Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:56 AM

Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible (11930 Views)

Which Part Of Your Christian Life Do You Need To Improve This Year? / Dr. Fayemi Meets Leadership Of Deeper Christian Life Ministry / Why Is The Christian Life So Hard? - Olamide Obire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by appishani1(m): 10:08am On Sep 26, 2021
Ammishaddai:
Christianity is hard bros .
Agreed that is why Jesus call it a narrow road.
Thing about the price, we just need to have consistency and faith with the help of prayers continually, we will enter the kingdom of God with the help of Jesus. Let just keep moving bro.

1 Like

Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by Chibuezem(m): 10:09am On Sep 26, 2021
Ammishaddai:
This is very vague and doesn't have any definitive direction
Exactly Christian life gets harder as we grow in christ but the what simplifies it is possessing the mind of christ as to suffer with Him
First peter 4:1
Check the apostles of christ almost all died horrific deaths just for preaching the gospel
Persecution, trials, temptation are all incorporated in a Christian's journey back home

1 Like

Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by smallatobs(m): 10:13am On Sep 26, 2021
Op is not what I expect I read from your post
To live a Christianity life can only be easy if the person is genuinely born again, have Holy Spirit operating in him, we can succeed as a perfect Christian being a religious person, or by our effort in trying or by material things possessed because the Bible said he who is after silver(Money/material things) will never be satisfied with Silver, it's more easier for the poor to serve God than the rich so said Jesus Word, So in brief it is only the Presence of the Holy Spirit that can make it easy to live a perfect life
Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by sylve11: 10:14am On Sep 26, 2021
Truvelisback:
Using Nigeria as a case study, that's why i don't easily judge christians who fell into some certain sins.

I agree with you. But Christians should not stand in the pinnacle of judgement on others as well.

They form over holiness and castigate others. cool
Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by lomprico(m): 10:18am On Sep 26, 2021
Ammishaddai:
Christianity is hard bros .

it's not hard at all, it man that have made it hard for themselves.
Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by MrNipplesLover(m): 10:20am On Sep 26, 2021
Thank you, Jesus.

❤❤❤❤
Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by Sleekfingers: 10:24am On Sep 26, 2021
Truvelisback:
Living a perfect christian life is hard but it's possible. To some, the christian life is easy probably because of their wealth, nice cars, beautiful houses etc. Our human needs too makes christianity hard too. e.g our need 4 money, happy marriage, children, happy home, good job etc.

Hardship, poverty, childlessness, marital delay, broken home etc, make it difficult too for one to live a perfect christian life.

In summary, living a perfect christian life as a human (having a flesh and blood) is really hard but it's possible. It's neither easier 4 the rich but it's more harder 4 the poor. My own point of view.

There is no single Christian in nigeria....they are all hypocrites and .........make una fill the rest
Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by Myer(m): 10:32am On Sep 26, 2021
Truvelisback:
Living a perfect christian life is hard but it's possible. To some, the christian life is easy probably because of their wealth, nice cars, beautiful houses etc. Our human needs too makes christianity hard too. e.g our need 4 money, happy marriage, children, happy home, good job etc.

Hardship, poverty, childlessness, marital delay, broken home etc, make it difficult too for one to live a perfect christian life.

In summary, living a perfect christian life as a human (having a flesh and blood) is really hard but it's possible. It's neither easier 4 the rich but it's more harder 4 the poor. My own point of view.

Have you even read your bible?
You'll realise it's supposedly harder for the rich.

This is what Jesus Christ himself said;

it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God."

This was his reply to a rich Jew who wanted to follow him and inherit eternal life;
Now Jesus also concluded that it is impossible for man but with God it is possible.
Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by wirinet(m): 10:44am On Sep 26, 2021
Sleekfingers:

There is no single Christian in nigeria....they are all hypocrites and .........make una fill the rest
Gbam. Nigerian Christians are Christians of convenience. The become Christians or claim to be Christians because of personal selfish interests, i.e. they are after sudden wealth, health or social status.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by AngelicBeing: 10:44am On Sep 26, 2021
wink
Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by wirinet(m): 10:46am On Sep 26, 2021
What about what Jesus said in Matthew 11:28-30, are you saying he is lying?

