Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,816 members, 7,956,081 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 01:02 AM

Twenty Healthy Home-made Snacks For Babies And Toddlers - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Twenty Healthy Home-made Snacks For Babies And Toddlers (3239 Views)

Pumpkin Recipe For Babies And Toddlers / I Brought This Snacks For All Nairalanders. Please Enjoy It (pix) / Easy Home-made Chocolate Chip Banana Bread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Twenty Healthy Home-made Snacks For Babies And Toddlers by healthybabyreci(f): 7:28pm On Sep 11, 2021
Hello beautiful parents! we're back again with another fantastic topic that you can't skip in your baby's life. Our agender today is to bring into the limelight some healthy and simple homemade snacks that you could easily make for your little one.

Snacks, from common knowledge, are regarded as small amounts of food eaten between meals. It concerns both children and adults. But it is important to note that snacks are a necessity to a child’s everyday life, and the quality and intake quantity also matter a lot because you do not want to end up giving your baby snacks that are full of chemicals, which may be harmful to your child’s health. As a rule of thumb, toddlers/children are supposed to have three main meals and two snacks daily. Did you know this? Should in case you aren’t keeping up with this requirement before now, you do not have to worry about it, but you should promise to fulfill it, going forward, if you truly care about the health and growth of your kid. It is important to note that your baby and toddler should snack in-between meals to avoid loading them with heavy meals all through the day.

Lest I forget to mention, there are many benefits of snacking, especially for our children/kids/toddlers: (1) it allows you to introduce healthy food that your baby wouldn’t have loved to eat if you added it directly to his/her main meal like a vegetable. (2) It helps to introduce snacks with healthy nutritional values that could not easily be found in some of your baby’s regular meals. (3) It is easily consumable by your baby even without heating/boiling some of them. I can go on and on to expand the list.

One amazing thing that I love about most of these snacks, which am going to introduce here, is that they are easier and quicker to prepare and package. If you are looking for something to package for your pre-scholars or babies whenever you are taking them out to the playground, then search no more. It was a serious issue to me until I discovered the way out. So, keep calm and follow the instructions set out below.

Oftentimes, I usually prepare my baby’s snacks at home instead of buying them at the local stores because they are healthier and cheaper to DIY. For those of you who have been following my blog, you would attest to the fact that I do not joke with what my baby eats because I want him to get all the nutritional health benefits that he could get from his foods to grow well and meet his milestones. Note: lack of balanced diets could make a child fall ill, and poorer eating habits could also cause harm to the child. As parents, we ought to be very careful about what our children eat. So, I am convinced that every parent reading this piece would go back and correct certain food mistakes for their kids.

Kindly read on to discover and also learn more about some yummy snacks for the sake of your child’s health. I have listed below some healthy snacks your kids might like:

1. Sweet potato fries

2. Hummus and carrot sticks

3. Melon and watermelon balls

4. Sandwich made up of apple and peanut butter

5. Avocado toast

6. Peanut butter toast

7. Fruit smoothies

8. Blueberry yogurt bites (Frozen)

9. Banana boats

10. Chocolate-covered Strawberry

11. Rice cake with fresh fruit using Nutella or peanut butter

12. Tangerine covered with chocolate

13. Peanut butter apple Nachos

14. Popcorn

15. A piece of fruit

16. Banana oat cookies

17. Cheese

18. Hard-boiled egg

19. Nut

20. Oatmeal

This list is not exhaustive. It can go on and on. But I would take the time to explain how to prepare the ones I have listed. However, if you have specific ones which are not on this list that you would like me to help you with, kindly leave your comments below. I can even write other contents to address your concerns or address them privately with you. Meanwhile, let us look in detail at the ones I have listed and get down to addressing how to prepare them.

Sweet potato fries
This is a good snack for babies including toddlers and adults. Apart from the fact that it is easy to prepare, sweet potatoes are known to contain a good amount of beta-carotene that is converted by the body to vitamin A which in turn contributes to good vision and smooth skin. It is needed for your baby’s growth.

Sweet potatoes could be prepared by either baking in ovens or direct frying with cookers. Whichever one works best for you, stick to it. Most people prefer baking it in the ovens for oil reduction.

Steps in making oven-baked sweet potato fries

a. Preheat your oven to 400-degree Fahrenheit.
b. .Wash and peel the skin off your sweet potato if you do not want the skin
c. Cut them into sizes and shapes that your baby can easily pick
d. Toss with coconut or olive oil and a pinch of salt and leave it in your server for a few minutes until the water is fully drained
e. Grab your baking tray, spread the baking sheet, and pour your chips into the tray.
f. Roast for about 25 to 30 minutes until they are crispy and tender
g. Wait for it to cool down before offering them to your child

Steps in making sweet potato fries using frying pans

a. Wash and peel the skin off your sweet potato if you do not want the skin
b. Put your frying pan with oil on fire (on low heat) for it to heat up
c. Cut them into sizes and shapes that your baby can easily grab
d. Toss the chips with a pinch of salt and leave it in your server for a few minutes for the water to drain a bit
e. By this time, your oil is hot enough, go ahead and put your chips in the hot oil and allow them for some seconds (maybe 30 seconds) before turning it
f. Endeavour to allow it to get to a golden-brown colour before bringing them out and place on your dry sever or paper towel.
Allow the remaining oil to drain out before serving it to your baby.

Hummus and Carrot sticks
This is another delicious and healthy snack for your little one, especially if he/she isn’t a fan of carrots. Combining carrots stick with hummus gives it another sweet flavour that would make your child want to have it more and more. This is also easy to make. All you need to do is to blend all your ingredients together, excluding your carrot, and your snack is ready.

Ingredient needed (for up to 6 times serving)

– ¼ teaspoon ground cumin

– 7 baby carrot

– 1 small glove garlic

– 400 g of chickpeas

– ¼ cup of coconut/olive oil

– ½ teaspoon of kosher salt

– ½ of juiced lemon

Steps in preparing Hummus and carrot sticks

a. Start by pouring your lemon juice, oil, chickpeas, cumin, garlic, and salt into your blender or food processor to mix and blend well until it’s smooth enough
b. Get a bowel and transfer your hummus into it and seal it
c. [url]=(https://healthybabyrecipe.com/twenty-healthy-home-made-snacks-for-babies-and-toddlers/)Wash, peel, and cut the carrots into shapes your baby can easily grab (if your baby is under 2years, cook the carrot to be soft for him/her to be able to chew well and for easy digestion) [/url]

Re: Twenty Healthy Home-made Snacks For Babies And Toddlers by Temikola2009(m): 10:05am On Sep 27, 2021
https://foodrisp.com/how-to-make-nigerian-pancakes/

How about feeding your baby with this.

I made this at home today, and I feel I would also be nice for a breakfast.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Let Me Teach You How To Survive Your First Guinness . / Kenwood Blender For Sale / Amazing Wedding Cake Promo In Abuja!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.