Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,803 members, 7,817,334 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:28 AM

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route - Travel (118) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route (846854 Views)

UK Skilled Worker Visa : Story Of Nigerians Living As Destitutes - Sky News / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) ... (607) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by stanvesco(m): 10:57pm On Apr 27, 2022
Chelseafan1:

Hello sir, an agent is asking me to pay 1.6m for this HCA job,said money will cover test of English, Visa processing, TB test, Flight ticket and everything generally, I want to know if its a good deal.?
I am interested sef....hit me on my line
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by adeblow(m): 11:42pm On Apr 27, 2022
Uzland:

Hello Zeb04, I hope you're aware that you mustn't use IELTS report for HCPC registration.
If you schooled in an Anglophone country, such as Nigeria, and your university degree was taught in English, and you speak it fluently, you can get an English Proficiency Letter/Medium of Instruction (signed & stamped) from your university's admin office or from your dept and use it for your HCPC registration. Cheers.cheesy
Please I have English proficiency letter from my school. How can I do the HCPC registration and like how much does it cost?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by billyboy(m): 1:49am On Apr 28, 2022
Citb tests are only written in uk?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by chifreke(f): 2:13am On Apr 28, 2022
umarwy:

You can discuss this with your employer, and remind them of what was discussed.

But if you have signed it's a different case. You can still negotiate once you enter.

Can one apply for visa with only cos? A friend of mine that was employed was told no need for offer letter, COS was given to her, after a zoom meeting where her appointment was discussed, all effort to make them give offer letter fail as the HR insisted it's of no use, that Cos covers it. Help!!!!! � � �
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by umarwy(m): 2:43am On Apr 28, 2022
chifreke:

Can one apply for visa with only cos? A friend of mine that was employed was told no need for offer letter, COS was given to her, after a zoom meeting where her appointment was discussed, all effort to make them give offer letter fail as the HR insisted it's of no use, that Cos covers it. Help!!!!! � � �

Cos is sufficient.

But you will need your proof of funds, TB test, etc
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by luckygeee: 5:01am On Apr 28, 2022
Emurate1:

Did you reach out to them?

The number of the person communicating with me isn't on their site. The available number did not pick
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Kolajero: 5:10am On Apr 28, 2022
You need to be careful about the part he mentioned that the cost also covers test of English.

Ask him how he wants to cover the test of English for you.

Because if you need a test of English, it must be written by you. Otherwise, what he wants to give you is a fake result that will surely affect you. In fact, this is making me to believe the whole thing is a scam.

Chelseafan1:

Hello sir, an agent is asking me to pay 1.6m for this HCA job,said money will cover test of English, Visa processing, TB test, Flight ticket and everything generally, I want to know if its a good deal.?

2 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Carinaflo(f): 5:23am On Apr 28, 2022
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Kaylaonah(f): 10:51am On Apr 28, 2022
Carinaflo:
Please is there any difference between IELTS general and UKVI. Can someone that already has IELTS general, use it to apply for tier two Visa or must the person write UKVI?

It has to be UKVI
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by dee1504: 11:20am On Apr 28, 2022
Chelseafan1:

Cost of individual item on that lists exceeds 1.6m. DO NOT GIVE MONEY TO ANYONE TO DO ANYTHING FOR YOU. Is it not obvious that he's trying to scam you? Nà desperation go kill us in this country. I just hope you receive wisdom before its too late

6 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by dee1504: 11:22am On Apr 28, 2022
If you're planning to use your IELTS for any professional registration, please ALWAYS use IELTS for UKVI Academic. IELTS for UKVI General is for those who do not intend to use it for anything academic or professional other than VISA application.

2 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by vanod: 11:59am On Apr 28, 2022
Pls any interview tips for trainee nursing assistant, pls any heads up will be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by dramacox: 2:08pm On Apr 28, 2022
Please any idea on £1,270 equivalent to naira. Will the visa use official rate or black market. Response will be appreciated.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by zeb04(f): 2:12pm On Apr 28, 2022
adeblow:

Please I have English proficiency letter from my school. How can I do the HCPC registration and like how much does it cost?
hello. Just go online, you will get all the details there. It cost about 499 pounds or more.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by LagosismyHome(f): 2:29pm On Apr 28, 2022
dramacox:
Please any idea on £1,270 equivalent to naira. Will the visa use official rate or black market. Response will be appreciated.

