Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,229 members, 7,836,108 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:50 PM

‘₦20,000 To Transport AK-47, ₦5,000 For Ammunition In The North West - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / ‘₦20,000 To Transport AK-47, ₦5,000 For Ammunition In The North West (24480 Views)

Armed Robbery Suspect Arrested With Arms And Ammunition In Lagos (Photo) / Motorcyclist Arrested With Ammunition In Delta (Photo) / Customs Intercepts Ontisha Bound Truckload Of 200,000 Live Ammunition In Niger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘₦20,000 To Transport AK-47, ₦5,000 For Ammunition In The North West by chukwuibuipob: 9:26pm On Sep 12, 2021
sad God will deliver us from Ala and his offsprings
Re: ‘₦20,000 To Transport AK-47, ₦5,000 For Ammunition In The North West by 2tec(m): 9:27pm On Sep 12, 2021
Master the art of creating short and interesting videos and thrive in the digital world.

The one-day training offers participants an incredible opportunity to independently and confidently plan, shoot and edit exciting short videos to tell inspiring stories.

Click https://wildlifeafrica.org/2021/08/30/smartphone-video-for-social-media-svsm-2021/ to register.

Re: ‘₦20,000 To Transport AK-47, ₦5,000 For Ammunition In The North West by realstars: 9:54pm On Sep 12, 2021
The Country Is Gone.
Re: ‘₦20,000 To Transport AK-47, ₦5,000 For Ammunition In The North West by NOETHNICITY(m): 9:56pm On Sep 12, 2021
SpecialAdviser:
The violence up north and other related evil is the reason Jesus warned us to beware of hypocrites. Jesus called them brood of vipers.

People who chose to appear clean on the surface but let the inner self to decay. Be absolutely careful of them. They chose what to call sin and fail woefully in their knowledge of God.

-Alchohol is a SIN
-Sitting next to a woman is SIN
- Having a handshake with a woman is SIN
- Eating pork is a SIN

BUT
- Exam Malpractice is OKAY
- Killing in the name of God is OKAY
- Taking tramadol is OKAY
- Giving birth to uncared children is OKAY
- Rigging election is Okay
- Forced marriage against will is OKAY

They lack WISDOM and die in FOOLISHNESS.
You are absolutely correct
Down south we all are saints over here
Oya clap for ursef
Re: ‘₦20,000 To Transport AK-47, ₦5,000 For Ammunition In The North West by Mangekyo: 10:09pm On Sep 12, 2021
SpecialAdviser:
The violence up north and other related evil is the reason Jesus warned us to beware of hypocrites. Jesus called them brood of vipers.

People who chose to appear clean on the surface but let the inner self to decay. Be absolutely careful of them. They chose what to call sin and fail woefully in their knowledge of God.

-Alchohol is a SIN
- Eating pork is a SIN

BUT

Ride on sir

1 Like

Re: ‘₦20,000 To Transport AK-47, ₦5,000 For Ammunition In The North West by SpecialAdviser(m): 10:13pm On Sep 12, 2021
NOETHNICITY:
You are absolutely correct
Down south we all are saints over here
Oya clap for ursef

We are not saints but surely we do not regard those things as SINS. It's one thing to be a sinner, it's another thing to show pretence.

How can northern Nigeria be concerned about shaking women when indeed there are more immoral stuff to care about? Why is there no much noise about the too many uncatered kids in their region. Hypocrisy is surely evil.

1 Like

Re: ‘₦20,000 To Transport AK-47, ₦5,000 For Ammunition In The North West by mauchiz: 10:18pm On Sep 12, 2021
Buhari should look for how to manage the border, he is the president.
Re: ‘₦20,000 To Transport AK-47, ₦5,000 For Ammunition In The North West by Ceufinish: 10:25pm On Sep 12, 2021
Christ is my security
Re: ‘₦20,000 To Transport AK-47, ₦5,000 For Ammunition In The North West by Kingrefreshed: 10:39pm On Sep 12, 2021
Re: ‘₦20,000 To Transport AK-47, ₦5,000 For Ammunition In The North West by Kokaine(m): 10:45pm On Sep 12, 2021
SpecialAdviser:

-Alchohol is a SIN
- Eating pork is a SIN

BUT

Dear Muslims, please be reminded that the information contained in this write up is false.

