Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,167 members, 7,811,383 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:40 AM

Landlord Threatening Me: Help me Lagos State Governor &Well Meaning Nigerians - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Landlord Threatening Me: Help me Lagos State Governor &Well Meaning Nigerians (535 Views)

Landlord Threatening Me:pls Help Me Lagos State Governor &well Meaning Nigerians / Landlord Threatening Me:pls Help Me Lagos State Governor &well Meaning Nigerians / Help, My Landlady Is Threatening My Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Landlord Threatening Me: Help me Lagos State Governor &Well Meaning Nigerians by PlsHelp762(f): 7:55am On Sep 13, 2021
Pls help me all Nigerians, I'm tired of the wickedness of Lagos landlords. Pls help me because a so called professor Popoola of university of Ibadan who claims to be a professor in Ibadan is threatening my life with all his family members. I wonder whether this man is a real professor in the university or a fake professor. 

Pls help me the Lagos State governor His excellency Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu. Are Nigerian universities now having professors who don't know the law and who are hooligans or what??

I have nobody to help me. I'm just a poor widow with my little son. My husband is dead. And I'm just managing myself with my little kid boy in a one room apartment here in Lagos at Alagbado but the professor and his wife and other relatives have vowed to throw my things out on the streets by October this year. They want to eject me by themselves and they keep threatening me everyday despite my one year rent which I paid has not even expired. 

When I got the house, I paid the landlady, their mother for one year rent. Apart from the one year rent I paid and agency and agreement, she also collected N10,000 for NEPA money deposit, N15,000 for damages/caution fee, and then she collected N500 for security fee per month and asked me to pay for one year which I paid which is N6000. But after she died, the community people came and said she never remitted any money to them and they were right because she deceived us and collected huge money from all the tenants for security but refused to give the community people. 

We also discovered that the security money per month for the whole house is N1000 which is supposed to be N12,000 per year for the whole house but she collected over N50,000 from all the tenants but never remitted to the community. 

Now after she died, the children, the wife of the so called professor and the professor and his wife and their other brothers and sisters have been threatening my life seriously. They said that nothing concerns them with what transpired between me and their late mother. How can you say nothing concerns you about all the money I paid to you people, which they know about. 

So despite my rent has not yet expired and I'm a yearly tenant, they came and gave me 2 months quit notice in August 2021 which will coincide with the month of October 2021 when my rent will expire. Despite I'm a yearly tenant. Only 2 months quit notice, with threat to my life. 
Not only that, they came yesterday Sunday to cut off my light just to force me out of the house. They are threatening my life seriously and my life is in serious danger. Pls help me Nigerians. I'm begging you people. Pls help. 

Pls all Nigerians should help me. Lagos State governor pls help me. I'm just a poor widow with a little nine year old boy to take care of without any helper. My husband died since about 5 years ago. I'm just staying in the one room with my son. I don't want her to throw my things out on the streets because I know they are capable to do it. I also want them to reconnect my light for me because I see no reason why they should disconnect my light when they are not NEPA officials. Just out of malice. 

Pls help me all Nigerians. Pls I don't have money to pay for lawyer. I'm still looking for feeding money. If you want to help me, pls don't ask for money, I don't have. 

Thank you sirs/mas.
Re: Landlord Threatening Me: Help me Lagos State Governor &Well Meaning Nigerians by Tizu(m): 8:05am On Sep 13, 2021
I wish all you have stated here are the basic facts of the situation, I bet you, they will regret disconnecting your light. Get a lawyer as soon as possible.
Re: Landlord Threatening Me: Help me Lagos State Governor &Well Meaning Nigerians by PlsHelp762(f): 8:14am On Sep 13, 2021
Tizu:
I wish all you have stated here are the basic facts of the situation, I bet you, they will regret disconnecting your light. Get a lawyer as soon as possible.

Thanks. Everything i said here above are all the necessary facts. More details are available of their evil deeds to me but no space to write everything here because it will be too long.
Re: Landlord Threatening Me: Help me Lagos State Governor &Well Meaning Nigerians by WeNoGoDie(m): 8:23am On Sep 13, 2021
PlsHelp762:

Thanks. Everything i said here above are all the necessary facts. More details are available of their evil deeds to me but no space to write everything here because it will be too long.

Report to the police immediately. Also write a complaint to Govt house Alausa and write online to NEWS media houses through their Twitter, Facebook and official website.

Use multiple avenues especially the ones that will cost you little to nothing. Writing to media houses online and even writing to Senator representing your district online will cost little and may bring massive support to your situation "if you are lucky" .
Re: Landlord Threatening Me: Help me Lagos State Governor &Well Meaning Nigerians by Digiprof: 8:39am On Sep 13, 2021
cool
Re: Landlord Threatening Me: Help me Lagos State Governor &Well Meaning Nigerians by Orlaoluwayimika(m): 8:44am On Sep 13, 2021
Hi OP,

Are u the only occupant of the house given quit notice and whose power has been disconnected.

What is their reason for saying u shld leave the house
Re: Landlord Threatening Me: Help me Lagos State Governor &Well Meaning Nigerians by bukatyne(f): 10:26am On Sep 13, 2021
PlsHelp762:

What about the other tenants?
Re: Landlord Threatening Me: Help me Lagos State Governor &Well Meaning Nigerians by PlsHelp762(f): 2:40pm On Sep 13, 2021
bukatyne:
PlsHelp762:

What about the other tenants?

I don't know about other tenants if they were given quit notice.

But they always threaten tenants and quit people from the house by self help.
Re: Landlord Threatening Me: Help me Lagos State Governor &Well Meaning Nigerians by PlsHelp762(f): 2:44pm On Sep 13, 2021
Orlaoluwayimika:
Hi OP,

Are u the only occupant of the house given quit notice and whose power has been disconnected.

What is their reason for saying u shld leave the house

They want me to forget the money already paid to their late mother and pay a fresh one, which is not possible. They said the one i paid to their late mother does not concern them, even when the rent has not expired.

I don't know about other tenants if they were given quit notice.

But they always threaten tenants and quit people from the house by self help.

But am the only one whose light was disconnected.

(1) (Reply)

Plots Of Land Selling At Palm Island Estate Agric Ikorodu / Solar Is An Investment / 2 Bedroom Box Type House Design Idea | Modern House| Simple House Design | Less

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.