Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,649 members, 7,813,194 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:26 AM

Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) (19898 Views)

Achievements Of Goodluck Ebele Johnathan (states By States) May 2011 -may 2015 / US Didn't Sanction Buhari In 2011 (video), Why Should Orubebe Be Sanctioned? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by Kobojunkie: 8:08am On May 27, 2011
Sagewood:

The ONLY positive outcome from the Aljazeera's documentary is that it will encourage the Lagos State Government and the Federal Govt to look at the plight of the people of Makoko and relocate them to dry and habitable land. The coastal area should be coverted into tourist center.

The people of old [b]Maroko [/b]were also "relocated" and we all know how that ended up.
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by peejay(m): 9:34am On May 27, 2011
Forget about these things they air internationally. It makes no sense. The bad guys are out there doing their thing and making us look like badder guys. If you go to history and trace it back, you'll be amazed at what you discover. As for me, all these documentaries are just a way of using us to make their money. It only goes to say that Nigeria is a money making machine for the whole world. You might laugh at what I'm saying or giggle at my obscure approach but look at the bigger picture. Nigeria is better than 60% of the world, that I can say and defend so when I see these things I laugh. Tell me which country doesn't have poverty and problems? tell me which country doesn't have corruption? They see one part of Nigeria and make a fallacy of it. It stinks!! Yes! we have problems, Yes! there are bad apples but all you need is a change of mindset, propagate this and most other things will change.

Don't really want to preach, so carry on guys, One luv, Peejay.
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by chamber2(m): 9:59am On May 27, 2011
Forget about these things they air internationally. It makes no sense. The bad guys are out there doing their thing and making us look like badder guys. If you go to history and trace it back, you'll be amazed at what you discover. As for me, all these documentaries are just a way of using us to make their money. It only goes to say that Nigeria is a money making machine for the whole world. You might laugh at what I'm saying or giggle at my obscure approach but look at the bigger picture. Nigeria is better than 60% of the world, that I can say and defend so when I see these things I laugh. Tell me which country doesn't have poverty and problems? tell me which country doesn't have corruption? They see one part of Nigeria and make a fallacy of it. It stinks!! Yes! we have problems, Yes! there are bad apples but all you need is a change of mindset, propagate this and most other things will change.

you are saying nothing.Yes, there are poor people everywhere in the world but the degree of extreme poverty in Nigeria is unimaginable.That documentary is only but a fragment of the level of suffering experienced by Nigerians on daily basis.People are only living to survive rather surviving in order to live.
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by Mariory(m): 10:39am On May 27, 2011
chamber2:

you are saying nothing.Yes, there are poor people everywhere in the world but the degree of extreme poverty in Nigeria is unimaginable.That documentary is only but a fragment of the level of suffering experienced by Nigerians on daily basis.People are only living to survive rather surviving in order to live.

That's completely wrong. There is nothing excessively extreme about the suffering of the poor in Nigeria compared to other third world countries. Nigeria's poor are not special cases. The suffering is extreme everywhere.
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by chamber2(m): 10:46am On May 27, 2011

That's completely wrong. There is nothing excessively extreme about the suffering of the poor in Nigeria compared to other third world countries. Nigeria's poor are not special cases. The suffering is extreme everywhere.

No! The Nigerian situation is complicated.In other third world countries as you mentioned, the poor still have access to the basic things of life such as light, good roads, security and food.The only thing is that they cannot afford the luxury of the rich and the middle class.

But in the case of Nigeria the situation is heartbreaking.A typical poor person in Nigeria lacks almost everything imaginable.
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by Nobody: 11:20am On May 27, 2011
i think some of us in this forum just like to talk. i have been to several african countries the different btw our poor folks and theirs is our poor folks are hard working and can feed them selves unlike most countries where they die out of hunger.

u could see the opening kid is not a nigerian, he is lucky he is running a school in nigeria, do u think he would still be alive in SOuth africa??

well most of us went thru different stages of poverty in our lives b4 we got to where we are today, the most important is is Hope and faith because GOvt wont do it for us.

thats why we are Nigerians were tough resilient people. i dont see anything wrong with the video this is our lifestyle this is why we miss home when we travel this is nigeria.
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by playmode(m): 11:22am On May 27, 2011
Many of you have made valid points but those of you spitting venom at me must understand that if we do not feel compassion for our fellow man who is suffering we can not begin to look for solutions to better their situation.First comes compassion ,second comes help.