Islam is not the reason for malpractice, killings, drug abuse, almajiri, cheating in election, or false marriage. We all know these things are forbidden and are only done by Muslims who do not follow the injunctions of Islam. We pray for Allah to guide us to be good ambassadors of Islam. May we not be questioned for the poor use of hikmah during dawah. Let us not bother insulting people like this, their utterances speak loads about their upbringing and intellect. Instead we should fear Allah and when we see these haters of Islam. It should remind us that Allah guides who He wills. And on the day of Qiyammah, their cries may just be the exact opposite of what they are saying. They may turn around to say "oh Allah! We had Muslim friends but they never told us about the religion, we only formed our impressions about Islam from the news on the Media, and we concluded that since The Muslims in the north practiced almajiri, and boko haram, then Islam was all about killing. We failed to realise that even Christians or people of all faiths had sinners too. We did not know that anyone who shared partnership in worship with Allah, nor believed in the hereafter nor believed in all the prophets will enter the hell fire.

Please be reminded that local people who have never left their fathers villages also cone online to comment about Islam, whereas Muslims exist in all parts of the world including the places they call civilised. Don't forget that people who talk like this are totally ignorant about the miracles in the Qur'an that even modern scientists, doctors, geologist, chemists and oceanologists are stupefied by. Someone who has neither knowledge of the hadith nor the seerah of the rosullulah (saw) would come online to insult an entire religion because he saw or heard about one musa or danladi in kano or yola committing a crime. How low! And yet he will bow down and lick the shoes of these scientists confirming the miraculous state of the discoveries of the words of Allah!

I give you just one of something even a dummy should stop to think about here.

In surah Nuh, Allah revealed a verse concerning the disbelievers been likened to a person who is in the deep sea, and when he raises his hands, he can hardly see it.
This is not something anyone could have known because it took the modernization of scientific gadgets to know that beyond a certain depth in the sea, all light rays are reflected away. And sight is occasioned by the falling of light rays on an object. Nobody could have linked reflection of light as a function waves or turbulence and depth of the ocean, because no one at that time could possibly know about it, nor the impossibility of sight at the depth of the sea. There are thousands of such impossible coincidences, but those who are blind will never see them. And those who Allah turns away will never find guidance.

The world is not a perfect place. There is the good the bad and the ugly. And wherever you go, you must find these uneven nature of our lives on earth. There are million other atrocities commuted in the name of Christianity or Islam that it takes a balanced mind to rationalise these things as different from religion.

Let us hold strong and pray for Allah not not allow these comments deviate us from remembering our graves and accountability for our lives in this fleeting world.

Once again, Assalamualaykum!

3 Likes

Re: ‘₦20,000 To Transport AK-47, ₦5,000 For Ammunition In The North West by MemoriesAndMe: 10:51pm On Sep 12, 2021
I never knew Nigeria had that many borders, 1950 known legal borders?
Re: ‘₦20,000 To Transport AK-47, ₦5,000 For Ammunition In The North West by awa(m): 11:04pm On Sep 12, 2021
Having stayed in the North for a while, I am not surprised at this report. The border is so porous that once you can speak the local language, you will have express entry. Shame on the Northern leaders because they saw this coming but could not help it
Re: ‘₦20,000 To Transport AK-47, ₦5,000 For Ammunition In The North West by Tundex911: 11:12pm On Sep 12, 2021
Just imagine and Custom go dey rise muscle on little little things for boundaries...

Awon weyrey gbogbo

Smh
Re: ‘₦20,000 To Transport AK-47, ₦5,000 For Ammunition In The North West by ComrdDRS1: 11:30pm On Sep 12, 2021
will this ever going to end
Re: ‘₦20,000 To Transport AK-47, ₦5,000 For Ammunition In The North West by SpecialAdviser(m): 11:40pm On Sep 12, 2021
Kokaine:
Dear Muslims, please be reminded that the information contained in this write up is false.

Islam is not the reason for malpractice, killings, drug abuse, almajiri, cheating in election, or false marriage. We all know these things are forbidden and are only done by Muslims who do not follow the injunctions of Islam. We pray for Allah to guide us to be good ambassadors of Islam. May we not be questioned for the poor use of hikmah during dawah. Let us not bother insulting people like this, their utterances speak loads about their upbringing and intellect. Instead we should fear Allah and when we see these haters of Islam. It should remind us that Allah guides who He wills. And on the day of Qiyammah, their cries may just be the exact opposite of what they are saying. They may turn around to say "oh Allah! We had Muslim friends but they never told us about the religion, we only formed our impressions about Islam from the news on the Media, and we concluded that since The Muslims in the north practiced almajiri, and boko haram, then Islam was all about killing. We failed to realise that even Christians or people of all faiths had sinners too. We did not know that anyone who shared partnership in worship with Allah, nor believed in the hereafter nor believed in all the prophets will enter the hell fire.