Home office only uses one website which is oanda. Check google for that website and the rate to guide you and also add more as a buffer for currency fluctuation

3 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by anayolity: 2:41pm On Apr 28, 2022
Kciey:
Actually my wife had plans of going through an agent on this route but a friend from uk has asked me not to waste money as they have suspended the program. I have check the uk government website and I did not find any news like that. Obviously it’s just one silly rumor again sorry about that.

That person nah bad belle go kill am....eh no want make Una come Yankee

2 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Kaylaonah(f): 3:04pm On Apr 28, 2022
dramacox:

Just use 700k to cover up fluctuations

3 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Emurate1: 3:07pm On Apr 28, 2022
dramacox:

Is your CoS out?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Hanzzyyy(m): 3:14pm On Apr 28, 2022
Hello Guys, What is the price of Health and Care Visa Fee in dollars, I know it's £247 but can I know what UKVI charges in dollars, I don't think they use Oando Rate because when it was £232 it was equivalent to $326
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Emurate1: 3:26pm On Apr 28, 2022
Hanzzyyy:
Hello Guys, What is the price of Health and Care Visa Fee in dollars, I know it's £247 but can I know what UKVI charges in dollars, I don't think they use Oando Rate because when it was £232 it was equivalent to $326

With the information given, they used a rate of $1.41=£1 to get $326.
So currently, give or take £247=$348

2 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Saynoomore: 3:51pm On Apr 28, 2022
Hi guys,
Please any link on where to search for these HCA Jobs and apply online will be appreciated.

I used to work as a Care assistant in a Care home in the UK during my MSC some years ago. But I returned to Nigeria. It's been more than 7 years. However, with what I'm seeing now about the country, I'm beginning to reconsider going back, even if it's for this HCA job for a start. Country don hard o!

I've gone through indeed.co.uk, and findajob.dwp but will be happy for additional links. cheers

3 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Hanzzyyy(m): 4:44pm On Apr 28, 2022
Smart One, Thanks, will just approximate to $355
Emurate1:

With the information given, they used a rate of $1.41=£1 to get $326.
So currently, give or take £247=$348

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by iamdapsyj(m): 5:16pm On Apr 28, 2022
[quote author=Emurate1 post=112256259]

There are many factors to consider. Salary(net income), cost of living at the city in which both jobs are, growth prospect etc.
Australia has similar tax rate with UK[/quote

Like you said, Australia and UK has similar tax rates but overall, Australia is better. I once saw a detailed video on YouTube as regard this issue. The lady in question who is a UK citizen (nurse) migrated to Australia as a nurse as well and did a comparison (social, economic and all that).

It depends on the personality of the person in the end though.....
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by dramacox: 5:33pm On Apr 28, 2022
Just preparing bro

Emurate1:

Is your CoS out?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by mcemmy0z: 5:47pm On Apr 28, 2022
Kolajero:
Hello. I am new here and I have beneficial info for those preparing for their IELTS for UKVI.

Passing IELTS for UKVI is not that difficult IF you wrote your O Level WAEC/NECO yourself and got at least C6.

The British Council has even made the training simple and straightforward with their online IELTS training platform called Guided e-Learning (GEL).

What many of us do not know or take note of is that after paying for the IELTS for UKVI, British Council will send a link to your email to have FREE access to the GEL (I can't confirm whether this applies to those writing the standard IELTS). If you have already paid for the IELTS for UKVI, check all the emails sent to you by the British Council to confirm this.

I also did not know this until a friend told me. I used it for 4 weeks and I got L = 7.5, R = 7.5, W = 7, S = 7 and Overall = 7.5.

If you are a slow learner like me, you can book to write your IELTS for UKVI in 5 weeks' time so that you can have ample time to explore it thoroughly because there are so many guided resources and videos for Practice and Mock for each aspect.

I can guarantee 100% that you can never get any material better than this because it is straightforward and just like plug and play.

