Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,674 members, 7,816,765 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:43 PM

Verstappen Handed Three-place Grid Drop For Causing Crash With Hamilton - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Verstappen Handed Three-place Grid Drop For Causing Crash With Hamilton (12967 Views)

Gianna Bryant & 3 Others Killed In Helicopter Crash With Kobe / Neymar Handed Three Match Ban For Punching Fan / Mikel Obi Escapes Plane Crash With Middlesbrough Teammates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Verstappen Handed Three-place Grid Drop For Causing Crash With Hamilton by Dayotheeone(m): 7:51am On Sep 13, 2021
lexy2014:

didnt u read in d story both men giving their account of d incident?
HAM on his Instagram said after the adrenaline, he started feeling pains in his neck, so yea he was hurt
Re: Verstappen Handed Three-place Grid Drop For Causing Crash With Hamilton by OBALOLA55(m): 8:10am On Sep 13, 2021
Microwhy:

What you guys are nurturing playfully is dangerous..
Even the US realised it was a too much and very expensive propaganda which they now want to correct.
Stop brewing what is very delicate..
ARE YOU OK angry

SO A MULTI-CULTURAL COUNTRY LIKE NIGERIA IS NOW AFGHANISTAN angry
Re: Verstappen Handed Three-place Grid Drop For Causing Crash With Hamilton by Smif(m): 8:10am On Sep 13, 2021
Prenonjebose:
There was no way Max could have squeezed through at the turn. Initially, I felt Hamilton could have given him a little space, but then that would have put Max straight ahead, and a little difficult to catch up with it. Max, on the other hand knew what would be outcome of the squeezing. He just was not ready to break and leave the inner circle to avoid the crash.
One of Hamilton's crew member likened it to a professional foul as obtained in soccer.
Dat means Lewis also knew all d complications of his actions, bt cos he is selfish, he no gree gv small space
If u watched d race, u will see he clearly had d time n space to gv Max some space bt he refused
To me, Max is wrong bt so also is Lewis
D way de r painting Max black is not fair for d competition

2 Likes

Re: Verstappen Handed Three-place Grid Drop For Causing Crash With Hamilton by Kirkman: 8:14am On Sep 13, 2021
Rich4god:
I still don't knw how these formula one team makes money.

With the cost of tires, getting new car in almost every race,cost of fueling and parts and paying the drivers and team members. How do they make all these money to foot the bills and remain profitable.
You didn't add cost of logistics transporting all the race gear and equipment from one country circuit to another.
Re: Verstappen Handed Three-place Grid Drop For Causing Crash With Hamilton by Smif(m): 8:14am On Sep 13, 2021
wasspord:
FIAMG & Toto want their man boy toy to win at any & everyone else’s expense.
First time in a while Hamilton gets real competition and we see how he crumbles and complains under the slightest application of pressure.
Despite doing far worse to Max at Silverstone, sending him crashing hundreds of km/h and costing the poor boy at worst a 15 to 18, possibly a 25 point lead in the WDC
he’s allowed to get away with just a light tap on the wrist.
What should have been regarded as a racing incident is been blown of of proportions.
A supposed 7-time World Drivers Champion with all the experience is having his sh1t pushed in so far that he’s choked his lead on multiple occasions this season. Even when Pole positions are handed to him he still manages to mess it up requiring and sacrificing Bottas each time to cover up his a$$ when he gets exposed.

I’m sincerely impressed with and happy for Bottas who actually fought his way into Pole position during the Qualifiers and then had to go down to 19th in the race due to circumstances beyond his control but still fought his way back up to the podium @ 3rd.
Also an impressive 1-2 win the McLaren team too.
Pérez tried sha but could’ve pushed a bit harder, perhaps for the fastest lap, considering the odds against him.
Hopefully winning Sochi should provide some succour for Max.
D propaganda for Lewis is jus too much
I hate dat Bottas has to always make ways for him to win
I hate anything dat is monopolized on purpose

1 Like

Re: Verstappen Handed Three-place Grid Drop For Causing Crash With Hamilton by muller101(m): 8:17am On Sep 13, 2021
Rich4god:

With the cost of tires, getting new car in almost every race,cost of fueling and parts and paying the drivers and team members. How do they make all these money to foot the bills and remain profitable.
Each constructor can only register 3cars in a season. And limited number of upgrade is considered.

