Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,203 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:58 AM

Please Help Call Out Liberty Credit Loan Firm - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Please Help Call Out Liberty Credit Loan Firm (1012 Views)

Moment Plampay Loan Firm Agents Arrested A Man At An Eatery Unpaid Debt (video) / Online Loan Firm Tracks Down And Arrests Client Who Failed To Repay Money / Meet Hushpuppi's Lawyer, Gal Pissetzky Of Pissetzky & Berliner Law Firm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help Call Out Liberty Credit Loan Firm by Kokaine(m): 10:32pm On Sep 11, 2021
Hello my fellow compatriots.

I recently started receiving text messages and calls from a loan firm called Liberty credit about a friend/relative who took me as a guarantor while obtaining a certain credit facility from them, and is now unable to pay back.

The strange thing is: neither the friend nor the said company contacted me to confirm my consent to guarantee the loan.

While I have decided not to talk to the friend about it, my grouse is with the loan firm who is supposed to know the legal standing and procedures for registering someone as a guarantor and entering his details for embarrassing text messages and threat calls.

I wrote to the company via email about my unwillingness and unawareness of the entire engagement, they are yet to respond.

It is quite unfortunate that many things in Nigeria will always be slaughtered on the alter of mediocrity. If not, how come it that a financial institution registered to do business in Nigeria, will be unaware of peoples basic rights? It does not even take rocket science or organic chemistry for a firm to know that contacting the guarantor provided by their loan seekers, to confirm his/her willingness to stand for the person is the right way to conduct an affair like that.

I don't know how else to reach them since they neither respond to email nor text messages. They send automated calls threatening legal action on an unwilling guarantor who never even knew when he was registered on their database as one. Wow! This is definitely a new low level for a corporate entity.

Please my esteemed compatriots, if you have any advise for me on this issue, I will really appreciate it.

@lalasticlala @seun please allow this topic get to front page for Nigerians to help call out this company for their uncivilised and illegal methods of conducting their business. Thank you again
Re: Please Help Call Out Liberty Credit Loan Firm by Nemesis0147(m): 12:29am On Sep 12, 2021
It has nothing to do with you.
They are just blackmailing your friend over his inability to pay the loan.
That’s how they operate sir
Re: Please Help Call Out Liberty Credit Loan Firm by captainking(m): 10:18am On Sep 12, 2021
Kokaine:
Hello my fellow compatriots.

I recently started receiving text messages and calls from a loan firm called Liberty credit about a friend/relative who took me as a guarantor while obtaining a certain credit facility from them, and is now unable to pay back.

The strange thing is: neither the friend nor the said company contacted me to confirm my consent to guarantee the loan.

While I have decided not to talk to the friend about it, my grouse is with the loan firm who is supposed to know the legal standing and procedures for registering someone as a guarantor and entering his details for embarrassing text messages and threat calls.

I wrote to the company via email about my unwillingness and unawareness of the entire engagement, they are yet to respond.

It is quite unfortunate that many things in Nigeria will always be slaughtered on the alter of mediocrity. If not, how come it that a financial institution registered to do business in Nigeria, will be unaware of peoples basic rights? It does not even take rocket science or organic chemistry for a firm to know that contacting the guarantor provided by their loan seekers, to confirm his/her willingness to stand for the person is the right way to conduct an affair like that.

I don't know how else to reach them since they neither respond to email nor text messages. They send automated calls threatening legal action on an unwilling guarantor who never even knew when he was registered on their database as one. Wow! This is definitely a new low level for a corporate entity.

Please my esteemed compatriots, if you have any advise for me on this issue, I will really appreciate it.

@lalasticlala @seun please allow this topic get to front page for Nigerians to help call out this company for their uncivilised and illegal methods of conducting their business. Thank you again
Ignore their messages and tell them never to call you. They can do nothing to you since you are not the one that took the loan..
Like someone rightly said above... It's just to blackmail the actual person that took the loan as it would damage his image especially if he has high profile contacts saved in his phone
Re: Please Help Call Out Liberty Credit Loan Firm by Kokaine(m): 2:57pm On Sep 12, 2021
captainking:

Ignore their messages and tell them never to call you. They can do nothing to you since you are not the one that took the loan..
Like someone rightly said above... It's just to blackmail the actual person that took the loan as it would damage his image especially if he has high profile contacts saved in his phone
okay sir. Thanks a million
Re: Please Help Call Out Liberty Credit Loan Firm by Kokaine(m): 2:58pm On Sep 12, 2021
Nemesis0147:
It has nothing to do with you.
They are just blackmailing your friend over his inability to pay the loan.
That’s how they operate sir
thank you
Re: Please Help Call Out Liberty Credit Loan Firm by NaijaCoverBlog(m): 3:03pm On Sep 12, 2021
How Much Is That, In Question
Re: Please Help Call Out Liberty Credit Loan Firm by Kokaine(m): 11:42pm On Sep 12, 2021
NaijaCoverBlog:
How Much Is That, In Question
I don't even know. I didn't even ask the friend about it. He asked me for a loan one time, I offered him what I could offer. He refused saying that it was too little. About one month later I started receiving text messages that he owed liberty credit money blah blah blah. I ignored it. Then yesterday a number called me that I am advised to instruct him to pay back since he took me as his guarantor. It was an automated call, one you cannot talk back to. That's where my concerns grew that a company would take me as a guarantor for a loan I know nothing about. Something I never consented to standing guarantor for the person. Is it enough to just submit someone's number and that automatically makes him a guarantor. The procedure for standing as a guarantor for someone in a police station includes a written document, scanned ID card signatures, address, and other modalities. Not just receiving instruction from the borrower that he should use a certain number as guarantor. No calls for confirmation, no message, nothing whatsoever. Only a surprise embarrassment that I am now a guarantor for a loan. Wow! Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: Please Help Call Out Liberty Credit Loan Firm by DAVE206(m): 1:05am On Sep 13, 2021
Report the matter the NITDA, they will take it up and charge the company.
Re: Please Help Call Out Liberty Credit Loan Firm by Kokaine(m): 4:55pm On Sep 13, 2021
DAVE206:
Report the matter the NITDA, they will take it up and charge the company.
okay thanks. I'll check how to contact the online now

(1) (Reply)

Man Who Specializes In Breaking Into Churches To Steal Arrested By Nig. Police / Popular Delta State Yahoo Boy Live Large After Using Girlfriend For Plus Up / Young Man Kills His Girlfriend In Lagos, Sleeps With Her Corpse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.