It is the lack of compassion by our Government officials that has ensured that the level of poverty in Nigeria remains so high.The reason why i said i am shamed of Nigeria is because Nigeria for so long has been hiding its dark side.This is is a country that can arguably be describe as the richest nation on the African continent in terms of revenue but over 70 % of its population live below the poverty line.

To make matters worse ,our politicians in the house of assembly are still paying themselves $1.78 million a year each ,that is not mentioning the various amount of looting from bogus contracts and extra Ghana must go bags that they pass under the table.Should i talk about state Governors? James and Co comes to mind but still you find some cretins of NLers supporting Ibori till death.

Take a look at Jonathan's N1billion inauguration,is that really necessary at this time? Is this not the same man who promised us fresh Air? Does that show you that GEJ is sensitive about Nigeria's poor? No president in Nigeria's history has ever spent N1billion on an inauguration.The same  spent N17 billion on Nigeria's independence day and our Nigerian brother and sisters stupidly went out to vote him back into power.Do you think that the people of U.K or the USA would have voted that kind of president back into power? Hell No ,you know why? Because they are more SENSIBLE and DISCIPLINED than the average Nigerian.

The reality of it is that MOST Nigerians are stupidly stubborn and always make wrong decisions to their own detriment.What can i do to help fellow Nigerians when Nigerians don't want to help themselves? Some of those people you saw in the video went out to vote for Jonathan even though he did little to alleviate their plight.The N17 billion he spent on the 50th celebration could have built not less than 68 ,000 small flats for Nigeria's poor at the rate of N250,000 per flat.That would scored a huge point with Nigerians.

There were better candidates in the election,Professor Pat Utomi comes to mind but NO,Nigerians no like better thing! Na the one wey go destroy their lives dem go select.Maybe just like the westerners have said Africans have negro mentality ! Yeah you heard right i said negro mentality because i can not for the Love of GOD understand why Nigerians will vote for a guy like Jonathan when they was a far better candidate available.The lack of visible support for Pat Utomi led the man to make a honorable albeit frustrating withdrawal from the presidential race.

In the USA or the Uk the masses would have supported the likes of Pat Utomi big time because he was articulate and he had detailed plans to move Nigeria forward.Professor Pat would not have spent as much as N20 million for his inauguration at all instead my people rigged in an OWANBE man whose only presidential duties is to throw all sorts of irrelevant ,non progressive as well as wasteful parties where he dashes out money like there is no tomorrow.

Nigeria is a *twisted* nation that even the most patriotic Nigerian will get fed up of.I am not a Nigeria hater but i am certainly fed up of the status quo and what makes it me more frustrating for me is that there is nothing i can actually do about it.I mentioned in one of my post earlier that Nigeria is not worth fighting for because if i were to come back to Nigeria and set up a revolutionary organization,how many of you will join me? The same guys who are attacking me on this forum are the same guys Jonathan's crew will pay off to assassinate me.

Most Nigerians lack moral discipline,corruption and self deceit is the order of the day.Just a few days ago,people who were supposed to represent the youths took bribes from Jonathan at a youth lunch so i am not surprised at the venom i have received on this thread.There are a lot of Rita Dominics on this thread,they will turn their eyes away from the truth because they can be easily bought.

I will continue to live my life where i am in relative peace and comfort and will only make a move when Nigerians themselves are ready to make a move.I am not going to die for people who enjoy being enslaved.Fela ,may his soul rest in peace has said it all : Suffering and Smiling! Nigerian are the biggest "mugus" on the planet and they continue to pay until they wise up.

I leave you with this song ,maybe that will help you all understand better.I play this song almost every day ,in my house ,in my car,in my office because it keeps me motivated and mentally ready for the inevitable battle that will still erupt in Nigeria if the status quo does not change.We can continue to lie to ourselves but if things don't improve ,PLENTY Kasala go still bust:

[flash=640,510]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKXjwTC7cKM?fs=1&hl=en[/flash]
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by Obiagu1(m): 11:23am On May 27, 2011
I just hate this country. God, what's this?
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by chamber2(m): 11:29am On May 27, 2011
@playmode

you are making valid points.I watched that documentary few days ago at a friend's house and i nearly collapsed.I immediately recalled my infant days and the horrible experience this country made me to pass through.That documentary represents the true situation of an average Nigerian.Always gnashing teeth and hoping to live, even when life itself appears unlivable.