1 Like

Re: Verstappen Handed Three-place Grid Drop For Causing Crash With Hamilton by ritux: 8:25am On Sep 13, 2021
ruggedtimi:
I meant the penalty was just seconds....1or 10. Still sec didn't meantion 1 sec.

5 secs is a huge penalty in F1 much more 10 secs. See how 5 secs penalty move Perez from 3rd to 5th.
Re: Verstappen Handed Three-place Grid Drop For Causing Crash With Hamilton by ritux: 8:30am On Sep 13, 2021
Smif:

D propaganda for Lewis is jus too much
I hate dat Bottas has to always make ways for him to win
I hate anything dat is monopolized on purpose

Lol….Bottas making ways for Lewis to win? How?

If you understand the sport, you will know that priority is always given to the leading driver especially when the second driver has nothing to lose.

1 Like

Re: Verstappen Handed Three-place Grid Drop For Causing Crash With Hamilton by Dayotheeone(m): 8:50am On Sep 13, 2021
Smif:

Dat means Lewis also knew all d complications of his actions, bt cos he is selfish, he no gree gv small space
If u watched d race, u will see he clearly had d time n space to gv Max some space bt he refused
To me, Max is wrong bt so also is Lewis
D way de r painting Max black is not fair for d competition
Lewis was in the lead and had every right to close the door, Max should have backed out but yea since the start of the season, he has been agressive, Lewis has been the one backing down until silver stone

1 Like

Re: Verstappen Handed Three-place Grid Drop For Causing Crash With Hamilton by Dayotheeone(m): 8:55am On Sep 13, 2021
Kirkman:

You didn't add cost of logistics transporting all the race gear and equipment from one country circuit to another.
Majority of their money comes from sponsorship. It doesn't cost much for Mercedes, Honda or Williams to make 4-6 engines or extra cars in a year, they get the tires free from pirelle (or whatever their name is). Petronas, Redbull, Ferrari, the stroll family, etc, rake in billions from their respective enterprises, so there's nothing in putting a few millions into R&grin.
They even spend so much that we are getting a spending cap next year.... left alone, these guys will spend billions on just two cars

1 Like

Re: Verstappen Handed Three-place Grid Drop For Causing Crash With Hamilton by dfrost: 8:58am On Sep 13, 2021
Rich4god:

Sponsorship, tickets. Average ticket costs $600
Re: Verstappen Handed Three-place Grid Drop For Causing Crash With Hamilton by wink2015(m): 9:01am On Sep 13, 2021
Fumular one driver also attacking each other codedly.

The same way footballer injure opponent footballer on the football pitch.

Human being trying naughty tricks to gain advantage.

But it is not all the time you get away with such mannerism like in the case of Max Verstappen.

Max Verstappen is a BELGIUM DUTCH.

We also have BELGIUM FRENCH in that country.

1 Like

Re: Verstappen Handed Three-place Grid Drop For Causing Crash With Hamilton by Kirkman: 9:03am On Sep 13, 2021
Dayotheeone:

Majority of their money comes from sponsorship. It doesn't cost much for Mercedes, Honda or Williams to make 4-6 engines or extra cars in a year, they get the tires free from pirelle (or whatever their name is). Petronas, Redbull, Ferrari, the stroll family, etc, rake in billions from their respective enterprises, so there's nothing in putting a few millions into R&grin.
They even spend so much that we are getting a spending cap next year.... left alone, these guys will spend billions on just two cars
And to add to that Redbull plan to start their own stand alone engine production factory solely for their F1 cars alone that is going to cost them billions of $$$ but they have the change to spend so why not. grin
Re: Verstappen Handed Three-place Grid Drop For Causing Crash With Hamilton by Kirkman: 9:08am On Sep 13, 2021
Dayotheeone:

This Is the first time that I am hearing that they get their tires free from Pirelli. Cos the amount of effort that goes into making an F1 tire alone is something else. I watched a documentary about it and I was wowed. Whatever happened to Michellin. I thought they used to be the sole tire manufacturer used in F1, what changed?
Re: Verstappen Handed Three-place Grid Drop For Causing Crash With Hamilton by Dayotheeone(m): 9:50am On Sep 13, 2021
Kirkman:

