Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,562 members, 7,812,822 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:59 PM

Threat To Block My BVN: Please Help. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Threat To Block My BVN: Please Help. (15862 Views)

How To Check All Bank Accounts Linked To a BVN / ASUU Salaries: Use Of BVN Will Expose Lecturers With Multiple Jobs – FG / No BVN, No Payment Of Withheld Salary - FG Replies ASUU (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Threat To Block My BVN: Please Help. by xcelpro: 9:22pm On Sep 11, 2021
Good evening Nairaland.

Please I need help.
I received an automated call yesterday from 018xxx857 telling me that one "Richardson ____" collected a loan from one financial institution using me (my number) as a guarantor.

The said person has defaulted and they are threatening me to tell the person to pay up the loan if not his BVN will be blocked and his account will be subsequently affected and that my BVN and account will be affected as well.
I never took them seriously, since I don't know the person they are referring to and also no more details was given about the financial institution or person.

However, I received the same call this night from a different number 012xxx640 telling me the same thing.

I can't call the line since it's an automated call but I'm beginning to worry not knowing what to do exactly.

Please your advice and recommendations will be much appreciated.

Thanks.
Re: Threat To Block My BVN: Please Help. by Ammishaddai: 9:26pm On Sep 11, 2021
It's an empty threat . No financial institution in Nigeria has the authority to block your BVN . Even the almighty CBN will have to get a subpoena to have your BVN blocked ,so relax and take it easy .

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Threat To Block My BVN: Please Help. by kestolove95(m): 9:27pm On Sep 11, 2021
Transfer all d money in ur account to mine so I can help u keep it save

5 Likes

Re: Threat To Block My BVN: Please Help. by chatinent: 9:27pm On Sep 11, 2021
Loan companies are not authorised to block BVNs. However, if you are involved in the loan, call the person or pay back or ignore the threats if you are not affiliated with it.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Threat To Block My BVN: Please Help. by xcelpro: 9:30pm On Sep 11, 2021
Ammishaddai:
It's an empty threat . No financial institution in Nigeria has the authority to block your BVN . Even the almighty CBN will have to get a subpoena to have your BVN blocked ,so relax and take it easy .

Ok. Thanks
Re: Threat To Block My BVN: Please Help. by xcelpro: 9:31pm On Sep 11, 2021
kestolove95:
grin

1 Like

Re: Threat To Block My BVN: Please Help. by xcelpro: 9:32pm On Sep 11, 2021
chatinent:
Loan companies are not authorised to block BVNs. However, if you are involved in the loan, call the person or pay back or ignore the threats if you are not affiliated with it.
Ok. Thanks
Re: Threat To Block My BVN: Please Help. by Pierocash(m): 9:44pm On Sep 11, 2021
Nobody borrowed money using your number. They are scammers trying to threaten you to part with your hard earned money just to avoid your bvn been blocked,that is a new format. Ignore them

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Threat To Block My BVN: Please Help. by OssyMalik: 9:49pm On Sep 11, 2021
The loan company is LCredit. Na their way be that. Just block their numbers

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Threat To Block My BVN: Please Help. by Nobody: 9:56pm On Sep 11, 2021
If they call you again, ask them if they called you when the person was about to borrow the money?? Then you tell them to go pick thier pant where they hanged it...

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Threat To Block My BVN: Please Help. by muller101(m): 10:51pm On Sep 11, 2021
kestolove95:
This your style is Yahoo negative grin

2 Likes

Re: Threat To Block My BVN: Please Help. by DoggoneDogg: 11:08pm On Sep 11, 2021
They don't even have your BVN except you've been foolish enough to reveal it.
Dare them to send your BVN & see for yourself.

4 Likes

Re: Threat To Block My BVN: Please Help. by LadySarah: 3:19am On Sep 12, 2021
Relax nothing will happen. Got the same message 2 weeks ago on behalf of a man my husband used his line to call me just once when his phone died and I couldn't reach him.

Just once oo and I have never spoken nor called back the number only for them to say he used me as guarantor. Lol.
I told them off on their whatsapp page and since then they left me.
This is actually the 3rd time for 3 different ppl I know passively .

3 Likes

Re: Threat To Block My BVN: Please Help. by Angelacruz: 5:33am On Sep 12, 2021
Dont give out ur personal bank details to anybody before d empty ur account...beware of scammers .Only go to ur bank n see tins for urself
xcelpro:

Ok. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Threat To Block My BVN: Please Help. by Charmingrascal(m): 7:52am On Sep 12, 2021
xcelpro:
Good evening Nairaland.

Please I need help.
I received an automated call yesterday from 018xxx857 telling me that one "Richardson ____" collected a loan from one financial institution using me (my number) as a guarantor.

The said person has defaulted and they are threatening me to tell the person to pay up the loan if not his BVN will be blocked and his account will be subsequently affected and that my BVN and account will be affected as well.
I never took them seriously, since I don't know the person they are referring to and also no more details was given about the financial institution or person.

However, I received the same call this night from a different number 012xxx640 telling me the same thing.

I can't call the line since it's an automated call but I'm beginning to worry not knowing what to do exactly.

Please your advice and recommendations will be much appreciated.

Thanks.

No loan company has the right to block your BVN except you have a case with EFCC.

