Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,257 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:08 AM

I’ll No Longer Accept Excuses - COAS Yahaya Warns Commanders - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’ll No Longer Accept Excuses - COAS Yahaya Warns Commanders (13927 Views)

COAS Yahaya To Tinubu: Army Remains Loyal To You & To The Constitution / Gen. Faruk Yahaya Warns IPOB, ESN: Don’t Threaten Integrity Of Nigeria / Newly-Appointed COAS, Yahaya Pays Last Respect To Late Predecessor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’ll No Longer Accept Excuses - COAS Yahaya Warns Commanders by camri: 2:06pm On Sep 13, 2021
The Chief of Army Staff (COAS), Lt.-Gen. Faruk Yahaya has warned that he will not take or accept excuses from commanders as they lead troops in tackling security challenges facing the country.

Yahaya gave the warning at the opening of the “Combined Second and Third Quarter Chief of Army Staff Conference’’ on Monday in Abuja.

He said the army under his command would remain resolute and continue to chart progressive paths towards tackling the challenges.

The COAS disclosed that he had directed that the tempo of all ongoing operations be sustained and improved upon.

He also said that he had directed that special operations be conducted, especially in the North Central and North West to address deteriorating security infractions in those zones.

“Commanders must, therefore, glean from my `Command Philosophy’ to ensure that operational and administrative proficiencies of Nigerian Army units and formations are sustained and improved upon.

“Commanders must seize the initiative and commanders must take initiative, they must take decisive actions to defeat the threats in their respective areas of responsibilities (AORs).

“I will not again take or accept no excuses. Gentlemen, failure is failure irrespective of the circumstances,” he said.

Yahaya said that efforts were in progress to provide the army with combat enablers to enhance and boost its operations
towards addressing the logistics constraints.

He also said that concerted efforts were being made to eliminate the threat of Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs)
which had been a major impediment to troops and their operations in the North East.

The army chief assured the commanders of his determination to rebuild the fighting skills, capacity, confidence and morale
of the troops across the various theatres of operations.

According to him, training must also be given due attention that it deserves.

He added that priorities for the fourth quarter of the year would include training and more training.

“I will ensure that through functional training, officers and soldiers of the Nigerian Army are equipped with the right
attitude, competences and skills to effectively undertake daring missions in addition to developing special operations
forces.

“This would be closely followed by procurement that ensures appropriate kitting and provision of protective gear, weapons, equipment and platforms.

“Let me however remind you all that while no effort will be spared in achieving these goals, it is command responsibility to ensure the sustenance and maintenance of all equipment.

“We must therefore strive to improve our maintenance culture to prolong the life span of our platforms and equipment,” he
said.

The COAS said the conference would offer opportunity for the officers to brainstorm and interact on the state of affairs of
the Nigerian army and review their activities for the second and third quarters that were crucial to the stability of Nigeria.

He said the interaction was with a view to coming up with new strategies for winning the war against terror and other violent crimes being perpetrated across the country.

The Chief of Policy and Plans (Army), Maj.-Gen. Anthony Omozoje said the conference with the team, “Developing Enduring Strategies to Accomplish Assigned Mission in a Joint Environment”, was designed to enable commanders to interact on ongoing operations.

Omozoje added that the discussions would also focus on all activities of the Nigerian army during the second and third quarters of the year.

According to him, the current security challenges in the nation require army to review its current operations and adopt better strategies to tackling them.

He expressed confidence that the conference would produce the blueprint and outcome that would help in reshaping the security landscape of the country.

https://pmnewsnigeria.com/2021/09/13/ill-no-longer-accept-excuses-coas-yahaya-warns-commanders/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’ll No Longer Accept Excuses - COAS Yahaya Warns Commanders by Ancecoker(m): 2:09pm On Sep 13, 2021
cheesy
Re: I’ll No Longer Accept Excuses - COAS Yahaya Warns Commanders by kennethfranc(m): 2:10pm On Sep 13, 2021
H
Re: I’ll No Longer Accept Excuses - COAS Yahaya Warns Commanders by ichidodo: 2:10pm On Sep 13, 2021
How can the theatre commanders gain the initiatives when they don't play Call of Duty?!...

5 Likes

Re: I’ll No Longer Accept Excuses - COAS Yahaya Warns Commanders by Weduim: 2:10pm On Sep 13, 2021
Hmm
Re: I’ll No Longer Accept Excuses - COAS Yahaya Warns Commanders by Isokoboy(m): 2:10pm On Sep 13, 2021
until the senior ogas in Abuja are held responsible...weneva a soldier pays the supreme price.......... there will always b story
Re: I’ll No Longer Accept Excuses - COAS Yahaya Warns Commanders by Babaflenjor: 2:10pm On Sep 13, 2021
J
Re: I’ll No Longer Accept Excuses - COAS Yahaya Warns Commanders by Truthissupreme: 2:10pm On Sep 13, 2021
As you drop mic bandits go invade another military base and slaughter una again for this boast

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’ll No Longer Accept Excuses - COAS Yahaya Warns Commanders by SULTAN22(m): 2:11pm On Sep 13, 2021
We the citizens also, will no longer take excuses from you.
Weed these bandits from nigeria soil, is this too much to ask?

