Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,837 members, 7,810,219 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:28 AM

Mark Of The Beast In Revelation Represent A Religion That Exist 2000 Years Ago - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Mark Of The Beast In Revelation Represent A Religion That Exist 2000 Years Ago (1393 Views)

Who Is The False Prophet Talked About In Revelation 20:10? / God Doesn't Exist Because Anything That Exist Must Have A Creator / What Do The 7 Churches In Revelation Represent? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mark Of The Beast In Revelation Represent A Religion That Exist 2000 Years Ago by paxonel(m): 2:44am On Sep 13, 2021
Whatever that religion was, the bible did not specifically mention.
It is obvious that whatever that religion was, it was a dominant religion of that time that persecuted Christians who were very few in number, hence the book of revelation which was also written 2000 years ago by John the beloved figuratively described the religion as a beast having a number 666.
Hence any Christian who by any means of persecution at that time, denounce Christianity has accepted the mark 666 and by so doing has lost his salvation if one should understand the point of these whole thing.

One could reason that the religion could possibly be Judaism afterall, the leaders of Judaism(the Pharisees) endorsed that Jesus Christ should be crucified. They also persecute Christians after the resurrection of Christ and spear headed the killing of many disciples including Peter, Paul and Banabas therefore they were the ANTICHRISTS, no other Antichrist.
Yes, we know that anyone fighting against Christianity today is also Antichrist, but how many of them still kill Christians till this moment?
so, Christianity will always flourish than any other religion according to Jesus prophecy. Matthew 13:31-32

Are today Christians expecting mark of the beast or 666 in the future simply because they saw all these in the bible?

See, you can't read the bible and start throwing yourself into unnecessary fear or fright of the unknown future what kinda mumu life are you living like that?
whatever we read today were things of the past documented in the bible.
Whatever happens in the future will depend on what we do today.

Think and understand

1 Like

Re: Mark Of The Beast In Revelation Represent A Religion That Exist 2000 Years Ago by paxonel(m): 9:33am On Sep 13, 2021
Yes
Re: Mark Of The Beast In Revelation Represent A Religion That Exist 2000 Years Ago by peggywebbs(f): 5:20pm On Sep 13, 2021
Yet again another philosophy.

According to you John's prophecy was all about what will happen during their time and according to you it was Judaism that was supposedly the religion that persecuted Christians.

Please go and do a very realistic research on religion. In fact, you don't need to go far. There are many documentaries and archeological research works, that will give you a deeper understanding of what happened in the past. What Judiasm is about and their role in history. Until then this your presumption is � % wrong and very misleading. Thank you.

paxonel:
It is obvious that whatever that religion was, it was a dominant religion of that time that persecuted Christians who were very few in number, hence the book of revelation which was also written 2000 years ago by John the beloved figuratively described the religion as a beast having a number 666.
Hence any Christian who by any means of persecution at that time, denounce Christianity has accepted the mark 666 and by so doing has lost his salvation if one should understand the point of these whole thing.

One could reason that the religion could possibly be Judaism afterall, the leaders of Judaism(the Pharisees) endorsed that Jesus Christ should be crucified. They also persecute Christians after the resurrection of Christ and spear headed the killing of many disciples including Peter, Paul and Banabas therefore they were the ANTICHRISTS, no other Antichrist.
Yes, we know that anyone fighting against Christianity today is also Antichrist, but how many of them still kill Christians till this moment?
so, Christianity will always flourish than any other religion according to Jesus prophecy. Matthew 13:31-32

Are today Christians expecting mark of the beast or 666 in the future simply because they saw all these in the bible?

See, you can't read the bible and start throwing yourself into unnecessary fear or fright of the unknown future what kinda mumu life are you living like that?

