable entire life do it again. You hear? undecided
Calling you a dunce is not an insult.Trust Nigerians to always be sensational.Miserable??Nahh!!!Trying to pawn a lexus can't be interesting either grin
Re: I Want To Buy My First Car by lkillbrokehoes: 7:20pm On Sep 13, 2021
samuel051:
Ah! Wetin dat guy do una now grin
Re: I Want To Buy My First Car by samuel051: 7:22pm On Sep 13, 2021
lkillbrokehoes:
Ah! Wetin dat guy do una now grin
if error na person,na dat guy e for be.. him and Francis duru,I no know who lament pass.

(1) (Reply)

SOLD!!!Toyota Sienna 2007 Model XLE Toks Super Clean And Fresh / Super Clean 2008 Honda Accord With Original Duty / Foreign Used 2009 Toyota Camry Sports Needs A Nigerian Home Right Away

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.