What you need is just to plan your preparation and explore the GEL thoroughly to maximize your score.
You wrote general or academic?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by lansha2006: 6:37pm On Apr 28, 2022
Thanks
Kciey:
This thread is dedicated to the new UK Skilled Worker visa (formerly Tier 2 visa), and Health and Care Worker visa routes. Please feel free to share ideas, information, links, etc and connect with like-minded people. Our goal is to see each other succeed in this pursuit and meet together at last in the UK.

I'll start with some basic information about each of the two visa routes and the official gov.uk links for guidance on how to start the process:

1. For every information about the UK Skilled Worker visa -> https://www.gov.uk/skilled-worker-visa

Overview of Skilled Worker visa:
A Skilled Worker visa allows you to come to or stay in the UK to do an eligible job with an approved employer. This visa has replaced the Tier 2 (General) work visa.

Eligibility:
To qualify for a Skilled Worker visa, you must:
- work for a UK employer that’s been approved by the Home Office
- have a ‘certificate of sponsorship’ from your employer with information about the role you’ve been offered in the UK
- do a job that’s on the list of eligible occupations
- be paid a minimum salary - how much depends on the type of work you do

*The specific eligibility depends on your job -> https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/skilled-worker-visa-eligible-occupations

*Check if your job is on the list of Shortage Occupations for non-healthcare and non-education ->
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/skilled-worker-visa-shortage-occupations/skilled-worker-visa-shortage-occupations

*You must have a confirmed job offer before you apply for your visa.*

Knowledge of English:
- You must be able to speak, read, write and understand English. You’ll usually need to prove your knowledge of English when you apply.

You can prove your knowledge of English by:
- passing a Secure English Language Test (SELT) from an approved provider
- having a GCSE, A level, Scottish National Qualification level 4 or 5, Scottish Higher or Advanced Higher in English, gained through study at a UK school that you began when you were under 18
- having a degree-level academic qualification that was taught in English - if you studied abroad, you’ll need to apply through Ecctis (formerly UK NARIC) for confirmation that your qualification is equivalent to a UK bachelor’s degree, master’s degree or PhD.

How long you can stay:
- Your visa can last for up to 5 years before you need to extend it. You’ll need to apply to extend or update your visa when it expires or if you change jobs or employer.

If you want to stay longer in the UK:
- You can apply to extend your visa as many times as you like as long as you still meet the eligibility requirements.

*After 5 years, you may be able to apply to settle permanently in the UK (also known as ‘indefinite leave to remain’). This gives you the right to live, work and study here for as long as you like, and apply for benefits if you’re eligible.

How to apply:
You must apply online.

How you apply depends on whether you’re:
- outside the UK and are coming to the UK
- inside the UK and extending your current visa
- inside the UK and switching from a different visa
*If you want to change your job or employer, you must apply to update your visa.

*You can include your partner and children in your application to stay in the UK if they are eligible.

How long it takes:
- You can apply for a visa up to 3 months before the day you are due to start work in the UK.

Getting a decision:
Once you’ve applied online, proved your identity and provided your documents, you’ll usually get a decision on your visa within:
- 3 weeks, if you’re outside the UK
- 8 weeks, if you’re inside the UK
*If you need to go to an appointment, you may be able to pay for a faster decision. How you do this depends on whether you’re outside the UK or inside the UK.

How much it costs:
You, your partner or children will each need to:
- pay the application fee (£610 for a standard 3-year visa, or £1,220 for a 5-year visa; but for shortage occupations - £464 for a 3-year visa, or £928 for a 5-year visa)
- pay the healthcare surcharge fee for each year of your stay (£624 per annum)
- prove you have enough personal savings (at least £1,270, unless you’re exempt)

What you can and cannot do
You can:
- work in an eligible job
- take on additional work in certain circumstances
- do voluntary work
- study
- bring your partner and children with you as your ‘dependants’, if they’re eligible
- travel abroad and return to the UK
- apply to settle permanently in the UK (also known as ‘indefinite leave to remain’) if you’ve lived in the UK for 5 years and meet the other eligibility requirements

You cannot:
- apply for most benefits (public funds), or the State Pension
- change jobs or employer unless you update your visa.