We see everything as western propaganda, but these things are true and real.For instance, when i was Nigeria i used to fall sick almost every week.But i can tell you that i have not experienced anything sickness for quit a long time now.People live in perpetual fear, agony and lack.The Nigeria situation is indescribable.
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by Seun(m): 11:32am On May 27, 2011
The environment is dirty but the children look happy and well-adjusted.
To me this story is about the human ability to triumph in dirty environment.
These are people who left other African countries to find jobs in Nigeria.
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by chamber2(m): 11:33am On May 27, 2011

Is this what you called jobs?Is this the type Nigerians find when they go to other countries?
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by Obiagu1(m): 11:35am On May 27, 2011
Seun:

. . . but the kids living in that kind of environment in an oil rich country are Nigerians, aren't they?

Did you see where they study?

Another name for Nigeria should be "Shame"!
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by Mariory(m): 11:39am On May 27, 2011
chamber2:

No! The Nigerian situation is complicated.I[b]n other third world countries as you mentioned, the poor still have access to the basic things of life such as light, good roads, security and food.The only thing is that they cannot afford the luxury of the rich and the middle class.
[/b]
But in the case of Nigeria the situation is heartbreaking.A typical poor person in Nigeria lacks almost everything imaginable.

No they don't. I have to say that statement is 100% untrue.

Just two examples from India. I chose India because poverty there is well documented and these videos were easy to find.
[flash=425,349]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oun2-7mnVew?fs=1&amp[/flash]

[flash=425,349]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FBzBfYWmiA?fs=1&amp[/flash]

I haven't even mentioned other countries in Africa. Then you have places in South America, South East Asia. Poverty is bad everywhere.
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by Obiagu1(m): 11:43am On May 27, 2011
^^^

Don't bring up India, a country of over 1 billion people with no oil.
If we have to start judging how we are doing by comparing ourselves with the lowest of the lows, then I wonder what the future holds for us.
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by playmode(m): 11:45am On May 27, 2011
chamber2:

@playmode

you are making valid points.I watched that documentary few days ago at a friend's house and i nearly collapsed.I immediately recalled my infant days and the horrible experience this country made me to pass through.That documentary represents the true situation of an average Nigerian.Always gnashing teeth and hoping to live, even when life itself appears unlivable.

We see everything as western propaganda, but these things are true and real.For instance, when i was Nigeria i used to fall sick almost every week.But i can tell you that i have not experienced anything sickness for quit a long time now.People live in perpetual fear, agony and lack.The Nigeria situation is indescribable.

Thanks bro, obviously not all Nigerians can be rich or live a million dollar life but when are politicians are wasting money the way they are ,how can we keep quiet and look the other way?

With the amount of money the Government is wasting ,they should be able to provide some of our poor with free homes.

GEJ gave $200 million dollars to nollwood which is N30 billion, that N30 billion could have built over 120,000 homes for the poor free of charge  angry

Why is GEJ so insensitive since he also grew up poor himself,surely he should know how ordinary Nigerians feel. Why is he openly wasteful of our resources like this

I swear some people deserve to be arrested ,tried and executed for treason  angry angry angry angry
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by playmode(m): 11:54am On May 27, 2011
Mariory:

No they don't. I have to say that statement is 100% untrue.

Just two examples from India. I chose India because poverty there is well documented and these videos were easy to find.
[flash=425,349]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oun2-7mnVew?fs=1&amp[/flash]

[flash=425,349]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FBzBfYWmiA?fs=1&amp[/flash]

I haven't even mentioned other countries in Africa. Then you have places in South America, South East Asia. Poverty is bad everywhere.

We know there is poverty in India but i doubt that India has the kind of resources that we have.Please answer these questions :

Do you think that GEJ giving nollywood $200million is something a sensible president should do?

Do you think our house of assembly members should still be earning $1.78 million dollars a years?

What about the looting done by state governors especially of delta ,bayelsa e.t.c?

Take a look at dubai ,i believe they do not produce as much oil as us but look at the way their citizenry is catered for by the rulers.

We have oil ,agriculture and other mineral resources that generate huge revenues for us but 70% of our population live below the poverty line.

If we did not have the money money i will not complain but we have it.

Look at bankole who spent N10billion on Pus*y and friends.The dude should be shot point blank in the head.

The men who loot us blind SHOULD BE KILLED, no jail time for them just like rolins did in Ghana.

If i am given the opportunity i will not hesitate to pull the trigger ,we as Nigerians deserve better.