Please be reminded that local people who have never left their fathers villages also cone online to comment about Islam, whereas Muslims exist in all parts of the world including the places they call civilised. Don't forget that people who talk like this are totally ignorant about the miracles in the Qur'an that even modern scientists, doctors, geologist, chemists and oceanologists are stupefied by. Someone who has neither knowledge of the hadith nor the seerah of the rosullulah (saw) would come online to insult an entire religion because he saw or heard about one musa or danladi in kano or yola committing a crime. How low! And yet he will bow down and lick the shoes of these scientists confirming the miraculous state of the discoveries of the words of Allah!

I give you just one of something even a dummy should stop to think about here.

In surah Nuh, Allah revealed a verse concerning the disbelievers been likened to a person who is in the deep sea, and when he raises his hands, he can hardly see it.
This is not something anyone could have known because it took the modernization of scientific gadgets to know that beyond a certain depth in the sea, all light rays are reflected away. And sight is occasioned by the falling of light rays on an object. Nobody could have linked reflection of light as a function waves or turbulence and depth of the ocean, because no one at that time could possibly know about it, nor the impossibility of sight at the depth of the sea. There are thousands of such impossible coincidences, but those who are blind will never see them. And those who Allah turns away will never find guidance.

The world is not a perfect place. There is the good the bad and the ugly. And wherever you go, you must find these uneven nature of our lives on earth. There are million other atrocities commuted in the name of Christianity or Islam that it takes a balanced mind to rationalise these things as different from religion.

Let us hold strong and pray for Allah not not allow these comments deviate us from remembering our graves and accountability for our lives in this fleeting world.

Once again, Assalamualaykum!

Did you really understand the comment or you just want to reply?
Can you simply answer this question?

Why is shaking women, sitting beside women, taking alcohol receiving bigger and stronger attention in the north than
- exam malpractice
- Bandits
- tramadol taking
- giving birth to unkept kids.

If you accept the above to be evil, why are there no strong condemnation both online and offline? Please tell me. Why are your criminal looting politicians more interested in driving prostitutes. Are there actions not driving women into the acts? How about the money Yerima who introduced Sharia stole? Has he returned it? What of the Hisbah commander bunking someone's wife? Has he been prosecuted? Does Islam teach people to live a life of hypocrisy?

Sin is evil and all sins deserve condemnation. Stop chosing sins. God hates a hypocrite. You people always like to pose like saints chanting prayers all corners thinking you deceive anyone. You always crave for the love you will never give. Check out Muslim world. I don't hate Islam, I hate hypocrites.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: ‘₦20,000 To Transport AK-47, ₦5,000 For Ammunition In The North West by Kokaine(m): 11:45pm On Sep 12, 2021
SpecialAdviser:

Did you really understand the comment or you just want to reply?
Can you simply answer this question?

Why is shaking women, sitting beside women, taking alcohol receiving bigger and stronger attention in the north than
- exam malpractice
- Bandits
- tramadol taking
- giving birth to unkept kids.

If you accept the above to be evil, why are there no strong condemnation both online and offline? Please tell me.
please I'm not interested in any conversation with you. Look for somewhere else to direct your negative energies and vibes to. You already explained what training your parents gave you when you directed insults to muslims. Rich people dont talk like fools. Broke people have this character of always trying to argue and insult people. I wasnt responding to you. I was only using your writeup as a learning point for my fellow muslim brothers and sisters. I'm working on deploying my next microcontroller project if you don't mind, I can give you some topics to research on so you don't waste time insulting Muslims who don't even care about your existence on this earth. When you see the angel of death, argue with it! Good night!
Re: ‘₦20,000 To Transport AK-47, ₦5,000 For Ammunition In The North West by SpecialAdviser(m): 11:54pm On Sep 12, 2021
Kokaine:
please I'm not interested in any conversation with you. Look for somewhere else to direct your negative energies and vibes to. You already explained what training your parents gave you when you directed insults to muslims. Rich people dont talk like fools. Broke people have this character of always trying to argue and inault people. I wasnt responding to you. I was only using your writeup as a learning point for my fellow muslim brothers and sisters. I'm working on deploying my next microcontroller project if you don't mind, I can give you some topics to research on so you don't waste time insulting Muslims who don't even care about your existence on this earth. When you see the angel of death, argue with him! Good night!