2. For every information about the UK Health and Care Worker visa -> https://www.gov.uk/health-care-worker-visa

Overview of Health and Care Worker visa:
The Health and Care Worker visa was created, sequel to Brexit, to encourage healthcare professionals from around the world to come to the UK to do an eligible job with the NHS, an NHS supplier or in adult social care.
The visa opened to applications from 4 August 2020, and forms part of the UK’s new immigration system.

*For applicants, the benefits of the new Health and Care Worker visa include fast-tracked entry to the UK, together with reduced visa fees and exemption from the Immigration Health Surcharge (IHS). Processing duration is usually about 3 weeks.

Eligibility:
To qualify for a Health and Care Worker visa, you must:
- be a qualified doctor, nurse, health professional (e.g. dietitian, physiotherapist, dentist, etc) or adult social care professional
- work in an eligible health or social care job
- work for a UK employer that’s been approved by the Home Office
- have a ‘certificate of sponsorship’ from your employer with information about the role you’ve been offered in the UK
- be paid a minimum salary - how much depends on the type of work you do

*Check if your job is eligible -> https://www.gov.uk/health-care-worker-visa/your-job

*Check if your job is on the list of Shortage Occupations for healthcare and education ->
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/skilled-worker-visa-shortage-occupations-for-health-and-education/skilled-worker-visa-shortage-occupations-for-healthcare-and-education

*You must have a confirmed job offer before you apply for your visa.

Knowledge of English:
- You must be able to speak, read, write and understand English. You’ll usually need to prove your knowledge of English when you apply.

How long you can stay:
- Your visa can last for up to 5 years before you need to extend it. You’ll need to apply to extend or update your visa when it expires or if you change jobs or employer.

If you want to stay longer in the UK:
- You can apply to extend your visa as many times as you like as long as you still meet the eligibility requirements.

*After 5 years, you may be able to apply to settle permanently in the UK (also known as ‘indefinite leave to remain’). This gives you the right to live, work and study here for as long as you like, and apply for benefits if you’re eligible.

How to apply:
You must apply online.

How you apply depends on whether you’re:
- outside the UK and are coming to the UK
- inside the UK and extending your current visa
- inside the UK and switching from a different visa.
*If you want to change your job or employer, you must apply to update your visa.

*You can include your partner and children in your application to stay in the UK if they are eligible.

How long it takes:
- You can apply for a visa up to 3 months before the day you are due to start work in the UK. This date is listed on your certificate of sponsorship.

Getting a decision:
- Once you’ve applied online, proved your identity and provided your documents, you’ll usually get a decision on your visa within 3 weeks.

*If you need to go to an appointment, you may be able to pay for a faster decision. How you do this depends on whether you’re outside the UK or inside the UK.

How much it costs
You, your partner or children will each need to:
- pay the application fee (£232 for a 3-year visa, or £464 for a 5-year visa)
- prove you have enough personal savings (at least £1,270, unless you’re exempt)

Healthcare surcharge:
You - and your partner or children - will not have to pay the healthcare surcharge.

What you can and cannot do
You can:
- work in an eligible job
- take on additional work in certain circumstances
- do voluntary work
- study
- bring your partner and children with you as your ‘dependants’, if they’re eligible
- travel abroad and return to the UK
- apply to settle permanently in the UK (also known as ‘indefinite leave to remain’) if you’ve lived in the UK for 5 years and meet the other eligibility requirements

You cannot:
- apply for most benefits (public funds), or the State Pension
- change jobs or employer unless you update your visa.

Apply for NHS UK Jobs -> https://www.jobs.nhs.uk/

Apply for NHS Scotland Jobs -> https://jobs.scot.nhs.uk/

For the HACW visa, if your profession is among those listed below, then you need to register with the UK Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) first in order to obtain a license to practise in the UK, before you can apply for a UK job offer.
https://www.hcpc-uk.org/registration/getting-on-the-register/international-applications/

PROFESSIONS REGULATED BY THE HCPC (Source - #HCPCRegistrationGuide):

1. ARTS THERAPIST

2. CHIROPODIST/PODIATRIST

3. CLINICAL SCIENTIST (MEDICAL MICROBIOLOGISTS & BIOCHEMISTS ARE WELCOME TO REGISTER AS CLINICAL SCIENTISTS ONLY IF THEY'VE HAD COPIOUS LABORATORY EXPERIENCE)