This Is the first time that I am hearing that they get their tires free from Pirelli. Cos the amount of effort that goes into making an F1 tire alone is something else. I watched a documentary about it and I was wowed. Whatever happened to Michellin. I thought they used to be the sole tire manufacturer used in F1, what changed?
I hear Michelin are planning a come back, they left cus they were not getting enough PR and ads from it, but now that the sport has gotten more popular, I guess they want a share of the cake.
And I think these tire contracts are just for adverts for these tire companies

1 Like

Re: Verstappen Handed Three-place Grid Drop For Causing Crash With Hamilton by Dayotheeone(m): 9:51am On Sep 13, 2021
Kirkman:

And to add to that Redbull plan to start their own stand alone engine production factory solely for their F1 cars alone that is going to cost them billions of $$$ but they have the change to spend so why not. grin
Abi o, with the new car coming next season, let's see if their risk will pay off

1 Like

Re: Verstappen Handed Three-place Grid Drop For Causing Crash With Hamilton by lexy2014: 10:38am On Sep 13, 2021
Dayotheeone:

HAM on his Instagram said after the adrenaline, he started feeling pains in his neck, so yea he was hurt

What's this in response to?
Re: Verstappen Handed Three-place Grid Drop For Causing Crash With Hamilton by Dayotheeone(m): 11:48am On Sep 13, 2021
lexy2014:

Nothing, he was giving update after the race on IG
Re: Verstappen Handed Three-place Grid Drop For Causing Crash With Hamilton by Microwhy: 6:19pm On Sep 13, 2021
OBALOLA55:
ARE YOU OK angry

SO A MULTI-CULTURAL COUNTRY LIKE NIGERIA IS NOW AFGHANISTAN angry
You lack Comprehension ..
Re: Verstappen Handed Three-place Grid Drop For Causing Crash With Hamilton by Gamesmart: 8:28pm On Sep 13, 2021
lexy2014:

The real question is: Tell me what are the achievements of home-based players in CAN, WAFU, ACL etc. that shows they are worthy as the main base for selection to represent Nigeria instead of the foreign-based players.

grin grin grin
Re: Verstappen Handed Three-place Grid Drop For Causing Crash With Hamilton by lexy2014: 8:29pm On Sep 13, 2021
Gamesmart:

The real question is: Tell me what are the achievements of home-based players in CAN, WAFU, ACL etc. that shows they are worthy as the main base for selection to represent Nigeria instead of the foreign-based players.

grin grin grin

grin grin grin
Re: Verstappen Handed Three-place Grid Drop For Causing Crash With Hamilton by wasspord: 3:05pm On Dec 11, 2021
Dayotheeone:

Abi o, with the new car coming next season, let's see if their risk will pay off

Fingers crossed. Next year’s car’s aerodynamics might not really favour RB as historically Adrian Newey’s designs traditionally tend towards more down force, making them faster on the corners, peaking with V8s during their glory days with Vettel. Meanwhile next years design is doing away with less of downforce to reduce the effect of dirty air.
Watching Q3 right now �.
As for tomorrow, my heart is with Max but my money on Mercedes/Lewis.

...Max got pole, btw.
Re: Verstappen Handed Three-place Grid Drop For Causing Crash With Hamilton by Kingcalls: 3:23pm On Dec 11, 2021
wasspord:

Fingers crossed. Next year’s car’s aerodynamics might not really favour RB as historical Adrian Newey’s designs traditionally tend towards more down force, making them faster on the corners, peaking with V8s during their glory days with Vettel. Meanwhile next years design is doing away with less of downforce to reduce the effect of dirty air.
Watching Q3 right now �.

...Max got pole, btw.