Look at Fashola ,is he not human like the rest of these people but he chose to lead by example and to better the lives of Lagosians.The other state Governors akala ,gbenga daniel and co however chose to loot.These same men remain in our midst free to roam around and do as they please because the commander is chief himself is a shameless looter.

People are not angry because people are poor ,they are angry because we have the resources to alleviate their poverty but chose to line the pockets of a few and what makes its worse is that some of the poor are praising and supporting these looters.

My brother ,know this today,if Nigeria is to witness a real change BLOOD WILL NEED TO FLOW.The men in power OBJ ,GEJ e.t.c will not relinquish power without a brutal fight.The sooner we have a real disciplined militant group who targets and kill corrupt politicians instead of innocent civilians (like MEND did) the better for us.
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by playmode(m): 12:25pm On May 27, 2011
Seun:

Your first sentence is nothing short of cruel.How can you say the child swimming in filthy water where people excrete and pee is happy and well adjusted  undecided

I suggest you delete that comment before more people read it.Even an American or Briton would cringe when they see that child swimming in such filth but you as a Nigerian feel she is happy there.God save us in this country.I am really dissappointed in you seun that you can make such a careless statement.Your statement is similar to the statement the bauchi state Governor made after the youth corpers were murdered in north.It is insensitive ,careless and simply cruel.

How would you feel if that was your child or the child of one your relatives swimming in such filth

Secondly you said the story is about human ability to triump in such a dirty environment   undecided  Really that is all you took out from the documentary/ *sighs and shakes head in pity as well as disbelief*

Lastly you said those were Africans who left their countries to look for work in Nigeria.Did you watch the whole documentary or just the opening scene.What about the woman in the video? Are you saying only foreigners live in Makoko?

I have one word for you : Unf8cking believable

If your comment represents the mindset of the average Nigerian then compassion is not in our genes.
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by isleman(m): 12:26pm On May 27, 2011
@POSTER- I advice you to brighten up. You are sad because you know a little about what is going on and you are outside the country and the media is just trying to paint things bad.

firstly let me say abject poverty is a choice, you live in it or get out of it. everyone had one time or the other struggled at varying degree before, to get to where they are today and we are still struggling to get better.

I have been to that place MAKOKO before to a traditional physiotherapist called DR. BALE (presumably and IJAW man) when i had a knee injury from playing football. A friend of mine took 3 of us with similar problem there because he got solution to his own knee and ankle problem there after i have tried hospitals, gyms etc. their solution wasn't working for me as they were just theories and was taking so much time without any noticeable improvement and i needed to bounce back to life.

I was impressed and surprised about the kind of treatment, change and relief i got from this man. He performed a local operation on my knee, laps and ankle. I got  healed in two and half week (an injury I'd been carrying for almost two years. I couldn't squat or kneel down before then). i started playing football again in one month after the local operation.

I offered this local doctor some amount of money because i was very impressed of his treatment, he refused and collected only the appropriate charges for the treatment and said i could give him gift some other time. I offered him accommodation/space in town and a link to come and treat some other guys in town but he refused and said they should rather come to him. I gave up the idea after several failed attempt to bring that kind of man with healing secrets to town. I assumed the sources of his treatment is in connection with water (just an assumption).

These people are riverside people, they are predominantly fisher men and their businesses are linked with the water. They have some connection to the water. If they go anywhere, they must come back to that waterside area. They will not go anywhere else.

Several government had chased these people from MAKOKO in the past, but they still come back and its like the government had come to terms with them.

A feel offended when press go to these places and use them as an indices of our civilization or poverty not bothering to know the connection between those people and and the place.
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by chamber2(m): 12:30pm On May 27, 2011

you are missing it, Indian poverty is somehow concentrated in certain areas like Calcutta, but the Nigerian situation is widespread with varying degrees and manifestations.The Indians have told the world their story and the world is ready to help them.This is evident in the quantum of outsourced jobs going to India and foreign aids/grants.But Nigerians see theirs as western propaganda.

Until we understand the extent of poverty in our land only then can we be able to proffer workable solutions.If we continue to think that we are better than our neighbours, then our salvation is still far away.This ''better than my neighbour'' mentality is obviously tying us down.Apart from a few African countries and very few also in Asia, we are lagging behind and we therefore need urgent help.