Think and understand

1 Like

Re: Mark Of The Beast In Revelation Represent A Religion That Exist 2000 Years Ago by obonujoker(m): 7:35pm On Sep 13, 2021
Lol.... grin
Re: Mark Of The Beast In Revelation Represent A Religion That Exist 2000 Years Ago by paxonel(m): 9:25pm On Sep 13, 2021
peggywebbs:
Yet again another philosophy.
no one alive that does not have his personal philosophy so there is nothing wrong having philosophy

According to you John's prophecy was all about what will happen during their time
may be you will find it hard to agree with this scripture
Revelation 4:1 ..and I will shew thee things which must be HEREAFTER.

Take note of the word HEREAFTER, what does it mean to you?
To me, it means something that will happen now now.
That means it happened 2000 years ago with John who lived 2000 years ago seeing it happening now now.

and according to you it was Judaism that was supposedly the religion that persecuted Christians.

Please go and do a very realistic research on religion. In fact, you don't need to go far. There are many documentaries and archeological research works, that will give you a deeper understanding of what happened in the past. What Judiasm is about and their role in history. Until then this your presumption is � % wrong and very misleading. Thank you.
do you notice i quoted accounts from the bible, what do you say to that?

1 Like

Re: Mark Of The Beast In Revelation Represent A Religion That Exist 2000 Years Ago by paxonel(m): 7:19am On Sep 14, 2021
Yes
Re: Mark Of The Beast In Revelation Represent A Religion That Exist 2000 Years Ago by peggywebbs(f): 10:04am On Sep 14, 2021
Sorry if I lashed out.... I did probably because I read somewhere that Emperor Nero was the supposed anti-christ.

I may not be able to direct you to specific bible references but they will be easy to locate. First of all remember that time to God is infinite, so it is presumed that we cannot know the exact occurrence but there are clues.

The book of revelation is divided into three prophecies, the past, the present and the future.

John saw a vision of what had already transpired when the devil tried to prevent the birth of the Messiah. If you remember the part of the dragon chasing the woman with child. The child was Jesus. Also in the breaking of the seal, The slain lamb of God, the sacrifice Jesus made and that he completed his assignment on earth, hence the rejoicing in heaven that the seal could be broken by him alone. This meant he succeeded in bringing the light and truth to men on earth. That was also symbolic. The success of Jesus Christ mission on earth ushered the new era.

The time leading to judgement.... remember, this also coincides with the vision of Daniel and Ezekiel. There are similarities on what they saw. Now for the persecution of the Christians, John saw the fate of the followers of Christ to be killed. If you read the prophecy in Esdras, you all see a connection.

John also saw the happenings in their time with the persecution of Christians. He saw the killed martyrs asking for vengeance. But remember the reply he was given, that more were going to be killed and until the last martyr, judgement will not come. John saw the saints numbering thousands of thousands remember, wearing white and given a name on their foreheads only known by God. This had already happened is still happening, they are the saints that have died and go to heaven.

Also, remember the seals were being opened gradually with specific judgements. The time between each seal was not mentioned, but they will all be opened before the last seal. We have seen most of them from famine, draught, wars, natural disasters, pestilence and pandemics, global warming, pollution of sea life and many others.

The final seal, is the complete end. However, the book of revelation also mentions in chapter 13, the reign of the devil. It speaks of a 7 headed beast that comes out from the sea bearing blasphemous names. I usually refer to them as the 7 deadly sins but they are really not. It was said the beast got its power from the ancient dragon or serpent, devil. What I see are the rulers of 7 powerful nations possessed by this beast ( please watch Britannia TV series for a better understanding of how this possession works, that series is on point)

The 7 heads represent sodomy, killings, lust, deception, etc you can name all forbidden things, that will turn the hearts of man from God. They will bring destruction on the earth, causing unrest and crisis, wars, diseases and so many things. People will need help and will be afraid, they will look for salvation. This talks of our time or a time in John's future. Remember as at the time of John, the Emperor was the highest authority on earth, many nations were yet to be discovered.