Matthew 11:28-30
28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.
Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by Trustedpronet: 11:00am On Sep 26, 2021
Op you are very wrong. Infact the poor or the contented people practice rightousness than those that highly materialistic people which you refferred to as rich.The problems in wealthy homes cant be overlooked. SATAN is responsible for all the woes on earth and all nations are falling for its snares.
Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by Nobody: 11:29am On Sep 26, 2021
Its possible not to fall, very very possible. God said be ye holy, for I am holy. Peter also said its Possible that you will never fall.

2 Peter 1:10
[10]Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:
Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by Nobody: 11:37am On Sep 26, 2021
Ammishaddai:
Brother Christianity is not easy and we can only rely on God's mercy to make it to heaven . There are certain things we may consider right in our eyes but they may actually be sins in the eyes of the Almighty . Another thing is the mandate given to us by our Lord Jesus regarding evangelism , which many of us Christians shy away from . Just confront the average Christian or churchgoer to show up on a weekend for evangelism and see how many will show up. You'll see that only a handful will show up .

All these and many more make the Christian race difficult. No wonder why Jesus foretold "narrow is the way that leads to eternal life and few find it ".
I think every church should teach their members on how to preach the gospel and be able to win souls. I once tried preaching the gospel to a muslim friend of mine, I found out that I couldn't convert him cause I lacked knowledge on how to do so with scriptures, I had to go and look for books on evangelism to teach me how to evangelize. May the Lord help us.

2 Likes

Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by Nobody: 11:39am On Sep 26, 2021
Sleekfingers:

Says a person who is not commited to Christianity, y'all are so quick to judge and criticize.
Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by xproducer: 11:39am On Sep 26, 2021
Truvelisback:

-----

Indeed, not a bed of roses for any... "Yes, and all who desire to live godly in Christ Jesus will suffer persecution." - 2 Timothy 3:12 (Also John 16:33)

Yet, it is necessary to remember that "No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it." - 1 Corinthians 10:13... "For with God nothing will be impossible.” - Luke 1:37

How can one who professes and serves the Lord JESUS, the CHRIST compare one's own suffering (or that of any other) to that of the very One and Only Lord JESUS Who suffered (Isaiah 53, 1 Peter 3:18, Hebrews 9:26) to guarantee their justification and salvation?

Yes, at such difficult times it is necessary to humbly call upon and trust in the Lord JESUS - Who knows better than all what one is experiencing. "For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin." - Hebrews 4:15 (Also Philippians 4:6-7, Hebrews 4:16)

+++

The Discipline of God
"For consider Him who endured such hostility from sinners against Himself, lest you become weary and discouraged in your souls. You have not yet resisted to bloodshed, striving against sin. And you have forgotten the exhortation which speaks to you as to sons:

“My son, do not despise the chastening of the Lord,
Nor be discouraged when you are rebuked by Him;
For whom the Lord loves He chastens,
And scourges every son whom He receives.”

If you endure chastening, God deals with you as with sons; for what son is there whom a father does not chasten? But if you are without chastening, of which all have become partakers, then you are illegitimate and not sons. Furthermore, we have had human fathers who corrected us, and we paid them respect. Shall we not much more readily be in subjection to the Father of spirits and live?"

- Hebrews 12:3-9

"Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.” - Matthew 11:29-30
Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by Sleekfingers: 11:41am On Sep 26, 2021
Nuttella:
Says a person who is not commited to Christianity, y'all are so quick to judge and criticize.

Why would I be committed to a religion of slavery......abegi.......
Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by SmartPolician: 11:41am On Sep 26, 2021
Truvelisback

I think the biggest challenge of most of us Christians is loving one's enemies. How can one even think of that?

1 Like

Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by Nobody: 11:50am On Sep 26, 2021
Sleekfingers:

Why would I be committed to a religion of slavery......abegi.......
You are a slave to whatsoever you yeild to, so now you are yeilding to your fleshly human lusts and desires, living life the way you want, you are a slave to it. Try stopping those sins you do on a daily, you won't be able to, you are a slave to those sins and are in bondage cause the sins have overcome you.

Romans 6:16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

Luckily for we believers, we are not slaves to God in the context you are talking from, we are SONS OF GOD.
John 1:12
[12]But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
Romans 8:14
[14]For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

Galatians 4:6-7
[6]And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.
[7]Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.

