Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,016 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:41 AM

I’ll No Longer Accept Excuses - COAS Yahaya Warns Commanders - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’ll No Longer Accept Excuses - COAS Yahaya Warns Commanders (13934 Views)

COAS Yahaya To Tinubu: Army Remains Loyal To You & To The Constitution / Gen. Faruk Yahaya Warns IPOB, ESN: Don’t Threaten Integrity Of Nigeria / Newly-Appointed COAS, Yahaya Pays Last Respect To Late Predecessor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I’ll No Longer Accept Excuses - COAS Yahaya Warns Commanders by brightisodje(m): 2:16pm On Sep 13, 2021
Too much noise maker in this buhari regime
Re: I’ll No Longer Accept Excuses - COAS Yahaya Warns Commanders by hansomb: 2:19pm On Sep 13, 2021
ichidodo:
How can the theatre commanders gain the initiatives when they don't play Call of Duty?!...
lol
Re: I’ll No Longer Accept Excuses - COAS Yahaya Warns Commanders by Joeuc1: 2:20pm On Sep 13, 2021
Good action
Re: I’ll No Longer Accept Excuses - COAS Yahaya Warns Commanders by hansomb: 2:20pm On Sep 13, 2021
“I will not again take or accept no excuses. Gentlemen, failure is failure irrespective of the circumstances,” he said.
I like that. Head must roll.
Re: I’ll No Longer Accept Excuses - COAS Yahaya Warns Commanders by Aboks(m): 2:24pm On Sep 13, 2021
SMOKE
Re: I’ll No Longer Accept Excuses - COAS Yahaya Warns Commanders by chiedu7: 2:28pm On Sep 13, 2021
y
Re: I’ll No Longer Accept Excuses - COAS Yahaya Warns Commanders by contigiency(m): 2:36pm On Sep 13, 2021
SULTAN22:
We the citizens also, will no longer take excuses from you.
Weed these bandits from nigeria soil, is this too much to ask?

Of course it's not too much to ask from your bedroom.
Re: I’ll No Longer Accept Excuses - COAS Yahaya Warns Commanders by bayelsaowei(m): 2:38pm On Sep 13, 2021
angry grin...this means the news we have been reading all might just be true..

The moment Nigeria started exchanging competence for religion, tribe and favoritism thats the exact same time we stopped being a serious country..
Re: I’ll No Longer Accept Excuses - COAS Yahaya Warns Commanders by sabreal: 2:45pm On Sep 13, 2021
That shows that he has been tolerating excuses and failure before.

But will he co tinue to tolerate ineffective commander in chief at the detriment of the soldiers?

camri list=105775397:
The Chief of Army Staff (COAS), Lt.-Gen. Faruk Yahaya has warned that he will not take or accept excuses from commanders as they lead troops in tackling security challenges facing the country.

Yahaya gave the warning at the opening of the “Combined Second and Third Quarter Chief of Army Staff Conference’’ on Monday in Abuja.

He said the army under his command would remain resolute and continue to chart progressive paths towards tackling the challenges.

The COAS disclosed that he had directed that the tempo of all ongoing operations be sustained and improved upon.

He also said that he had directed that special operations be conducted, especially in the North Central and North West to address deteriorating security infractions in those zones.

“Commanders must, therefore, glean from my `Command Philosophy’ to ensure that operational and administrative proficiencies of Nigerian Army units and formations are sustained and improved upon.

“Commanders must seize the initiative and commanders must take initiative, they must take decisive actions to defeat the threats in their respective areas of responsibilities (AORs).

“I will not again take or accept no excuses. Gentlemen, failure is failure irrespective of the circumstances,” he said.

Yahaya said that efforts were in progress to provide the army with combat enablers to enhance and boost its operations
towards addressing the logistics constraints.

He also said that concerted efforts were being made to eliminate the threat of Improvised Explosive Devices (IEDs)
which had been a major impediment to troops and their operations in the North East.

The army chief assured the commanders of his determination to rebuild the fighting skills, capacity, confidence and morale
of the troops across the various theatres of operations.

According to him, training must also be given due attention that it deserves.

He added that priorities for the fourth quarter of the year would include training and more training.

“I will ensure that through functional training, officers and soldiers of the Nigerian Army are equipped with the right
attitude, competences and skills to effectively undertake daring missions in addition to developing special operations
forces.

“This would be closely followed by procurement that ensures appropriate kitting and provision of protective gear, weapons, equipment and platforms.

“Let me however remind you all that while no effort will be spared in achieving these goals, it is command responsibility to ensure the sustenance and maintenance of all equipment.

“We must therefore strive to improve our maintenance culture to prolong the life span of our platforms and equipment,” he
said.