This is just an empty threat, if they see that you don't fret they will come up with another threat.

If you didn't take any loan fear nothing, go to your bank and report.
This might even be fraudsters, there is no way someone can use only your BVN to secure a loan because your BVN must match with your bank details

3 Likes

Re: Threat To Block My BVN: Please Help. by duro4chang(m): 7:54am On Sep 12, 2021
I have received such call before but I was not threatened of BVN called. I told the lady to find the person who owed them and stop disturbing me. I was not there when you when you gave the loan. Two weeks later, they called my younger brother for the same reason. He just told them to shut up. That was August last year. Since then nothing again. Ignore them.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Threat To Block My BVN: Please Help. by Nobody: 8:24am On Sep 12, 2021
Ammishaddai:

Your BVN can be blacklisted if you signed an indemnity for this.

1 Like

Re: Threat To Block My BVN: Please Help. by xcelpro: 8:32am On Sep 12, 2021
Pierocash:
Nobody borrowed money using your number. They are scammers trying to threaten you to part with your hard earned money just to avoid your bvn been blocked,that is a new format. Ignore them
Ok. Thank you
Re: Threat To Block My BVN: Please Help. by xcelpro: 8:32am On Sep 12, 2021
OssyMalik:
The loan company is LCredit. Na their way be that. Just block their numbers
Ok. Thank you
Re: Threat To Block My BVN: Please Help. by xcelpro: 8:33am On Sep 12, 2021
BKsoul:
If they call you again, ask them if they called you when the person was about to borrow the money?? Then you tell them to go pick thier pant where they hanged it...
grin
Re: Threat To Block My BVN: Please Help. by xcelpro: 8:34am On Sep 12, 2021
LadySarah:
Relax nothing will happen. Got the same message 2 weeks ago on behalf of a man my husband used his line to call me just once when his phone died and I couldn't reach him.

Just once oo and I have never spoken nor called back the number only for them to say he used me as guarantor. Lol.
I told them off on their whatsapp page and since then they left me.
This is actually the 3rd time for 3 different ppl I know passively .
Thanks
Re: Threat To Block My BVN: Please Help. by xcelpro: 8:35am On Sep 12, 2021
Charmingrascal:

No loan company has the right to block your BVN except you have a case with EFCC.

This is just an empty threat, if they see that you don't fret they will come up with another threat.

If you didn't take any loan fear nothing, go to your bank and report.
This might even be fraudsters, there is no way someone can use only your BVN to secure a loan because your BVN must match with your bank details
Ok. Thanks
Re: Threat To Block My BVN: Please Help. by xcelpro: 8:35am On Sep 12, 2021
duro4chang:
I have received such call before but I was not threatened of BVN called. I told the lady to find the person who owed them and stop disturbing me. I was not there when you when you gave the loan. Two weeks later, they called my younger brother for the same reason. He just told them to shut up. That was August last year. Since then nothing again. Ignore them.
Ok. Thanks
Re: Threat To Block My BVN: Please Help. by Ammishaddai: 9:20am On Sep 12, 2021
espionagesavvy:

Your BVN can be blacklisted if you signed an indemnity for this.
There's a legal backing for an indemnity to take place and it must first pass through a court of law . The OP here was not aware of the transaction by his friend, and even if he was ,there's no legal document in Nigeria that supports loan companies to use any means necessary to retrieve monies owed.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Threat To Block My BVN: Please Help. by PrinceK2123: 10:03am On Sep 12, 2021
Download the latest Hollywood and Korean films at natively.com.ng
it's a new site with little to no ads. Our app will soon be available at Google play store. The best part is that you can select the resolution of the film you want whether HD or normal quality
Re: Threat To Block My BVN: Please Help. by Elliotwaveforec: 10:13am On Sep 12, 2021
No one can block your BVN, empty threat as usual.

1 Like

Re: Threat To Block My BVN: Please Help. by Youngvegetable: 1:01pm On Sep 12, 2021
One sent me a text on WhatsApp saying some one used me as guarantor to borrow money.
Omo I just rained causes through voice messages and text.... They are Blackmailing the guy
Re: Threat To Block My BVN: Please Help. by sheanzy(m): 2:42pm On Sep 12, 2021
BKsoul:
chai..

Sense choke
Re: Threat To Block My BVN: Please Help. by TheMan3: 3:31pm On Sep 12, 2021
So CBN want to tell me they don't know what all these online loan sharks are doing?

It's crypto that's their problem
Re: Threat To Block My BVN: Please Help. by samtol4(m): 7:09pm On Sep 12, 2021
BKsoul:
wisdom
Re: Threat To Block My BVN: Please Help. by Nobody: 8:40pm On Sep 12, 2021
samtol4:
wisdom
Thank you sam.... Your picture looks so familiar.... Have you ever been to kenya?
Re: Threat To Block My BVN: Please Help. by Nobody: 8:40pm On Sep 12, 2021
sheanzy:
chai..

Sense choke
No mind them

(1) (2) (Reply)

Be Ready For A Long Strike, ASUU Tells Members / List Of Top Universities That Accept 150 Jamb Cut-off Mark, Even You Never Choos / Pictures From The Burial Of Olurotimi Sikiru Akeusola (MOCPED Provost)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.