You will be the one to see the angel of death. I live in Christ and Christ in me. God hate hypocrites. Start a campaign against evils I mentioned to obtain the glory of God. That's what God expect from you. Stop coming online to teach us how shaking women is sin while ignoring all the issues bedeviling your region. My issue is that you leave the dirt inside the cup to wash outside of it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ‘₦20,000 To Transport AK-47, ₦5,000 For Ammunition In The North West by Kokaine(m): 12:14am On Sep 13, 2021
SpecialAdviser:

You will be the one to see the angel of death. I live in Christ and Christ in me. God hate hypocrites. Start a campaign against evils I mentioned to obtain the glory of God. That's what God expect from you. Stop coming online to teach us how shaking women is sin while ignoring all the issues bedeviling your region. My issue is that you leave the dirt inside the cup to wash outside of it.

Dear Muslims,
You can see one of the reasons its mentally unhealthy to engage people like this in any intellectual discourse. Every one on earth knows that death is a characteristic of all living things. No one actually thinks he will escape death at one point or the other. But a person like this who has not even appreciated the reality he sees everyday, will want to engage you in a religious debate. Yet he has never seen anyone who lived beyond 150 years in some cases. And he knows that as time counts, we are all gradually leaving this duniya for the life of the hearafter. Or maybe he doesn't really know. Maybe he thinks all the people he knows who have left this world are somewhere in America continuing their lives.

Please let's be learning to turn away from them. In surah Furqan chapter 63 where Allah was describing the qualities of the righteous slaves,

He said "wa ibadul rahmani ledzhina yemshuna alal ardi haonan, wa iza khotorbahumul jahiluna korlu salaman"

Meaning-: And the righteous slaves of the most Gracious (Allah) are those who walk on the earth surface with humbleness. And when they are addressed by the ignorant (foolish) people, they reply with salam(meaning peace)

Mind you brothers, the problem here is not the answers to his questions. The questions he asked could be answered intellectually if he had asked them with some sense of decorum and self respect. But he already presented himself as an unintelligible person who should not be engaged in any discussion. It is better to reply his kind with peace and move away quickly to avoid any further mental breakdown on his part.
Assalam alaykum brothers and sisters in Islam. May Allah guide us aright and make us remember the reality of death. The fact that we will all return to Him undeniably at a time we do not know. Ameen!

2 Likes

Re: ‘₦20,000 To Transport AK-47, ₦5,000 For Ammunition In The North West by Wokenaija: 12:17am On Sep 13, 2021
All the Police and Army are in the east killing young boys. The North will continue to suffer because they have created this monster themselves, this is the result of high level of poverty, illetracy and influence of religion. This will not end soon ! Southerners wake up and do the needful before these terrorists spread everywhere!
Re: ‘₦20,000 To Transport AK-47, ₦5,000 For Ammunition In The North West by MNDY(m): 2:42am On Sep 13, 2021
Kokaine:

Dear Muslims,
You can see one of the reasons its mentally unhealthy to engage people like this in any intellectual discourse. Every one on earth knows that death is a characteristic of all living things. No one actually thinks he will escape death at one point or the other. But a person like this who has not even appreciated the reality he sees everyday, will want to engage you in a religious debate. Yet he has never seen anyone who lived beyond 150 years in some cases. And he knows that as time counts, we are all gradually leaving this duniya for the life of the hearafter. Or maybe he doesn't really know. Maybe he thinks all the people he knows who have left this world are somewhere in America continuing their lives.

Please let's be learning to turn away from them. In surah Furqan chapter 63 where Allah was describing the qualities of the righteous slaves,

He said "wa ibadul rahmani ledzhina yemshuna alal ardi haonan, wa iza khotorbahumul jahiluna korlu salaman"

Meaning-: And the righteous slaves of the most Gracious (Allah) are those who walk on the earth surface with humbleness. And when they are addressed by the ignorant (foolish) people, they reply with salam(meaning peace)

Mind you brothers, the problem here is not the answers to his questions. The questions he asked could be answered intellectually if he had asked them with some sense of decorum and self respect. But he already presented himself as an unintelligible person who should not be engaged in any discussion. It is better to reply his kind with peace and move away quickly to avoid any further mental breakdown on his part.
Assalam alaykum brothers and sisters in Islam. May Allah guide us aright and make us remember the reality of death. The fact that we will all return to Him undeniably at a time we do not know. Ameen!