(P.S. from this point, this is my own speculation combined with very critical thinking and probabilities. This part is yet to unfold)

We have world powers now, and they are more than three if you know you know. The dragon by the shore will transform itself in a man, or will have his spirit in a man ( that I am not sure of but I know the devil does not share is glory, he is known after all as the proud one). He will be the antichrist, promising a false sense of peace but many people will resist him. I still say today, that the signs he will show will not be spiritual but with innovations, Technology, many people don't care about blind people seeing or lame people walking. They want to see technology at its fullest. He will obviously fake his death or will supposed be killed. But I believe he will be brought back in some form of artificial intelligence, where people will think his conciousness will be plugged in like he is still alive. This way, he will have access to computer systems, control finances, and most importantly make policies that affect those who resist him. It is the resurrected beast or antichrist that supposedly gives the mark of the beast (P.S emperor Nero is dead and gone, he never resurrected or escaped death and he did not control the world, Africa was still very undiscovered as well as America was non-existent).

I believe the rapture comes after the tribulation though. Sorry I didn't plan to go this long, but I wanted you to see that the past, present and future are connected. Jesus says somewhere in Matthew 24 not sure of the numbers, but he says the signs of the end and he also makes it clear that the children of God will see the signs and know. When breaking down the book of revelation, it is also good you connect the dots with the old testament prophecies of Daniel and Ezekiel, the past and the present are connected.

Also Not forgetting, Christianity is just a branch of Judaism, remember Jesus also practiced the same religion and studied it. Christianity only refers to followers of Christ, the new covenant. The Israelites have always and will always be bound by the old covenant and new too. But Christ brought salvation to the gentiles and the whole world.

The persecution of Christians by Jews was not strange. People found it difficult to accept change and for that they kill and destroy. Remember the workings of the devil were at play, so all of it was going to happen, judiasm itself was not the problem, it was the heart of man that was. Many of them were not following God as Jesus said to their Pharisees time and time again. Remember when he said, they knew they would not enter salvation and were blocking the way for others to come in. The persecution of Christians still happen today and not even by people who practice judiasm.

paxonel:
no one alive that does not have his personal philosophy so there is nothing wrong having philosophy
may be you will find it hard to agree with this scripture
Revelation 4:1 ..and I will shew thee things which must be HEREAFTER.

Take note of the word HEREAFTER, what does it mean to you?
To me, it means something that will happen now now.
That means it happened 2000 years ago with John who lived 2000 years ago seeing it happening now now.
do you notice i quoted accounts from the bible, what do you say to that?
Re: Mark Of The Beast In Revelation Represent A Religion That Exist 2000 Years Ago by paxonel(m): 3:26pm On Sep 14, 2021
peggywebbs:
Sorry if I lashed out.... I did probably because I read somewhere that Emperor Nero was the supposed anti-christ.
it's another conspiracy theory, there is nothing like THE ANTICHRIST.
Antichrist isn't like one person like thaaat!!
Anybody can be Antichrist
Anyone who persecute Christians is Antichrist and it takes someone who denied Christ or do not believe in Christ to persecute Christians

1 John 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

You will agree with me that the leaders of Judaism(the Pharisees) denied Christ or refused to believe in Christ right from the days of John the Baptist even till the days of the first Apostles in the book of acts.
Certainly, Judaism could possibly be the religion referred to as the beast having a mark 666 and there was nothing mysterious about them only that they persecute Christians

I may not be able to direct you to specific bible references but they will be easy to locate. First of all remember that time to God is infinite, so it is presumed that we cannot know the exact occurrence but there are clues.
The book of revelation is divided into three prophecies, the past, the present and the future.
I can assure you that there is nothing in the book of revelation indicating an event that will happen in the future.
All events mentioned in the book were things that happened that era John was recording the event. And many of John's statements in that book were used symbolically to represent real life events of that time.
For instance, when John said

Revelation 17:5 And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

The literal interpretation Babylon the great could represent a dominant religion practiced in ancient Babylon.

Remember, Jesus Christ established Christianity at that time and many of these religions came to contend with Christianity so many Christians were persecuted and killed at that time.