I want you to believe in Jesus, he is the only way, any other way leads to destruction.
Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by temielects(m): 11:50am On Sep 26, 2021
We just need the holy spirit to bear us witness whenever we go wrong and cry for mercy often..its not going to be a tough job if we acknowledge this side of the world is filled with sinners and we are one of them but what makes the difference is how hard we are trying to make our ways perfect before the Lord..may God help us.
Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by Sleekfingers: 11:54am On Sep 26, 2021
Nuttella:
You are a slave to whatsoever you yeild to, so now you are yeilding to your fleshly human lusts and desires, living life the way you want, you are a slave to it. Try stopping those sins you do on a daily, you eon't be able to, you are a slave to those sins and are in bondage cause the sins have overcome you.

Romans 6:16 Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?

Luckily for we believers, we are not slaves to God in the context you are talking from, we are SONS OF GOD.

Romans 8:14
[14]For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

Galatians 4:6-7
[6]And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.
[7]Wherefore thou art no more a servant, but a son; and if a son, then an heir of God through Christ.

I want you to believe in Jesus, he is the only way, any other way leads to destruction.

But you are still quoting from the book of slaves.....abegi, talk better thing......

I talk to my God directly, I don't need any bloody intermediary..... especially by using that Jew man called jesus.....
Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by Nobody: 11:56am On Sep 26, 2021
Sleekfingers:

But you are still quoting from the book of slaves.....abegi, talk better thing......

I talk to my God directly, I don't need any bloody intermediary..... especially by using that Jew man called jesus.....
Which God again? When you are a self acclaimed atheist.
Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by Sleekfingers: 11:58am On Sep 26, 2021
Nuttella:
Which God again? When you are a self acclaimed atheist.

Must I be a christian or muslim to believe in God?
Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by Nobody: 12:00pm On Sep 26, 2021
Sleekfingers:

Must I be a christian or muslim to believe in God?
Christian God is Yahweh, Muslim is Allah, gods are not the same. So what is the name of your god?
Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by Sleekfingers: 12:14pm On Sep 26, 2021
Nuttella:
Christian God is Yahweh, Muslim is Allah, gods are the same. So what is the name of your god?

Eledumare
Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by Heavenlygrace7(m): 12:14pm On Sep 26, 2021
May God help and guide us to serve him better.
Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by holuhseun(m): 12:38pm On Sep 26, 2021
Christianity is not hard! It's because we forgot to know that Christian goes along with Constant Prayer and reading of the word of God.. Anybody who does the two will see that xtianity is easy. For the promises God left the Christians are limitless. The Bible(Word) opens your eyes to the lies of the devil being peddle around about way life should be, second the prayer opens you up to infinite power of possibilities that comes from walking with God.
Matt 22:29 Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God.
If you know the scripture and the power of God, you ll see that xtianity is simple
Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by Nobody: 12:53pm On Sep 26, 2021
The truth is that the moment you declare Jesus as your Lord and Savior, the devil declares war against you.

You all know that we were born in sin, evil has dominated the world and our body is prone to sin, as we have elements of sin in us, being a born again doesn't erase them. This is where the devil attacks, he will speak to those elements of sin in us, causing us to fall back to him. And if, we don't equip our spiritual lives and resist the devil, we will definitely fall. This attack from the devil intensifies immediately you accept Jesus in your life. The same reason one will go to church, after listening to the word of God, he or she will go back home the same way.

Now, as a child of God, how do you equip yourself to overcome? People who operate in the dark, always make sacrifices in terms of human, animal or substance, every month or once a year. Secondly, they usually operate from 12am everyday, while the children of God snore away. As a child of God, we must be prepared at all times spiritually, by engaging God, at the same time these people operate, to counter them and their words. It's the time to ask God to help you overcome, because we can't do that on our own. It's time to start evangelizing to people, using yourself to preach, the more you speak against your past life, the more you will resent them.

Pray, pray and keep praying for total transformation, and avoid those things or people that will lure you to sin.

1 Like

Re: Living A Perfect Christian Life Is Hard But Possible by ugbanante: 1:43pm On Sep 26, 2021
I will use the word challenging instead of difficult.
Christianity is living a life of another kingdom in another kingdom. It wont b easy per say but its achievable.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Dream Interpretation Center. (tell Ur Dream & I'll Uncover It) / Pastor Adeboye Says Pray Btw 11p.m To 1 A.m / Holy Order

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.