9 Likes

Re: I’ll No Longer Accept Excuses - COAS Yahaya Warns Commanders by Barsote(m): 2:11pm On Sep 13, 2021
Z
Re: I’ll No Longer Accept Excuses - COAS Yahaya Warns Commanders by chuose2: 2:11pm On Sep 13, 2021
This govt is full of terrorists, they never plan to stop these attacks

Like joke like joke fulanis will over run Nigeria

5 Likes

Re: I’ll No Longer Accept Excuses - COAS Yahaya Warns Commanders by gbaskiboy: 2:11pm On Sep 13, 2021
Kingdom can't stand against itself

2 Likes

Re: I’ll No Longer Accept Excuses - COAS Yahaya Warns Commanders by Omicron007: 2:11pm On Sep 13, 2021
shocked

I had one sexy big nyashed female soldier as my crush in camp during my days of NYSC.

I still think of her till today. The rest soliders should fvck off.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’ll No Longer Accept Excuses - COAS Yahaya Warns Commanders by Hangmnk: 2:11pm On Sep 13, 2021
Hmmm
Re: I’ll No Longer Accept Excuses - COAS Yahaya Warns Commanders by StayMotivated: 2:11pm On Sep 13, 2021
Awon Werey

1 Like

Re: I’ll No Longer Accept Excuses - COAS Yahaya Warns Commanders by chiedu7: 2:12pm On Sep 13, 2021
These Northerners are planning to slowly but surely hand Nigeria over to terrorists.

After the kidnapping of soldiers from NDA Kaduna, the govt was embarrassed.

To avoid more embarrassment for more attacks, they switched of the Mobile phone networks in Zamfara,
so that people will find it hard telling the world whats going on.

Thus was an attempted media blackout for the coming attacks

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/nwest/483366-why-we-shut-down-telecommunications-networks-in-zamfara-governor.html

Once they got the planned media blackout , terrorists attacked Zamfara military bases

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/484510-bandits-attack-military-base-in-zamfara-12-personnel-pay-supreme-price.html

If the South does not wakeup this will engulf us, this is why I demand that the South Unites & frees us from this tyranny

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’ll No Longer Accept Excuses - COAS Yahaya Warns Commanders by akinmusi(m): 2:12pm On Sep 13, 2021
People are still menting typing single letters
Re: I’ll No Longer Accept Excuses - COAS Yahaya Warns Commanders by Austema(m): 2:12pm On Sep 13, 2021
I dont even know what to comment.

Na God be our only hope
Re: I’ll No Longer Accept Excuses - COAS Yahaya Warns Commanders by akposking(m): 2:12pm On Sep 13, 2021
Pls if you get to know of anyone selling his/her car. Any model and any color. In good condition with all the documents valid and legal, and the price is between 750k and 1.500m Please let him/her sell it. I am not interested.

1 Like

Re: I’ll No Longer Accept Excuses - COAS Yahaya Warns Commanders by ReubenE(m): 2:12pm On Sep 13, 2021
Even this one he is saying is an excuse....

The security situation in this country has gone beyond the level of a security chief still issuing empty threats like 'I will no longer', after three months, another round of 'I will no longer'

Set hands to purpose, and watch Nigerians see the benefits of your office.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: I’ll No Longer Accept Excuses - COAS Yahaya Warns Commanders by Lattop(m): 2:12pm On Sep 13, 2021
Oga talk less we need more action
Re: I’ll No Longer Accept Excuses - COAS Yahaya Warns Commanders by Skillsnigeria: 2:13pm On Sep 13, 2021
Hmmm
Re: I’ll No Longer Accept Excuses - COAS Yahaya Warns Commanders by Kaybee14(m): 2:13pm On Sep 13, 2021
Ok. It is well.
Re: I’ll No Longer Accept Excuses - COAS Yahaya Warns Commanders by GoldenSpec: 2:14pm On Sep 13, 2021
Reading! tongue
Re: I’ll No Longer Accept Excuses - COAS Yahaya Warns Commanders by phemmie06(m): 2:14pm On Sep 13, 2021
Let' see how this work out even your boss was disobeyed by IG and nothing happen
Re: I’ll No Longer Accept Excuses - COAS Yahaya Warns Commanders by FeelBest: 2:15pm On Sep 13, 2021
angry
Re: I’ll No Longer Accept Excuses - COAS Yahaya Warns Commanders by ChasinGood(m): 2:15pm On Sep 13, 2021
Clowns everywhere grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tambuwal Visits Olusegun Obasanjo In Ogun State / Senate Says It Is Ready To Amend Nigerian Constitution To Okay State Police / Osun '18: PDP Screening Committee Successfully Screens, Clears 11 Aspirants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.