John saw a vision of what had already transpired when the devil tried to prevent the birth of the Messiah. If you remember the part of the dragon chasing the woman with child. The child was Jesus.
well, if you want make reference to what happened to baby Jesus that led to him carried away to Egypt for safety after his birth, you may be right.
Afterall, it was still attack to Christianity since Jesus was the one that eventually founded Christianity and the attacker could be Antichrist for trying to kill infant Jesus
But that wasn't what mark of the beast or the Dragon was referred.

The Dragon chasing the woman referred to another religion chasing Christians to kill them.

The woman that gave birth represent Christianity(if you say Jesus Christ because he founded Christianity it's ok)
Her baby that was to be killed represent Christians(adherents of Christ's religion)

Also in the breaking of the seal, The slain lamb of God, the sacrifice Jesus made and that he completed his assignment on earth, hence the rejoicing in heaven that the seal could be broken by him alone. This meant he succeeded in bringing the light and truth to men on earth. That was also symbolic. The success of Jesus Christ mission on earth ushered the new era.
this thing you have said is perfectly true!

The time leading to judgement.... remember, this also coincides with the vision of Daniel and Ezekiel. There are similarities on what they saw. Now for the persecution of the Christians, John saw the fate of the followers of Christ to be killed. If you read the prophecy in Esdras, you all see a connection.
very true!
You are seeing the direction how these things goes

John also saw the happenings in their time with the persecution of Christians. He saw the killed martyrs asking for vengeance. But remember the reply he was given, that more were going to be killed and until the last martyr, judgement will not come. John saw the saints numbering thousands of thousands remember, wearing white and given a name on their foreheads only known by God. This had already happened is still happening, they are the saints that have died and go to heaven.

Also, remember the seals were being opened gradually with specific judgements. The time between each seal was not mentioned,
but they will all be opened before the last seal.
true

We have seen most of them from famine, draught, wars, natural disasters, pestilence and pandemics, global warming, pollution of sea life and many others.
all these things we see isn't part of the seals.
Moreover, the courses of those seals were meant for those antichrists who persecute Christians in those days John recorded them.
It wasn't even for believers

The final seal, is the complete end. However, the book of revelation also mentions in chapter 13, the reign of the devil. It speaks of a 7 headed beast that comes out from the sea bearing blasphemous names.
this beasts actually represents religions of that time and nothing more

I usually refer to them as the 7 deadly sins but they are really not. It was said the beast got its power from the ancient dragon or serpent, devil.
As far as God's battle is concern, the devil refers to religions other than Christianity and nothing more .
Jesus says I'm the way the truth and the life.
That also implies Christianity is the way the truth and the life because Jesus established Christianity.
Every other religions isn't the way.
Remember, Jesus even said Abraham is a thief, he told the Jews.
Remember, Abraham was the founder of the Jewish religion(what is known as Judaism today)
Imagine Jesus calling Abraham a thief, that means Judaism founded by the old covenant through Abraham could be a devil as far as God is concern.

What I see are the rulers of 7 powerful nations possessed by this beast ( please watch Britannia TV series for a better understanding of how this possession works, that series is on point)
this has nothing to do with any nation it is the Lord's battle, not humans.
Jesus specifically says my kingdom is not of this world.
Human governments are there for good, not to fight against God.
However, we all know that most human kingdoms are tied to their separate religions, the target of salvation is separate the people from their local religions of their kingdoms and introduce Christ to them which is the only way.

