Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,159 members, 7,818,529 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:02 PM

Truly,there's Serious Hunger In The Land - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Truly,there's Serious Hunger In The Land (423 Views)

Punch Editorial: There Is Looming Hunger In The Land / Sabo Nanono: There Is No Hunger In Nigeria – FG / Man Climbs Billboard To Protest Against Buhari, Hunger In Adamawa (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Truly,there's Serious Hunger In The Land by Bobbyjay001(m): 6:55pm On Sep 13, 2021
I am not posting this to mock the person involved or something similar. This is just what i am seeing for the first time.

I came back from church yesterday with my children and my wife told me something that made me sad.
She didn't go to church yester day due to a reason.

My wife told me she was in watching a program and heard a knock on our door. She opened the door only to behold a poorly dressed man, his wife and 4 kids.

She (my wife) was afraid at first but composed herself. The man introduced himself and asked if we had left over food or remnant we could spare for he and his family hadn't eaten for days.

Wifey told him wehad none (for we measure what we eat since this Buhari's regime and eat to have something in our stomachs but not to eat to our satisfaction).

They were about to turn back disappointed whem my wife told him we had garri me could spare. The man was happy and wifey served him garri but was surprised at how they drank the garri voraciously like they hadn't eaten for weeks.

TBcd

3 Likes

Re: Truly,there's Serious Hunger In The Land by Conner44: 7:03pm On Sep 13, 2021
Which one is Tbcd again? undecided or have another family started knocking on your door now that you can’t conclude your story immediately?

All these Nairaland amateur script writers self

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Truly,there's Serious Hunger In The Land by Bobbyjay001(m): 7:14pm On Sep 13, 2021
Sorry, i am typing with a small Techno phone which supports just 1024 characters.

So, after they finished eating, they thanked wifey alot and were about leaving when wifey said she could spare 3cups of rice.

The wife was happy and asked if we had palm oil to prepare it and wifey said we didn't.

They later asked my wife not to worry that they would sort it out.

The man thanke my wife and said he's a driver in case we have driving job.

In a nutshell, wifey collected his number sha while they moved to the next house for luck.

My wife later told me that it seemed they've been moving from house to house to beg for food.

This made me conclude there's truly hunger in the land. For a sane man to summon the courage and move around to beg for food, this is serious.

I'm just happy me were able to do a bit.

May Almighty God save us in this country (amen)

4 Likes

Re: Truly,there's Serious Hunger In The Land by Bobbyjay001(m): 7:23pm On Sep 13, 2021
Conner44:
Which one is Tbcd again? undecided or have another family started knocking on your door now that you can’t conclude your story immediately?

All these Nairaland amateur script writers self

script ke?
you be professional abi?

1 Like

Re: Truly,there's Serious Hunger In The Land by Conner44: 7:33pm On Sep 13, 2021
Bobbyjay001:

script ke?
you be professional abi?

Before nko? That’s exactly why I’m able to spot amateurs from a mile away grin

Oya finish your story. I’m sure the second family must have drank another bowl of garri again. Remember to reserve the one for your dinner sha. Tell iyawo not to give everything out as charity lest you go to bed hungry
Re: Truly,there's Serious Hunger In The Land by gabolak(m): 7:34pm On Sep 13, 2021
Very serious one ooo
Re: Truly,there's Serious Hunger In The Land by Bobbyjay001(m): 7:41pm On Sep 13, 2021
Conner44:

Before nko? That’s exactly why I’m able to spot amateurs from a mile away grin

Oya finish your story. I’m sure the second family must have drank another bowl of garri again. Remember to reserve the one for your dinner sha. Tell iyawo not to give everything out as charity lest you go to bed hungry

story already completed and i gave reason why i couldn't complete in once.

Grow up kid.

1 Like

Re: Truly,there's Serious Hunger In The Land by Arda1000(m): 7:43pm On Sep 13, 2021
I don’t know how authentic this story is but as for hunger yes it’s everywhere, this one is not i be Apc or pdp, high cost of basic necessities will make everyone get sense insah Allah grin,dollar is now 550 per naira and it’s still free failing,if a bag of flour reaches 30k na that time the real hunger go start this is just microphone testing
Re: Truly,there's Serious Hunger In The Land by Conner44: 7:55pm On Sep 13, 2021
Bobbyjay001:

Grow up kid.

I can’t grow up. I only grow ‘down’. Think of it like I am suffering from “Benjamin Button” disease grin

Heaven knows why he didn’t allow you to be around when that poor family came knocking. Who knew maybe you’d have told iyawo to slam your door on their faces and sent them off hungry angry

God works in miraculous ways doesn’t he?
Re: Truly,there's Serious Hunger In The Land by Bobbyjay001(m): 8:04pm On Sep 13, 2021
Conner44:

I can’t grow up. I only grow ‘down’. Think of it like I am suffering from “Benjamin Button” disease grin

Heaven knows why he didn’t allow you to be around when that poor family came knocking. Who knew maybe you’d have told iyawo to slam your door on their faces and sent them off hungry angry

God works in miraculous ways doesn’t he?

You got it pretty wrong. I ain't a bad person.

Though, i owe you no explanation but i wouldn't have assited less.
Re: Truly,there's Serious Hunger In The Land by Bobbyjay001(m): 8:12pm On Sep 13, 2021
Arda1000:
I don’t know how authentic this story is but as for hunger yes it’s everywhere, this one is not i be Apc or pdp, high cost of basic necessities will make everyone get sense insah Allah grin,dollar is now 550 per naira and it’s still free failing,if a bag of flour reaches 30k na that time the real hunger go start this is just microphone testing

I swear to God almighty, this story is real.

i know there's hunger but never thought it could be this bad for a man with four kids and his wife to beg for food from house to house.
Re: Truly,there's Serious Hunger In The Land by bet9ja(m): 8:57pm On Sep 13, 2021
This is the current situation of most Nigerian families. May God intervene ontime.

1 Like

Re: Truly,there's Serious Hunger In The Land by nairabacks(f): 9:16pm On Sep 13, 2021
My fear is that the hunger is just beginning..

2 Likes

Re: Truly,there's Serious Hunger In The Land by saaron(m): 9:31pm On Sep 13, 2021
When the righteous are in govt, people rejoice. But when when the WICKED are in power, the people suffer.
Proverbs 29:2
Re: Truly,there's Serious Hunger In The Land by Tinubuadvocate: 9:40pm On Sep 13, 2021
Don't mind that thing.
Bobbyjay001:

Grow up kid.
Re: Truly,there's Serious Hunger In The Land by Bobbyjay001(m): 9:56pm On Sep 13, 2021
Tinubuadvocate:
Don't mind that thing.
thanks boss
Re: Truly,there's Serious Hunger In The Land by Tabithazen(f): 8:13am On Sep 14, 2021
Hmmm people are really suffering. May God help us all.

(1) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Senate President, Lawan Becomes Aare Akorewolu Of Iyin Kingdom, Ekiti / Cyber Crime: Ichie Sir Izuchukwu Nwabueze Charges Youths To Shun Internet Fraud / Nigeria Ignores Its History Of Rogue Injustices & Blames Secessionists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.