4. DIETICIAN

5. BIOMEDICAL SCIENTIST (ALSO KNOWN AS MEDICAL LABORATORY SCIENCE)

6. OCCUPATIONAL THERAPIST

7. ORTHOPTIST

8. PARAMEDIC

9. PHYSIOTHERAPIST

10. PROSTHETIST/ORTHOTIST

11. RADIOGRAPHER

12. SPEECH AND LANGUAGE THERAPIST

13. OPERATING DEPARTMENT PRACTITIONER

14. PRACTIONER PSYCHOLOGIST

15. HEARING AND DISPENSER

*Regulatory bodies for other health professions*

There are a number of other regulatory organisations in the UK which regulate other health and care professions, you just have to dig up the internet (Google) to find out which one regulates yours.

*The following professions listed below are NOT regulated by the HCPC.

1. Nurses, midwives, public health or radiology nurses

2. Pharmacists and pharmacy technicians

3. Medical Laboratory Technicians and Radiography Technicians

4. Doctors

5. Optometrists

6. Dentists, dental therapists, dental technicians and orthodontic therapists

7. Social workers

8. Anatomists

And so on....

To all those asking for guidance on CV creation, just go to [url]uk.indeed.com[/url], sign up and enter your details (personal data, work experience, education etc) in order to create a free CV. This will automatically be used as your CV (to populate/autofill your profile) for any job you're applying for via the indeed platform. You can also download this CV as pdf and use it to apply for jobs on other platforms.

Please let's accord this thread the publicity it deserves by getting it to the front page, so that our brothers and sisters who aren't aware of this opportunity can see it and benefit from it. Thanks.
~Your brother, Uzland.

Cc: justwise
Cc: DisGuy

2 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Richdee1(m): 6:45pm On Apr 28, 2022
Kennyg290:

I appreciate your advice and it helps. I submitted my indeed and true profile.io CV last night to like 30 NHS /care homes, I woke up to see invitation for video interview by care Mack recruiter, thx God it's a success. They only ask for DL and when can I start work if employed and I said 8 months time.
Dey promise to get back in 2weeks time but if dey didn't it means I lost the job. My joy is that I was recognized within 6 hours.

Lol, this is hilarious
I want to ask about your Indeed CV
When you were creating it, did you put in your high school, Internship or volunteering you did in high school, your Nigeria adress?
Did your CV read "Nigeria" ?

And also which list did you get the care homes you used??!!

Did you do any certification? Paid or free and if you did, which one?
Any other certificate apart from BSC?
So sorry for the long question

Thanks for your reply

2 Likes

Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Chelseafan1: 9:28pm On Apr 28, 2022
dee1504:

Cost of individual item on that lists exceeds 1.6m. DO NOT GIVE MONEY TO ANYONE TO DO ANYTHING FOR YOU. Is it not obvious that he's trying to scam you? Nà desperation go kill us in this country. I just hope you receive wisdom before its too late

Which kind insult be this now?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Chelseafan1: 9:29pm On Apr 28, 2022
Kolajero:
You need to be careful about the part he mentioned that the cost also covers test of English.

Ask him how he wants to cover the test of English for you.

Because if you need a test of English, it must be written by you. Otherwise, what he wants to give you is a fake result that will surely affect you. In fact, this is making me to believe the whole thing is a scam.

He said I'll take the test my sef, they are gonna train me.
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Chelseafan1: 9:29pm On Apr 28, 2022
RealBae:
Run!
Run!
Run!

Why really?
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Queengold1: 9:30pm On Apr 28, 2022
dramacox:
They use oanda rate
Re: UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route by Queengold1: 9:33pm On Apr 28, 2022
Richdee1:

Lol, this is hilarious
I want to ask about your Indeed CV
When you were creating it, did you put in your high school, Internship or volunteering you did in high school, your Nigeria adress?
Did your CV read "Nigeria" ?

And also which list did you get the care homes you used??!!
Read up this thread you will get all the information you need
Did you do any certification? Paid or free and if you did, which one?
Any other certificate apart from BSC?
So sorry for the long question

Thanks for your reply

(1) (2) (3) ... (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) ... (607) (Reply)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 20 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 7

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.