The 7 heads represent sodomy, killings, lust, deception, etc you can name all forbidden things, that will turn the hearts of man from God. They will bring destruction on the earth, causing unrest and crisis, wars, diseases and so many things. People will need help and will be afraid, they will look for salvation. This talks of our time or a time in John's future. Remember as at the time of John, the Emperor was the highest authority on earth, many nations were yet to be discovered.
also remember that these Emperors were idol worshippers and there was no Christianity at that time, no salvation

(P.S. from this point, this is my own speculation combined with very critical thinking and probabilities. This part is yet to unfold)

We have world powers now, and they are more than three if you know you know. The dragon by the shore will transform itself in a man, or will have his spirit in a man ( that I am not sure of but I know the devil does not share is glory, he is known after all as the proud one). He will be the antichrist, promising a false sense of peace but many people will resist him. I still say today, that the signs he will show will not be spiritual but with innovations, Technology, many people don't care about blind people seeing or lame people walking. They want to see technology at its fullest. He will obviously fake his death or will supposed be killed. But I believe he will be brought back in some form of artificial intelligence, where people will think his conciousness will be plugged in like he is still alive. This way, he will have access to computer systems, control finances, and most importantly make policies that affect those who resist him. It is the resurrected beast or antichrist that supposedly gives the mark of the beast (P.S emperor Nero is dead and gone, he never resurrected or escaped death and he did not control the world, Africa was still very undiscovered as well as America was non-existent).
this is conspiracy theory man, it isn't true.

We all have our destinies in our hands there is no need to be afraid

I believe the rapture comes after the tribulation though. Sorry I didn't plan to go this long, but I wanted you to see that the past, present and future are connected. Jesus says somewhere in Matthew 24 not sure of the numbers, but he says the signs of the end and he also makes it clear that the children of God will see the signs and know.
it will marvel you to know that the end Jesus was talking about in Matthew 24 was the end of the old covenant and the beginning of the new covenant, not necessarily the end of the world.

When breaking down the book of revelation, it is also good you connect the dots with the old testament prophecies of Daniel and Ezekiel, the past and the present are connected.
Daniels prophecies were strictly about the time of the coming of Jesus were he will die and resurrect and nothing beyond that era which was 2000 years ago. That will be the beginning of Christianity(God's kingdom) on earth.
Everything in revelation is also focused in all that and shortly after Christ's resurrection which is the establishment of Christianity follows by the persecution of Christians.
All these persecution events in the book of acts were presented as mark of the beast, the Dragon and the seals.
After all that there is judgement, yet in that same era

Also Not forgetting, Christianity is just a branch of Judaism
no!
Jesus says every tree that the father did not plant he will cut down and burn off.

Judaism is another tree entirely.
Only Jesus is the way to God
Judaism can never be part of the way, God is a jealous God.

, remember Jesus also practiced the same religion and studied it.
that was when never died and resurrected.
But the moment he resurrected everything changed

Christianity only refers to followers of Christ, the new covenant. The Israelites have always and will always be bound by the old covenant and new too. But Christ brought salvation to the gentiles and the whole world.
do you know that even till today most Jews are still searching for that salvation just like their salvation was delayed for 40 days and 40 nights in the wilderness after they left Egypt?

Romans 10:1 Brethren, my heart's desire and prayer to God for Israel is, that they might be saved.

That was Paul wishing

The persecution of Christians by Jews was not strange. People found it difficult to accept change and for that they kill and destroy. Remember the workings of the devil were at play, so all of it was going to happen, judiasm itself was not the problem, it was the heart of man that was.
very very true

Many of them were not following God as Jesus said to their Pharisees time and time again. Remember when he said, they knew they would not enter salvation and were blocking the way for others to come in. The persecution of Christians still happen today and not even by people who practice judiasm.

you are perfectly correct
Re: Mark Of The Beast In Revelation Represent A Religion That Exist 2000 Years Ago by peggywebbs(f): 4:11pm On Sep 14, 2021
This is what I'll tell you and there is really no other way to explain it. Even if you dissect the scriptures trying to defend the fact that the end of the world phenomena doesn't exist, it would be pointless.

What I do is when I have a question about the world, how things work or whatever is beyond my human understanding I simply ask God. Unless you have a personal experience, you can't really grasp a lot from the bible.

Remember that we are talking about a living word, God's word coming to life. I don't know how you get your answers but I think you should try seeking them.