You tried so much to tackle him intelligently. I have very good Muslim friends, best friends etc. I understand that Christianity and Islam both contain distortions.

But the two major issues of Hypocrisy and Bloodshed, even as distortions, will always shock anybody even if he/she understands them as distortions. Those issues are too important to not worry the mind.

There is hypocrisy in Christianity too for the ones who think grace and the blood of Jesus is sufficient to always wash away sins, just as Ramadan Fast may also be misunderstood to come along to wash away sins too in Islam.

However, Bloodshed on the other hand is not in Christianity. Such chapter was closed in the old testament for the new testament to take over as the new order. The Bloodshed is the main issue for many like me no matter how hard I try to understand it as distortion.
MY CONCLUSION: Such chapter was not closed thereby making its misinterpretation to gain much influence.

Remember, I said I have many good Muslim friends . As a matter of fact, my best friend is a Muslim.
Re: ‘₦20,000 To Transport AK-47, ₦5,000 For Ammunition In The North West by Nobody: 4:10am On Sep 13, 2021
Why are you people exposing my cousins from Niger republic ?
Re: ‘₦20,000 To Transport AK-47, ₦5,000 For Ammunition In The North West by PointZerom: 5:06am On Sep 13, 2021
post=105755662:
Again.....

Stop posting rubbish, nobody is sponsoring SE secessionists. Maybe you'll tell me who sponsored Ojukwu. It has bn there and the root cause has bn bad governance against the SE. Go back to history and stop playing the ignorant card.
Re: ‘₦20,000 To Transport AK-47, ₦5,000 For Ammunition In The North West by supereagle(m): 5:34am On Sep 13, 2021
You nailed it. They use religion to deceive their.

SpecialAdviser:

-Alchohol is a SIN
- Eating pork is a SIN

BUT

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘₦20,000 To Transport AK-47, ₦5,000 For Ammunition In The North West by Kokaine(m): 5:54am On Sep 13, 2021
MNDY:

You tried so much to tackle him intelligently. I have very good Muslim friends, best friends etc. I understand that Christianity and Islam both contain distortions.

But the two major issues of Hypocrisy and Bloodshed, even as distortions, will always shock anybody even if he/she understands them as distortions. Those issues are too important to not worry the mind.

There is hypocrisy in Christianity too for the ones who think grace and the blood of Jesus is sufficient to always wash away sins, just as Ramadan Fast may also be misunderstood to come along to wash away sins too in Islam.

However, Bloodshed on the other hand is not in Christianity. Such chapter was closed in the old testament for the new testament to take over as the new order. The Bloodshed is the main issue for many like me no matter how hard I try to understand it as distortion.
MY CONCLUSION: Such chapter was not closed thereby making its misinterpretation to gain much influence.

Remember, I said I have many good Muslim friends . As a matter of fact, my best friend is a Muslim.

You see the way you approached, I already know you are someone I respect. That's how it works. The mutual respect. Thanks for the civility.

Let me describe a little who the quraish were.
In almost all the verses you see in the Quran referring to war or fight or kill, the people in question were the quraish.

They were an Arab tribe who were rich because their town (Makkah) was a tourist centre for idolatry. People used to come from all places to buy idols and worship there.

So the chieves of that town knew that the message brought by Rosullulah( saw) was capable of reducing or stopping that commerce because it was against idol worshipping, and it was elevating the poor in status because it preached justice and equality before Allah.

they had a serious problem with him. Not that they had any doubt about the content of what he was saying. Their problem was of pride(of their tribes and wealth)

Many of them argued that if God was to send them a prophet, why did He not send them someone from the either of the two biggest towns in Arabia. (Makkah or Taif)

Others argued that why did He send someone that eats and walks about like a human, and not someone with gold flying from a place to the other like an angel. Their disbelief in him was for economic and egocentric reasons. Not that they were not familiar with the content of his message. They were close to Abyssinia the land of the Arabian Christians. They knew very well that idol worshipping was not the right thing.

HIS MESSAGE:

The basic message brought by the Rosullullah(saw) was that people should abandon the idols, be just, treat the orphans and poor with kindness, do not burry their females children (as this was the reaction of some Arabians when their wives gave birth to female children instead of male that they took pride in. Some of them out of regret would burry her alive), be dutiful to the parents.
All the messages he preached were what you and I would call a sane persons way of life.

