Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,777 members, 7,820,716 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:07 PM

Opinion: Employees Are The Cause Of Salary Delays!!! - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Opinion: Employees Are The Cause Of Salary Delays!!! (9394 Views)

Employees Are Required To Be Employed / Innoson Motors Recruiting 3000 Employees / EFCC To Recruit 2,250; 750 Employees Per Year As Buhari Approves Recruitment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Opinion: Employees Are The Cause Of Salary Delays!!! by Okortor: 9:58am On Sep 12, 2021
Why would u b sacked for complaining about salary delay? As an employer..I recieve mails when there's delay in salary payment n I forward to the hr dept to manage the situation.

Such shouldn't happen in a sane environment.
candidbabe:
If the employees complain they will be sacked
The wicked employers are the cause.
Re: Opinion: Employees Are The Cause Of Salary Delays!!! by bularuz(m): 9:58am On Sep 12, 2021
This looks like you are blaming the victims here,
Re: Opinion: Employees Are The Cause Of Salary Delays!!! by poiZon: 10:04am On Sep 12, 2021
This op r u sure u no take overdose phensic?
So its the duty of the employees to inform their employer to pay them salaries even when the employer knows he/shehas people working for them...
Re: Opinion: Employees Are The Cause Of Salary Delays!!! by zedegit: 10:06am On Sep 12, 2021
Okortor:
As an employer, employees has got nothing to the with delay in salary..

How I work, once it's 10th of a new month, I give directive to the HR to prepare staff's payroll for the month and before 20th all process z been done and relevant dept like finance n operations av done their bit to ensure salaries are paid as at when due.

The last time I was out of the state and there was a delay which led to Salary delay to the following month, the HR n oda heads of dept got queries with immediate apologies to all staff's.

Staff welfare is key/paramount and as such, salaries should be paid as at when due cos that's the primary reason why employees signed for the job.

Happy Sunday and wish u guys a productive week ahead. Stay blessed.

Unfortunately some employers haven't embraced your understanding.
Of course salary delay is primarily a management problem but where they overlook it, to what extent do workers aid and abet them?

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Employees Are The Cause Of Salary Delays!!! by zedegit: 10:08am On Sep 12, 2021
poiZon:
This op r u sure u no take overdose phensic?
So its the duty of the employees to inform their employer to pay them salaries even when the employer knows he/shehas people working for them...

Hmm. They often delay it to watch response and believe they have understanding workers.
Re: Opinion: Employees Are The Cause Of Salary Delays!!! by obonujoker(m): 10:11am On Sep 12, 2021
I don't delay my staff salaries... I pay on the 28th/29th of every month....

I only delay during the long hols to see the behaviour of some staff....

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Employees Are The Cause Of Salary Delays!!! by urchcoded(m): 10:20am On Sep 12, 2021
Rich4god:
The main issue here is excessive labour force. So when you as an employee try to complain, you can easily be booted out and another jobless person will be ready and even begging to fill your space. Imagine that despite the fact that private schools pays teachers 10-15k per month despite all the stress and work load, there are people who will still beg to have the job.

Take a look at the banking industry. There are banks that pays staff that performs core banking jobs 40-80k per month, despite working from 7am-8pm. One can't complain, cos if the bank sack you, someone will be willing to accept same work load for less.
That's the problem.... As long as there is excessive labour force, employers will continue to rip off people.

Just imagine that there is scarcity of labour, and most firms find it difficult to get a candidate that they can employ. Won't they make the working condition better so as to attract and keep staff.

And before you start blaming regulatory agencies, is there any agencies that do their work in Nigeria.

Even the all mighty CBN that is supposed to checkmate banks don't do it, how much more all these useless FG MDAs.

It all boils down to economic situation.
U've said it all. It's the same thing in all sectors. I experienced same in school, experienced it in a factory, surprisingly I experienced it in a church too. Too much unemployed people so employers can do anyhow they like.
Re: Opinion: Employees Are The Cause Of Salary Delays!!! by wengerman: 10:34am On Sep 12, 2021
Okortor:
As an employer, employees has got nothing to the with delay in salary..

How I work, once it's 10th of a new month, I give directive to the HR to prepare staff's payroll for the month and before 20th all process z been done and relevant dept like finance n operations av done their bit to ensure salaries are paid as at when due.

The last time I was out of the state and there was a delay which led to Salary delay to the following month, the HR n oda heads of dept got queries with immediate apologies to all staff's.

Staff welfare is key/paramount and as such, salaries should be paid as at when due cos that's the primary reason why employees signed for the job.

Happy Sunday and wish u guys a productive week ahead. Stay blessed.
.God bless you and enlarge your coast. When I grow up,I want to be like you���
By the grace of God,I will like to emulate u when I become employer of labour.

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Employees Are The Cause Of Salary Delays!!! by phemmyfour: 10:41am On Sep 12, 2021
zedegit:
In some organizations and parastatals, there are issues of salary delays running from 1 month to 6 months or more.
Workers often keep mute about it, gossip or die in silence while trying to avoid attracting the 'wrath' of their employers or Boss by taking it up with him.

This situation is more pronounced in private schools where proprietors use staff salaries for developmental projects while at same time redirecting their attention to more work with promise that they should exercise more patience. These are people who have responsibilities and have to eat.