Nigerian poverty is disturbing, this is better told when one experiences it.Textbook, magazines, newspapers and the internet cannot exhaustively explain the degree of poverty in Nigeria.
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by Mariory(m): 3:00pm On May 27, 2011
chamber2:

you are missing it, Indian poverty is somehow concentrated in certain areas like Calcutta, but the Nigerian situation is widespread with varying degrees and manifestations.The Indians have told the world their story and the world is ready to help them.This is evident in the quantum of outsourced jobs going to India and foreign aids/grants.But Nigerians see theirs as western propaganda.

Until we understand the extent of poverty in our land only then can we be able to proffer workable solutions.If we continue to think that we are better than our neighbours, then our salvation is still far away.This ''better than my neighbour'' mentality is obviously tying us down.Apart from a few African countries and very few also in Asia, we are lagging behind and we therefore need urgent help.

Nigerian poverty is disturbing, this is better told when one experiences it.Textbook, magazines, newspapers and the internet cannot exhaustively explain the degree of poverty in Nigeria.

No it is not.

Stop with this "special Nigerian poverty" talk. There is nothing "special" about Nigerian poverty. Poverty is poverty so there is no need to apply some sort of Nigerian factor to poverty in Nigeria. The way forward for Nigeria is to reduce the power of the center (Federal Government).
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by Kobojunkie: 3:11pm On May 27, 2011
See me see wahala . . . wetin concern india or america with Nigeria? The documentary was on makoko in Nigeria . . why the constant distractions? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by GNBohr: 4:13pm On May 27, 2011
My dear playmode, since you have gone personal let me tell you some home truth. Fora like Nairaland is like a movie, a make believe, where you can claim to be whatever. So it is left to you to to know if indeed you are what and who you claim to be. Nairaland attracts anybody and a Senegalese can register and claim to be a Nigerian. A transgendered can claim to be a male. Somebody in the deep forest of Oguta can claim to be in the White House provided he has access to internet and can blow some "turenchi".

On the issue in discussion, if you are not intelligent enough to realise that there is nothing total about a country and there is no utopian environment, then you will begin to curb your utopian idealism.

No one has said that Nigeria is better that what it can bem definitely there are a lot of challenges, which had been discussed on this forum in the past. But when you look at the bad side of things all the time you subject your self to delusion. It is this delusion that has pushed many Nigerians like you to other countries and once you begin to enjoy some measure of comfort in those other countries, you begin to remain deusional about your country.

The documentaries in question is a showcase of problems of homelessness and joblessness that pervades the whole world but with a Nigerian tinge. When people leave for other communities without concrete plan of what to do and where to stay, like in the case of Lagos, they end up living under the bridge, around beachlines, in the dumps and other unsavoury places.

These people are Nigerians, they do not require visa to enter Lagos, they can not be deported and the infrastructure available is over streched to cater for them and yet they keep pouring in. I will like playmode, kobojunkien and their ilk to suggest to us on this forum what the government should do.

May be they should do to this people what Americans do to illegal mexican and haitian immigrants, or deport them like they do people caught without legal papers.

You can say because, the government has failed, yes, but these people leave behind good accommodation in their villages to come to Lagos just like Nigerians like you and me left behind whatever comfort we thought was not enough in Nigeria to risk going for better life in Europe, US, SA and other places.

Just some of us make it outside the country, many more end up with more challenges than they ran away from in Nigeria. Yes, because of shame, yes, shame, many of these other categories never wanted to go back to where they came out from. Rather, with stupid hope, they stay back living in such places and becoming the dregs of the society.

Because many are lazy and at the same time arrogant, they want to remain on the streets of Lagos and London to eke out a living doing menial and jobs that they will not want to do in their place of origin.

Many Nigerians have to wash gutters, wash corpses, do taxi driver, car wash, duump collection, sweep streets, clean toilets for oyibo man that do such jobs in Lagos, Port Harcourt, Jos, Enugu and other cities in Nigeria.

My grouse is why are western media only seeing the bad side of my country, why cant they profile on some of the good developments taking place in the country. Why should they continue to show my people in the bad light all the time.

The insult to the injury, is for some lost Nigerians in the diaspora getting hoodwinked that Nigeria is not making progress at all why they remain locked up in their slavish comfort. I am not surprised because they have become a slavish copy of oyibo.

I have seen many like you in my various travels accross six continents, and I have come to conclude that though they claim to know, they actually knew nothing. For those in the diaspora, who see the need to come home and contribute to developing the country rather than pitying, sympathising, and "human compassioning" like me, I say kudos, may GOD continue to bless you.