JIHAD

When the Quraish saw that his message was gaining traction among the weak and poor Arabians, they decided to start chastising them. They were beaten and driven away from their homes until they went to Abyssinia the land of the Christians who heard their story and accommodated them. They had believed the message of peace brought by the prophet also included that they had no right to fight back their oppressors.
That was the reason for the verses that permitted them to fight back.

All the verses make it clear that the people they were fighting were of these characteristics

1. People who fought them. ( not people who were merely practicing other religion
2. If the people stopped fighting them, then the Muslims had no reason to fight.

In the third picture you would clearly see where it says jihad is for the weak women and children who are crying against oppression.

In the last picture, you will see where it is clearly stated that those who do not fight Muslims are not included in this category of people who are enemies of Islam. It is only those who drive you out of your homes or attack you that you should defend yourself from. The Quran is filled with so many verses that offer these clarity. But you know the reality of humans. Even people who cannot read will try to interpret it to fit their agenda.

Just like the scenes of Christianity where you find pastors doing ridiculous things on the TV. Like feeding members with detergents, and all of that. We all know that is not Christianity. The Catholics are practicing what Christianity used to be. All of those shows and funny statements by a pastor like odumegwu or whatever his name is, is a far cry from what Christianity is. We also have people who turn Islam upside down for their own purposes. That is the problem. The crises in jos for instance was originally a land tussle. It degenerated to religion. Islam means peace. So how can a religion that says you should turn away from the foolish by telling him salam, permit you to kill people who did not attack you. It is a far cry from what Islam is.

Muslims are told not to drink or fornicate, yet many do, it shows that the doings of Muslims does not necessarily portray what their religion demands of them. They could be passing a wrong message and people will think Islam instructed them to do these things.

Re: ‘₦20,000 To Transport AK-47, ₦5,000 For Ammunition In The North West by Kokaine(m): 6:45am On Sep 13, 2021
MNDY:

EVIDENCES TO SEE THAT ISLAM DOESNT FIGHT YOU BECAUSE YOU HAVE A DIFFERENT RELIGION.

the first picture is a whole chapter of the Quran addressing the people who disbelieved in the message. It clearly states that Rosullulah(saw) was instructed to tell them that they have their religion and he has his own.

The second picture clearly states that there is no compulsion in religion

The third clearly states the Islamic position on killing innocent people

I can bet my golden eggs if I had any, that 99% of christians who have been out there insulting Islam are not even aware of these verses in the Quran. The thing is that, sentiments and social media content will not allow people see facts any longer. Whereas Americans, Britons and many other nationals in the globe are turning to Islam after studying carefully the facts.

Many are comparing Islam with Catholics, they study to discover where lies the lines. The lines are in the fact that Muslims believe in Jesus as the prophet of Allah like all other prophets.

The facts are everywhere. But let it be known that Islam is not necessarily what you see kabiru or Usman doing in sokoto. It doesn't end there. Usman could be doing what is condemned in Islam and he does not know. Most of the things we see are agenda. Boko haram is an agenda. Islam does not forbid education. That is a basic lie. There are educated Muslims all over the globe. I am an educated Muslim that is why we can have this conversation.

Re: ‘₦20,000 To Transport AK-47, ₦5,000 For Ammunition In The North West by Ngasky(m): 6:50am On Sep 13, 2021
A question for thought.
If the borders are as porous as claimed who will pay 20k to move 1 AK47 through a distance of less than 10 km?
Yes it is true that there are hundreds of illegal entries but the security agencies and border patrols are really trying with limited capabilities they have to secure these entries.
No single country can secure its border 100%. Even USA/Mexico border that was highly walled The smuggling is still ongoing. Yes the customs, immigration and police needs to up their game. But we know it is a very large expense of land. Nigeri/Niger border is more than 1600 km in length. If you want to understand what this means from Sokoto to Lagos by road is just 960 km. Now imagine a distance of almost 2x sokoto to lagos. And all this distance is bush/ mountain/rivers not paved road. How can you secure it? This is just Niger border, what about Benin border, cameroon border, chad border with Nigeria?
The bitter truth is even 2 million border personnel cannot secure our borders with our neighbours. the only solution is collaboration between communities along the border with security agencies. but those at the borders are benefitting financially from these criminalities. So what should be the solution?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Aondover Ikyenge Asemah: Missing Driver In Port Harcourt (Photos) / Mother Bathes 15-year-old Daughter’s Lover With Hot Water / NSCDC Arrests Burglar Who Raped Kwara Housewife In The Presence Of Her Daughter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.