In what ways do you think employees contribute to these salary delays and how can it be curbed?
It's the employers fault. Do you know that you can get paid for months you ve not even worked for. Most employers are just naturally wicked
Re: Opinion: Employees Are The Cause Of Salary Delays!!! by Theunbothered: 10:52am On Sep 12, 2021
Only in Nigeria will you be blaming the employer's wickedness on the employee's unwillingness to talk.
Re: Opinion: Employees Are The Cause Of Salary Delays!!! by yetmao: 11:05am On Sep 12, 2021
datola:
Both emplyers and employees are to blame. While employers are wicked and are willing to delay the peanuts they pay for workloads, the rmployees too are area unproductive and are ready to "eat" the business dry by their stealing habits and other corrupt practices.

There is no much difference between ordinary Nigerians an their so called heatless leaders.

Any employee whose salary is being delayed and not talking is stealing from the company or have access to add-on such bribe or settlement from customer. Some also has legit side hustle.

In my workplace, there are some staff you dare not delay their salary for more than 3 days. They are also resourceful. No employer can sack a resourceful staff anyhow.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Opinion: Employees Are The Cause Of Salary Delays!!! by MajorOvakporaye(f): 11:07am On Sep 12, 2021
Flier:
As a business owner,most salary delays are caused by employee not the employers,when you tell your employee to produce certain quality of product but at the end they product substandard product because of lack of concentration there by chasing all the customers away
Where do you expect the employer to get money to pay wages and salary? Do you expect him to get loan to pay salary? Infact I use salary delay to punish them sometimes.its what it’s,you can product nonsense and use bad product to chase customers away then expect me to pay salary

YOUR CUP GO SOON FULL!!! NO WORRY

2 Likes

Re: Opinion: Employees Are The Cause Of Salary Delays!!! by zubinike(m): 11:16am On Sep 12, 2021
zedegit:
In some organizations and parastatals, there are issues of salary delays running from 1 month to 6 months or more.
Workers often keep mute about it, gossip or die in silence while trying to avoid attracting the 'wrath' of their employers or Boss by taking it up with him.

This situation is more pronounced in private schools where proprietors use staff salaries for developmental projects while at same time redirecting their attention to more work with promise that they should exercise more patience. These are people who have responsibilities and have to eat.

In what ways do you think employees contribute to these salary delays and how can it be curbed?

This assertion is right only for days and not months.
Re: Opinion: Employees Are The Cause Of Salary Delays!!! by Geenosko: 11:20am On Sep 12, 2021
You just woke up and decide to talk in the nonsense.
Re: Opinion: Employees Are The Cause Of Salary Delays!!! by ebuclassic18(m): 3:42pm On Sep 12, 2021
not after reading this by the end of the month u want to claim Moses by asking ur employer for ur salary without other backup,,na sack u enter soo,,
Re: Opinion: Employees Are The Cause Of Salary Delays!!! by oazeez1991(m): 6:44pm On Sep 12, 2021
Most employers r only tkin advantage of d country situation, capitalising on employee's fear of being sack, fear of not getin anoda job shud dey leave, fear of not wantin 2 stay at home while hustlin 4 anoda, fear of dia employed status goin back 2 unemploy, fear of d unknown, instead dey wud rather wallow in poor treatments while hoping dia employer change 4 beta, knowin fully well dat, shud dey leave, thousands r ready 2 fill-up dia vacant post in no distance time, so dey rather remain nd kip hopin 4 d best, it tks d strong-willed among dem 2 summon courage 2 leave. Majority r even underemployed. May God help us all.
Re: Opinion: Employees Are The Cause Of Salary Delays!!! by Iceboiking: 1:49pm On Jan 20, 2022
Good afternoon everyone
Please there is something actually bothering me
I was working with an agency under Ippis before, but I got another job with another agency still under Ippis, so I resigned from the 1st one and captured with the second agency, meanwhile the 1st agency was still paying me salary until the new one wanted to pay us the new recruit after three months, and the new one did not pay me, so they said it was because the 1st agency haven't stopped my salary yet, that why they couldn't pay me..
So I now went to my former agency to complain to them that I resigned and my salary has not yet been stopped and that they should stop my salary so that the other agency can start paying me, so they did.....
And I went back to my new agency and told them that the 1st one have removed me from their payroll, so they enrolled me........
Now my question is
Will this my new agency pay me my arrears as they paid my fellow recruits seeing that I didn't do change of service, I was given a fresh appointment.....
Please I need an answer to this from somebody that has experience please....
Thank you
Re: Opinion: Employees Are The Cause Of Salary Delays!!! by Olufemiolaolu(m): 3:36pm On Jul 09, 2022
Marvyx:

It's this same mentality that has kept us from getting what is right. Omoh I no send o. I walked out of a 50k job last two months because of the insults and stress from the job, my boss (a Governor's brother) withheld our salaries at will and was always threatening me that I don't know how many people want my job. Because he is a millionaire.. Lol..

The person that I brought on the job resigned the next month, the person that they brought to replace me stayed for two weeks and left, till now no-one has replaced me. The drivers, all of us got angry and left, it was a mass exodus. I learnt he has stopped withholding salaries and had started treating workers right after that incident.

The moment we stop taking nonsense in this country, we start moving forward.
Exactly
Re: Opinion: Employees Are The Cause Of Salary Delays!!! by Lighthouse50: 4:18pm On Jul 09, 2022
Employers delay employee salary for divers reasons but im so sure of one which is they delay their salaries to retain them. They know most employees will just walk away without notice when they get better offer. Some will drop resignation letter and walk away immediately after receiving pay. They leave the employer in a disorganised manner which led to the idea to delay salary which pins down an employee

(1) (2) (Reply)

Oceanicbankplc Fresh Career Form Site Now Open. Hurry! / INEC 2023: Who Else Is In My Shoes? / Is Applying For Jobs In Nigeria, A Waste Of Time?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.