Haiti have problems, yet their nationals abroad rally round to support their people back home. What do our own people do, they rationalise, they accuse, they blame, they curse, they run. And people like that, like playmode will and can only do rationalising, accusing, blaming, cursing, running.

In the last election dut to campaign to get Nigeria on the right track, many in the diaspora took the risk and spent hard earned money to come home to Nigeria, got registered and voted. Today, our election despite the problems and issues, pre and post, is adjudged even by the critical US government as free and fair. Obama even took out time to congratulate Nigerians.

What we want in Nigeria is support to get things right not condemnation. To balance good reportage, let Aljazeera do a documentary accross Nigeria, on efforts being made to move Nigeria up, let them record the landmark achievements of the past years. Then, only then will they be fair to the country and the people of the country.

To loosers like playmode, take time to visit home and do something to support your community, we dont need your pity or so "publicised" human compassion. Failure to do that you loose right to discuss Nigeria from ypur base in SA, if indeed you are in SA.
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by GNBohr: 4:38pm On May 27, 2011
To kobo and playmode, and others like them, if you are ready to take me on on this, I am game and I am on ground.
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by playmode(m): 5:24pm On May 27, 2011
GNBohr:

To kobo and playmode, and others like them, if you are ready to take me on on this, I am game and I am on ground.

You are a very funny individual you know.Why should anyone of us take you on? We don't speak "mugu" .Like you said it is a forum and anyone can claim to be anything,so why he dey pepper you now.  grin  Abi you get bad belle for naijas wey dey obodo oyibo  grin grin

As per your Negro logic those people in the video and those Nigerians in diaspora are lazy and deserve to suffer.So your relatives abroad dey sweep street,wash corpses and dump refuse ?? LWKMD !

Feel free to call people looser on NL since you know each one of us personally and how much we are worth.Did your read the part where i mentioned self deceit? I guess not,anyways thank you Mr Know it all.We have read your comment and we choose not to engage ,don't ask why because even if we told you,you still won't comprehend.IQ is not sold in the supermarket ,it is inborn.

"Clean toilet for oyinbo man" : LWKMD  grin grin grin grin grin  Mumus too plenty for NL 

Comfort na comfort which one be "slavish comfort" again Oh boy u funny pass MR Ibru  grin grin grin grin grin

"publicised compassion" LOL ,am i campaigning for an election  undecided

From what you have said so far ,i can easily tell that you don't own a passport talk less of stepping foot in Muritala Mohammed Intl. to board a plane overseas.Keep day dreaming and deceiving yourself,i hear Yaba left is not far from your abode so there is hope.  grin
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by Kobojunkie: 5:44pm On May 27, 2011
GNBohr:

Following your argument, are we to assume that the over 75% poor people in Lagos, and in Nigeria as a whole, are all poor people?

Those of us in the diaspora are disconnected from the situation down in Nigeria ,according to your claim, and this is what you want to feed us instead? Dude, Like @Playmode before me, I will pass and wait for those who are more open to the reality of Nigeria instead.
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by johnie: 6:06pm On May 27, 2011
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by johnie: 6:25pm On May 27, 2011
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by Kobojunkie: 6:27pm On May 27, 2011
Kobojunkie:

See me see wahala . . . wetin concern india or america with Nigeria? The documentary was on makoko in Nigeria . . why the constant distractions? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by johnie: 6:37pm On May 27, 2011
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by johnie: 6:39pm On May 27, 2011
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by johnie: 6:49pm On May 27, 2011
Re: Aljazeera Airs A Heartbreaking Program About Lagos(25 May 2011 -Video) by Ivynwa(f): 7:46pm On May 27, 2011
I was very touched by this video, these are no new things to us Nigerians for sure but when complied up like this, it brings it home to you how much people are suffering in our country. Dear Lord! It just dawned on me that those people living inside that water have no solid ground to match upon and play and live, how can a person live like that? You come out of your home straight into a boat, sad sad embarassed cry.
How do those school children live above water like that, and the population therein is even much, those people should not have all that many children, 3 kids at most in that circumstance should do. It's not fair bringing in lots of children to this world and have them suffer------that is just too much abeg.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

We Have Never Insulted Jonathan- APC / Minimum Wage: NLC Declares Strike In Imo, Rivers, Osun, 15 Other States / El-Rufai: Tunde Bakare Introduced Me To Buhari, CPC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.