There is so much going on that we don't understand, we see things with our human eyes forgetting that a part of us is spirit and the other flesh. The world is not as you view it, and there are many things at play. The concept of the end of the world is not only known to Christians, if you find out what is at play, you would see that practically everyone even scientists will tell you that the end is nearing its end.

But again, I can't convince you, I'll only ask that you consult with the number teacher, the Holy Spirit to give you answers to this question.

paxonel:
it's another conspiracy theory, there is nothing like THE ANTICHRIST.
Antichrist isn't like one person like thaaat!!
Anybody can be Antichrist
Re: Mark Of The Beast In Revelation Represent A Religion That Exist 2000 Years Ago by smith946: 6:31pm On Sep 14, 2021
I once read a bible with commentary, it says the antichrist represents the roman religion at that time.. That the beast represents the emperors..
Re: Mark Of The Beast In Revelation Represent A Religion That Exist 2000 Years Ago by paxonel(m): 10:30pm On Sep 14, 2021
Yes
Re: Mark Of The Beast In Revelation Represent A Religion That Exist 2000 Years Ago by paxonel(m): 10:33pm On Sep 14, 2021
smith946:
I once read a bible with commentary, it says the antichrist represents the roman religion at that time.. That the beast represents the emperors..
that is another conspiracy theory
Re: Mark Of The Beast In Revelation Represent A Religion That Exist 2000 Years Ago by paxonel(m): 10:36pm On Sep 14, 2021
This isn't about trying to convince anyone, It's about portraying Christianity in the light of the truth to the world that there is absolute truth in the bible.
Conspiracy theories are not of the bible, they comes from grossly misinterpretations just like some Muslim sects will misinterprete parts of the Quran that appears to them that infidels should be killed everywhere, hence the origin of terrorism in the world today as a result of such filty doctrines that was widely accepted, thank God for education which has helped to reduce the menace among Islamic nations today.

You will also notice that when i come forth with this kind of message, no atheist or any reasonable unbeliever, and no true scientist on NL who understands basic reasoning has ever countered me, only Christians usually do. Yet many of them have not sat down to read the bible accurately.
All they do is to play religion.
For the atheists, scientists and every reasonable people on NL, deep within their heart they understand that what I have been saying is the truth, irrespective that my message does not correlate with the popular conventional doctrines of rapture and end of the world widely believed by most Christians and some unverified thoughts today.
And you know that the truth does not depend on the number of people that believes it, so i don't gain anything trying to convince anyone.
I will say it way it is like Jesus Christ will do and he was hated by the Jews.
if you like take it, if you don't like leave it.
If you take it or not it still does not change the fact that you have believed in Christ and you are a Christian which is most important. Only that you will be more knowledgeable when you go back and logically verify everthing i have said, then you become less religious, less promoting conspiracy theories and more factual like me and i will still gain nothing
peggywebbs:

This is what I'll tell you and there is really no other way to explain it. Even if you dissect the scriptures trying to defend the fact that the end of the world phenomena doesn't exist, it would be pointless.

What I do is when I have a question about the world, how things work or whatever is beyond my human understanding I simply ask God. Unless you have a personal experience, you can't really grasp a lot from the bible.

Remember that we are talking about a living word, God's word coming to life. I don't know how you get your answers but I think you should try seeking them.

There is so much going on that we don't understand, we see things with our human eyes forgetting that a part of us is spirit and the other flesh. The world is not as you view it, and there are many things at play. The concept of the end of the world is not only known to Christians, if you find out what is at play, you would see that practically everyone even scientists will tell you that the end is nearing its end.

But again, I can't convince you, I'll only ask that you consult with the number teacher, the Holy Spirit to give you answers to this question.