Fantastic....max for the championship tomorrow
Re: Verstappen Handed Three-place Grid Drop For Causing Crash With Hamilton by wasspord: 3:30pm On Dec 11, 2021
Microwhy:

I am sure you copied this analysis and breakdown from ESPN or Supersport website because I dont believe any Nigerian can be following F1 like this..
Just kidding bro..
You're actually one in a thousand for following F1 with such energy.

lol, I took a bit of a sabbatical from Football for F1, dived all into it. Been a fun experience overall learning about the ins and outs of the ‘sport’, catching up on classic wheel to wheel battles, races and seasons, And more importantly what goes in the pit walls and outside of the track as they tend to as be equally as important.
Glad I witnessed this wonderful season as it’ll definitely go down in history as the best of its era and decade (not in the real sense of the word but 2020 wasn’t really much a proper f1 season anyway), runner ups would be 2012, 2016 too and perhaps 2013 (just by how Vettel completely dominated the whole season - which is a shame because LH had 7+ years to reach that but never did. However LH greatest skill is his cool consistency which Vettel never really had.)

1 Like

Re: Verstappen Handed Three-place Grid Drop For Causing Crash With Hamilton by wasspord: 4:03pm On Dec 11, 2021
Kingcalls:

I pray o. But I laff who no comot cap that Mercedes engine, them finish work for there.
Remember say na the same one from Brazil wey dey fly like nuclear fueled ICBM.

Earlier this season Mercedes were lulled into putting most of their car/engine development on hold to focus on 2022 regulation changes while RB took ‘best’ advantage of the aero regulations for this year coupled with Honda finally delivering a more nifty and reliable engine at their final year in F1.

In restropect the Championship was decided at Silverstone, those 25 points (or at least 18 points lost on that race along with the 32 points he had in the bag - 50 points at least) followed by Bottas going 9/11 on the the twin RedBulls at next race in Hungary really hurt Redbull.
a bit earlier you have the tyre blowout at Baku while he was in the lead and we would have had our new World Drivers Champion at the last race in Jeddah (conservatively) or even earlier.

Long story short: LH is Blessed, full stop.
Re: Verstappen Handed Three-place Grid Drop For Causing Crash With Hamilton by wasspord: 4:20pm On Dec 11, 2021
Irunmole:

You're waxing lyrical for Max for his obviously very dangerous manoeuvre, driving into Hamilton's space and path and not yielding. Thank God Lewis came out unscathed through providence and improvements to F1 cars especially with incorporation of the protective 'Halo'. It could have been worse but it wasn't.

Max has been rightly judged by the stewards to be in the wrong with three grid penalty points given to him for the Russian grand prix. Yes he's ambitious and wants to win the championship, he just has to temper his irrational and somettimes reckless i-don't-care typical driving style with common sense and better sense of judgement else someone might get killed or seriously injured if he's not out in check by Christian Horner of Red Bull who bleats and complains about anything that involves Lewis, however legal and legitimate, driving wise.
He, Max, has to show some respect and maturity which he clearly lacks for Lewis. To be a seven times champion is no joke. Walking away from the scene of a crash without checking on the safety of your fellow driver actually reduced his worth as a would be champion in my estimate. It's not the done thing. He has to grow up and grow up fast in his current position as the young pretender to Lewis Hamilton's crown. But before then, he has to drive with his brain fully engaged at all times.

This is what happens when you get all your information from British biased, British based channels/journalists.
Let me login in proper so I can address your matter properly.
Re: Verstappen Handed Three-place Grid Drop For Causing Crash With Hamilton by wasspord: 3:40pm On Dec 12, 2021
Kingcalls:

My brother I want to serve the God you are serving...
Max Verstappen is the New World Champion!
Re: Verstappen Handed Three-place Grid Drop For Causing Crash With Hamilton by Dayotheeone(m): 12:40pm On Dec 13, 2021
wasspord:

Fingers crossed. Next year’s car’s aerodynamics might not really favour RB as historically Adrian Newey’s designs traditionally tend towards more down force, making them faster on the corners, peaking with V8s during their glory days with Vettel. Meanwhile next years design is doing away with less of downforce to reduce the effect of dirty air.
Watching Q3 right now �.

...Max got pole, btw.
Absolutely gutted. Max won by luck

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Cape Verde Vs Mauritania: AFCON 2023 Round Of 16 (1 - 0) On 29th January 2024 / Making NPFL A World Class League; A Masterplan (1) / Rio Paralympics: Oyema Wins Power-lifting Silver Medal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.