The COAS said the conference would offer opportunity for the officers to brainstorm and interact on the state of affairs of
the Nigerian army and review their activities for the second and third quarters that were crucial to the stability of Nigeria.

He said the interaction was with a view to coming up with new strategies for winning the war against terror and other violent crimes being perpetrated across the country.

The Chief of Policy and Plans (Army), Maj.-Gen. Anthony Omozoje said the conference with the team, “Developing Enduring Strategies to Accomplish Assigned Mission in a Joint Environment”, was designed to enable commanders to interact on ongoing operations.

Omozoje added that the discussions would also focus on all activities of the Nigerian army during the second and third quarters of the year.

According to him, the current security challenges in the nation require army to review its current operations and adopt better strategies to tackling them.

He expressed confidence that the conference would produce the blueprint and outcome that would help in reshaping the security landscape of the country.

https://pmnewsnigeria.com/2021/09/13/ill-no-longer-accept-excuses-coas-yahaya-warns-commanders/

Re: I’ll No Longer Accept Excuses - COAS Yahaya Warns Commanders by Kellie069(m): 2:46pm On Sep 13, 2021
Foolish oga at the top
Re: I’ll No Longer Accept Excuses - COAS Yahaya Warns Commanders by Sammerboi: 2:47pm On Sep 13, 2021
The Quota system Army chief talking trash once again lol.
Re: I’ll No Longer Accept Excuses - COAS Yahaya Warns Commanders by hotseat: 2:48pm On Sep 13, 2021
Another talkshop as usual!

Just relentlessly take the battle to the enemies in their hideouts and do the needful.

I wonder how they feel when their bases are frequently attacked with brazen impunity by those we call ragtags!

I dey shame for our "gallant" soldiers most times o!

More action, less talk!
Re: I’ll No Longer Accept Excuses - COAS Yahaya Warns Commanders by seunayantokun(m): 2:55pm On Sep 13, 2021
75 per cent of our communication is done non-verbally. The warning is never a serious and sincere one if his body language says they are bandits, not terrorists; candidates for amnesty that should be taken care of, not boko haram members that must be taken out.

It's still audio.

1 Like

Re: I’ll No Longer Accept Excuses - COAS Yahaya Warns Commanders by ofiko123(m): 2:59pm On Sep 13, 2021
Story for the gods..
Re: I’ll No Longer Accept Excuses - COAS Yahaya Warns Commanders by techWriter1: 3:12pm On Sep 13, 2021
As you dip mic robbers betweens conquer another military airbase and slaughterhouse una again for this claim
Re: I’ll No Longer Accept Excuses - COAS Yahaya Warns Commanders by Man2utd(m): 3:48pm On Sep 13, 2021
When Nigerian soldiers are on an errand for Yahoo boys, the real COAS are yahoo boys, they control the soldiers
Re: I’ll No Longer Accept Excuses - COAS Yahaya Warns Commanders by Gfskw: 5:42pm On Sep 13, 2021
Oh
Re: I’ll No Longer Accept Excuses - COAS Yahaya Warns Commanders by Comedian2019: 6:35pm On Sep 13, 2021
Another warning as usual. When they are ready, they'll flush out those bastard terrorists.
Re: I’ll No Longer Accept Excuses - COAS Yahaya Warns Commanders by Comedian2019: 6:37pm On Sep 13, 2021
seunayantokun:
75 per cent of our communication is done non-verbally. The warning is never a serious and sincere one if his body language says they are bandits, not terrorists; candidates for amnesty that should be taken care of, not boko haram members that must be taken out.

It's still audio.
You're saying the undiluted truth.

1 Like

Re: I’ll No Longer Accept Excuses - COAS Yahaya Warns Commanders by joshbj(m): 8:25pm On Sep 13, 2021
I like the statement "failure is failure irrespective of the circumstances".

I'm glad they've seen it.
Re: I’ll No Longer Accept Excuses - COAS Yahaya Warns Commanders by Poleski: 10:16pm On Sep 13, 2021
Nigerian military is Incompetent, corrupt and murderous! It's probably the worst in the world!
Re: I’ll No Longer Accept Excuses - COAS Yahaya Warns Commanders by Coolgent(m): 12:26am On Sep 14, 2021
Just ask yourself this question how on earth illiterate Fulani bandits can attack and kill morethan 12 professional soldiers
Re: I’ll No Longer Accept Excuses - COAS Yahaya Warns Commanders by Tundex911: 2:26pm On Sep 14, 2021
Super Story

Smh

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gbajabiamila Hails Sam Onuigbo, Describes Him As Dogged / Shekarau Lists Conditions For Reconciliation With Ganduje Group / IGP Appoints John Amadi DIG Research & Planning, Deploys CP Adesina To Ekiti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.