Re: Mark Of The Beast In Revelation Represent A Religion That Exist 2000 Years Ago by smith946: 11:44pm On Sep 14, 2021
paxonel:
that is another conspiracy theory
Okay
Re: Mark Of The Beast In Revelation Represent A Religion That Exist 2000 Years Ago by paxonel(m): 7:47am On Sep 15, 2021
good
Re: Mark Of The Beast In Revelation Represent A Religion That Exist 2000 Years Ago by paxonel(m): 11:18am On Sep 16, 2021
Yo
Re: Mark Of The Beast In Revelation Represent A Religion That Exist 2000 Years Ago by FlatEarthGuy20(m): 10:32pm On Sep 16, 2021
Hmmm. Religion is part of the beast system
paxonel:

Think and understand

Re: Mark Of The Beast In Revelation Represent A Religion That Exist 2000 Years Ago by FlatEarthGuy20(m): 10:42pm On Sep 16, 2021
The Ai (artificial intelligence) beast system is real... now dey changed some words in the bible. jesus is identity theft
peggywebbs:

John saw a vision of what had already transpired when the devil tried to prevent the birth of the Messiah. If you remember the part of the dragon chasing the woman with child. The child was Jesus. Also in the breaking of the seal, The slain lamb of God, the sacrifice Jesus made and that he completed his assignment on earth, hence the rejoicing in heaven that the seal could be broken by him alone. This meant he succeeded in bringing the light and truth to men on earth. That was also symbolic. The success of Jesus Christ mission on earth ushered the new era.

Also, remember the seals were being opened gradually with specific judgements. The time between each seal was not mentioned, but they will all be opened before the last seal. We have seen most of them from famine, draught, wars, natural disasters, pestilence and pandemics, global warming, pollution of sea life and many others.

The final seal, is the complete end. However, the book of revelation also mentions in chapter 13, the reign of the devil. It speaks of a 7 headed beast that comes out from the sea bearing blasphemous names. I usually refer to them as the 7 deadly sins but they are really not. It was said the beast got its power from the ancient dragon or serpent, devil. What I see are the rulers of 7 powerful nations possessed by this beast ( please watch Britannia TV series for a better understanding of how this possession works, that series is on point)

I believe the rapture comes after the tribulation though. Sorry I didn't plan to go this long, but I wanted you to see that the past, present and future are connected. Jesus says somewhere in Matthew 24 not sure of the numbers, but he says the signs of the end and he also makes it clear that the children of God will see the signs and know. When breaking down the book of revelation, it is also good you connect the dots with the old testament prophecies of Daniel and Ezekiel, the past and the present are connected.

Also Not forgetting, Christianity is just a branch of Judaism, remember Jesus also practiced the same religion and studied it. Christianity only refers to followers of Christ, the new covenant. The Israelites have always and will always be bound by the old covenant and new too. But Christ brought salvation to the gentiles and the whole world.

The persecution of Christians by Jews was not strange. People found it difficult to accept change and for that they kill and destroy. Remember the workings of the devil were at play, so all of it was going to happen, judiasm itself was not the problem, it was the heart of man that was. Many of them were not following God as Jesus said to their Pharisees time and time again. Remember when he said, they knew they would not enter salvation and were blocking the way for others to come in. The persecution of Christians still happen today and not even by people who practice judiasm.

Re: Mark Of The Beast In Revelation Represent A Religion That Exist 2000 Years Ago by paxonel(m): 10:31am On Sep 17, 2021
FlatEarthGuy20:
Hmmm. Religion is part of the beast system
actually, the ancient civilization of the Roman empire was a monument of religious rituals, tenets and doctrines originated from the Roman culture and traditions, this explains the activities of the current Roman catholic church today.

The word Jesus used today is a replacement of whatever name that was used for Jesus in the original text
Re: Mark Of The Beast In Revelation Represent A Religion That Exist 2000 Years Ago by Youngimisim(m): 1:32pm On Sep 21, 2021
Meet The World's Largest Tree
According To Guinness World's Record ���
https://exe.io/JMG6aQRm

(1) (Reply)

Do Muslims Pray Like Jesus Christ? / Saying Jesus Is A Prophet Is Not Blasphemy / Global Crusade With Kumuyi - Triumphant Power Comes To Ondo City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.